Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 256. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
hi guys!
last dev post was on: 20 April 2015, 13:42:06...
nothing after this date...
the last post was to release Burst 1.2.3.

then no update...

somebody knows if the dev is still developing burst?

The dev is absolutely still dev'ing for BURST, he's online in the core team daily. Just because he hasn't posted in the forums, doesn't mean he isn't around.

Although, it does look that way I suppose.

Activity: 306
Merit: 250
For Sell
Is mmmaybe of the PR Team really dead...? He wrote here just the other day. What happened?  Cry

Source: https://twitter.com/real_burstcoin

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. Our dear mmmaybe is no longer with us, taken by cancer.
I have tweeted on that account in his stead.

He has done so much for us all and will be missed as he was a really good man.

Rest in peace my dear friend.

RIP, even if I'm too new to get to know him.

Sorry if it's inappropriate and early to ask, but wasn't mmmaybe a major holder? Perhaps one of the biggest? If that's the case, a lot of coins are no longer with us too. Could that even effect trading?

Yeah.. he'll be missed.

He did indeed own a large number of coins (50 million+). He has donated them toward the development and marketing of Burst.  See here for his last message to the community: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11493918

I must have missed that part in the massive post - but what a fine gesture with a donation! Smiley

So the coins are not lost but instead the dev-team will get a half-decent budget? A 50 million buy-wall would certainly be interesting, but I'm sure you guys have other things to fund too.

What are your plans for using the funding?
Activity: 286
BURST giveaway (sort of)

We are putting a game on beta which has nothing to do with BURST, but we need some players and why not help out my fellow BURST owners at the same time.  Playing the game is free. There is a ranking every weekend and the top 10 on the game will win DKK cash prices (danish kroner). On top of your DKK prize of 100 to 1000 DKK ($15  to $150) if you end in top-10,  i will give you the same amount of BURST as the amount of FBC you ended up earning that week..  everyone starts at 5000 and if you end up at e.g. 7500, i'll send you 2500 BURST.  the leader this week is already at 18000 FBC. Note that no matter where you end up, i'll convert any FBC in the game you have more than 5000, into BURST, that i'll send to whatever address you ask me to send it to.

To not run out of funds, I won't send more than 5000 to any one person, and i'll stop at 100K burst sent, as it is out of my own pocket. I will run this for two weeks, or until the 100K is gone.

I am mining with 60TB and have a decent stash of BURST.

There are almost no players in the game right now (about 100 registered, i'd guess about 20 to 30 playing atm.), so it is dead easy to hit the top-10.

With both cash and BURST prizes why not utilize the opportunity.

When our marketing department press their start button, the number of players will go so high that it will be much harder to win.

You can prove you are who you claim to be, by forwarding your win email to me, and letting me know your BURST address.

Game is open for all players all over the world.

https://free.betonfinance.com

free to play
real money to win
+BURST gift from me

good deal. (except for me, i'm gonna be out 100K BURST soon)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Is mmmaybe of the PR Team really dead...? He wrote here just the other day. What happened?  Cry

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. Our dear mmmaybe is no longer with us, taken by cancer.

Sorry if it's inappropriate and early to ask, but wasn't mmmaybe a major holder? Perhaps one of the biggest? If that's the case, a lot of coins are no longer with us too. Could that even effect trading?

You are correct, however, mmmaybe has appointed a custodian who will distribute the funds in order to help further develop and market BURST.

He has hinted that in his last post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11493918

Ninja'd by Matt Smiley
Merit: 503

Yeah.. he'll be missed.

He did indeed own a large number of coins (50 million+). He has donated them toward the development and marketing of Burst.  See here for his last message to the community: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11493918
For Sell

For Sell

legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
hi guys!

then no update...

It will never be a success with a lead Dev being disengaged from the community like this. With multiple other solutions coming out that make use of hard drive space instead of wasting it there is no way Burst can compete with those.  Regardless of how much community effort is put forth unless the tech changes significantly to make use of the space with POC2 there is no point of it.

If someone was to ask what you can do with burst or where you can use it the answers are pretty slim.  No place to use it unless you want to speculate on some assets. Some type of recurring income is needed for marketing purposes as well.

Cobra is spot on in regards to other coins coming out that make actual use of hard drive space instead of wasting it. BURST should move quick while they still hold huge piece of the pie. Before miners remove space dedicated to mining BURST to mining other coins that puts that space to good use.
Activity: 275
HGST company falling under the Western Digital said on Tuesday launched the first 3.5 “hard drive with a capacity of 10 TB.

For more information visit http://burstcoin.sk/produced-10-tb-disk-writes-to-it-in-a-special-way/

Nice article, thanks for the tech update.
Activity: 289
hi guys!

then no update...

It will never be a success with a lead Dev being disengaged from the community like this. With multiple other solutions coming out that make use of hard drive space instead of wasting it there is no way Burst can compete with those.  Regardless of how much community effort is put forth unless the tech changes significantly to make use of the space with POC2 there is no point of it.

If someone was to ask what you can do with burst or where you can use it the answers are pretty slim.  No place to use it unless you want to speculate on some assets. Some type of recurring income is needed for marketing purposes as well.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
hi guys!

then no update...

Merit: 503
For those of you who didn't see it, we've got a new blog post:
http://burstcoin.info/blog/

More coming soon!
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
At burst.ninja I can see:
108376   Huh w/ D = 0 sec  with a link of the Huh to: https://block.burstcoin.info/acc.php?acc=BURST-???

On my pool I see:

within "new block #108376"
New best deadline 50

Seems there is still a problem. Maybe too fast???
For Sell
http://burstcoin.sk

some news:
Website updated for mobile devices ... not perfect but functional  Wink
Fixed link to facebook page https://www.facebook.com/burstcoin.sk
Added mining pools url adress

Thank you for your work!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
no need to worry, why ? because if people would not see the future here they would disconnect their tera drives and move on, meantime network capacity could rival some data centers  Cool

late night all because VERT dynamics woke me uo
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Basically, it is up to us. We can't ask the devs and the PR Team to do everything. Burst needs us, both for voluntary work and, what he calls, "micro-payments" (preferably in BTC). Burst has so many holders, yet are the only a dozen doing work and regularly donates.

Coins are built on the shoulders of developers. Marketing DOESN'T MATTER. Hype DOESN'T MATTER if there is no investment and no active development. Everyone likes pointing fingers, but the marketing team has apparently been going strong for months and all that's happened is the market has went down. This isn't like marketing a box of cereal to America. It has core problems that I already mentioned.

and the block reward decreased, Reward 5,987 Burst , it is perfect

in general many miners, utilize CPU cores for BURST while at the same time mining GPU coins in parallel , there is some cost in terms of GPU hash resolution as  byproduct but not dramatic

network hash capacity is holding nicely, wide distribution of coins is occurring across the board

we briefly touched 25 peta network size (estimated) all of you should check VERT as an example for what can happen at any time

Great example. VTC was stuck forever around 2-3k sats, then BOOM! price jump and it's being traded with exuberance on exchanges.  I know a lot of people here are holding bags, and I'd imagine that if the price were to jump just a couple hundred sats, trading would pick up in earnest again.

Vert switched to lyra2re. Same thing happens to pretty much every coin that switches to a better algo when it happens. Once again a development feature.

As I already mentioned, there should be a GPU assisted miner for getting mine times down to <5s. This coins is very, very CPU dependent for something that's supposed to be HD dependent (I already mentioned this multiple times).

As I hypothesized a few months ago Bitladen is going to destroy the coin. There isn't a large investor that doesn't want to keep reaping rewards.

I'm sorry, but this remains a hypothesis. How did I destroy the coin?
Instead of coming up with this nonsense, why did you not support my idea of increasing the block reward? It's clearly what the coin needs.
You are making this statement today, by quitting it. The reward is not enough. By now the hashrate should have reached 50PB, but the current block value is not supporting this, and it keeps decreasing, both the block reward value and the coin value.
Nobody has even bothered making some buy orders. No wonder it's going down. Everybody held till they can hold no more then dumped and withdrawed.

I could port the dcct tools to windows. In fact blago is dcct port, but very cheesy and buggy. I can do a proper one, it's not too much trouble.  But since nobody here is supporting me, don't blaim me for not contributing.

People DID support you for a bit, then it became clear you're bombing the network and dumping on poloniex. The whole dumping shit show started a little bit after you showed up.

And you can say 'oh I'll do this or that, but since you guys don't like me I'm not going to', when truth be told you've been here a long time and never once ported DCCT nor ever seemed willing to do so. That was just as self-serving statement designed to make someone feel guilty about pointing out what you're doing. Heck people practically had to beg you to get you to state littles 'niggles' there were wrong with Blagos.

This isn't a coin big enough to support the weight of a huge investment miner, it never has been. Buy some ASICs and get into mining BTC bro.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
and the block reward decreased, Reward 5,987 Burst , it is perfect

in general many miners, utilize CPU cores for BURST while at the same time mining GPU coins in parallel , there is some cost in terms of GPU hash resolution as  byproduct but not dramatic

network hash capacity is holding nicely, wide distribution of coins is occurring across the board

we briefly touched 25 peta network size (estimated) all of you should check VERT as an example for what can happen at any time

Great example. VTC was stuck forever around 2-3k sats, then BOOM! price jump and it's being traded with exuberance on exchanges.  I know a lot of people here are holding bags, and I'd imagine that if the price were to jump just a couple hundred sats, trading would pick up in earnest again.
Activity: 588
My one cent goes to the webmaster of burstcoin.info: Please do not code all by yourself, use a platform with some nice template. Those can be customized nicely, but foremost Burst would get a funny functional and easy-to-update site in a day or two. That the coin does not, after soon one year running, a proper site is just silly. No hard feelings here I hope, I only thinking about benefits for the coin. If I was in charge, I would also merge the excellent burstcoin.eu and burstforum.com with the mainsite, but that might not be possible.

Can we talk on irc? #burst-coin on freenode
For Sell

Props to crowetic for all he has done for Burst, this would probably be completely dead if he was not here.

I know I'm new here but I read almost the whole thread and browsed the forum.

Yes, props to crowetic, no question about that. I do think there are more people who helped save and/or develop Burst into what it became (uray, Wulfcastle, dcct - just to name a few), and lately vbcs and CIYAM developers, who actually implemented something absolutely groundbreaking (but a lot must have gone severely wrong regarding PR - the "press release" is not even a press release and it wasn't spread).

Today we have some problems. I think mmmaybe have presented the best analysis of the situation here in a post critical both of his own role and the community's.

I will quote two of his points (the other two are more of his own failures).

3) Lack of community involvement. Early on the BURST community was awesome, doing all kind of things, like creating tools and improving the infrastructure of the coin. It was an exiting time.  Smiley But things changed. Less people contributed "voluntarily" to protect their BURST investments, probably thinking someone else would do it or they just selling those "free HDD coins".

It is of utterly importance that a wider part of the community gets active to be able move BURST in the desired direction.

Fortunately enough, a lot of the things that are required is mostly easy things, like building an attractive FB page, contribute with possible topics to tweet about, arrange a thunderclap, do fun stuff to get attention, working on an new and improved OP, or using your social network to try to get more devs on-board. Sure, the PR Team today is relatively large but the members are recruited for their special skills and work on quite restricted projects. BURST is nothing without the community helping each other out instead of have seemingly endless personal vendettas.

2) Lack of funding. I used to be against all forms of pre-mining and IPO/ICOs. The fact that BURST was "clean" in this respect was one important reason that I got involved in the first place. Today I think differently, although not completely the opposite. To develop a coin technically and at the same time be able to do decent promotional work does, simply, require some sort of funding. The PR team has asked for donations and ran an AT to get the means for improving our PR efforts; however positive it is in one aspect, a sad and troublesome fact is that we now have more than 20,000 registered BURST accounts while only a handful from the community have contributed in a substantial way to the funding (and ironically, the main contributers are found in the PR team).

I fully understand that not everyone can donate 1mil or 500K, but small sums like 500 or 1K BURST from like 18,000 community members is not unreasonable to ask from a miner to further develop this great project. The Team clearly haven't been able to explain the importance of funding and what "micro-payments" can achieve. To spread a single press release in a proper and efficient way costs several hundreds dollars. Hence, the Team, and I had an important role in this, have failed also here.

Basically, it is up to us. We can't ask the devs and the PR Team to do everything. Burst needs us, both for voluntary work and, what he calls, "micro-payments" (preferably in BTC). Burst has so many holders, yet are the only a dozen doing work and regularly donates.

It's like the rest just mines and think the technology itself will bring Burst to 2000 satoshi. The technological breakthrough with ACCT proves this is not the case, technology itself will not bring Burst anywhere. Burst needs funding to do promotional work and be active on the markets (buy wall).

The idea with micro-payments is fine, many raindrops will eventually create a lake. So lets try that Smiley

Can't someone in the PR team post the donation addresses and everyone of us donates some mBTC or satoshis for Burst. I think the coin has so much potential we should try it!

We should not forget 3) of mmmaybe's points. Those who can't donate may contribute with ideas and some work.

If I may come with an own suggestion here I think Burst really needs an idea of where we want to go and how. I think it is important to create a roadmap, where the items are ranked due to their importance (creating the roadmap would be no. 1).

This has been mentioned before. However, as I understand the dev teams use the Slack platform for their work, which is like IRC 3.0. I would suggest open one channel up for every community member who wish to contribute. As we live all around the world, such a channel could prove very active.

To create a vital coin is not to organize a P&D, just to make quick money. Without a main funder, we need to "create" Burst by many, many, many small donations and our joint work force, directed by the dev-teams.

To try this out is not hard: everyone supporting the coin could have the donation address in their sigs and remind each other to donate, say, every week; and as I understand Slack, it's not difficult to create an open channel for brainstorming and organize work on simple projects.

That's my two cents.

My one cent goes to the webmaster of burstcoin.info: Please do not code all by yourself, use a platform with some nice template. Those can be customized nicely, but foremost Burst would get a funny functional and easy-to-update site in a day or two. That the coin does not, after soon one year running, a proper site is just silly. No hard feelings here I hope, I only thinking about benefits for the coin. If I was in charge, I would also merge the excellent burstcoin.eu and burstforum.com with the mainsite, but that might not be possible.

Thanks if you read it all  Embarrassed

Jump to: