Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 21. (Read 2170605 times)

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
i notice pool.burstcoin.ro  give me very bad payout half what i should get
mining calculator says  60burst /day

i did couple day an burstneon got around 50 a day but notice pool had trouble lot of offline time, i switch

than i did 5 days on pool.burstcoin.ro   i only getting 51-52 each 2 days

i switch to  http://pool.poolofd32th.club/  and got 123 in 1 day  Roll Eyes
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
How is burst going handle the competition?
There are more decentralized exchanges where people can easy invest I  fiat,btc,eth.

Does burst have plans for the future to make getaways or something. Making bridges to the burstplatform

What are the competitors against burst?  storj and who else?

Technically, burst doesn't have direct competition.

Storj, Sia, and maid (can't remember exact name on that one) are targeting "rented storage" not pure "mining from the HD" and are more competition for each other, as I understand those coins.

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
burst is still dump, who so dump? I do not think it's an exit. Demand is immediately drowned coins Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Burst is pretty much constant at 0.6 US$-cent

That doesn't really mean its good from a trader's perspective. It also means that it would be much better to hold other cryptocurrencies that are gaining value in fiat, and possibly, also BTC.

But for non-Burst supporters, holding everything they have in BTC would be best for now.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
burst is still dump, who so dump? I do not think it's an exit. Demand is immediately drowned coins Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Burst is pretty much constant at 0.6 US$-cent
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
Does anyone know the history between the original developers, Burst Nation and the PoCC? I have been observing Burst on Poloniex and I am led to believe that there's a group out there that doesn't want Burst to pump.

Check the trading history and see that someone dumped Burst to BTC.00000069 a few minutes ago just to keep the price down.

I can tell you that the PoCC is in no way related to BurstNation.

There are also no personal intersections between PoCC and the original developers, although we (the PoCC) keep a friendly and constructive communication with them.

Whoever does whatever on the market is of no big concern for us now, because anyone going short on Burst will cry bitterly, we are buying (going long) and we always can say "told you so".

Burst development heartbeat: https://twitter.com/Burstcoin_dev/status/933497493341470720

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
Does anyone know the history between the original developers, Burst Nation and the PoCC? I have been observing Burst on Poloniex and I am led to believe that there's a group out there that doesn't want Burst to pump.

Check the trading history and see that someone dumped Burst to BTC.00000069 a few minutes ago just to keep the price down.
legendary
Exchanges?

polo and bittrex

it s one page 1, even if the display is bad you can click on it
Activity: 332
Merit: 273

We would like to announce that Luckygames starts accepting BURST
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
legendary
how comes that 2 wallet have more than 50% off all coins?
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I have 100TB with cpu optimized HDD but profit is very bad vs GPU mining. Because I paid at least 2 rigs money for HDD mining but I did not get earn Sad

100 tb is  a lot.  how much did you make with 100 tb?

I earned approximately 100$ in 2 months
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Wouldn't HDD mining destroy the HDD in a matter of days, which would make returns from this kind of investment minimal? I don't even know what this would do to SSDs.

Wear on the drive is fairly minimal - your "days" estimate is crazy talk.
 It would have NO effect on SSDs, flash memory only is damaged by WRITES not reads.

SSDs aren't a good choice due to their much higher cost per TB vs conventional hard drives - and that is unlikely to change for the forseeable future, though flash HAS narrowed that cap quite a bit over the past decade.

The only reason I do anything with BURST any more is that the cost of a 3TB drive isn't much more than the cost of "whatever is cheapest" in a machine that needs some sort of drive anyway (trying to run BOINC projects or FAH on a USB "pen" drive is a slow nightmare).

Hard drives are DESIGNED to spin 24/7 - current "power saving" setups actually hurt longevity of the drive due to the starts and stops being FAR more stress inducing than just letting them spin.
 The amount of seeks for BURST aren't high, especially compared to doing stuff that DOES hammer a drive like "big file server for a company" usage.

legendary
Wouldn't HDD mining destroy the HDD in a matter of days, which would make returns from this kind of investment minimal? I don't even know what this would do to SSDs.

I think mining with an ssd isn't profitable but with mining with an HDD I have the same question in my mind. How long can an HDD live when it's 24/7 working?

while burst mining for over a year the only drive i have killed was 15+ years old and already had bad sectors.

the amount of wear on a drive from reading 1/4096 of plotted space about every 4 minutes is minimal, optimized plots minimize drive seeks (moving the heads) which helps. destroying drives is best done by thrashing them with a lot of writes, reads and seeks (using them for swap space in a machine with little ram is great for this).

as far as ssds, well rewards are based mostly on plotted size and read time has little affect. so the cost for space being higher for ssds makes them less "profitable" than hard drives.

that being said, given the current network difficulty the roi on buying drives is very long. napkin maths cheap drives being around $20/tb, estimated mining output being 100 burst per month, and at current price easily over 2 years. sure price goes up but so does difficulty.

to me at this moment unless you have spare drives plus a machine already running 24/7, it looks like a better bet to just buy burst off the market instead of spending the next 2 years hoping to mine it. though i suppose resale value of drives would be some hedge on decrease but on increase the resale value doesn't increase.

not trying to shill, i just think sinking money into burst mining right now doesn't make sense.

i agree ,
how long can an HDD live when it's 24/7 working?
where did you see the drive is working 24/24?

running a drive 24/24  it won't die because of that, it s gonna have other problem before it dies of spinning 24/24

otherwise i agree you can't make money  with buying a hard driver for this , even if price was double still need more than 2 years to pay back my 6tb (here in Belgium drives are more expensive, there are taxe on it)  30€ per tera

i hope digibyte will add brust mining as algo
this would be great
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

I think mining with an ssd isn't profitable but with mining with an HDD I have the same question in my mind. How long can an HDD live when it's 24/7 working?

while burst mining for over a year the only drive i have killed was 15+ years old and already had bad sectors.

the amount of wear on a drive from reading 1/4096 of plotted space about every 4 minutes is minimal, optimized plots minimize drive seeks (moving the heads) which helps. destroying drives is best done by thrashing them with a lot of writes, reads and seeks (using them for swap space in a machine with little ram is great for this).

as far as ssds, well rewards are based mostly on plotted size and read time has little affect. so the cost for space being higher for ssds makes them less "profitable" than hard drives.

that being said, given the current network difficulty the roi on buying drives is very long. napkin maths cheap drives being around $20/tb, estimated mining output being 100 burst per month, and at current price easily over 2 years. sure price goes up but so does difficulty.

to me at this moment unless you have spare drives plus a machine already running 24/7, it looks like a better bet to just buy burst off the market instead of spending the next 2 years hoping to mine it. though i suppose resale value of drives would be some hedge on decrease but on increase the resale value doesn't increase.

not trying to shill, i just think sinking money into burst mining right now doesn't make sense.
Activity: 504
Merit: 109
How is burst going handle the competition?
There are more decentralized exchanges where people can easy invest I  fiat,btc,eth.

Does burst have plans for the future to make getaways or something. Making bridges to the burstplatform

What are the competitors against burst?  storj and who else?
Activity: 504
Merit: 109
I have 100TB with cpu optimized HDD but profit is very bad vs GPU mining. Because I paid at least 2 rigs money for HDD mining but I did not get earn Sad

100 tb is  a lot.  how much did you make with 100 tb?
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1235
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

Pages:
Jump to: