Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 282. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
I think if BURST is able to be mined by GPU - I will kill the value , unless the block reward reduces 20 or 30 times..

value would be the same, because it is the same amount of BURST entering the economy, no matter how many resources are used for.
If we get poc2 soon. Mining will be more attractive to the gpu miners...

i kind of like the harddisk mining as it works now. With burst POC it is more important to have disk space, and less important to have cheap electricity. Where i live the statist government puts a lot of taxes on power, i pay 0.35 USD per kwH. So harddisk mining is good for me, because it does not require much electricity.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
I think if BURST is able to be mined by GPU - I will kill the value , unless the block reward reduces 20 or 30 times..
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

We need a good multi-pool... I'd point some GPU towards it
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Apparently sometime last night the buy wall was eaten. RIP 7 BTC.

Let's not forget that Burst mining doesn't utilize the hard drive 100% of the time like mining on an GPU does.
Just a few minutes per block.

No doubt GPUs are more flexible -- but the cost of mining Burst is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than any GPU mining... unless you have free electricity -- then all bets are off.

I agree, it's not about the tech though. It's about lack of a safety net. This technology is currently limited to one coin, where there are tons of coins and algos available for a GPU miner. Even if one coin explodes (I've seen many do that), GPUs can be shifted to a different coin or even moved around based on what is most profitable.

Do you actually use GPUs? or are you just making conversation? They are nowhere near as reliable as CPUs. The stock cooling is definitely not enough, I've had a bunch myself that failed, I wasn't even mining with them.

On the other hand, about HDDs, where do you get your information? Sure they have a limited lifespan. But that's like over 100,000 hours MTBF on any hard drive. And last I've checked they usually come with 2 or 3 year warranty if not 5. And 100k hours MTBF is over 10 years. In 10 years they'll be worthless anyway. So essentially HDDs have *unlimited* lifespan. And burst uses them like 1% of the time. So you can still use your computer, while mining. PoC is quite brilliant. Also, a HDD loses value more slowly than GPU or CPU, so BURST it's more like realestate, you make some money on the rent, but you still have the house that you can sell after 3 years. Oh and there's very little electricity cost too.

That's where I came from. Maybe I got lucky, but I had a rather large GPU farm before coming to Burst. They don't burn out unless you overvolt the crap out of them and the only thing that happens are the fans fail. Scrypt was the only thing that ran them really hot and even then it never caused any of mine to fail.

Not sure where your experience is coming from if you had a bunch, but you never mined with them then...

As far as experience with hard drives? I've owned quite a few over the years, this is also a good place to start: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

That being said, not only do you lose warranty and HDs become more prone to failure over time, but they also get nosier as the bearings start to fail and they accrue bad sectors. They're mechanical, they will eventually, always fail as the bearings wear out (we are talking about mechanical HDs here, not SSDs). GPUs and CPUS are not mechanical except for the fans. Indeed, a few drives come with a 2-3 year warranty, a lot also come with a 1 year warranty, but both of these cover the five year failure window I mentioned. 5 year warranties are found on the more expensive HDs and you're essentially paying decent size premium for longer coverage.

I never said PoC was bad, it's bad that there is only one PoC coin.
BURST is ready to burst
7 BTC @0.00000100
Nobody has been dumping this week.

Put more orders there! or dump ...I'm buying Smiley

I had a sell order for a million burst and change at 112 but that was just to help weak hands sell into my buy order at 103. It worked, i've gotten all the burst back i temporarily used to buy some BTC i needed elsewhere.

I'll buy myself a few BTC for fiat, and spend them on liberland suisse settlement corporation shares  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liberland-Suisse-Settlement-Corporation/609330502536126?fref=ts  , then i'll buy BURST for the rest, there will probably be a little left over...

Anyway, whoever sold burst at 103, thanks a bunch for helping me get my BURST back, i was missing them.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Doing minor tidying up on burst.ninja right now in case anyone wonders why it's gone slightly slow for a few minutes.
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
BURST is ready to burst
7 BTC @0.00000100

Miner with name /bin/laden dump the last 2 months 20-40 block/day.Send a pm to that guy i m sure dump many burst on your buy order.People like me look forward.We believe in Burst.We help the PR team.You look only your pocket.

You're an imbecile. If I dumped everyday, what would be the volume? Ok I didn't dump because the price sucked. So if it keeps sucking, where does the coin go?

So yea, dump on my buy order, go right ahead!

You move 30-40 blocks 3-5 times a day in a midlle acount and then to Poloniex.....I think u move many billion Burst here to keep them fresh  Roll Eyes.
That Coin and that Team need people with faιth ,not people who look all the time at the PolonieXs price.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
After the plotting, does the CPU and the RAM are important ?

No, you can mine with 2GB~1.5GB in Windows 8.1 with the Blago miner, and any dual-core CPU can be used for mining only. WIth a little linux distribution like Lubuntu i think you can mine with less than 1GB of ram with DCCT miner or Uray miner.

Nice thank you ! And if I put some internal HDD on "boxes" that have an USB cable (I don't know how this is called), is it profitable or will I lose a lot of time ?
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
After the plotting, does the CPU and the RAM are important ?

No, you can mine with 2GB~1.5GB in Windows 8.1 with the Blago miner, and any dual-core CPU can be used for mining only. WIth a little linux distribution like Lubuntu i think you can mine with less than 1GB of ram with DCCT miner or Uray miner.
Activity: 322

Hard drives have a finite lifetime. The only thing I've had go wrong with my GPUs is the fans dying on them and a few oopsies that were totally my fault. I've never had on of my GPU miners just 'die' for no reason. Hard drives on the other hand I've had go bad numerous times with the lifetime of a HD being around five years or failing early and getting RMA'd. Most HDs don't have warranties that long unless you buy really expensive ones.

A properly cooled GPU doesn't lose anymore lifetime then a properly cooled CPU when operating 24/7. It's just the fans and particularly one brand of manufacturer had crap fans from the amount of RMAs I had to do on them. Overvolting is something completely different.

The GPU market price is entirely dependent on the saturation (290s and 280s are still saturating eBay for instance from the x-miner craze) and if a new model is released that also depreciates older cards.

As far as scaring away miners. Halving of the value of the coin in the last month probably did that. There is no security. PoC has one coin and if Burst falls through then you basically are stuck with a bunch of hardware you can't use to mine any other coin. GPUs are quite flexible.

Do you actually use GPUs? or are you just making conversation? They are nowhere near as reliable as CPUs. The stock cooling is definitely not enough, I've had a bunch myself that failed, I wasn't even mining with them.

On the other hand, about HDDs, where do you get your information? Sure they have a limited lifespan. But that's like over 100,000 hours MTBF on any hard drive. And last I've checked they usually come with 2 or 3 year warranty if not 5. And 100k hours MTBF is over 10 years. In 10 years they'll be worthless anyway. So essentially HDDs have *unlimited* lifespan. And burst uses them like 1% of the time. So you can still use your computer, while mining. PoC is quite brilliant. Also, a HDD loses value more slowly than GPU or CPU, so BURST it's more like realestate, you make some money on the rent, but you still have the house that you can sell after 3 years. Oh and there's very little electricity cost too.
BURST is ready to burst
7 BTC @0.00000100

Miner with name /bin/laden dump the last 2 months 20-40 block/day.Send a pm to that guy i m sure dump many burst on your buy order.People like me look forward.We believe in Burst.We help the PR team.You look only your pocket.

You're an imbecile. If I dumped everyday, what would be the volume? Ok I didn't dump because the price sucked. So if it keeps sucking, where does the coin go?

So yea, dump on my buy order, go right ahead!
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
BURST is ready to burst
7 BTC @0.00000100

Activity: 631
Merit: 501
Let's not forget that Burst mining doesn't utilize the hard drive 100% of the time like mining on an GPU does.
Just a few minutes per block.

No doubt GPUs are more flexible -- but the cost of mining Burst is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than any GPU mining... unless you have free electricity -- then all bets are off.
legendary

Yup and used HDs don't have good resale since they're mechanical and go bad, unlike GPUs (minus depreciation if a new one comes out). I unfortunately bought in right as things slid down hill. Burst has always been on a precarious perch because of the amount of it in circulation compared to market volume and it was just waiting for someone to start dumping.

I disagree, if you purchased the drives with warranty, they should be easy to resell. Plus that I think a GPU is more easily damaged by mining than burst would a HDD.
And HDD tend to keep their price for longer than GPUs too.

Now the block reward structure is a different thing. It deflates way too fast, I said this before, the way block reward is going down right now is insane, it scares miners away.

Hard drives have a finite lifetime. The only thing I've had go wrong with my GPUs is the fans dying on them and a few oopsies that were totally my fault. I've never had on of my GPU miners just 'die' for no reason. Hard drives on the other hand I've had go bad numerous times with the lifetime of a HD being around five years or failing early and getting RMA'd. Most HDs don't have warranties that long unless you buy really expensive ones.

A properly cooled GPU doesn't lose anymore lifetime then a properly cooled CPU when operating 24/7. It's just the fans and particularly one brand of manufacturer had crap fans from the amount of RMAs I had to do on them. Overvolting is something completely different.

The GPU market price is entirely dependent on the saturation (290s and 280s are still saturating eBay for instance from the x-miner craze) and if a new model is released that also depreciates older cards.

As far as scaring away miners. Halving of the value of the coin in the last month probably did that. There is no security. PoC has one coin and if Burst falls through then you basically are stuck with a bunch of hardware you can't use to mine any other coin. GPUs are quite flexible.

Yup and used HDs don't have good resale since they're mechanical and go bad, unlike GPUs (minus depreciation if a new one comes out). I unfortunately bought in right as things slid down hill. Burst has always been on a precarious perch because of the amount of it in circulation compared to market volume and it was just waiting for someone to start dumping.

I disagree, if you purchased the drives with warranty, they should be easy to resell. Plus that I think a GPU is more easily damaged by mining than burst would a HDD.
And HDD tend to keep their price for longer than GPUs too.

Now the block reward structure is a different thing. It deflates way too fast, I said this before, the way block reward is going down right now is insane, it scares miners away.
Activity: 248
I'm not real
BURST was mentioned in a HYPER article on CNBC.com as part of our PR campaign: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102660930

Thanks for being a part of our crypto gaming network!
it's nice, but no one is going to connect an obscure reference to the word "BURST" to burstcoin here.

"Currently supported cryptocurrencies include HYPER, Coin2, GoldPieces, iCash and BURST."

This is the only BURST cryptocurrency I know of Wink
anyone here on this thread knows it.  but anyone who's never heard of burstcoin won't know what "BURST" is. google "burst"

Most people who know about altcoins will google something like "burst ann bitcointalk" or "burst cryptocurrency"
and these most people you defined already know about burstcoin
legendary
BURST is ready to burst
7 BTC @0.00000100

Jump to: