Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 394. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Fair decision, Crowetic  , moving all my accounts at burst.ninja today...
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
-[ANN of changes to ByteEnterprises' Pools]-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
notifications for new http://burst.ninja  (old burst.ga pool moved domains)

We have made some changes so that the miners on the pools will not notice any downtime.

We have also made changes to the payout system to rely more on the block finder, and we're working on a way to make things a little more beneficial for smaller miners.

We have made the new deadline for submission of shares 45 days instead of 30.

We have made minimum payouts 450 BURST.

We have done this based on suggestions of our miners, because we care. Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

notifications for beta pool (http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124)

We will be removing this pool to focus solely on one pool, making it the best, then if we eventually need to expand, will do so. For now, one pool is easier and better for everyone.

everyone mining on the pool should switch over to http://burst.ninja as soon as possible.

The beta pool will be taken offline in 3 days. Thank you for your contributions there, and the
50k bonus will be paid to burst.ninja pool.

So, in 3 days, beta pool off, and 100k bonus payout to ninja pool will happen shortly after that. Not exactly sure on date, but we're coding the new bonus distribution methods.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Hello,

Is there any way to open the wallet without writing the secret passphrase ? Like in "read only" mode?
As each action on the wallet need passphrase, it should not be a problem, and better, prevent keylogger utilisation to steal passphrase when there is no reason to write it.

You can save your passphrase on email,or text file,and just copy/paste it Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Advance block will run ats if they should be run(sufficient balance, not in sleep status, etc). Run/step into/step over are controls for when it breaks mid-advance.

if you put a large number in balance and hit enter it should stick. (balances are represented as they are internally, so 1 coin is 100000000). send tx dialogue message field is optional and expects any input to be hex.

Thanks, hitting return in the Balance field was the key thing I was missing.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hello,

Is there any way to open the wallet without writing the secret passphrase ? Like in "read only" mode?
As each action on the wallet need passphrase, it should not be a problem, and better, prevent keylogger utilisation to steal passphrase when there is no reason to write it.
Activity: 275
Is anyone using Blago's miner with vista 64 / windows 7?

I have two pc's and have tried it on both, but if running on either one all the
system ram 16GB gets eaten up and then it crashes, I can only get it to run
for about 20-40 mins.

Any ideas?

I read somewhere that it could be due to drive caching, not directly the miner itself.
Runarufu miner works well without ram issues, but wanted to compare performance.

Activity: 280
How do I get the debugger to run the ATs?  The "Add AT" button seems to work, and I've dragged the assembly from the two examples into the resulting windows.  The "Run" etc. buttons are grayed out, and stay that way no matter what I've tried so far.  Advance block seems to have no effect, and anything I put in the "Balance" field gets zeroed out when I advance or undo the blockchain.  The "Send Tx" dialogs don't seem to do anything.  No errors are reported in the terminal I launch the debugger from, but there are some "Vector" messages, which I assume result from the assembly of the machine code.

Running on ubuntu trusty, with jdk1.8.0_25

Advance block will run ats if they should be run(sufficient balance, not in sleep status, etc). Run/step into/step over are controls for when it breaks mid-advance.

if you put a large number in balance and hit enter it should stick. (balances are represented as they are internally, so 1 coin is 100000000). send tx dialogue message field is optional and expects any input to be hex.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Heh. I just discovered that I am somewhat of a BURST Whale ok maybe a Baby Whale Smiley  Come on guys don't let this knuckle-dragger outdo you!
[---]
Week of stats... 360 blocks per day, 2520 per week. 2500 points of data is not by any means a small pool.
[---]

Are you serious...?

That is a tiny pool a data; even a year of data wouldn't be enough to draw any definitive conclusions (and. yes, I know there are pseudo-scientist claiming the opposite but they are simply ignorant). Ofc you can be correct but that would be like winning the Euro-lotto: pure damn luck and nothing but that.

Sir you haven't taken any stats courses. Statistics is not a 'pseudoscience'. You don't have a chance on average of winning the lottery twice a day and then it doesn't happen 70% of the time for a week. Two times a day was based on peak network usage as well (17PB). A year worth of stats based on that would mean the calculator is essentially wrong at that point or something is seriously influencing your distribution.

Get back in a year.

I did, of course, not mean that statistics as such is pseudo, but everyone understanding stats are extremely careful drawing conclusions from small datasets (or even large...), bur you aren't. I've plenty of stats in my education, but what I do know you lack a deeper understanding of both statistics and very, very basic logic.

Get back in six months.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

if you have Hundreds of GPU,
your business model could be to plot for third part users...
 and to get paid for this!!!

Wink

Not an option. No demand on such service.

perhaps because no one has yet proposed ...
or perhaps because no one can provide it!

Activity: 328
@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

Wink

Not an option. No demand on such service.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
@FakeAccount

Wink
Activity: 256
[---]
Week of stats... 360 blocks per day, 2520 per week. 2500 points of data is not by any means a small pool.
[---]

Are you serious...?

That is a tiny pool a data; even a year of data wouldn't be enough to draw any definitive conclusions (and. yes, I know there are pseudo-scientist claiming the opposite but they are simply ignorant). Ofc you can be correct but that would be like winning the Euro-lotto: pure damn luck and nothing but that.

Sir you haven't taken any stats courses. Statistics is not a 'pseudoscience'. You don't have a chance on average of winning the lottery twice a day and then it doesn't happen 70% of the time for a week. Two times a day was based on peak network usage as well (17PB). A year worth of stats based on that would mean the calculator is essentially wrong at that point or something is seriously influencing your distribution.

Three days ago I found 5 blocks, the day after that I also found 5 blocks. Since then I haven't found any, and I haven't submitted any logs to Blago. Unless the logs you're submitting include your wallet passphrase, there is absolutely zero sensitive information in the log files - and if you're posting your passphrase anywhere you're a moron thats gets what they deserve.

And that's less then half a weeks worth of data. You also did not list your plot sizes so there is no way of knowing if two blocks is a lot or a little for you. Because finding all the passphrases in a 20MB txt file always happens and you're a 'moron' if you miss any part of it. Blago could easily split your passphrase up or use a cipher and there is no way of knowing if he didn't distribute it over the log file at that point.

It may not even have anything to do with the log files, he posts custom built .exes all over. He sent me a second one yesterday to try out, which at this point I'm going to decline, and there was another one in the thread a week ago, that fixes... something? There is more then one way to get a hold of sensitive information.

Your log files do not contain "secret" information (you deleted it).
The only thing that is clear of them - is the process of working miner, programs creates them just for that.
The source code of the program you can see https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst, you can see it, check and compile.

Now I'm working on a new version of the program as soon as the update the https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst

only a side remark to information theory from my observer perspective without saying anyone does this currently.

if someone wants to leak data through unsensitive log files it is possible to code any information into regular looking log data.
without knowing the coding table it is impossible to detect that there is invisible information transfered.
for burst a really simple solution could be to use the blockheight as reference and then hide one byte of data within the additional information created for this block in the log.
a simple way would be to use 3 decimals on a percentage value which normally looks reliable for that block. this in combination with the blockheight and a secret coding table could transfer out almost any passphrase with log entries within less than a day of mining.
to hide it more you may split this between several number values or create a checksum based attempt.
in other words in crypto i personally can even not trust sourcecode i have personally reviewed (you may use a similar approach within sourcecode if you construct complex enough objects) but i have many coins and nothing happened so far.
Activity: 416
[---]
[---]

Are you serious...?

Three days ago I found 5 blocks, the day after that I also found 5 blocks. Since then I haven't found any, and I haven't submitted any logs to Blago. Unless the logs you're submitting include your wallet passphrase, there is absolutely zero sensitive information in the log files - and if you're posting your passphrase anywhere you're a moron thats gets what they deserve.

And that's less then half a weeks worth of data. You also did not list your plot sizes so there is no way of knowing if two blocks is a lot or a little for you. Because finding all the passphrases in a 20MB txt file always happens and you're a 'moron' if you miss any part of it. Blago could easily split your passphrase up or use a cipher and there is no way of knowing if he didn't distribute it over the log file at that point.

It may not even have anything to do with the log files, he posts custom built .exes all over. He sent me a second one yesterday to try out, which at this point I'm going to decline, and there was another one in the thread a week ago, that fixes... something? There is more then one way to get a hold of sensitive information.

Your log files do not contain "secret" information (you deleted it).
The only thing that is clear of them - is the process of working miner, programs creates them just for that.
The source code of the program you can see https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst, you can see it, check and compile.

Now I'm working on a new version of the program as soon as the update the https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst
Activity: 423
[---]
[---]

Are you serious...?

Ha~~ Too bad then, Blago should not post the 21.5TB address, there is a trace to your pool's BURST ID..... from GOOGLE  Grin
it's small pool, hardware do not allow to handle requests from many miners...

Just found this Russian article: http://www.moneynews.ru/News/19214/

Does anyone know if it is positive, negative, neutral or just a translated press release?

translated press release.
From here http://www.criptomoney.com/burst-dognat-i-peregnat-efirium/   (Translation avaible)

Thanks  Smiley
Just found this Russian article: http://www.moneynews.ru/News/19214/

Does anyone know if it is positive, negative, neutral or just a translated press release?

translated press release.
From here http://www.criptomoney.com/burst-dognat-i-peregnat-efirium/   (Translation avaible)
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

The PoC verification hashes your account id and nonce from the block and uses that when calculating/checking your deadline. If someone tried to swap out the account id it'd result in a completely different hash and therefore a completely different deadline. Only the account id in the block's reward recipient can receive the block reward.

Coins definitely make you paranoid the more you get fucked by them. I was under the impression in the mining phase the miner finds a specific hash with your account number that it's looking for and then sends it to the wallet, but after it finds it you've pretty much 'solved' things and the answer is submitted to the wallet.

I think several folks posting here are not quite well versed in how math, blockchains, crypto, mining etc... all work in relationship to one another.

we have folks who don't understand  what variance is ("luck" in laymens terms) and freak out and start saying things that border on slander and unfounded accusations.  albeit, I can concede that lack of knowledge (aka ignorance) easily explains their behavior.

Week of stats... 360 blocks per day, 2520 per week. 2500 points of data is not by any means a small pool. If things balanced out I should've been hitting ~two blocks per day (this is with 17PB). Law of large numbers (randomness does not make things inherently completely random). Lack of knowledge when it comes to stats is also considered ignorance.

You're not the only one that can fling poo bro and there is plenty of evidence in the BTC forums of backstabbing, scamming, and stealing, including creative ways of doing it that people didn't think could be done in the first place (There are plenty of miners that had hidden 'fees'). That is by no means in short supply. Paranoia in this case is much more helpful then a lack of it as more people can pool their points of data and it can be discussed further. That's the whole reason I brought it to light here. Even if it seems like it's not feasible, if other people have also experienced a similar drop in income after submitting logs to Blago it should be looked at thoroughly. Ignorance would be ignoring such a trend because he's 'reputable', whatever that means in the BTC forums. Because he makes a miner people use and depend on he should receive even more scrutiny as you're essentially giving him access to all your sensitive bits of information.

I found two blocks so far already today just to add more anecdotal evidence after switching to a pool.

[---]
[---]

Are you serious...?

Jump to: