Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 193. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

With 51% hashrate you would be creating 51% blocks, not all, and you would be getting the same reward per block as everyone else, not double. And you can cancel transactions as much as you like but other 49% hashrate would be including them in blocks. Also, at certain point your mining would be very unprofitable with us buyers still buying more coins than you can mine so, all in all, STFU.

How about you google 51% attack before you open your mouth?
After you google it, you will see that it is EXACTLY as I say it is.
If you are smart enough (which btw I bet you're not), you could even test it on the testnet.

This thread is full of imbeciles like yourself.Not all of the users. But most of them.
I will no longer reply to idiotic comments  (comments that are proven wrong).
Instead I caution everyone to do research and not take everything said here for granted.
You cannot determine if a post is correct simply by the fact that is to your liking.
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
There's one thing I must say, MINERS ARE IMPORTANT! If we don't make the network big enough, we must worry about things that we wouldn't have to with a larger network.

I still think we need to make BURST more attractive to miners, not less. Sitting doing what's been going on lately is not great, indecision causes nothing to get accomplished.

No matter what you feel of bitladen... He's right about the things he's said, and getting miners and usage for the coin are very important.

I used to believe the model of BURST was perfect, but the more I see things happening and the more I think about it, the more I think it's in great planning, but only in a perfect scenario could it work as intended.

I fear that without changes and attraction of miners, the network will continue to shrink. As we've seen, there are miners quitting due to POWER, which is crazy with a coin that barely uses more power than PoS. This trend cannot continue.

If security is important to anyone, they're going to understand why miners are important.

Even the fact that someone getting 51% at all is possible, should be concerning. The next steps we take to resolve this are critical, what are they?

I want to hear suggestions, then I'll post mine. I know the idea may not be extremely popular, but I challenge anyone to come up with a counter proposal. We will gladly look at all options.

Now that we got a basic, what are the next step(s)? Waiting?
I was hoping you would then continue the conversation by explaining the 51% attack justification.

I'm sure you don't realize this, but once I 51% attack, with 51% of the hashrate I am getting all the blocks, hence doubling my reward. Of course there's always the possibility that I would cancel transactions as I please, should I chose to. So at that point, you would really have to have complete confidence in me.

With 51% hashrate you would be creating 51% blocks, not all, and you would be getting the same reward per block as everyone else, not double. And you can cancel transactions as much as you like but other 49% hashrate would be including them in blocks. Also, at certain point your mining would be very unprofitable with us buyers still buying more coins than you can mine so, all in all, STFU.

Not to my understanding. The majority (51%) decides, who gets and who don't. Or said with other words, 51% decide who is the lawful BURSTcoin blockchain. The entries in the 49% or less, will simple seen as bogus. With that said, the 49% or less mined Bursts would be not accepted, and so the 51% side will get ALL coins allocated for this time period (including the 49%).

You understanding is insuffiscient for us to continue with debate.

I would be interested in your opinion, can you please?
Elmits, bitladens, and bears, oh my  Shocked

With friends like these...

You mentioned me? to tell what???
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
I want to hear suggestions, then I'll post mine. I know the idea may not be extremely popular, but I challenge anyone to come up with a counter proposal. We will gladly look at all options.

This is my suggestion:

People should invest in BURST assets, to suck up inflation generated by miners. Miners usually dump the coins at very low price, they barely earn any profits and they only push the price further down.

If they were to invest in the BURST assets they would earn considerably more profits, and since their funds are temporarily locked, they cant sell, unless they sell the asset itself too.

This will remove a great burden of sell pressure from the price, and it will go up, then they can sell some of it at higher profit, and in a slower pace, ensuring that the BURST price will have an uptrend.

Also the assets will go up in price too, that will attract further speculators/investors into BURST, so it's a win-win-win situation, and no protocol change is needed!

Also before I forget, the INCOME report is ready of the last 24 hour period, we made +0.10312% returns, and since variance is pretty low, we can expect this ROI every day.

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/page-4#post-6177

I think my asset and BYTEENT, can rescue BURST and make it in the Top 5 of crypto-currencies Wink
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
There's one thing I must say, MINERS ARE IMPORTANT! If we don't make the network big enough, we must worry about things that we wouldn't have to with a larger network.

I still think we need to make BURST more attractive to miners, not less. Sitting doing what's been going on lately is not great, indecision causes nothing to get accomplished.

No matter what you feel of bitladen... He's right about the things he's said, and getting miners and usage for the coin are very important.

I used to believe the model of BURST was perfect, but the more I see things happening and the more I think about it, the more I think it's in great planning, but only in a perfect scenario could it work as intended.

I fear that without changes and attraction of miners, the network will continue to shrink. As we've seen, there are miners quitting due to POWER, which is crazy with a coin that barely uses more power than PoS. This trend cannot continue.

If security is important to anyone, they're going to understand why miners are important.

Even the fact that someone getting 51% at all is possible, should be concerning. The next steps we take to resolve this are critical, what are they?

i dont wanna say this but pm me or messeage me if you know any use for my &TB besides burst coin some other HDD coin this burst its going to less then 30 satoshis i belive and to have like 18.000 satoshis per mining per day its fewble

But you dont mine satoshis, you mine BURST.

So you can hold your BURST until the price goes higher, no need to dump at 18sat/day price. Wait a few weeks and it will be more, or invest it in the 2 best assets of BURST:  ByteEnt and Income.

Woah i Havn't kept up with the market, the miners sell pressure pushed this down to 18?

Well obviously the lower the price the lower the mining profit. Burst has a 2 billion total supply and currently we are ~50%, so at worst case the price will go down to 17.5 satoshi, and that is only if until then we do nothing, which is absurd.

We will have tons of new investments and joiners until then. My asset alone generates about 1-2% daily in bitcoin, I don't know exactly but in 30 minutes I will publish the daily earning results in the burst forum.

Thats why BURST people should invest in Income & ByteEnt, to suck up inflation and push BURST prices higher instead of holding their coins in their address where the inflation will eat it away and then they will fear-sell too, which is not good for anybody.

So bottom line, invest in BURST assets instead of holding to your coins.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
i dont wanna say this but pm me or messeage me if you know any use for my &TB besides burst coin some other HDD coin this burst its going to less then 30 satoshis i belive and to have like 18.000 satoshis per mining per day its fewble

So you can hold your BURST until the price goes higher, no need to dump at 18sat/day price. Wait a few weeks and it will be more, or invest it in the 2 best assets of BURST:  ByteEnt and Income.

Woah i Havn't kept up with the market, the miners sell pressure pushed this down to 18?
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
I was hoping you would then continue the conversation by explaining the 51% attack justification.

I'm sure you don't realize this, but once I 51% attack, with 51% of the hashrate I am getting all the blocks, hence doubling my reward. Of course there's always the possibility that I would cancel transactions as I please, should I chose to. So at that point, you would really have to have complete confidence in me.

Not to my understanding. The majority (51%) decides, who gets and who don't. Or said with other words, 51% decide who is the lawful BURSTcoin blockchain. The entries in the 49% or less, will simple seen as bogus. With that said, the 49% or less mined Bursts would be not accepted, and so the 51% side will get ALL coins allocated for this time period (including the 49%).

You understanding is insuffiscient for us to continue with debate.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Want to supply evidence with your claims? otherwise they wont be taken seriously
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Elmits, bitladens, and bears, oh my  Shocked

With friends like these...
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Bitcoin & Burst having problems at the moment but I generally believe this is where burst will show its strength, bitcoin will fail and burst will prevail stronger than ever

I`ve began advertising the shop in the bitcointalk/digital goods, section, and every purchase from there will directly fund the INCOME asset

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-1172906

I see that BURST is having some problem now, but dont worry, if we stay here and work on it will be resolved. Bitcoin went to 0 three times, and now its 3.5 billion $, so I wont quit, because I see one of the biggest opportunities of crypto in this coin.

And whatever the devs do, if we keep working, eventually this coin will succeed Cheesy
Activity: 651
Merit: 518

Faucet should be fixed, forgot to update something and had an un-synced blockchain(actually it's still unsynced, will have to wait for that a while).

Thank you!
The outage was too short, ... only ONE miner gained hereby.
Activity: 588
Faucet should be fixed, forgot to update something and had an un-synced blockchain(actually it's still unsynced, will have to wait for that a while).
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
bin, did you read my post before with my two ideas?

what do you say, or will you only talk and talk about a 51% attack as month ago and nothing will again happen?

I haven't yet had 51% of the hashpower. As soon as I do I will attack.

1. Ok the clone I might make it at anytime. But don't expect that I will move all my hashpower over there Tongue

2. Pause mining for a week, so we can do a test attack. Not exactly sure what you mean by that. If all pool stop what am I to attack. If only one pool remains, everybody will move there.  

In fact is there is other hash outside public pools, I can defeat that, I would do a test run for a few hours, if the pools agree

IMO you are crying becouse you invest a lot of money in mining equipemnt and dont have ROI of that, so you want to increase block reward, then dump all what you have int he market. You can do whatever you want. Community decide about future of the coin, not you.

OR ...

You can do something else. Power off your rigs. Better for us, difficulity will drop drastically so more coins for normal miners.

To Community
Please do not power off your rigs and pools. I mine with my 10TB rigs untill this coin was started. Profitable or not i mine it. Why thi guy try threaten us? Man you can do 51% attack and mine your own fork - go ahead. So what next?  We have our great coin maybe undervalued maybe not. It's not perfect but IT IS innovative. Remember beginning when bitcoin start. I hope our DEV will go back and we will distribute this coin in the proper way. If not we need to start to look for new developer team (with current dev blessing). W are community and we are decide about coin future. Not SINGLE rancorous user.
Jump to: