Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 396. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real

it is the real Achilles heel...

no its not!

I think several folks posting here are not quite well versed in how math, blockchains, crypto, mining etc... all work in relationship to one another.

we have folks who don't understand  what variance is ("luck" in laymens terms) and freak out and start saying things that border on slander and unfounded accusations.  albeit, I can concede that lack of knowledge (aka ignorance) easily explains their behavior.

on the non-heel issue comment: if plotting took 10 seconds, it would mean that more hashing power can quickly come online and you then need to hash 10 seconds times 1000 iterations (1000 drives for ex)  to get to a hashing level that can produce burst.   everything here is goverened by an algo that is well known and you can't speed something up without the algo adjusting to keep things running at a defined "pace"

Fast plotting puts POC mining out of the game in a second.
no it doesn't, faster plotting would increase the size of the network very quickly in short term, but more plots would be created, negating the faster plotting.

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

If 1Tb is plotted in 10 sec (theoretically), with CPU or GPU, whatever, that will lead to issue that capacity is pointless.
In time of 4 mins, that will be 24Tb of hdd simulated on 1 other device, cpu/gpu whatever.
One cpu/gpu costs far far less than 6x4Tb hdd drives.
So, when "issue" of plotting is solved, in this type of mining, complete idea will be history. That won't be BURST as we know it.
I'm pretty sure I remember that OP has addressed this question on this very thread previously.  Look it up.

what you are saying is different from just speeding up plotting to a disk.  you are discussing simulating POC on the fly (some kind of an ASIC for burst)
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

no its not!

I think several folks posting here are not quite well versed in how math, blockchains, crypto, mining etc... all work in relationship to one another.

we have folks who don't understand  what variance is ("luck" in laymens terms) and freak out and start saying things that border on slander and unfounded accusations.  albeit, I can concede that lack of knowledge (aka ignorance) easily explains their behavior.

on the non-heel issue comment: if plotting took 10 seconds, it would mean that more hashing power can quickly come online and you then need to hash 10 seconds times 1000 iterations (1000 drives for ex)  to get to a hashing level that can produce burst.   everything here is goverened by an algo that is well known and you can't speed something up without the algo adjusting to keep things running at a defined "pace"

no it doesn't, faster plotting would increase the size of the network very quickly in short term, but more plots would be created, negating the faster plotting.

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

If 1Tb is plotted in 10 sec (theoretically), with CPU or GPU, whatever, that will lead to issue that capacity is pointless.
In time of 4 mins, that will be 24Tb of hdd simulated on 1 other device, cpu/gpu whatever.
So, when "issue" of plotting is solved, in this type of mining, complete idea will be history. That won't be BURST as we know it.

Don't hold your breath waiting for fictional stories to come true.
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

no its not!

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

I'm not real

no its not!

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

no its not!

Activity: 462
Nice to see some sensible answers here.

We have a week of stats, and we have eternity. Go figure variance.

Activity: 129
I think a lot of people are used to POW algorithm variance levels.  Have a look at the Bitcoin or Litecoin difficulty charts over time, they are fairly stable.  Now look at the Burstcoin difficulty a.k.a network size charts over time.  Burst varies significantly more, we could spend 2 days mining at 14PB network size and then 1 day at 8PB.  This cycle is very repeatable.  I would also guess that it correlates very nicely with the days that people solve many blocks and the days that people only solve a few blocks.

I'm not real

no its not!

Activity: 126
Actually, I sent also log to Blago at the very beginning of burst mining.
And I am not ok with "luck" I have mining burst.

Considering to re-plot also my hdds also I considered to use different addr for each server.
You just made me paranoid more than usually I am.

And I am have bad "luck".  Grin

I must replot all my plots?

http://burstcoin.eu/address/17930413153828766298
21.5 Tb

paranoics everywhere
 Grin

hi blago!!!

i think burst plotting,
maybee with the introduction of POC2 we can short this step!!!

i think to plot 24tb (6X4TB) with a i7 4770,
you will need al least 6 days!!!!

Activity: 416

Considering to re-plot also my hdds also I considered to use different addr for each server.

And I am have bad "luck".  Grin

I must replot all my plots?

http://burstcoin.eu/address/17930413153828766298
21.5 Tb

paranoics everywhere
 Grin

Activity: 280
Just pointing out what I'm seeing here and what I've been doing.

I can't see how anyone can steal your deadlines as:
  • they are calculated using your accountID and nonce (and that block info)
  • rewards are sent to your account's reward-recipient as recorded in the blockchain

Most pools won't let you connect, or submit nonces, if your reward recipient isn't set to that pool.

I do find your terminology confusing, e.g. "my deadlines are much lower now then they were when I mined solo".
You should get the same ballpark deadlines, regardless of pool or solo mining, they definitely shouldn't be much lower if you switch.
Lower deadlines are good though, right?

Which version of Blago's miner are you using?
Also, which pool are you using?

I've not seen any issues with Blago's miner on http://burst.ninja/ pool so maybe the issue is with the pool?

Aye, you should have the same deadlines relatively speaking solo and pool mining... right? But that's not what was happening.

No, you won't get the same deadlines relatively speaking, you will actually get the same exact deadlines. Whether you are solo or pool mining has no impact at all on what number are used and what work is done, the only differences are what key the block needs to be signed with, and which account receives the reward.

Well I suppose that if bensam sent Blago his passphrase that Blago could've changed reward recipient to him. However, I presume that bensam was still receiving coins, so that would mean that Blago had to have set up a private pool to pay bensam something. Seems like too much of a hassle to me, not to mention that I believe Blago would've informed Bensam about his mistake (if bensam sent him the passphrase), and not exploited his passphrase for anything.

Tldr, I think you bensam are safe and just had weird coincidences.

However, if your skepticism gets the best of you change your account and replot.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to check my reward recipient a few days ago, it was still set to me. There is no way for the miner to send the verified chunk to someone else? If all it looks for is a specific hash, instead of submitting it to your wallet, it could send it to a different wallet. If the miner finds it and the hashing is already done, it already has all the information, unless I'm not understanding this properly. This is no different then a man in the middle attack.

In that case he wouldn't even need access to my wallet, he'd just need some way of locating me on the net. Replotting actually wouldn't change anything if this is the case as it has nothing to do with the wallet.

Blago made the miner and knows exactly how it works, it's possible for him to intercept the information that goes through it. Unfortunately there aren't many other options available in terms of miners. Maybe I'll try Urays later tonight and hop on his pool.

Perhaps it is just a set of weird coincidences, but the BTC community has definitely made me very paranoid as stuff like this isn't rare or far fetched. The GPU forums were full of miner devs that felt entitled to anything that went through their programs. There are some good ones, but that isn't all of them by any means.

The PoC verification hashes your account id and nonce from the block and uses that when calculating/checking your deadline. If someone tried to swap out the account id it'd result in a completely different hash and therefore a completely different deadline. Only the account id in the block's reward recipient can receive the block reward.

Activity: 423
Just pointing out what I'm seeing here and what I've been doing.

• rewards are sent to your account's reward-recipient as recorded in the blockchain

Most pools won't let you connect, or submit nonces, if your reward recipient isn't set to that pool.

I do find your terminology confusing, e.g. "my deadlines are much lower now then they were when I mined solo".
You should get the same ballpark deadlines, regardless of pool or solo mining, they definitely shouldn't be much lower if you switch.

I've not seen any issues with Blago's miner on http://burst.ninja/ pool so maybe the issue is with the pool?

Aye, you should have the same deadlines relatively speaking solo and pool mining... right? But that's not what was happening.

Well I suppose that if bensam sent Blago his passphrase that Blago could've changed reward recipient to him. However, I presume that bensam was still receiving coins, so that would mean that Blago had to have set up a private pool to pay bensam something. Seems like too much of a hassle to me, not to mention that I believe Blago would've informed Bensam about his mistake (if bensam sent him the passphrase), and not exploited his passphrase for anything.

However, if your skepticism gets the best of you change your account and replot.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to check my reward recipient a few days ago, it was still set to me. There is no way for the miner to send the verified chunk to someone else? If all it looks for is a specific hash, instead of submitting it to your wallet, it could send it to a different wallet. If the miner finds it and the hashing is already done, it already has all the information, unless I'm not understanding this properly. This is no different then a man in the middle attack.

In that case he wouldn't even need access to my wallet, he'd just need some way of locating me on the net. Replotting actually wouldn't change anything if this is the case as it has nothing to do with the wallet.

Blago made the miner and knows exactly how it works, it's possible for him to intercept the information that goes through it. Unfortunately there aren't many other options available in terms of miners. Maybe I'll try Urays later tonight and hop on his pool.

Perhaps it is just a set of weird coincidences, but the BTC community has definitely made me very paranoid as stuff like this isn't rare or far fetched. The GPU forums were full of miner devs that felt entitled to anything that went through their programs. There are some good ones, but that isn't all of them by any means.

I have 240Tb in plot files, and doing solo.
Look at my chart:
http://burstcoin.eu/address/chart/forged-blocks/3000267896029333778

Can you see periods I get 3-4 blocks/day ?
Mind that 240 is 4 times MORE than 55Tb.

It is a matter of luck.

Yes, that's why I gave it a week, it evens out over time, as do all stats. According to the calc I should have made 3x as many coins as I did. The week before I made 1.15x the amount I should have. There is variance in all stats, but this much variation points at something else.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500

Now at 33% funded. I still need your help!

Please futher support my new crowdfund project:
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx
Also two sub 1000 deadlines since switching from solo to pool... WTF?!?!

Is it possible for someone to 'steal' your deadlines or have them redirected to somewhere else? Maybe I'll have to replot. That's a lot of fucking time (take close to two weeks including optimizing). This started happening after I sent Blago my log files last Friday and I haven't seen such low deadlines since. I know he's a reputable member of the community, that's why I sent him my logs, and I haven't mentioned names till now, but seriously, this looks really weird. My 55TB was putting out at least two blocks per day, sometimes 4-5 before I sent him my logs. I've held off saying anything because I was waiting for things to equalize (unlucky days), but I've given it a week. I'd highly suggest NOT sending Blago your log files, also if you've had similar experiences, please list them. Before I sent them I removed all 'secrets' in them as well with a find/replace, but there is so much crap in log files it's easy for information to get lost in there and not see it.

I'm all for giving developers donations and what not, and it's great he made a miner, but this isn't the first time I've seen something like this happen nor I doubt the last time, if my deadlines are indeed getting hijacked (very similar things happened in the GPU mining arena over the last year). I sent him my logs on 2/13 @ 9am~

Maybe this is just coincidence? Maybe just realllllly bad luck? But with 55TB I should be finding much more then what I was and switching to a pool seems to have given me good deadlines back, which makes it even more questionable. I'm not for lambasting someone without reason, but you have to admit this looks really suspicious and I don't know enough about the technicalities of Burst to know the limitations of stealing your 'hash' so to speak.

Edit: Three sub 1000 deadlines now.

I have 240Tb in plot files, and doing solo.
Look at my chart:
http://burstcoin.eu/address/chart/forged-blocks/3000267896029333778

Can you see periods I get 3-4 blocks/day ?
Mind that 240 is 4 times MORE than 55Tb.

It is a matter of luck.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Five sub 1000 now.

Edit: Six...
Also two sub 1000 deadlines since switching from solo to pool... WTF?!?!

Is it possible for someone to 'steal' your deadlines or have them redirected to somewhere else? Maybe I'll have to replot. That's a lot of fucking time (take close to two weeks including optimizing). This started happening after I sent Blago my log files last Friday and I haven't seen such low deadlines since. I know he's a reputable member of the community, that's why I sent him my logs, and I haven't mentioned names till now, but seriously, this looks really weird. My 55TB was putting out at least two blocks per day, sometimes 4-5 before I sent him my logs. I've held off saying anything because I was waiting for things to equalize (unlucky days), but I've given it a week. I'd highly suggest NOT sending Blago your log files, also if you've had similar experiences, please list them. Before I sent them I removed all 'secrets' in them as well with a find/replace, but there is so much crap in log files it's easy for information to get lost in there and not see it.

I'm all for giving developers donations and what not, and it's great he made a miner, but this isn't the first time I've seen something like this happen nor I doubt the last time, if my deadlines are indeed getting hijacked (very similar things happened in the GPU mining arena over the last year). I sent him my logs on 2/13 @ 9am~

Maybe this is just coincidence? Maybe just realllllly bad luck? But with 55TB I should be finding much more then what I was and switching to a pool seems to have given me good deadlines back, which makes it even more questionable. I'm not for lambasting someone without reason, but you have to admit this looks really suspicious and I don't know enough about the technicalities of Burst to know the limitations of stealing your 'hash' so to speak.

Edit: Three sub 1000 deadlines now.
Jump to: