Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 402. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500
thanks for the info.

if its not to complicate, i would prefer to have both options.

In my case, my project is now funded and thats perfect in one day. then this project could be closed, because i do not want to get more coins with this project and also it should not further show in the active projects.

I would perfer, if i hat the coins now available. atm i have now to wait 12 days, before the payout happens.

Modifing the atcrowdfund.html:
i think we will get in the near future much more projects, perhaps in the atcrowdfund.html the view active could be enhanded with a view active and not fully funded, to have a short solution to keep an overview over the cf projects.

also there should be an option to sort the projects in diffrent ways. One could be, sort by % funded descending.

btw: whos responsible for the atcrowdfund.html?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Is it usefull that if the project is with 100% fundet, people could still fund this project over 100% and the project waits the whole time until it defind end, or would it be better, if the project is 100% funded, that its over and there is a imitiat paypout?

perhaps there could be both cases available when a cf project ist startet?

It comes down to whether you want to minimise the fees as much as possible (which is why it works as it does now).

Currently it uses a clever "trick" to work super-efficiently by avoiding executing the machine code until the target block is reached (so although the % gets larger and larger no actual code is being executed while that is happening so it is tracking that progress "for free").

If we did change the behaviour (which of course could be done) then understand that it would cost everyone pledging or donating that little bit more (and waste more clock cycles for each node to verify the AT). This is due to a "min-fee" that is needed to cover any steps that are executed at each new block height.

I'm not sure if the button changes from Pledge to Donate automatically at 100% but if not that of course should be changed (luckily as that has nothing to do with the actual machine code that can be changed by updating the UI for that AT).
I got a question about the AT Crowdfunding Case.

Is it usefull that if the project is with 100% fundet, people could still fund this project over 100% and the project waits the whole time until it defind end, or would it be better, if the project is 100% funded, that its over and there is a imitiat paypout?

perhaps there could be both cases available when a cf project ist startet?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Check again, the new one if just a few minutes old, but please only download it you got problems getting it from your peers Smiley
Activity: 423
Does anyone have a updated DB? The one on the website is still dated 2/11.

So, it's definitely starting to look like somethings messed up here. Block 67854, I had a deadline of 754. Someone definitely could've beat me, but I'm going on two days now without finding a block and that's one I caught just by looking at the miner. I'm mining with 55TB. I've also seen other sub 1000 deadlines go by and no block. Generator for the block is: BURST-V2L3-CGNB-HQUD-4RUCN

I'm sorry if I misunderstands this but:

Would it not be better for BURST that, say,you stayed top25 instead of top10, and the supported the projects we so well need with the funds you have and will continue to get?

[---]

From what other projects do you actually speak? I see no other relevant crowedprojekts....

Many more will come. Most certainly a GUI CF as we included software guys today.

thats good. i will support this, because its really needed.

A GUI for mining/ploting, a different wallet which will it easier to run and participate in mining and ATs, and an online wallet are good guesses for coming CFs launched be the devs, along with many different lottery games. A promo-vid has also discussed but the question what impact they actually give.

Don't take the above as truth, it's just a guess of mine: Other CFs can come while others are removed.

As usual you can influence the choice of CF by speaking up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/
I'm sorry if I misunderstands this but:

Would it not be better for BURST that, say,you stayed top25 instead of top10, and the supported the projects we so well need with the funds you have and will continue to get?

[---]

From what other projects do you actually speak? I see no other relevant crowedprojekts....

Many more will come. Most certainly a GUI CF as we included software guys today.

thats good. i will support this, because its really needed.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
I for some reason since the last two wallet updates cannot get my wallet to run i keep getting java is not installed hit any key to continue I no I have it cause I re downloaded it twice and even did the stupid java test if someone could give me some advice that would be awesome thanks
Figured it out I had java8 and needed 7

Just to make sure: don't go and install 7.  You can change that .bat so it looks for and uses java8.  If you didn't already know that, let me know and I'll show ya what I mean Smiley
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I for some reason since the last two wallet updates cannot get my wallet to run i keep getting java is not installed hit any key to continue I no I have it cause I re downloaded it twice and even did the stupid java test if someone could give me some advice that would be awesome thanks
Figured it out I had java8 and needed 7
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
About LuckyAT

We have discussed changes and new forms of LuckyAT today. As you know, work is being done to make it much easier to use (and create) ATs (read: no more .html downloads). That also means the platform can offer much more.

Two points were raised regarding possibly changing LuckyAT:

1. To have much faster payout system. Today the winner gets she's/he's money about a week after the current LuckyAT. But this can be changed into faster payouts, like every 3rd day or even daily. A certain delay most exist so people have the time to buys their tickets though.

Which payout system would you prefer, fast, slow, or perhaps both?

2. To have different levels of price of tickets. Some people have few BURST, while some are whales. As changing the time for payout, it is also possible to create variances in ticket price.

How much should a ticket cost, according to you, to suit both regular gamblers, whales and the minor holders: 50 - 2,000 - 50,000, or something else?

We want to hear what you thing about this to suit as many as possible Smiley

Creating different prices for tickets and payout time, of course also means there will be more than one lottery running, so they have to be clearly marked and named.

An earlier comment of about not only showing remaining blocks, but an estimate of time until the draw will also be implemented - even if an exact number is hard to predict.

Please discuss this here, but we will also make threads at BurstForum.com, where you will be able to vote.

Here are the relevant threads on BF:

Background: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/burst-successively-launched-a-decentralized-lottery-pr-and-the-future.593/
The cost of tickets: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-vote-on-ticket-price.670/
The intervals of finding a winner: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-how-often-should-payouts-be.672/

Edit: links to voting

***bumpilybump***
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
https://twitter.com/kimdotcom/status/567435831451738113

Kim Dotcom: "The blockchain will play an important role and battery drain won't be an issue with hundreds of millions of phones carrying #MegaNet."

+1 - Anything that sticks it to the global corpo-fascist state!
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
https://twitter.com/kimdotcom/status/567435831451738113

Kim Dotcom: "The blockchain will play an important role and battery drain won't be an issue with hundreds of millions of phones carrying #MegaNet."
Activity: 588

The web wallet doesn't work the site is down, is there another one anywhere eles? Also, still not seeing any crowdfunding projects or a lottery etc thru my wallet. Any help much appreciated.

Is online wallet up and running? What is the URL?

Unfortunately, none are up as of yet. We are working on it though. Just some people are discussing the best way to approach the issue.

There are plenty...any of the big pool url's on port 8125 should be fine to use. burst.ga:8125 (guarantee there's no stealing gonna happen there) and pool.burstcoin.io:8125 that's uray, same as the old one. I am not sure about reward recipient setting being all local....so prolly don't do that on web wallet. Also, don't solo mine on web wallet, that's not a very nice thing to do.
Activity: 527

The web wallet doesn't work the site is down, is there another one anywhere eles? Also, still not seeing any crowdfunding projects or a lottery etc thru my wallet. Any help much appreciated.

Unfortunately, none are up as of yet. We are working on it though. Just some people are discussing the best way to approach the issue.
Activity: 714
I have just gone through the process of setting up a wallet for the first time, wow what an awful experience...

This should be your focus not a lottery, it took me over 40mins to download the blockchain to the 5th january and then the rest of the night to do the rest. The JAVA runtime that opens CMD seems to be bringing my netbook to its knees too.

You may ask why am i using a netbook, but the average user hasn't got the latest gaming PC like all the nerds who mine these coins. I only went through the process of setting up a wallet so i could store my coins, but i wish i hadn't i think i'll just leave them on an exchange and wait for them to hit 1 sat, cos this coin needs a LOT of work to be usable to even the most computer literate of us.

I lol'd
but there is some truth in your post. Hopefully some good GUI developers take their chances and get a good crowdfunding. The lottery was asked for by a lot of people... and here it is! I see it as the first implementation of the Automated Transactions and I'm okay with that. The Crowdfunding possibility has much more potential and dynamics. We'll see.

Is there any sort of timeline or schedule for any new developments to do with BURST?? Also is Ethereum a direct competitor, in which case, do you not think that they will release something that is really user friendly and BURST will just get left for dust, after all they have a lot of money backing them?

User friendliness is high on the list of priorities, however BURST does not have a fraction of Ethereum's resources at its disposal, yet we already have AT running. Also, I very much doubt that Ethereum will be so awesomely user friendly from the get go. It is done by techs, and it will be done for techs.

Most people who will mine have decent comps. The rest should at least be able to run the wallet.... run both nxt and burst always on my ultrabook...and it's a 1.60 i5(4gb ram), however, i have tried it on a machine wil great CPU but only 2gb ram....it was fine till i started doing other things....

I suggest you use a web wallet... i doubt u run a local btc wallet if burst is killing you!!!

Activity: 588
Members of PR Team, DevTeam and Softwhere Team

At the moment we have problems with the platform we are using. We have contacted support, but haven't got an answer. So it might a quite night

dont understand, whats happend? something bad? Sad

Not really, apparently the problem is specific to our newest team member Smiley

It is massive.....i can not talk to him because his connection to my coms platform is not working for him...

Oh, and Softwhere  =  software
Activity: 527

At the moment we have problems with the platform we are using. We have contacted support, but haven't got an answer. So it might a quite night

Not really, apparently the problem is specific to our newest team member Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

might be a quiet night.

PM that to M3ta Smiley
Jump to: