Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 390. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

Now at 33% funded. I still need your help!

Please futher support my new crowdfund project:
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx

Update and News:
Hopeing, that my CF Project above will get fully fundet, I just bougt the Domainname burstcoin.de from the current owner for 142 Euros.
Now i´m looking for a hoster and i think within two weeks the website will bei up and running with content.

Please support my CF, it need some additional support from the community to become a success.

Thanks!!!!

We use a jiffy box (domain factory) with success.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Noticed something funny on my new computer.  I have a few external hdd's plugged in via usb 3.0, and I get the following errors with Blago's miner:

Note: I've only seen these come up when I'm running my cpu and/or gpu for mining other coins.  Any ideas?  Can't be a resource problem, cuz I use to run cpu miner and Burst miner on my laptop, which only had 16gb RAM.

Edit: Running Windows 8.1 if it matters.
USB bus issues. if your CPU is running 100% for something else, I think the USB bus gets hammered. I know this from experience with bitcoin mining Smiley

That's what I figured at first too...but then I lowered the thread count to 12 from 10.  I mean, it's an i7-5930k, 2 cores @3.5+ ghz should be plenty to run 5 drives.  Good idea tho

Yes, I think most probably is your USB bus issue as FakeAccount mentioned. I did mine with burst miner and cpuminer on i7-2600, but I limit cpuminer to 3 threads maximum without problem.

Wow, really? Ok, hmmm, well I'll drop it down 6/12 threads and see what happens.  Maybe I'll also try only running gpu miner and see if that triggers it.  I'll post back with results Smiley
Activity: 619

Now at 33% funded. I still need your help!

Please futher support my new crowdfund project:
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx

Update and News:
Hopeing, that my CF Project above will get fully fundet, I just bougt the Domainname burstcoin.de from the current owner for 142 Euros.
Now i´m looking for a hoster and i think within two weeks the website will bei up and running with content.

Please support my CF, it need some additional support from the community to become a success.

Thanks!!!!

Activity: 714
Noob here. I successfully joined the pool and (I believe) I am mining (sseing

Some things are still unclear for me though.
We plot (maybe using the fastest GPU way) and then we mine (using our CPU). So what's is the most important thing, to plot like crazy as many blocks (plots?) we can or mine then as fast as we can and then download a block?
Also, how do I know when my block (plot?) is entirely mined?

To be clear here I'm not mining to get rich or something. Just for fun and who knows in the future BURST rules... So I am using for starting a 500GB USB 3.0 HD and a intel core i3 3rd gen. What is the amount of space in order to mining not be useless? Does it make difference using USB 3.0 or SATA?

How do I calculate (approx.) my earnings?

Finally, Is there a way to track my earnings in a pool? Or is it a "sit and wait" until I get paid.

Thanks!

Alright, have a v2 pool running at http://178.62.39.204:8121/
The v1 pool will be converted to v2 in a day or 2, but setting up the migration would have delayed this release, and only running that one on v2 could result in a dangerously high portion of network hashrate on one pool, so it's better to split it for now anyway.

Usage:

You will need the pocminer_pool posted previously when the v1 pool was launched: https://mega.co.nz/#!7hwHQJLZ!-waC7CwWeMStkdAwjEVbew1fN_YqeZDRWMWfCylaNPo
Reward reassignment has not been integrated into the wallet gui yet, however an extra html page was included in the 1.0.3 release that you can use. http://localhost:8125/rewardassignment.html
Below where it says set reward recipient, fill in your passphrase, and put the pool's burst- address where it says recipient, and submit. This will have a fee of 1 Burst. It should come up with a page of a bunch of details you won't care about if everything is good.
Once the transaction is in a valid block + 3 confirms, you should be able to use the pool. You can check the users list on the pool to make sure that your numerical account id is there(your generate address)
Edit the pool's ip/port into the run_mine file for pocminer_pool.
Rename or move your passphrases.txt file, since pocminer_pool will try to solo instead if it sees a correct passphrase for those plots.

Starting target deadline is 75k
PPLNS
When your balance hits 500 burst you get paid.

All users who have not upgraded to 1.0.3 are now on a bad fork

V2 Pool allows you to mine with your solo plots. You do NOT have to regenerate plots if you have solo plots. v1 pool users can keep mining without doing anything. the v1 -> v2 migration for v1 pool users will be transparent to them, and not require them to do anything.

Calculator at http://burstcoin.eu/calculator

Don't worry, USB 3.0 is not a problem~~
Activity: 714
Noticed something funny on my new computer.  I have a few external hdd's plugged in via usb 3.0, and I get the following errors with Blago's miner:

Note: I've only seen these come up when I'm running my cpu and/or gpu for mining other coins.  Any ideas?  Can't be a resource problem, cuz I use to run cpu miner and Burst miner on my laptop, which only had 16gb RAM.

USB bus issues. if your CPU is running 100% for something else, I think the USB bus gets hammered. I know this from experience with bitcoin mining Smiley

That's what I figured at first too...but then I lowered the thread count to 12 from 10.  I mean, it's an i7-5930k, 2 cores @3.5+ ghz should be plenty to run 5 drives.  Good idea tho

Yes, I think most probably is your USB bus issue as FakeAccount mentioned. I did mine with burst miner and cpuminer on i7-2600, but I limit cpuminer to 3 threads maximum without problem.
legendary

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Noob here. I successfully joined the pool and (I believe) I am mining (sseing

Some things are still unclear for me though.
We plot (maybe using the fastest GPU way) and then we mine (using our CPU). So what's is the most important thing, to plot like crazy as many blocks (plots?) we can or mine then as fast as we can and then download a block?
Also, how do I know when my block (plot?) is entirely mined?

To be clear here I'm not mining to get rich or something. Just for fun and who knows in the future BURST rules... So I am using for starting a 500GB USB 3.0 HD and a intel core i3 3rd gen. What is the amount of space in order to mining not be useless? Does it make difference using USB 3.0 or SATA?

How do I calculate (approx.) my earnings?

Finally, Is there a way to track my earnings in a pool? Or is it a "sit and wait" until I get paid.

Thanks!

Alright, have a v2 pool running at http://178.62.39.204:8121/
The v1 pool will be converted to v2 in a day or 2, but setting up the migration would have delayed this release, and only running that one on v2 could result in a dangerously high portion of network hashrate on one pool, so it's better to split it for now anyway.

Usage:

You will need the pocminer_pool posted previously when the v1 pool was launched: https://mega.co.nz/#!7hwHQJLZ!-waC7CwWeMStkdAwjEVbew1fN_YqeZDRWMWfCylaNPo
Reward reassignment has not been integrated into the wallet gui yet, however an extra html page was included in the 1.0.3 release that you can use. http://localhost:8125/rewardassignment.html
Below where it says set reward recipient, fill in your passphrase, and put the pool's burst- address where it says recipient, and submit. This will have a fee of 1 Burst. It should come up with a page of a bunch of details you won't care about if everything is good.
Once the transaction is in a valid block + 3 confirms, you should be able to use the pool. You can check the users list on the pool to make sure that your numerical account id is there(your generate address)
Edit the pool's ip/port into the run_mine file for pocminer_pool.
Rename or move your passphrases.txt file, since pocminer_pool will try to solo instead if it sees a correct passphrase for those plots.

Starting target deadline is 75k
PPLNS
When your balance hits 500 burst you get paid.

All users who have not upgraded to 1.0.3 are now on a bad fork

V2 Pool allows you to mine with your solo plots. You do NOT have to regenerate plots if you have solo plots. v1 pool users can keep mining without doing anything. the v1 -> v2 migration for v1 pool users will be transparent to them, and not require them to do anything.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real

legendary

Activity: 588
Would it be possible for anyone to create an AT that allows automated sports betting by using a results API from ESPN? Would of been awesome to of bet BURST on the outcome of the superbowl. I would of lost though  Grin

Here's the problem.. maybe not unsolvable and would be curious to hear your thoughts.  How can you get in the decentralized results into the blockchain in a trustless manner?  Or would you prefer to trust a message coming from a specific address, such as ESPN?

Not saying it's impossible.. but it becomes a tricky problem.

My thought is that maybe you could pay miners to pull in the data and use a decentralized feed, that operates similar to the decentralized timestamps.  Probably could even all pull from the same feed.  Would need to allow miners to say that they don't want to participate though or you could have bigger problems.
I'm no expert nor a programmer so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

I don't believe it's necessary that the information source used to decide the outcome of the bet be decentralised, only trusted. To make a bet, both parties would have to agree on an information source to decide the outcome of the bet, or for extra security 2 or 3 information sources that would all have to agree on the outcome.
Theoretically, the trusted information source, say ESPN could get in on the bet and alter the published outcome so they win, but the trust they would lose would be worth much more than any amount of money they could win in a single bet. Also using more than one information source would minimize this possibility forward.

The only crucial component that must be trustless and decentralised is the actual entity holding and sending the money to the winner (ie an AT in the blockchain).

At for that is impossible. It can not get data from a website. Perhaps a voting system to declare who won is possible, using PoS, but that will not go well, as big holders can do a big bet and then they have more burst so have a higher voting power
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Would it be possible for anyone to create an AT that allows automated sports betting by using a results API from ESPN? Would of been awesome to of bet BURST on the outcome of the superbowl. I would of lost though  Grin

Here's the problem.. maybe not unsolvable and would be curious to hear your thoughts.  How can you get in the decentralized results into the blockchain in a trustless manner?  Or would you prefer to trust a message coming from a specific address, such as ESPN?

My thought is that maybe you could pay miners to pull in the data and use a decentralized feed, that operates similar to the decentralized timestamps.  Probably could even all pull from the same feed.  Would need to allow miners to say that they don't want to participate though or you could have bigger problems.
I'm no expert nor a programmer so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

I don't believe it's necessary that the information source used to decide the outcome of the bet be decentralised, only trusted. To make a bet, both parties would have to agree on an information source to decide the outcome of the bet, or for extra security 2 or 3 information sources that would all have to agree on the outcome.
Theoretically, the trusted information source, say ESPN could get in on the bet and alter the published outcome so they win, but the trust they would lose would be worth much more than any amount of money they could win in a single bet. Also using more than one information source would minimize this possibility forward.

The only crucial component that must be trustless and decentralised is the actual entity holding and sending the money to the winner (ie an AT in the blockchain).
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
FYI.

I've been quite active in this thread, many would prolly say too active (including myself Wink ) But due to severe health issues, I've to concentrate more on other things for the time being. I could make this too long a post again (as I already done too many times), but three things needs to be said: 1) We have 17 other members in the "teams", not three or five. 17 dedicated members; 2) I'm quite big holder of burst but no sell-order will be mine, and 3) for as long it is possible, I'll hang around here in this thread and at btt - even make a post or two Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

My thought is that maybe you could pay miners to pull in the data and use a decentralized feed, that operates similar to the decentralized timestamps.  Probably could even all pull from the same feed.  Would need to allow miners to say that they don't want to participate though or you could have bigger problems.

Great idea!! Just wish I was knowledgeable enough to know how to make it work!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Nice comment , I follow BURST and XMG as well , they have real idea , algo , and value and at the right moment the market will explode Smiley

Cool~~ same to me, I like both BURST and XMG  Grin

I'd be a little wary of XMG.. I don't see how they actually achieve ASIC resistance in any sort of way that can last.  If they get to BTC size.. you can totally start mining with ASICs.  Just can't start them up all at once or have them mine to the same address if you have a big ASIC farm/pool... but does that really stop them?  idk.. I don't buy it.  And since they are using Proof of Stake.. they have the same blockchain trimming problem.  I'm convinced it's impossible to trim the Proof of Stake blockchain with nearly the same level of trust and compression you can get from POC or POW.

Burst is still my favorite coin by far.  More energy efficient as well.. it can mine in the background and doesn't need your CPU constantly running at full power 24/7 to mine either.

Change XMG to XMR for the win Smiley
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Nice comment , I follow BURST and XMG as well , they have real idea , algo , and value and at the right moment the market will explode Smiley

Cool~~ same to me, I like both BURST and XMG  Grin

I'd be a little wary of XMG.. I don't see how they actually achieve ASIC resistance in any sort of way that can last.  If they get to BTC size.. you can totally start mining with ASICs.  Just can't start them up all at once or have them mine to the same address if you have a big ASIC farm/pool... but does that really stop them?  idk.. I don't buy it.  And since they are using Proof of Stake.. they have the same blockchain trimming problem.  I'm convinced it's impossible to trim the Proof of Stake blockchain with nearly the same level of trust and compression you can get from POC or POW.

Burst is still my favorite coin by far.  More energy efficient as well.. it can mine in the background and doesn't need your CPU constantly running at full power 24/7 to mine either.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Would it be possible for anyone to create an AT that allows automated sports betting by using a results API from ESPN? Would of been awesome to of bet BURST on the outcome of the superbowl. I would of lost though  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Activity: 248
I'm not real

Stopped at Fast block for fastblock but waited 2 minutes:

btw, there's a setting to control the 2 min wait time.  its 2000 milliseconds by default if I recall correctly, but you can lower it.
Activity: 140
is there another fork hapening now?
my wallet is not consistent, for example noticed a difference on block 70125

this info http://burstcoin.eu/block/8988347699161693125 is not what is in my wallet...

anyone else seeing discrepancies?

Interesting.

My Wallet:
Payload Length:   176
Total Amount NQT:   42785896496
Generator:   13465607760192201497
Generator Public Key:   7d4f7107c919cd1c610577075323a23e0c2094b136d418407944a66a74ea5f5a
Base Target:   1446470
Generator RS:   BURST-ZSST-X9ZH-7F97-DLVRP
block_reward:   7350
Next Block:   8106475507075994568
request_processing_time:   1
scoop_num:   3933
Number of Transactions:   1
Block Signature:   3a8d0ff7ca7cfb8f39153ae7efeb2d6751d1859ef670ab427e77e525b58b3d0994f27aae8daa76a 4a227025ff338e7c07465ce8b6ef18f65cf55529e89432de1
nonce:   120576096
Version:   3
Total Fee NQT:   100000000
Previous Block:   5458342756169498915
Height:   70125
Timestamp:   16982025

BurstCoin.eu
umber Of Transactions   0
Total Amount   0.00000000 Burst (0.00000000 BTC)
Transaction Fees   0 Burst
Timestamp   2015-02-23 16:12:44
Generator   BURST-QR5K-FFHZ-3RCD-9SL7T
Block Generation Time   2.52 minutes
Base Target   1427836
Size   0.00 KB
Version   3
Nonce   476128634
Block Reward   7,350.00 Burst

Bunch of weird stuff.  So, who's right?
I have 52 connected peers, 71/79 are up-to-date.   The other 8 are still using various wallets back to 1.1.0... I wish the wallet would auto ban them,  maybe it's a setting in the conf file

There really is no point in growing too fast, PR is great but growing to fast before a solid foundation is formed is going to be very painful.  Technical issues like this should be put to bed.  Again, I am all for PR campaigns, but the more people that come into this community who are not very tech savy the more people who are going to have a bad first impression.

The above example seems like a fundamental crypto-currency issue.  I'm re-quoting because I don't want this to get buried underneath PR high-fiving.

Yep, exactly! If i got a friend to try this, he would give up within 20 minutes! Other people out there need a click and run program.

@crow can you give us more stats on burst.ninja? Balance for example like cryptomining.farm. Maybe next to total payout.
Jump to: