Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 247. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
What happens with pool cryptominig.farm?

EDIT: I was too fast, pool frontend was stucked some time, but now looks normal.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
ayyy 20 peta network capacity .... mining and buying not selling capacity is growing... not shrinking growing!

people must have added hard drives over the weekend like crazy
and back to 10 Pb atm.

is there a graph to show block generation of a specific address over hours of the day?  id like to research if anyone is mining burst in specific time frames for example.   maybe someone runs it only during their shift at work/school/lab etc.. etc...  not saying it's good/bad, problem or not, just simply curious about seeing time based distributions
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
Please continue dear @CIYAM + team  Cool I made 1 million mistakes got up and continued, such is life  Cool

what a wave just have occurred from 20 peta down to 10 , it happens often
I'm not real

SSD FROM SAMSUNG HAVE ZERO ERROR FILES

Several models of SSDs from Samsung contends, technological startup Algol misinterpreted TRIM commands to release the disk blocks and other blocks clears the error.

Read more
http://burstcoin.sk/ssd-from-samsung-have-zero-error-files/
is it translated from another language?  it reads horrible.
I'm not real
Yes I made a stupid mistake (was drunk and got pissed off by an idiot troll).

It was very unfortunate that the mods seriously thought I was ever going to try and do anything wrong with the forum's money and it is a pity that the 200 BTC (yes I was holding that much for the forum) I had held previously has been "removed from the record" (no now it looks as though I only was looking after 50 BTC - but I can prove that is not correct with a GPG signed message from @theymos if required).

Why my "stupid stunt" affects the AT software I don't quite get (and in fact I only wrote the C++ version anyway).

If you guys think that the name CIYAM is such an issue now then feel free to fork and rename as it is open source.

Personally I have been rather disappointed that 4 years of good work that I have done is just "thrown out the window" because of one "stupid mistake" I made whilst drunk but I guess that is the problem of "social media" (it only cares about "drama").

you realize that in the big picture, the opinion/concern of a few unknown posters bashing you on this forum means absolutely nothing in the long run?  there's a big world out there, so do what you do and ignore people who trip over themselves to crucify someone for anything to get some kind of satisfaction because they can't get anything achieved in the real world and must get their psychological satisfaction on an online forum.
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

It was very unfortunate that the mods seriously thought I was ever going to try and do anything wrong with the forum's money and it is a pity that the 200 BTC (yes I was holding that much for the forum) I had held previously has been "removed from the record" (no now it looks as though I only was looking after 50 BTC - but I can prove that is not correct with a GPG signed message from @theymos if required).

Why my "stupid stunt" affects the AT software I don't quite get (and in fact I only wrote the C++ version anyway).

If you guys think that the name CIYAM is such an issue now then feel free to fork and rename as it is open source.

Personally I have been rather disappointed that 4 years of good work that I have done is just "thrown out the window" because of one "stupid mistake" I made whilst drunk but I guess that is the problem of "social media" (it only cares about "drama").

Everybody makes mistakes and can fix it. I think that CIYAM is the most respected person on this forum. I admire his work and hope he and his team will continue.

I do expect that his reputation will be up again soon.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
ayyy 20 peta network capacity .... mining and buying not selling capacity is growing... not shrinking growing!

people must have added hard drives over the weekend like crazy
Activity: 527
Well no pump yet .....

Considering your past posts this made me laugh Smiley

---
Why u getting so up tight turnoff?

Uptight...? Hmm. Perhaps. I just review the last week's events regarding CIYAM, and to me (as a former investor in Burst) it's highly worrisome.

Why...? CIYAM gave Burst credibility, he was perhaps one of the three most trusted members of the whole forum and he/vbcs chose BURST to implement AT on. That's a big deal.

Now he does this. I can understand he getting frustrated but dealing with it the way he did, he deserves the criticism. One can only speculate in why he did it, but it is obvious he has personal problems and should not (for now, at least) be trusted. He seems very labile, whatever causing that.

For the time being, I'd not do business with CIYAM Developers. Likewise, I'm afraid devs around the forums will do the same evaluation and not implement AT whether how great it is.

As a the brilliant person he is, I wish, hope, and thing he can recuperate from this, but it will take time - and that the CIYAM Developers survive meanwhile.  

Burst just has his code, it's all open source. Full stop, there is no more worry about him. The ui and stuff is a vbcs thig as well, i really don't think that u should run away from open source software.

Who is going to implement AT (and ACCT) by "CIYAM Developers", given that the forum's admin calls his action "very unprofessional"...? Who would chose AT when the main developer has trust comments as "Trying to extort 50 BTC from the forum by demanding that posts be deleted that offended him and claiming he is unable to access the funds until they are deleted."?

The risk is AT will be implemented in just two coins, and if that would be the case it's utterly unuseful for the so important ACCT feature and the fantastic possibility of a decentralized exchange.

For a short moment it did crossed my mind that CIYAM ought to economically compensate the two coins with ACCT if this would happened, but I came to the conclusion that he can't be liable for anything given his, at least, semi-pathological lability.

Therefore I've sold, waiting for what will happen.

Technically he already had 50 BTC so he did not have to extort them - I'd characterize that as more of a blackmail EDIT: I really should stop dwelling on semantics, his actions were still very wrong as he has admitted himself.

I do feel morally obliged to point out that if you were in Ian's shoes you'd react to posts about your wife the same. Well, perhaps not the same but I bet you'd react pretty harsh.

EDIT: So for some more offtopic, our twitter is approaching 1k followers. So, if you still haven't go and click that follow button Smiley
Activity: 494
Activity: 588
Who is going to implement AT (and ACCT) by "CIYAM Developers", given that the forum's admin calls his action "very unprofessional"...? Who would chose AT when the main developer has trust comments as "Trying to extort 50 BTC from the forum by demanding that posts be deleted that offended him and claiming he is unable to access the funds until they are deleted."?

The risk is AT will be implemented in just two coins, and if that would be the case it's utterly unuseful for the so important ACCT feature and the fantastic possibility of a decentralized exchange.

For a short moment it did crossed my mind that CIYAM ought to economically compensate the two coins with ACCT if this would happened, but I came to the conclusion that he can't be liable for anything given his, at least, semi-pathological lability.

That's fine. You probably sold for a loss, and hopefully u have fun trying to buy back in when the price is massive
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
For Sell
---

Uptight...? Hmm. Perhaps. I just review the last week's events regarding CIYAM, and to me (as a former investor in Burst) it's highly worrisome.

Why...? CIYAM gave Burst credibility, he was perhaps one of the three most trusted members of the whole forum and he/vbcs chose BURST to implement AT on. That's a big deal.

Now he does this. I can understand he getting frustrated but dealing with it the way he did, he deserves the criticism. One can only speculate in why he did it, but it is obvious he has personal problems and should not (for now, at least) be trusted. He seems very labile, whatever causing that.

For the time being, I'd not do business with CIYAM Developers. Likewise, I'm afraid devs around the forums will do the same evaluation and not implement AT whether how great it is.

As a the brilliant person he is, I wish, hope, and thing he can recuperate from this, but it will take time - and that the CIYAM Developers survive meanwhile.  

Burst just has his code, it's all open source. Full stop, there is no more worry about him. The ui and stuff is a vbcs thig as well, i really don't think that u should run away from open source software.

---

For Sell
---

For Sell
---
Should a whitepaper be focused just on Proof of Capacity?  Then a separate white paper for our smart contracts implementation?

A white paper should have been written before launch (and I guess that's one of the things BurstDev would have done differently if doing it all over again...?).

A quality white paper, reviewed by knowledgeable members of the BTC community, would have given a whole different platform than we have today. I highly doubt we'd have +1000 pages in this thread with a white paper in the OP.

Practically, why not analyze which chapters are required to present both PoC and BURST in a suitable way?

PoC will of course be the first and most important chapter, located directly after an abstract/introduction. But to be able to evaluate the implementation of PoC - Burst as a coin and not just PoC as an algorithm - imho, key features of the coin needs to be addressed. However, not at the same length and detail as the PoC chapters.

Further, while chapter 1 (PoC) is completed and reviewed, work can be done on the on these supplementing sections.

Perhaps it is possible to co-write by delegation, when you have an idea of what to include, to speed up the process.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086875.0;all

Trust going down the drain too...  Sad

Allegedly lost control of forum funds entrusted to him by theymos, which he then used it as leverage to censor other users. Likely just an extortion attempt. If not, he still lost control of funds entrusted to him and that alone is caution worthy.

Etcetera.

ROFL that's hilarious, go CIYAM lol. Silly thing to do but...why would that stop anyone from implementing the AT's?

For Sell
Has anyone info if another coin is intrested in integrating cyam technology?

I've no clue, but I do know CYIAM recently did a really stupid thing, more or less blackmailing the forum. As a consequence, he had to payback the BTC he up till that time held for the forum due to his great reputation. However, he's reputation must have gone down the hill, fast, after this, and I'd be surprised if it did not effects his business.

After reading about that, I don't own any Burst but is waiting for the market response to that and the future development, including funding. Edit

What?  Could you please elaborate or show us posts or something?

Keep in mind thought that it is largely vbecas and burstdev who implemented smart contracts.  CIYAM wrote them initially in C++ but he's barely touched the Burst implementation as far as I know.

Personally though, I think CIYAM is a great asset, and I'm not trying to distance ourselves.. just want to hear details for what you are saying and saying that even if it's true.. smart contracts will go on.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086875.0;all

Trust going down the drain too...  Sad

Allegedly lost control of forum funds entrusted to him by theymos, which he then used it as leverage to censor other users. Likely just an extortion attempt. If not, he still lost control of funds entrusted to him and that alone is caution worthy.

Etcetera.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
You people still trying to make something out of this crap coin?  Give it up.
Merit: 503
Has anyone info if another coin is intrested in integrating cyam technology?

I've no clue, but I do know CYIAM recently did a really stupid thing, more or less blackmailing the forum. As a consequence, he had to payback the BTC he up till that time held for the forum due to his great reputation. However, he's reputation must have gone down the hill, fast, after this, and I'd be surprised if it did not effects his business.

After reading about that, I don't own any Burst but is waiting for the market response to that and the future development, including funding. Edit

What?  Could you please elaborate or show us posts or something?

Keep in mind thought that it is largely vbecas and burstdev who implemented smart contracts.  CIYAM wrote them initially in C++ but he's barely touched the Burst implementation as far as I know.

Personally though, I think CIYAM is a great asset, and I'm not trying to distance ourselves.. just want to hear details for what you are saying and saying that even if it's true.. smart contracts will go on.
Merit: 503
Here's my take on how to make this coin more attractive.

1) No need to change the name.  The only problem with "burst" is that it's a commonly used word. Using "burstcoin" instead of "burst" makes every mention searchable and discoverable. 

2) This coin needs a white paper. A prestigious, high quality, peer-reviewed white paper, focusing on Proof of Capacity and on Smart Contracts. The blog posts by Mczarnek are a good starting point, but polishing and review is required. Hint: Lisa Cheng is an expert in white papers and has been involved in the production of white papers for some other cryptocurrency projects. Another hint: google "Eight Rules for Creating Great White Papers".

3) Don't change the underlying parameters of this coin. Yes, the low price of the coin may be caused by miners who are dumping their coins. But this should be countered by attracting new buyers through the publication of a highbrow white paper.  Changing parameters or changing the name is an admission of failure, which is unnecessary with this coin.

Appreciate the thoughts laurelled.

I will look into Lisa Chang.. perhaps we can pay her for some help crafting a better paper.  Step number 7 of "Eight Rules for Creating Great White Papers":  Have a writer write it..  maybe we could could at least get someone to help us organize the flow.

Should a whitepaper be focused just on Proof of Capacity?  Then a separate white paper for our smart contracts implementation?
Jump to: