Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 248. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250
For Sell
Has anyone info if another coin is intrested in integrating cyam technology?

I've no clue, but I do know CYIAM recently did a really stupid thing, more or less blackmailing the forum. As a consequence, he had to payback the BTC he up till that time held for the forum due to his great reputation. However, he's reputation must have gone down the hill, fast, after this, and I'd be surprised if it did not effects his business.

After reading about that, I don't own any Burst but is waiting for the market response to that and the future development, including funding. Edit
For Sell
Here's my take on how to make this coin more attractive.

1) No need to change the name.  The only problem with "burst" is that it's a commonly used word. Using "burstcoin" instead of "burst" makes every mention searchable and discoverable. 

2) This coin needs a white paper. A prestigious, high quality, peer-reviewed white paper, focusing on Proof of Capacity and on Smart Contracts. The blog posts by Mczarnek are a good starting point, but polishing and review is required. Hint: Lisa Cheng is an expert in white papers and has been involved in the production of white papers for some other cryptocurrency projects. Another hint: google "Eight Rules for Creating Great White Papers".

3) Don't change the underlying parameters of this coin. Yes, the low price of the coin may be caused by miners who are dumping their coins. But this should be countered by attracting new buyers through the publication of a highbrow white paper.  Changing parameters or changing the name is an admission of failure, which is unnecessary with this coin.

1st prize for the best first post goes to...... laurelled!!

Excellent, just excellent Smiley
For Sell
if computer can be called APPLE i dont see any problem to call a coin BURST

if you compare it like that it takes at least 20 years before burst skyrockets  Roll Eyes

i just dont believe that name change could make it skyrocket, if it do we can change the name every week until burst reach apple marketcap  Smiley

If name change, something with 'storage' (if this feuture is implemented) or something with 'eco' (to push the eco-friendliness in relation to POW).

Both would require funds for PR.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
Has anyone info if another coin is intrested in integrating cyam technology?
Activity: 619
Hi,

People acquire a currency based on its utility, when I go to Spain I have to exchange my British Pounds for Euros so that I
can spend them in the local stores buying various goods and services. Take note:- I have to acquire euros to access the
products & services of the serviced zone.

Right now people have no reason to swap either fiat or other crypto currencys for burst. Only the other way around.
This is simply because burst does not have any very much economical use and as I said before we need something really
good that people can spend their burst on.

What product or service can we build that requires payment in burst?

Share you ideas, I'll even spend great deal of my burstcoin funding such a good idea.

We need to encourage people to acquire burst so that they can then access a useful product or service.

Bitcoins are the only crypto that you can widely use....
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Here's my take on how to make this coin more attractive.

1) No need to change the name.  The only problem with "burst" is that it's a commonly used word. Using "burstcoin" instead of "burst" makes every mention searchable and discoverable. 

2) This coin needs a white paper. A prestigious, high quality, peer-reviewed white paper, focusing on Proof of Capacity and on Smart Contracts. The blog posts by Mczarnek are a good starting point, but polishing and review is required. Hint: Lisa Cheng is an expert in white papers and has been involved in the production of white papers for some other cryptocurrency projects. Another hint: google "Eight Rules for Creating Great White Papers".

3) Don't change the underlying parameters of this coin. Yes, the low price of the coin may be caused by miners who are dumping their coins. But this should be countered by attracting new buyers through the publication of a highbrow white paper.  Changing parameters or changing the name is an admission of failure, which is unnecessary with this coin.

Activity: 275
Hi,

People acquire a currency based on its utility, when I go to Spain I have to exchange my British Pounds for Euros so that I
can spend them in the local stores buying various goods and services. Take note:- I have to acquire euros to access the
products & services of the serviced zone.

Right now people have no reason to swap either fiat or other crypto currencys for burst. Only the other way around.
This is simply because burst does not have any very much economical use and as I said before we need something really
good that people can spend their burst on.

What product or service can we build that requires payment in burst?

Share you ideas, I'll even spend great deal of my burstcoin funding such a good idea.

We need to encourage people to acquire burst so that they can then access a useful product or service.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
So bitladen got me thinking about block rewards.

It might not be a good idea to touch them at all but what if we simply stretched out the block rewards, so basically we half them but they are printed in a way to get to a similar final supply.  We are currently printing about 2,1000,000 Burst per day ~ $300, which coincidentally is a large part of the daily volume of Burst.  So if we were to cut it back, then miners would stop dumping as much, the price of Burst in general would go up.. and they would still be making more than half as much but have a longer period of time during which it is profitable to mine and inflation goes down so investors should be more willing to jump on board.

Agreed?

Ahem - no.

There are 888 Million coins out here today, much of it parked in exchanges - and the daily traded volume is a few hundred dollars.
There is no demand. I have seen no arguments explaining why THAT would change if we alter the daily supply.
Activity: 588
if you compare it like that it takes at least 20 years before burst skyrockets  Roll Eyes
If burst get's an image like apple then no problem. Oops, not possible, Burst doesn't hate it's dev. But still, if having burst becomes like having an iphone, sweet as!!!

Oh, and apple is a gay name for a computer, so don't compare it like that ;P
Activity: 561

i just dont believe that name change could make it skyrocket, if it do we can change the name every week until burst reach apple marketcap  Smiley
Activity: 256

if you compare it like that it takes at least 20 years before burst skyrockets  Roll Eyes
I think a name change is in order still. It had some support a few pages back. What do you all think?

I like these names:
Drive
Space

Leaning toward space... "How much space do you have?"
"I have 12 space coins"
Much more to the moon, and the name actually reflects the product because it requires hard drive space.

I love the name burst, the only issue with it that i have is the fact that it starts with a B...like bitcoin.

TBH i don't like either of those names.....not for an actual unit of currency. Also, at the end of the day, a name change is just an excuse for a pump...

i like burst name as well ,no need to change it .  i think most of community will not support any name change doesnt matter if its drive ,space  or spice girls
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

It might not be a good idea to touch them at all but what if we simply stretched out the block rewards, so basically we half them but they are printed in a way to get to a similar final supply.  We are currently printing about 2,1000,000 Burst per day ~ $300, which coincidentally is a large part of the daily volume of Burst.  So if we were to cut it back, then miners would stop dumping as much, the price of Burst in general would go up.. and they would still be making more than half as much but have a longer period of time during which it is profitable to mine and inflation goes down so investors should be more willing to jump on board.

Agreed?

Miners stop mining - coin dies.

Whoops!! Mistyped that.. I don't think miners would stop mining.. I meant stop dumping as much.  Corrected in the versions I could change.

I mean let's face it, they have the equipment set-up already, it's quite cheap to mine, and there still is the same amount of money to be made in the long run.. and given that investors would see the price increase that would almost be bound to occur short term.. they'd probably rush in, we'd see a bubble and network strenthen would actually increase.

Theoretically anyway.
Activity: 539

It might not be a good idea to touch them at all but what if we simply stretched out the block rewards, so basically we half them but they are printed in a way to get to a similar final supply.  We are currently printing about 2,1000,000 Burst per day ~ $300, which coincidentally is a large part of the daily volume of Burst.  So if we were to cut it back, then miners would stop mining, the price of Burst in general would go up.. and they would still be making more than half as much but have a longer period of time during which it is profitable to mine and inflation goes down so investors should be more willing to jump on board.

Agreed?

Miners stop mining - coin dies.

It might not be a good idea to touch them at all but what if we simply stretched out the block rewards, so basically we half them but they are printed in a way to get to a similar final supply.  We are currently printing about 2,1000,000 Burst per day ~ $300, which coincidentally is a large part of the daily volume of Burst.  So if we were to cut it back, then miners would stop dumping as much, the price of Burst in general would go up.. and they would still be making more than half as much but have a longer period of time during which it is profitable to mine and inflation goes down so investors should be more willing to jump on board.

Agreed?
What is new and happening with Burst in the future anyone care to give me an update?

---
The next update or 2 will be some long overdue extra account security features. There will be the ability to authorize another account to spend from an account with spending limits(amount / time)(allow access to your funds while keeping the account its in cold stored or other ), and accounts will be able to be set up for multisig. The authorized spending backend stuff is all done and has been tested successfully on a testnet, but has no user interface yet. Multisig is still in progress. I haven't decided whether those will be released separate or grouped together.
Afterwards AT interfaces will become a priority, and I also plan to do a bit of block header restructuring some time soon(header only validation cannot currently be done, but could be with some restructuring)
---

Btw, for those complaining about POC2 not going through.. Keep in mind that one of the major motivating factors was faster blockchain download and verification as well as increased efficiency and speed spent mining a block BUT the blockchain header downloading will provide the same advantage.
I think a name change is in order still. It had some support a few pages back. What do you all think?

I like these names:
Drive
Space

Leaning toward space... "How much space do you have?"
"I have 12 space coins"
Much more to the moon, and the name actually reflects the product because it requires hard drive space.

I love the name burst, the only issue with it that i have is the fact that it starts with a B...like bitcoin.

TBH i don't like either of those names.....not for an actual unit of currency. Also, at the end of the day, a name change is just an excuse for a pump...
For Sell
What is new and happening with Burst in the future anyone care to give me an update?

---
The next update or 2 will be some long overdue extra account security features. There will be the ability to authorize another account to spend from an account with spending limits(amount / time)(allow access to your funds while keeping the account its in cold stored or other ), and accounts will be able to be set up for multisig. The authorized spending backend stuff is all done and has been tested successfully on a testnet, but has no user interface yet. Multisig is still in progress. I haven't decided whether those will be released separate or grouped together.
Afterwards AT interfaces will become a priority, and I also plan to do a bit of block header restructuring some time soon(header only validation cannot currently be done, but could be with some restructuring)
---
Jump to: