Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 249. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250
For Sell
BURST launches http://burstcoin.cn in order to familiarize our chinese friends with the currency.

To celebrate the launch, boost interest and as a token of good will our dear members are holding a BURST giveaway at:
http://8btc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19826&page=1&extra=#pid156504

I'd like to extend personal thanks to people who worked to do this launch!

Great work!  Smiley Smiley Is it the Great Firewall of China that makes me unable to connect to the website?
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
BURST launches http://burstcoin.cn in order to familiarize our chinese friends with the currency.

To celebrate the launch, boost interest and as a token of good will our dear members are holding a BURST giveaway at:
http://8btc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19826&page=1&extra=#pid156504

I'd like to extend personal thanks to people who worked to do this launch!
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Hello,

this is Karl Perkin. I have just started the undervaluation campaigns on Burst on my Twitter, and just broke 100 followers, and quite fast. it feels encouraging. More to come on the topic later today. Please retweet Smiley

Warm regards,
Karl

What's your Twitter? Post it !  Wink
Activity: 397
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello,

this is Karl Perkin. I have just started the undervaluation campaigns on Burst on my Twitter, and just broke 100 followers, and quite fast. it feels encouraging. More to come on the topic later today. Please retweet Smiley

Warm regards,
Karl
For Sell

First thing I read on that forum. I can see why mmmaybe is missed...

I'll of course contribute to various internal CFs but I still believe external funding is needed long-term (traditional CF or VC). By internal CFs we'll 'just' move money around, and with a marketcap of $150K, it simply are small amounts moving. However, nothing excludes the other and I'll contribute to the internal ones.
Activity: 256
So how exactly would you do a 51% attack on burstcoin, given that it is coded from the ground up totally independent of the bitcoin code. There are some things that are different enough that the 51% attack needs to be quite a bit different. Do a walkthrough with 10 nodes for instance..

Let us know that you have the technical knowhow, and is not just trolling, trying to scare people into selling their burst before you pump and dump it.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. It's actually easier to do it with burst, since you get the benefit of knowing the deadline.
But why would I have explain myself to you? I have 17% of the mining power. Need I say more?

So because you allegedly have 17% of the mining power, you know the technology well enough to force a fork?  That was a silly argument.

Prove you know how to fork the coin.

If there is a way to fork with 51% plotted space (i doubt it) , we might be able to improve and take measures to make the coin even safer.

One of your problems is that your plots are easily identifiable as they are plotted to your address. If the majority (in numbers) of users figure you are trying to cheat, they will start using a wallet that igores blocks generated by your plot address.  Then you'll have to re-plot your 17%.. that's expensive in time and electricity.

You have other problems, but the above is a serious one.

the idea to forbid to relay certain generators would be the base to create a fork of the coin since not everyone would run such a hacked version of the wallet.
if you would totally forbid coins generated by blacklisted addresses you would directly freeze your wallet at the block this happens.
set the fact your announcement of blockdata does not get relayed to most of the miners the chain with more blocks finally wins. the interesting part would be to see what happens on exchanges if you deposit and sell coins if they are on the fork.
the way this attack could work would be to bring as many people on fork while keep mining on the mainchain at really low diff.

-"convince" many wallets to not relay block announcements for blacklisted addresses
-start to mine for these wallets with not blacklisted addresses until more wallets switch over
-continue to mine with the blacklisted miners on the regular chain ensuring a constant block generation rate without making it currently longer than the fork
-after you mined long enough at 80-90% network capacity with low diff make this chain the longer one again by removing your submission limits
-hope everything worked like expected

i think in theory this may work but i am not sure wether this would be a wise economic decision since you would need more capacity compared to simply keep mining.

Activity: 286
So how exactly would you do a 51% attack on burstcoin, given that it is coded from the ground up totally independent of the bitcoin code. There are some things that are different enough that the 51% attack needs to be quite a bit different. Do a walkthrough with 10 nodes for instance..

Let us know that you have the technical knowhow, and is not just trolling, trying to scare people into selling their burst before you pump and dump it.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. It's actually easier to do it with burst, since you get the benefit of knowing the deadline.
But why would I have explain myself to you? I have 17% of the mining power. Need I say more?

So because you allegedly have 17% of the mining power, you know the technology well enough to force a fork?  That was a silly argument.

Prove you know how to fork the coin.

If there is a way to fork with 51% plotted space (i doubt it) , we might be able to improve and take measures to make the coin even safer.

One of your problems is that your plots are easily identifiable as they are plotted to your address. If the majority (in numbers) of users figure you are trying to cheat, they will start using a wallet that igores blocks generated by your plot address.  Then you'll have to re-plot your 17%.. that's expensive in time and electricity.

You have other problems, but the above is a serious one.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

A lot of us will donate to many of these CFs that will be started, LETS MAKE USE OF BURSTS TECHNOLOGY!!!!
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
Activity: 241
Count me in for a donation
Activity: 322
I think it would be nice if you would do the crowdfunding, since you put in already 10%. If you get it funded, then you can decide if you want to program by yourself or supervise it.

Here you can read about how to set it up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/

You know what? I think I'll actually do this.
I'll start one for the mixer.

And what's the Dev's address, so I can start another one for Dev?
It's in his sig.....BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9

Also, please don't make it so that if it is successfully funded it goes to your account, i think a lot of people would just plain not be happy to donate to that. Rather make it also to send funds to dev, or some other trusted member(mczarnek, corwetic or xizmax) perhaps?

I'll just use dev's account.
also I want to start a CF for AT team, please give me an address for that.

And I will start on my address CF for mixer.
CF for mixer will be in a few stages.  First stage will be for 3M burst, it goes to my address, and I will award it to the first one that comes up with some code for the mixer, after I review it.
It will not require need a complete mixer implementation, just an outline of the idea and some code towards implementing it.
Then we move to stage 2,3... etc as more code gets written, until it's completed.
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
i think that some guys are here wasting his time instead of doing something good for this GREAT alt coin.

all of us want the same, why not to discuss about it instead of attack others members and/or this coin?

None of the PoC2 attempts have worked out well in practice unfortunately. Plotting ends up being horribly slow(much worse than PoC1) and large gains can be had by shaving bits off and brute forcing them with gpus. PoC2 is now on hold until a better solution is found.

thats the worst news i had read, i have lot of expectations about it, i was thinking that you will release very very soon, but now...
Activity: 588
I think it would be nice if you would do the crowdfunding, since you put in already 10%. If you get it funded, then you can decide if you want to program by yourself or supervise it.

Here you can read about how to set it up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/

It's in his sig.....BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9

Also, please don't make it so that if it is successfully funded it goes to your account, i think a lot of people would just plain not be happy to donate to that. Rather make it also to send funds to dev, or some other trusted member(mczarnek, corwetic or xizmax) perhaps?

Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
IMO Changing coin circulation is a bad idea. That's all I have to say on that. Bitladen is obviously NOT an idiot, he's a pretty darn clever person. I disagree with him on a lit of things, but there is one thing I do agree with him on, and that's bounties for development, and the bag holders. Seriously, BurstDev has put in hundreds of hours, and all you miners give him nothing, apart from crap when he's a little silent. Now why not rather support BurstDev, and perhaps other devs(if bitladen wrote us some code and burstdev reviewed it and we paid him a fair price, well, why not?).

Why don't you guys start some crowdfundings.

Say, let's give BurstDev and the other people who developed this some 100 million burst for all their work.  
I think that would be fair.

Launch other crowdfunds too, like the one for mixer that I suggested.
Or other interesting things.

Since I hold about 16M (or something like that) I will contribute with 1.8% to any of these crowdfundings.

Why do these people baghold on their burst. They can't possibly ever sell even half of it at the kind of volume this coin has. Why not give to developers? And for that matter, why not give more to miners.
In either case, I like the idea.
Just don't bag hold. At least fuckin pump. Or at least dump!! Alright. If everybody just sits on their coins waiting to become millionaires in the future, guess what: It's not happening!   You have to either pump (i.e. put buy orders) or spend your coin somehow: either donate, increase rewards or just dump.

I think what I'm saying is pretty much proven, I keep saying this since I first shown up in here, and the market has only proven me right all this time

So if anybody knows how to use crowdfundings, please make a tutorial somewhere and launch some as well. Burst has this feature, let's use it.

For Sell
I believe the coin needs external funding for devs and PR. As I've suggested, create a business plan and do a traditional CF based on that.

Or use the business plan to approach venture capital and start-up supporters. I can help to create a contact list of VCs, but the dev-team need to write the business plan/roadmap.

For internal funding targets, presentations of Burst on conferences are also important.

So, I got 17% here, we need 33% more.

Anyone who's not with me is against me. If the 51% is formed, all the others will be orphaned by us. More money for us.

But then again, why would a miner be against me? Maybe because he's also a bagholder. Fuck bagholders. They killed this coin

I'll just state right now that I'm 100% against you.

Bitladen is a Greedy Bastard, plain and simple!

He has some how manage to amass a fairly large amount of hardware but he doesn't give a shit about the coin or the project. He has dumped everything he has ever mined, check his wallet balances. It's all on the exchanges.

No person in their right mind should partner with this guy. He's trying to screw all of us even though we're all miners just like him.
Do not partner with this guy, if he is openly willing to screw us he will do the same to you.

I will personally be investing in more hardware to ensure he cannot take over.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON.
I have indeed transferred the burst to exchanges, but this does not prove that I have dumped it.

If all of you idiots who actually think I dumped it all are going to publicly admit here on this forum that you are  complete  fuckin imbeciles, just post, here, I will publish my address and prove that it's mine.

BUT after that, all of you have to make a nice post, explaining how retared you really are. We need to make that point.
It's like why am I even talking to you? You are complete retards, you don't deserve my time.
I agree completely.  While I'm not in love with the reward system, changing it any way would completely cheat every person who's invested in this coin.  You might as well just create a new coin if you're going to change the reward system after this long.

Unless they agree! Why wouldn't they agree. Burst is going to hell right now. I want to talk some sense into these people. Where are they? Please, if you are a bagholder, post on this thread.

If they don't even bother to talk to us, it kinda means they are ok with whatever we decide.

And why are you so concerned about others? Do you hold burst or not?
IMO Changing coin circulation is a bad idea. That's all I have to say on that. Bitladen is obviously NOT an idiot, he's a pretty darn clever person. I disagree with him on a lit of things, but there is one thing I do agree with him on, and that's bounties for development, and the bag holders. Seriously, BurstDev has put in hundreds of hours, and all you miners give him nothing, apart from crap when he's a little silent. Now why not rather support BurstDev, and perhaps other devs(if bitladen wrote us some code and burstdev reviewed it and we paid him a fair price, well, why not?).

Why don't you guys start some crowdfundings.

Say, let's give BurstDev and the other people who developed this some 100 million burst for all their work.  
I think that would be fair.

Launch other crowdfunds too, like the one for mixer that I suggested.
Or other interesting things.

Since I hold about 16M (or something like that) I will contribute with 1.8% to any of these crowdfundings.

Why do these people baghold on their burst. They can't possibly ever sell even half of it at the kind of volume this coin has. Why not give to developers? And for that matter, why not give more to miners.
In either case, I like the idea.
Just don't bag hold. At least fuckin pump. Or at least dump!! Alright. If everybody just sits on their coins waiting to become millionaires in the future, guess what: It's not happening!   You have to either pump (i.e. put buy orders) or spend your coin somehow: either donate, increase rewards or just dump.

I think what I'm saying is pretty much proven, I keep saying this since I first shown up in here, and the market has only proven me right all this time

So if anybody knows how to use crowdfundings, please make a tutorial somewhere and launch some as well. Burst has this feature, let's use it.

Jump to: