Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 398. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
LuckyAT Quick Guide

1. Click here: http://burstcoin.info/d/lo/ and download the zip.

2. Open the zip and extract the html file (atlotteries.html).

3. Place atlotteries.html in your wallet, inside folder /[wallet]/html/ui/

4. Open your wallet with your password.

5. Copy/paste, or write, atlotteries.html at the end of the wallet's URL; it should look like this:
- http://localhost:8125/atlotteries.html
or
- http://127.0.0.1:8125/atlotteries.html

6. On the page opened, on the left side you will see the lottery running now as a long number.

7.Click that number, and click "Buy Ticket".

8. On the pop-up, the total amount will say 201500000000, but the actual cost is 2015 BURST

9. Enter your password and press "Buy Ticket". 2015 BURST will be deducted from your wallet's amount, and after awhile you will see if you got a higher ticket number than the one currently winning.

10. Done. But you can buy as many ticket you like.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
-[burst.ga domain name change notification]-

I have added the server for burst.ga pool to another domain while we sort out the issues with the current one.

the new domain is http://burst.ninja

burst.ga should still work once we get the issues that are currently affecting it resolved, but until then, please use http://burst.ninja

I may end up keeping the pool here as well, we will see what happens. Thanks!
legendary
-[ANN for ByteEnterprises' pools]-

New updates pushed, and more changes on the way. Addition of difficulty, however currently reading base target, will be changed soon.

-Payout system for burst.ga being changed to benefit SMALLER MINERS a bit more. Based on comments from some people mining on the pool.

-250 minimum payout limit

-45 day minimum now on shares received

-percentage payout restructuring to give the smaller guys a bit more.

These things will happen fairly soon, I will post again with an edit to this post when everything is complete. Thanks!

***notice - I received notice from burst.ga's host, telling me that there will be maintenance today and there may be connectivity issues today. If you notice issues, please use direct IP to connect... http://192.198.95.54:8124

Thanks!***

Also, if you check block ex, you will see that the bonus payouts have been sent to both pool wallets, but currently the pool code doesn't send out the money, I had forgotten about that feature, and am currently having the code modified to send out the payments to the miners, but this is not first on the priority list as I now have a down DNS provider to deal with as well

The issues turned out to be non-related to the maintenance on the host, and instead found to be the PAID DNS provider, I'm not very happy about this, doing what I can to get it changed over, but if their stuff is too fucked, I may not be able to until later.

Sorry for the problems, but on the bright side, the pool code itself is getting stronger by the day, and has been proven to be much more stable. Soon it will be stable 100% of the time, and now I just have to worry about the stupid DNS provider. How annoying.

can't connect to the IP either...

it should be working fine, please try again, in the mean time, I'm working on switching over to another domain that I own because we've found there are multiple issues at play here, and one is tied to the domain itself. Very annoying, I will let everyone know when I have made the upates. Thanks!
legendary
I am sorry to say that it appears that bitronictech.org (aka Bryan Appelson) seems to have *imploded* so ciyam.org is not working (this doesn't just affect AT it means I can't even do email thanks to this clown).

You can google about them and see others have complained how bad his service has become (my guess is that he has gone bankrupt).

I will try and sort out a new VPS for ciyam.org ASAP so please be patient in the meantime (I will give @vbcs the relevant web pages to put somewhere else if need be).

aren't hosting issues fun? I've got a slew of them to deal with myself right now. yay!
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I am sorry to say that it appears that bitronictech.org (aka Bryan Appelson) seems to have *imploded* so ciyam.org is not working (this doesn't just affect AT it means I can't even do email thanks to this clown).

You can google about them and see others have complained how bad his service has become (my guess is that he has gone bankrupt).

I will try and sort out a new VPS for ciyam.org ASAP so please be patient in the meantime (I will give @vbcs the relevant web pages to put somewhere else if need be).
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Automated Transactions seems like an awesome thing, but I can't really find info on that. How does the script run on the blockchain? Does it wait for certain blocks to be solved to release payment? Is this tech applicable to other coins/algos/blockchains?

The AT script is announced with a createAT transaction, which sets up a new account that the script controls. Once a transaction is sent to the AT's account it will start to run the next block. There is a fee charged for each operation the AT does. If the AT runs out of funds it will stop until more are sent. If the AT hits the max steps per block it will resume the next block. The AT script can stop itself with stop/finish or sleep commands. If it runs stop or finish it will stop until a transaction is sent to it, then it will resume. If the AT runs the sleep command it specifies a number of blocks, then after that many pass by it will resume. Technical details can be found here: http://ciyam.org/at/

Currently burst is the only coin with ATs, but Qora will be getting it soon also. CIYAM has been offering a bounty for it to be implemented in a btc-based coin, but no one's taken him up on it yet.

Thank you for the explanation and the documentation about it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

New updates pushed, and more changes on the way. Addition of difficulty, however currently reading base target, will be changed soon.

-Payout system for burst.ga being changed to benefit SMALLER MINERS a bit more. Based on comments from some people mining on the pool.

These things will happen fairly soon, I will post again with an edit to this post when everything is complete. Thanks!

***notice - I received notice from burst.ga's host, telling me that there will be maintenance today and there may be connectivity issues today. If you notice issues, please use direct IP to connect... http://192.198.95.54:8124

Thanks!***

Also, if you check block ex, you will see that the bonus payouts have been sent to both pool wallets, but currently the pool code doesn't send out the money, I had forgotten about that feature, and am currently having the code modified to send out the payments to the miners, but this is not first on the priority list as I now have a down DNS provider to deal with as well

The issues turned out to be non-related to the maintenance on the host, and instead found to be the PAID DNS provider, I'm not very happy about this, doing what I can to get it changed over, but if their stuff is too fucked, I may not be able to until later.

Sorry for the problems, but on the bright side, the pool code itself is getting stronger by the day, and has been proven to be much more stable. Soon it will be stable 100% of the time, and now I just have to worry about the stupid DNS provider. How annoying.

can't connect to the IP either...
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

Crosspost about my zRMicroArray project and BURST conversion:

>Consider keeping donations in its denomination to honour their work
=Selling it means that more people could get it and it's spread trough a bigger community, more volume, less pumps and dumps, etc. It should stand 0.5 BTC dump or it's not going anywhere.
legendary

Thanks!***

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Please add speed as well (in case of overclocks), interfaces being used (3xsata2, 1xusb3, etc), optimized or no (assuming blank stagger sizes are optimized), number of miners running, lowest scan time/tb for one drive, number of drives (size, spindle speed, model), also state that each system should have a separate entry (top entry is eight separate systems).

More stats the better.

If this could be added to the opening post so more people populate it, it'd be great.

and please increase the comments field size (or auto-resize it).
And I have to say, this sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uaXMLjLt90Ms1oRjcjz-eYPOkARtNS8JdrKFKOJdg4o/edit?pli=1#gid=0

has much more info on it.
Activity: 99

Please add speed as well (in case of overclocks), interfaces being used (3xsata2, 1xusb3, etc), optimized or no (assuming blank stagger sizes are optimized), number of miners running, lowest scan time/tb for one drive, number of drives (size, spindle speed, model), also state that each system should have a separate entry (top entry is eight separate systems).

More stats the better.

If this could be added to the opening post so more people populate it, it'd be great.

top entry is a single system, 8x quadcore Opteron, hence the power draw.
deadlines are reported mostly within 55 seconds, its just that the last disk-set (miner instance) stops io at 108 seconds.
It is rather rare that any better deadline is found >60 seconds.
Had to grow my own awk-script for parsing the 15 miner log outputs to find that out.
Activity: 254
Streamies Rocks!!!!
What's with all the 0+0 0 transactions in the block chain?

Could you add your hardwares info here?

More stats the better.

To honor the 4 min average blocktime there will sometimes be empty blocks if no transactions are made.

Can I assume the empty blocks will not take up much space so will not create blockchain bloat?
Activity: 527
Merit: 500

More stats the better.

To honor the 4 min average blocktime there will sometimes be empty blocks if no transactions are made.
Activity: 423

More stats the better.

Activity: 619
Hi,
please support my new crowdfund project:
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

thx
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Athlon X4? Core2Duo / Pentium 2core?

Thanks

My computers has the following times:

Pentium G860 3Ghz  ( 3x 3TB ) 49s each  

I7-920 ( 5x 4TB ) 53s each

I5-4670 3,4Ghz ( 6x 4TB )  44s each

I7-4770K ( 3x 5TB ) 46s each

if you are running atom on linux ok..
if you are running windows, i think 4GB are not enough...

I Running Windows 8.1 in all PCs

I agree. An new OP with proper guides is needed, prolly even more than a GUI or new ATs.

A good description in a OP will do the needful.

Yes, a comprehensive OP is a MUST.

If it is a "must", what are you going to do to improve it? Waiting for someone else to do it for you while you make money off that improvement?

Sry for the tone - but we seem to have lost a bit of the unique community initiatives that was so important for BURST in the beginning... Perhaps because we today have a "dev team", a "PR team" and ppl improving software.

However, we still need ppl like uray and dcct. We do have equivalences to them - but way too few. As it has been said before:

Do not ask what BURST can do for you, ask what you can do for BURST

[---] Don't ever judge every other human beings with the same blessed life as you did...

I'm giving opinion for BURST benefit, but if you do not like to see such post, then I (maybe WE, because I see a lot of ppl gave opinion as well) shut up and sit tight~~ Thanks for your lesson, and hope BURST will go to moon with your lead  Wink
 your very concrete support/help

Thanks for your answer! As I stated, "Sry for the tone"; that might be a result of some frustration when a few enthusiasts are "expected" to deliver only great results, As burstdev did in August 2014, we now need need your very concrete help, even if tomorrow will bring a couple of nice news. Smiley
Activity: 714
I agree. An new OP with proper guides is needed, prolly even more than a GUI or new ATs.

If it is a "must", what are you going to do to improve it? Waiting for someone else to do it for you while you make money off that improvement?

Sry for the tone - but we seem to have lost a bit of the unique community initiatives that was so important for BURST in the beginning... Perhaps because we today have a "dev team", a "PR team" and ppl improving software.

However, we still need ppl like uray and dcct. We do have equivalences to them - but way too few. As it has been said before:

Yes, I know you did sacrifice a lot to BURST... But if you are really meant to ask ppl to work in order to improve BURST, then you should look for those 120TB / 50TB, and those who have a few mil BURST... To me, I'm still very new to this cryptocoin world, I don't have much BURST as well as BTC (so far I have $2 worth BTC)... But I like BURST and I will contribute whatever within my ability... Some of us have to work hard in order to survive, it is hard to compare the weight of contribution, see, there is a BURST miner going to sell his gadget at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10497114 for meal. Don't ever judge every other human beings with the same blessed life as you did...

I'm giving opinion for BURST benefit, but if you do not like to see such post, then I (maybe WE, because I see a lot of ppl gave opinion as well) shut up and sit tight~~ Thanks for your lesson, and hope BURST will go to moon with your lead  Wink

About LuckyAT

We have discussed changes and new forms of LuckyAT today. As you know, work is being done to make it much easier to use (and create) ATs (read: no more .html downloads). That also means the platform can offer much more.

Two points were raised regarding possibly changing LuckyAT:

1. To have much faster payout system. Today the winner gets she's/he's money about a week after the current LuckyAT. But this can be changed into faster payouts, like every 3rd day or even daily. A certain delay most exist so people have the time to buys their tickets though.

Which payout system would you prefer, fast, slow, or perhaps both?

2. To have different levels of price of tickets. Some people have few BURST, while some are whales. As changing the time for payout, it is also possible to create variances in ticket price.

How much should a ticket cost, according to you, to suit both regular gamblers, whales and the minor holders: 50 - 2,000 - 50,000, or something else?

We want to hear what you thing about this to suit as many as possible Smiley

Creating different prices for tickets and payout time, of course also means there will be more than one lottery running, so they have to be clearly marked and named.

An earlier comment of about not only showing remaining blocks, but an estimate of time until the draw will also be implemented - even if an exact number is hard to predict.

Please discuss this here, but we will also make threads at BurstForum.com, where you will be able to vote.

Here are the relevant threads on BF:

Background: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/burst-successively-launched-a-decentralized-lottery-pr-and-the-future.593/
The cost of tickets: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-vote-on-ticket-price.670/
The intervals of finding a winner: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-how-often-should-payouts-be.672/

You wanna influence how our lottery LuckyAT is re-designed? How often winners will be picked? how much you can bet with a single ticket? VOTE - links above! Smiley
Jump to: