Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 406. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/How-To:CreatePublicNode - Works fine for me, you have been asking this question for about a month, what exactly is your definition of a node?

2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Works fine on my end and others, sounds like something is wrong on your end.

3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Seems like nothing but feature bloat to me.  Just use the actual method.

4. Who are the developer of Burst?
BurstDev.

1. I followed exactly that instructions.
Since you got it to run:
What wallet version did you use?
Did you create a hallmark? For me this step did not work, but maybe with an older version of wallet it would.

2. restart of burst helped

3. I finished now one case and will make a document soon

4. BurstDev? ist that a Bitcoin Forum user?
Maybe I rephrase this problem. Average Joe maybe not be able to answer some questions. MMaybe if he says something, I can safely ignore it. However, if somebody apparently with knowledge (developer) would answer, I can trust it would work ;-)

I have sent a message from one burst account to another. It got never confirmed and after about one hour the deducted fee was returned. I tried three times, then I started to reduce the message size and at one point it succeeded.

That suggests that the size of the message may only have a certain character size.
If so, what is the size?
If so, could we suggest to the developer (whoever they are) that the message sending screen would show a count down.

I think I hit a similar issue where messages that ended with LF (unix linebreak) would get accepted by the API endpoint but not get transmitted over the network and so time out. These were messages sent with payments btw.

messages uses    \n   as line break
Just as a heads up (to make sure people don't "waste their BURST on buying a ticket when there is little chance") you should check the "winning ticket" number (if it is close to that of the winner of the first round then you have very little chance of winning).

Personally I don't gamble (and wasn't so keen to actually even create the Lottery use case) but I decided that as the Lottery doesn't take any commission and charges hardly any fees (15 BURST from memory) then arguably it is about the fairest lottery in existence (especially as you can see from the value of the current winning ticket what your chances are).

I seriously doubt that any state run lottery in the world is as open and efficient as LuckyAT is (as it doesn't require TV presenters or publishing in any traditional media nor any fancy machine with numbered balls).

How do you define "if it is close to that of the winner of the first round then you have very little chance of winning"
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hello,

I just made a simple GUI to generate Batch file for cpu plotter.

Is someone can tell me how share a picture and deploy source code please ?

If you can't share a picture, I don't think many people will trust "a simple GUI" made by you.
Alas, there are many gullible people around, so... good luck.

Well, I think the issue might be also in the fact that newbies aren't permitted to post links Smiley

kurairaito, did you put your code on github or somewhere?

I posted source at https://github.com/Kurairaito/batch_plot_generator
There is also a png in the repo wich illustrate the gui.

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS?! GUIs for simpler use of this coin are needed! Make it a Full-package Plotter + miner and you might get more users! I don't get why you guys play around with lottery while this is not done yet?! There is competition out there with millions of funding you can't keep this a community project forever! You are supposed to develope a decentralized online storage solution, mining useless files(files without any purpose) on your HDD doesn't make sense!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Remember that the funds arent release until the stated block. Would you still want to pledge some money, it will be possible untill we reach that block. So more than 100% is possible (see the test AT)

That's a shame that it will take so long to release the funds. It seems like it should be possible to code up an AT so that the funds are released as soon as the target funding level is reached.

We discussed that too, but what the outcome will be i'd know as it may required yet another fork.

Now you are, however, able to influence how the form of our lottery LuckyAT (see above)! The voting take place at BurstForum.com - if you aren't a member, please join.

No it does not require any fork to code up and deploy such AT.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Now - go voting and create the lottery you want to be implemented by wizard vbcs! Cheesy
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
Remember that the funds arent release until the stated block. Would you still want to pledge some money, it will be possible untill we reach that block. So more than 100% is possible (see the test AT)

That's a shame that it will take so long to release the funds. It seems like it should be possible to code up an AT so that the funds are released as soon as the target funding level is reached.

We discussed that too, but what the outcome will be i'd know as it may required yet another fork.

Now you are, however, able to influence how the form of our lottery LuckyAT (see above)! The voting take place at BurstForum.com - if you aren't a member, please join.

No it does not require any fork to code up and deploy such AT.

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

About LuckyAT

We have discussed changes and new forms of LuckyAT today. As you know, work is being done to make it much easier to use (and create) ATs (read: no more .html downloads). That also means the platform can offer much more.

Two points were raised regarding possibly changing LuckyAT:

1. To have much faster payout system. Today the winner gets she's/he's money about a week after the current LuckyAT. But this can be changed into faster payouts, like every 3rd day or even daily. A certain delay most exist so people have the time to buys their tickets though.

Which payout system would you prefer, fast, slow, or perhaps both?

2. To have different levels of price of tickets. Some people have few BURST, while some are whales. As changing the time for payout, it is also possible to create variances in ticket price.

How much should a ticket cost, according to you, to suit both regular gamblers, whales and the minor holders: 50 - 2,000 - 50,000, or something else?

We want to hear what you thing about this to suit as many as possible Smiley

Creating different prices for tickets and payout time, of course also means there will be more than one lottery running, so they have to be clearly marked and named.

An earlier comment of about not only showing remaining blocks, but an estimate of time until the draw will also be implemented - even if an exact number is hard to predict.

Please discuss this here, but we will also make threads at BurstForum.com, where you will be able to vote.

Here are the relevant threads on BF:

Background: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/burst-successively-launched-a-decentralized-lottery-pr-and-the-future.593/
The cost of tickets: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-vote-on-ticket-price.670/
The intervals of finding a winner: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-how-often-should-payouts-be.672/

Edit: links to voting

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hello,

If you can't share a picture, I don't think many people will trust "a simple GUI" made by you.

Well, I think the issue might be also in the fact that newbies aren't permitted to post links Smiley

I posted source at https://github.com/Kurairaito/batch_plot_generator
There is also a png in the repo wich illustrate the gui.
ATDevelopmentFund is now funded. When should we expect the AT to send the funds collected to the creator address?

Cheesy

Thank you all!

Activity: 527
ATDevelopmentFund is now funded. When should we expect the AT to send the funds collected to the creator address?

Excellent work everyone, let me be the first to thank all the donors!

The AT is set to disburse in 7555 blocks, average block time is 4 minutes, so in approximately 21 days.

Thank you equipose for your efforts!
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Activity: 527
Hello,

That's why I asked how I can share à picture. I tried with google drive but got proxi error when I previewed my message.

Also I would give source code as I said and not binaries. Source is about 50 lines made with Qt and Very simple to understand...
Activity: 435
Hello,

Hello,

thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
Anyone having issues with mining right now? I'm not finding many blocks at the moment compared to pre-Friday.

yes, bad luck usually is 24 hr/s but 48 hr/s not sure what is gong on, BURST rate of production visibly dropped even at when cycle oscillates back down from peak to let say 7 or 8 Peta...

also "low cost or none" disk warehouse is driving price down.. big 200K lots two of them are waiting to be unloaded at 175 and 178, since BTC is up, someone calculates this well, if access to cheap drives (or no price at all, could be that someone chips away from a data center undetected till a system admin finds out and shuts it down... he drives conversion and makes steady cash every week

all rest of us, can wait for block reward reduction as well as keeping drives on to keep global network capacity high which is happening so that sustains this crypto nicely and I would not worry much about, I see work being done on crowdfunding and assets all great

when you see network capacity go down to between 6 and 8 P you know that someone had his plug pulled off at a data center

Burst is highsetup low power. There is never any reason to "turn off" your hard drives Cheesy.

true, hence possibility of "laying low" except of occasional network calls which could give someone up, plotted disk also does not trigger any virus software alarms, and as you said low power dos not raise alarm of power consumption software which many data centers have, this could be a corporate or University data center, forgot also that CPU usage is also minimal, so all of it can be "hidden" so to speak

If it's possible to rent cloud storage then it would depend entirely on the market price.

CPU usage for Burst is definitely not minimal.

mine it is,  CPU and system load barely get noticed.. using burstminer C++ on Unix , while at the same performing other unrelated mining operations, stager size is optimized as well

have multiple AMD cores.. when there is new block operation, one CPU core slightly goes up , it is as if no BURST ops is running on the machine.. of course this adds to value of BURST as said for global mining operations where electricity is expensive.. wish magnetic drive prices could drop so more people can mine this more aggressively .. but BURST block reduction will take care of some of the "problems" I think we seeing at the moment

How many tb what cpu?

let's just say a mid range AMD with decent drive setup , another tip for community , setup nagios with email alarms monitoring health and performance of hard drives in use... such a plugin is.. for instance

this is very very good

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/System-Metrics/Storage-Subsystem/check_mio/details

if you all would do that, overall network capacity would stabilize better

example of plugin command line on "disk server" will detect disconnects and failure (hopefully not  Cool but it will avoid a manual check of drives during mining operation

Nagios CPU impact is minimal

command[mio_sda]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_mio -d sda -w 200,2000,52428800,52428800 -c 400,4000,104857600,104857600
Activity: 588
Anyone having issues with mining right now? I'm not finding many blocks at the moment compared to pre-Friday.

yes, bad luck usually is 24 hr/s but 48 hr/s not sure what is gong on, BURST rate of production visibly dropped even at when cycle oscillates back down from peak to let say 7 or 8 Peta...

also "low cost or none" disk warehouse is driving price down.. big 200K lots two of them are waiting to be unloaded at 175 and 178, since BTC is up, someone calculates this well, if access to cheap drives (or no price at all, could be that someone chips away from a data center undetected till a system admin finds out and shuts it down... he drives conversion and makes steady cash every week

all rest of us, can wait for block reward reduction as well as keeping drives on to keep global network capacity high which is happening so that sustains this crypto nicely and I would not worry much about, I see work being done on crowdfunding and assets all great

when you see network capacity go down to between 6 and 8 P you know that someone had his plug pulled off at a data center

Burst is highsetup low power. There is never any reason to "turn off" your hard drives Cheesy.

true, hence possibility of "laying low" except of occasional network calls which could give someone up, plotted disk also does not trigger any virus software alarms, and as you said low power dos not raise alarm of power consumption software which many data centers have, this could be a corporate or University data center, forgot also that CPU usage is also minimal, so all of it can be "hidden" so to speak

If it's possible to rent cloud storage then it would depend entirely on the market price.

CPU usage for Burst is definitely not minimal.

mine it is,  CPU and system load barely get noticed.. using burstminer C++ on Unix , while at the same performing other unrelated mining operations, stager size is optimized as well

have multiple AMD cores.. when there is new block operation, one CPU core slightly goes up , it is as if no BURST ops is running on the machine.. of course this adds to value of BURST as said for global mining operations where electricity is expensive.. wish magnetic drive prices could drop so more people can mine this more aggressively .. but BURST block reduction will take care of some of the "problems" I think we seeing at the moment

How many tb what cpu?
Jump to: