Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 195. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
What motivation do you have to play the hostile miner card on a blockchain that is roughly one year old?

I am not hostile. Burst community is hostile towards me. I am honestly trying to help.
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
This is fuckin great! Look at the market! WTF is that. Keep holding to your bags till the bitter end. Right?

BURST is crashing. I have held my bag far too long.
But that's it, I'm gonna dump my 20 million, burst is hopeless.

I hope y'all are happy now.
There you have it, the end of bitladen.

What made you change your mind?

I didn't change my mind, I dumped everything back then.
Of course you mean, why not the end? Because I am getting close to 51% apparently, and I'm excited.

To boba and the other guy, you make it sound like getting 1 PB is an easy thing, that anyone could do it. I can assure you that it is not so. In fact if it were any easier I would have 10PB now. Right?

Well it's not as complicated as it is expensive. That's why people are backing out. Soon you will be stuck with me as the only miner, if mining profitability does not increase.

And from a reward and/or price increase I would only have 25% of the benefit, the rest of 75% will go to the other miners, as of now. Of course, if you don't want to pay them, they will leave and once I reach 51% I can double my reward on my own.

So you see, reward increase does not help me reach 51%, quite on the contrary, miners would be joining back if it were so. So it is in your best interest.

I'm fine either way.

And I do not see how you can make any profit?
That is what matters to you or not?

Or you can throw away money just like that on hdd space?

What am I missing?
Activity: 129
I must apologize, for making no posts for such a long time.
I know y'all missed me, but I've been busy with other projects. Sorry!

Now I'm back! And I can see that you guys decided to let me have 51% after all.
You see, mining costs are greater than the returns, so miners will keep quitting, as price keeps dropping.

Oh, and I'm thinking of adding another PB to my pool, just to be on the safe side.

Your sitting at roughly 25%, you don't have 51% yet.  What reason do you have to keep adding mining capacity?  You said so yourself that it is a negative return investment.

Miners are not going to increase or decrease the value of a blockchain.  Utility and future speculation is what will drive costs.  The "coin" is just a symbol, the blockchain technology is what is important here.  Seems to me that people are nervous about the lack of dev communication and utility improvements. Also I would assume that a good portion of BURST miners have moved their capacity into the STORJ network.

What motivation do you have to play the hostile miner card on a blockchain that is roughly one year old?
This is fuckin great! Look at the market! WTF is that. Keep holding to your bags till the bitter end. Right?

I didn't change my mind, I dumped everything back then.
Of course you mean, why not the end? Because I am getting close to 51% apparently, and I'm excited.

To boba and the other guy, you make it sound like getting 1 PB is an easy thing, that anyone could do it. I can assure you that it is not so. In fact if it were any easier I would have 10PB now. Right?

Well it's not as complicated as it is expensive. That's why people are backing out. Soon you will be stuck with me as the only miner, if mining profitability does not increase.

And from a reward and/or price increase I would only have 25% of the benefit, the rest of 75% will go to the other miners, as of now. Of course, if you don't want to pay them, they will leave and once I reach 51% I can double my reward on my own.

So you see, reward increase does not help me reach 51%, quite on the contrary, miners would be joining back if it were so. So it is in your best interest.

I'm fine either way.

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I'd be utterly surprised if he hasn't a botnet, pointed to his private pool. If that would be the case, the coin can't have a white-paper describing the acquisition and management of what he does in these areas. I'd suggest that you buy yourself a botnet and start working and try to be competitive.  Wink

For improved tools and code, sure that'd be nice to get, even if Burst improved greatly in this aspect.

However, as I keep nagging about, the leadership will need funding. In the roadmap, I'd like to see something that indicates how Burst can be represented at a few important conference each year, bring in paid expertise when needed and afford to do similar promotional efforts as other cryptos do.

Another important question is if this will be done to Burst, or if a devteam creates a new coin highly inspired by Burst but where curtain details differer. In someway I do feel a new start would be fair. And to be honest, Burst isn't a great name. If we could come up with a new name that pushes some of the key innovation in PoC, it'd worth considering.

It'd be nice to see stuff like these written down and discussed. Adding the more technical aspects to such a document, the result would be, after some editing, a white-paper (for Burst or the second PoC-coin).
Activity: 518
I too believe the reward structure should be modified to make it a proportional reward for every miner no matter when they got into the coin.

This is the basis of my 6 page proposal, along with suggestion of an actual person who could and would take over core development.

Roadmap, suggestions to increase BURSTs use, and a suggested structure for the core team.

Unfortunately there was not agreement on my proposal.

Not sure where to go from here. I might be willing to show my paper to the community, for feedback and mass group discussion. Thoughts?

I can remember that BinLaden proposed to use a reward depending on the difficulty. He was told that no coin does that, that this would be impossible. Your proposal is on the half way to his thought.

I would show your 3 hours work, just remove names, if that would be an obstacle to publish it.

Something has to be done, before the price goes further done!

there must be a change, but the first one should be, that another dev takes over.

Binladen talked so often that "his team" could takeover. until now, nothing happens.

and as far that binladen is not willing to share
a) his optimizer miner code
b) his way he found to mine with cloud and so much pb

he will be the only one that will profit from a proportional reward.

i´m not against this change, but atm binladen has a big advantage because of this knowledge and will increase this advantage with this change.

perhaps a white pager from him, how he do this, will help to bring orther big investors and new infrastructure services for cloud mining up.

but until he keep this knowledge for his own, i dont see any advantage of this change. but if he do, then i think this could be the turnaround.

Dev disapeared, so this change and a fork could be easy done, of bin releases this new version and the whitepaper.

So bin, tell us, why this all is wrong and that share your secrets will change nothing, exept loosing your advantage :-)

Having 51% or more of a network is totally against what decentralizing stands for in the crypto world, but if no one else is going to put PB's worth of data to mine, he will get the major share(like or not). To put it in perspective of the share he is getting, he is making more money than a college student working full-time at a minimum wage job at the current exchange rate of Burst on the market (if he is getting electricity and all the hdd space on the super low industrial prices).

I guess the main dev has personal issues he has to attend to, but he could have gave someone else the temporary control of core development (wallet updates, core code change, etc) and ability to start a new temporary ANN.

I'm just surprised no one has made a fork of Burst or hybrid it with others, ie. Siacoin would be nice or something similar.
Activity: 619
I too believe the reward structure should be modified to make it a proportional reward for every miner no matter when they got into the coin.

This is the basis of my 6 page proposal, along with suggestion of an actual person who could and would take over core development.

Roadmap, suggestions to increase BURSTs use, and a suggested structure for the core team.

Not sure where to go from here. I might be willing to show my paper to the community, for feedback and mass group discussion. Thoughts?

I can remember that BinLaden proposed to use a reward depending on the difficulty. He was told that no coin does that, that this would be impossible. Your proposal is on the half way to his thought.

I would show your 3 hours work, just remove names, if that would be an obstacle to publish it.

there must be a change, but the first one should be, that another dev takes over.

Binladen talked so often that "his team" could takeover. until now, nothing happens.

and as far that binladen is not willing to share
a) his optimizer miner code
b) his way he found to mine with cloud and so much pb

he will be the only one that will profit from a proportional reward.

i´m not against this change, but atm binladen has a big advantage because of this knowledge and will increase this advantage with this change.

perhaps a white pager from him, how he do this, will help to bring orther big investors and new infrastructure services for cloud mining up.

but until he keep this knowledge for his own, i dont see any advantage of this change. but if he do, then i think this could be the turnaround.

Dev disapeared, so this change and a fork could be easy done, of bin releases this new version and the whitepaper.

So bin, tell us, why this all is wrong and that share your secrets will change nothing, exept loosing your advantage :-)
Activity: 518

You see, mining costs are greater than the returns, so miners will keep quitting, as price keeps dropping.

Oh, and I'm thinking of adding another PB to my pool, just to be on the safe side.

How are you affording PB's worth of data space? Do you get a good deal on HDD's or are you using your job's /business servers?

Right now, it's isn't cost effective to buy more hdd's to mine Burst. But depending on the future of Burst, it could be a great investment.

I personally stopped mining Burst, as it was't very profitable (have to be able to break even with electricity at least) with only 25TB of data space to mine with. The cost of electricity was kind of even that it's better just to outright buy Burst instead of mining it. I've switch to gpu mining Ethereum or Shiftcoin, more profitable at the moment.

Activity: 539
Hi,

I'm plotting some new files using wplotgenerator during the creation the computer crashed and I get just the 60% of the plot, can I resize this plot in order to use it or I have to delete it and generate a new one ?

Thanks

The plot is probably fine. You can create a new one the size of 40% of your original, or you can just start the plotting again, it should pick up where it left off.

Is it possible calculate the amount of nonces of the created plot and rename it basing this value ?

Yes, the number of nonces is the filesize / 262,144 bytes. So you can calc it, and rename the file appropriately, or as Crow said, don't worry about it and just use a miner that doesn't care.

H.
Activity: 129

Only things that are impossible are the ones that aren't done yet.

So how low do you think it should get before things become needed?

IMO it has nothing to do with current price. Or not much anyway. It's about sustainable futures. Keeping miners with the vast amount of other alts.

Bitcoin'a model only worked because it was the first coin. In the days of thousands of alts, there needs to be a change in structure for sustainability long term, unless growth suddenly starts climbing by a whole lot, will the current 5% per month decrease be sustainable?

I'm just looking for discussion here, nothing more.

I disagree!
Because things have not been done yet, does by far not mean it is impossible!!! In the best case there are excuses why it is not done yet!

If the price goes lower, the coin does not HAVE a future. I urged now several pages to do something, from marketing to development. Within these talks the price gone down from 45 to 36. Do you want to lose all what you build up? The network size gone down also (currently 6 PB), means miners run away, because they think there is no future?

I really do not see where miners are going to run off to.  A little bit of math and common sense will show that any type of Scrypt or SHA POW mining  will cost significantly more in equipment and power consumption when compared to mining BURST.  I don't see any other block chain tech that is as robust or power efficient as BURST is. Maybe this goes out the window if someone has "free" power but I don't think that is the majority of crypto miners.

I understand that people have already invested in POW equipment but I would hope that eventually that equipment will be replaced with much more energy efficient and commonly available hard drives.

*note to self*... must make pretty eye candy to show the power consumption benefits.
Activity: 256

IMO it has nothing to do with current price. Or not much anyway. It's about sustainable futures. Keeping miners with the vast amount of other alts.

Bitcoin'a model only worked because it was the first coin. In the days of thousands of alts, there needs to be a change in structure for sustainability long term, unless growth suddenly starts climbing by a whole lot, will the current 5% per month decrease be sustainable?

I disagree!
Because things have not been done yet, does by far not mean it is impossible!!! In the best case there are excuses why it is not done yet!

If the price goes lower, the coin does not HAVE a future. I urged now several pages to do something, from marketing to development. Within these talks the price gone down from 45 to 36. Do you want to lose all what you build up? The network size gone down also (currently 6 PB), means miners run away, because they think there is no future?

i dont care about exchange prices.
the coin has set their reward structure over a year ago and i am fine with it.
in fact almost all assets are currently at a point in which making profit in burst is really tough.
all investors knew the risk as they have bought the assets.

i care more about missing services you only buy with burst.
since there are so many alts around and almost none of it offers interesting services to the masses what about picking up my idea for ssl certificates i described earlier.
could someone with deep knowledge about ssl certs take a look into this and say wether this is possible or not?
if it may work this may become something really huge for people outside the crypto scene.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Hi,

I'm plotting some new files using wplotgenerator during the creation the computer crashed and I get just the 60% of the plot, can I resize this plot in order to use it or I have to delete it and generate a new one ?

Thanks

The plot is probably fine. You can create a new one the size of 40% of your original, or you can just start the plotting again, it should pick up where it left off.

Is it possible calculate the amount of nonces of the created plot and rename it basing this value ?

Yes, you can rename it or use a miner that doesn't care about perfect size to name.
Activity: 456
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Hi,

Thanks

legendary
You really don't understand English well, do you?

You replied in ways that didn't make any sense at all based on what I said, FYI.
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
On Bittrex is a total buy order of 1.5 BTC, while a total sales order of 1107.5 BTC are booked.

I disagree!

Is still profitable mining burst? What quantity of TB now makes sensed starting a mining operation?

Not if ur buying hdd's to mine burst. Mining with free space that you just sort of have lying around, YES!!! Any amount of tb is fine on a pool.

0.54807 PetaByte asset is still cheap expensively available. Get it before the price lined up takes effect.

PetaByte is a mining asset. 1 PetaByte asset is equal to a mining power of 1 TB 300GB hard disk.

UNIQUE to all other assets is, that it is not important how long you owned the asset, but when you owned you get paid according to your asset shares. And I get paid twice what you do.
We all know that you cannot buy 0.03 TB hard disks, but you can buy 0.03 PetaByte assets, that is equal to a hard disk of 0.03 TB. 10GB

Fixed that for you.

H.

1984 methods, changing originals!???

I fixed the price of the asset to 450,000 - The low value of Bursts required that.
legendary

Jump to: