Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 280. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
finally some decent volume on the market. this may turn out well

Do you have all your Burst on Poloniex ? Holding more back would help build confidence.

Nah, I have like 25% on Bittrex Tongue  I think I can trust them with 9 mil burst, better to be in the market than locked in the wallet

Why is it that everybody thinks that holding the coin is such a good thing?  
All coin should be traded. I made a lot of buys and sells on poloniex over the last months.

In fact that's why the price drops, if nobody makes trades, you are all bagholders. Everybody just trade some of your coins, 10% 20% of them, it's good that we see volume, let's make some more.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
www.bsom.org/noncecalc

Just a little thing I whipped up for myself that I thought I'd share.  Enter the size of your hard drive in BYTES and the stagger size in MEGABYTES and it will calculate the maximum number of nonces you can plot as well as estimate how much disk space will be 'wasted'.  Good for newbies who don't know how to calculate this, or for the lazy who don't want to. :-)

Great, glad to see people developing little tools like this. Thank you!
Activity: 275
Merit: 250

Do you have all your Burst on Poloniex ? Holding more back would help build confidence.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
legendary
i hope no, because i'm holding / mining burst from the beginning,
but...
the chart it is rellay clear:
we are going to die?

Kinda doubt Burst is going to 'die', but there is way too much Burst in circulation so it's entirely possible it may halve again. This is why I mentioned there should be more then one coin that uses PoC.

Since PoC uses relatively little electricity the hash power will probably stay the same. I'm contemplating selling my HDs at the moment as it was a bad idea to invest all in on one coin, but I really don't want to take the 30% hit on of reselling them. ROI right now is completely out the window.

Burst is on a nosedive. Holders don't seem to understand that this is a coin. Thus it has to be traded. Don't hold it, dump, pump, make action on the market.
Everybody is holding and it's slowly dying. Don't dream it's gonna jump to 300 overnight. It can only happen if there is action on the market.
I said this 2 months ago, everybody was dreaming to sell it @300 back then. Now, it looks like was right, unfortunately.

So all holders (many miners included here, I assume)  dump some coins, and put a buy order. If everybody did that, we'd be well. We need action. If no trades happen, coin is dying.

And there's the other issue of fast decreasing block reward. If block reward decreases faster than the BURST/BTC value increases, it's bad news. And the value keeps decreasing!
The only reason I'm still mining BURST is because there's no other PoC coin yet. I plan to make one though, and hopefully other people will make PoC coins also.

If there were other PoC coins, many miners would have left BURST for another, and then without miners the coin is completely dead.

I hear many people criticizing me that I mine to get profit. Well, duuuuuh!!! That's why anybody mines. And thus far I ended up mostly holding.
BUT I DO SOMETHING for the coin. I MINE. I mine a lot. I do a lot for the coin. Without hashpower the coin is insecure (open to 51% attack) and therefore dead, or ready to die at any time.

Burst is really cheap right now, why would you make your own coin instead of taking that time and energy and improving on Burst?

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  I don't know if you guys realize just how big of a deal this is.. but it's a very big one.  Best case scenario a miner would have to download many gigabytes of trimmed blockchain using the current system.  POC miners can get started using on about 100kB even after a few years of blockchain.. and this could be traced back to the gensis for maximum trustlessness.  The ASIC resistance and other features of POC are pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.
Marketing?...

Differentiating factor: Proof of Capacity
What does it mean? Capacity for what?
Memory? Disk drive? See how this is ambiguous to a layperson?

"Burst"
What does it mean, or what is it? Has the bubble burst?

Algo name: Proof of Memory
Name: Driveshares

Obviously these are simply suggestions and other names may work, but the point is it's too technical for an average person to "get" right away, then it's too ambiguous somewhere for a layperson to "get" right away. Minor branding changes can make all the difference.

Memory and hard drive space are two completely different things. Proof of Capacity is much more true.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
www.bsom.org/noncecalc

Just a little thing I whipped up for myself that I thought I'd share.  Enter the size of your hard drive in BYTES and the stagger size in MEGABYTES and it will calculate the maximum number of nonces you can plot as well as estimate how much disk space will be 'wasted'.  Good for newbies who don't know how to calculate this, or for the lazy who don't want to. :-)
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
but...
we are going to die?

Kinda doubt Burst is going to 'die', but there is way too much Burst in circulation so it's entirely possible it may halve again. This is why I mentioned there should be more then one coin that uses PoC.

Since PoC uses relatively little electricity the hash power will probably stay the same. I'm contemplating selling my HDs at the moment as it was a bad idea to invest all in on one coin, but I really don't want to take the 30% hit on of reselling them. ROI right now is completely out the window.

Burst is on a nosedive. Holders don't seem to understand that this is a coin. Thus it has to be traded. Don't hold it, dump, pump, make action on the market.
Everybody is holding and it's slowly dying. Don't dream it's gonna jump to 300 overnight. It can only happen if there is action on the market.
I said this 2 months ago, everybody was dreaming to sell it @300 back then. Now, it looks like was right, unfortunately.

So all holders (many miners included here, I assume)  dump some coins, and put a buy order. If everybody did that, we'd be well. We need action. If no trades happen, coin is dying.

And there's the other issue of fast decreasing block reward. If block reward decreases faster than the BURST/BTC value increases, it's bad news. And the value keeps decreasing!
The only reason I'm still mining BURST is because there's no other PoC coin yet. I plan to make one though, and hopefully other people will make PoC coins also.

If there were other PoC coins, many miners would have left BURST for another, and then without miners the coin is completely dead.

I hear many people criticizing me that I mine to get profit. Well, duuuuuh!!! That's why anybody mines. And thus far I ended up mostly holding.
BUT I DO SOMETHING for the coin. I MINE. I mine a lot. I do a lot for the coin. Without hashpower the coin is insecure (open to 51% attack) and therefore dead, or ready to die at any time.

I realize that I am opening up my ideas to everyone, but the point of developing a cryptocurrency is not to get rich.  That's why we have mining and the developer is usually just one of the first to start.  What do you think about these possible BURST altcoins?  Keep the discussion in the Burst forum because it does not belong on this BitcoinTalk thread.  This post is only here because there are only a few that regularly visit the Burst forum and I will delete this post if someone on the Burst development team asks me.

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/potential-burst-altcoins.806/
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
The number of page in this thread alone indicate how active this coin is. It's far away from dying. While the current price might shock some people, it's a good thing, because this will move some coins around.
I for myself bought a few more, and will continue. At those prices you can't go wrong. As long as there is activity, I will buy ^^
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Burst is really cheap right now, why would you make your own coin instead of taking that time and energy and improving on Burst?

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  The ASIC resistance is pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

what about utilizing the html5 sandbox filesystem for the masses?
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem/

i am not sure if a plotter can be written in javascript but you could simply plot a few gb arranged in scoops into your webrowsers cachefolder and mine with it (if someone creates a javascript based miner).
the advantage would be that you only store some scoops for each nonce and with luck you can find blocks with it.
this would be the most simple way. you would only require a address and a few burst and could mine on pools.

Very cool idea!!!
legendary
but...
we are going to die?

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  The ASIC resistance is pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

I'll kick off another bounty right now for GUI tools for BURST that encompass the following...

1. Plotting with both GPU and CPU plotters

2. Plot optimization (not a MUST, but would be nice) along with a method of making it simple.

3. Mining with all of the miners. (give the people a choice) Both pool and solo (again, choices.)

4. The wallet in a standalone client (maybe even just a client that points to a web wallet such as mine http://wallet.burst.city:8125)

I am aware this is a fairly large project, but I'm willing to give 500k BURST right now to get the project's bounty started, I will make another bounty wallet like the one I did for my ninja UI bounty (which still hasn't been claimed, or really even suggested that someone could claim it, which is upsetting to me, but aside the point.) or we could make a CF AT for this...if that AT wouldn't just not get funded in time and close itself. Come on people, lets PUSH BURST UP!

but either way, I'm totally willing to initiate the funding of such a project. Let me know if there are any takers
Activity: 256
but...
we are going to die?

So all holders (many miners included here, I assume)  dump some coins, and put a buy order. If everybody did that, we'd be well. We need action. If no trades happen, coin is dying.

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  The ASIC resistance is pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

what about utilizing the html5 sandbox filesystem for the masses?
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem/

i am not sure if a plotter can be written in javascript but you could simply plot a few gb arranged in scoops into your webrowsers cachefolder and mine with it (if someone creates a javascript based miner).
the advantage would be that you only store some scoops for each nonce and with luck you can find blocks with it.
this would be the most simple way. you would only require a address and a few burst and could mine on pools.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
but...
we are going to die?

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  I don't know if you guys realize just how big of a deal this is.. but it's a very big one.  Best case scenario a miner would have to download many gigabytes of trimmed blockchain using the current system.  POC miners can get started using on about 100kB even after a few years of blockchain.. and this could be traced back to the gensis for maximum trustlessness.  The ASIC resistance and other features of POC are pretty cool too.

legendary
Ha, further declining prices ... my theory continues to prove itself.

Yes, because prices in markets never go down. Get real man.

If you don't believe in the coin, no one is keeping you here bro.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Ha, further declining prices ... my theory continues to prove itself.
legendary
Np Crowetic,

ByteEnt is a great asset and everyone can see the great things you're doing for Burst.

It makes sense for all of the miners on Burst.Ninja to be buying the asset or my mini version
and take some ownership and profit from the pool your mining on. Plus these guys are working
on several other things.

Burst, ByteEnt and by extension ByteEMini have a very bright future, it's early days.

Absolutely my friend, absolutely.
Np Crowetic,

ByteEnt is a great asset and everyone can see the great things you're doing for Burst.

It makes sense for all of the miners on Burst.Ninja to be buying the asset or my mini version
and take some ownership and profit from the pool your mining on. Plus these guys are working
on several other things.

Burst, ByteEnt and by extension ByteEMini have a very bright future, it's early days.

legendary
New Asset Announcement

Name: ByteEMini
Asset ID: 639537212154320
Offer Price: 0.4
Total Shares: 100,000

100 ByteEMini = 1 ByteEnt

This asset is based on my personal holdings of 1000 x ByteEnt shares details on this can found here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10682579

All dividends received on my 1000 ByteEnt shares will be passed onto ByteEMini holders. Payouts monthly.

This asset is for people that were interested in the ByteEnt shares, but perhaps didn't have the funds for purchasing
or missed the initial offer or want to try out the asset market with a smaller asset purchase.

To purchase:-
Open burst wallet
Click Asset Exchange tab on left side navigation menu
Click Add Asset button top right side corner
Enter asset id: 639537212154320

Recommended purchase in blocks of 100

Any questions please ask.
Thank you.

I am puzzled about this asset. What is it for? I mean, why not simple offer the original for trade? What if the price diverts of original and yours? What if the original transfers (again) into another asset? If somebody cannot afford 40, then I doubt he could afford 4 Burst to buy, lol.

Hi Elmit,

This asset is simply a diluted holding of the ByteEnt shares 100 to 1.

The price will follow ByteEnt shares at the diluted ratio because its the same thing essentially.

If ByteEnt transferred into a new or some other asset, Mini holders would have ownership of the new asset
just as if they were holders of the ByteEnt. This is just a dilution of the original shares 100 to 1.

100 Mini shares = 1 ByteEnt share

I expect overtime that ByteEnt shares will increase in value and my pricing strategy will become more obvious
for example if ByteEnt rises to 400 and ByteEMini will then be 4 burst per share. A lot more affordable to the average
wallet holder.

I for one, appreciate the backing. No matter what form. Thank you.

It also is good to have more assets no matter what, just use the system.

BURST isn't going anywhere, so yes, I too suspect that over time his asset will make more sense.

Also, ByteEnt is DEFINITELY not going anywhere. That asset will never die, will never change, it will never do anything but go up in % being paid out.

Right now people are losing faith, but that's fine, it weeds out the people who don't believe in the coin. Let them go.

I know what is in store, and even if it doesn't come immediately, it will come.

Take a look at BTC, do you think there weren't many times in its life where people said "this is dying, this is dead" etc? Hah. Laughable.

There are still many big things going on, albeit not as fast as some people might like, but that's life.

Take this as a time to accumulate a TON of everyone's favorite coin. Wink That's what I'm doing.

BURST has always been a more long-term coin. If you can't see that, then dump and get out. But I truly believe that the people who are here, sticking it out when the price is low and people are naysaying, THOSE are the ones that in the future will be very very pleased, just like the early adopters of BTC that didn't cash out to buy pizza.

My 2 BURST.

Thanks riskyfire, for backing my company and believing in our assets, and thank you for seeing further than a day. (as it seems a lot of people do.)
New Asset Announcement

This asset is based on my personal holdings of 1000 x ByteEnt shares details on this can found here

All dividends received on my 1000 ByteEnt shares will be passed onto ByteEMini holders. Payouts monthly.

This asset is for people that were interested in the ByteEnt shares, but perhaps didn't have the funds for purchasing
or missed the initial offer or want to try out the asset market with a smaller asset purchase.

Open burst wallet

Thank you.

I am puzzled about this asset. What is it for? I mean, why not simple offer the original for trade? What if the price diverts of original and yours? What if the original transfers (again) into another asset? If somebody cannot afford 40, then I doubt he could afford 4 Burst to buy, lol.

Hi Elmit,

This asset is simply a diluted holding of the ByteEnt shares 100 to 1.

The price will follow ByteEnt shares at the diluted ratio because its the same thing essentially.

If ByteEnt transferred into a new or some other asset, Mini holders would have ownership of the new asset
just as if they were holders of the ByteEnt. This is just a dilution of the original shares 100 to 1.

100 Mini shares = 1 ByteEnt share

I expect overtime that ByteEnt shares will increase in value and my pricing strategy will become more obvious
for example if ByteEnt rises to 400 and ByteEMini will then be 4 burst per share. A lot more affordable to the average
wallet holder.
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
New Asset Announcement

Open burst wallet

Thank you.

Activity: 328
Price was even lower before, this is not bottom.

I am holding and I know that price will rise.
Buying BURST is point, but ppl need reason to BUY.

So look for a good reason to buy, not to sell.
Jump to: