Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 408. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Still progress  Grin

But coinits' 100K is still missing from the AT....

That Transaction ID I sent earlier was for something else. Me bad. I sent 100K again as it looks like the first one did not get deducted from my account. Trans ID 12135233633560161598 is good and is confirming.

I am thinking that the first time that I sent it I was updating the blockchain so it did not work.

Thanks for updating!

Now it's looking even better  Shocked

Meantime, we have you first CF case completed  Grin

vbcs & ciyam: is it working as it should?

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
In regards to adding a Donation button to the UI (prior to 100% funding goal reached) - unless we have that as being a general idea for all ATs (i.e. to "donate" to their creators) then it should not be done for an already published ATs (as you can't "update" an AT) - it could only thus appear in a future crowdfund.

The entire point of "consensus" is that you can't just go and change it (otherwise people would not trust ATs at all).

As we are working on a complete new design for AT UI (that will get rid of the need to download .html files) the AT team is not going to focus on such "small issues" for now (feel free to bring them up again when our new UI implementation appears).

i think could be useful to the community to have a small presentation of team crew...
for now i understand who AT team it is composed from you and vbcs.
there are other devs?

why you do not presents you on a dedicated post?

i think burst community will appreciate and maybe you will be able to gather some donations..
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Still progress  Grin

That Transaction ID I sent earlier was for something else. Me bad. I sent 100K again as it looks like the first one did not get deducted from my account. Trans ID 12135233633560161598 is good and is confirming.

I am thinking that the first time that I sent it I was updating the blockchain so it did not work.
Still progress  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
In regards to adding a Donation button to the UI (prior to 100% funding goal reached) - unless we have that as being a general idea for all ATs (i.e. to "donate" to their creators) then it should not be done for an already published ATs (as you can't "update" an AT) - it could only thus appear in a future crowdfund.

The entire point of "consensus" is that you can't just go and change it (otherwise people would not trust ATs at all).

As we are working on a complete new design for AT UI (that will get rid of the need to download .html files) the AT team is not going to focus on such "small issues" for now (feel free to bring them up again when our new UI implementation appears).
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Elmit is now, along with tim, the only two ignored by me in this thread.

Not to answer correctly shows your knowledge!

Since mmmaybe ignore me, I am sure somebody with knowledge will answer!

Recap of open questions:

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
4. Who are the developer of Burst?

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/How-To:CreatePublicNode - Works fine for me, you have been asking this question for about a month, what exactly is your definition of a node?

2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Works fine on my end and others, sounds like something is wrong on your end.

3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Seems like nothing but feature bloat to me.  Just use the actual method.

4. Who are the developer of Burst?
BurstDev.
Activity: 155
i cant open wallet it gives me an error that is java isnt installed at your pc please go java site and download it
i want to help so Smiley

Do you have java installed?
Did you follow the instruction to install java?
Maybe you need to re-install java, maybe your Virus utility disabled java (happened to my notebook once)

i did reinstall after error and everything is same and instructions what did you mean with it its simple dl installer and install it.

Only some ideas:
try to uninstall java before you attempt to install it new.
try to disable your virus utility for a moment to see ift is then working
try to find another java application to test if java is working.

You may find on the Java web site more hints.

Did you adjust the bat file to point to the correct Java folder?  The bat file comes with the paths for Java 7, if you just installed java more than likely it is not pointing toward the Java 8 paths.

i installed java 7 and command program opened but no gui what should i do what is this ?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Can someone explain in non-technical terms how I can go about donating to this cause? I don't have much to spare right now but I would love to at least give something.

Nice, thank you Smiley

1. Click here: http://burstcoin.info/d/cf and download the zip.

2. Open the zip and extract the html file (atcrowdfund.html).

3. Place atcrowdfund.html in your wallet, inside folder /[wallet]/html/ui/

4. Open your wallet with your password.

5. Copy/paste, or write, atcrowdfund.html at the end of the wallet's URL; it should look like this:
- http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html
or
- http://127.0.0.1:8125/atcrowdfund.html

6. On the page opened, you will see the crowdfunding cases running now.

7. Chose the one you want to support and click "Pledge", and enter the sum you want to contribute with and click "Send".

8. Done!

Remember that it will take awhile for you contribution to show up in the statistics, but it will be added eventually.

Also: would not the pledged sum be reached, your contribution will be sent back to your wallet after the block seen at the page Smiley So it's "all-or-nothing" in a way, hence making it important to reach the goals.

Please let me know if anything is unclear Smiley

(Btw, the same steps goes for LuckyAT, the decentralized lottery running independent on BURST's blockchain. The html file for the LuckyAT is found in a .zip at http://burstcoin.info/d/lo/)

Thanks!

Sent you 100K

Thanks a lot! That is a very nice amount Smiley

I followed your instructions but the BURST did not come out of my account yet.

Still not...?

If you trust me, I can send it for you (and you sending me after it's confirmed). Will create a separate account, where possible the refund will end up and giving you the password.

Lemme know. PM

It went through. Transaction 13680804302259714487
Activity: 129
i cant open wallet it gives me an error that is java isnt installed at your pc please go java site and download it
i want to help so Smiley

Maybe you need to re-install java, maybe your Virus utility disabled java (happened to my notebook once)

i did reinstall after error and everything is same and instructions what did you mean with it its simple dl installer and install it.

Only some ideas:

Did you adjust the bat file to point to the correct Java folder?  The bat file comes with the paths for Java 7, if you just installed java more than likely it is not pointing toward the Java 8 paths.
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
i want to help so Smiley

Only some ideas:

My http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html page shows no projects any more.

Has something changed? Do I need to get a new atcrowdfund.html ?

Then you have done something wrong.

If atcrowdfund.html in /[wallet]/html/ui/ it will show.

Perhaps check a guide again...?

I have not changed anything!
I have reloaded the page and now ALL Projects are gone!

However, it still does show "powered by Automated Transactions and Burst."

It happens to me also sometimes. If you stop and start burst it will be ok.

How come vbcs? I can access http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html without being logged in to the wallet, and seemingly getting me the correct data.

I believe that a running wallet is required to get the information from the blockchain of Burst. To login will only give you YOUR data of that particular wallet!

How come vbcs? I can access http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html without being logged in to the wallet, and seemingly getting me the correct data.
Just a thought:

would it be possible to limit ATxxx to some criteria, like must have at least xxxx BURST at an Escrow account?
That would help that people stop dumping Burst.

QuatlooTrader e.g., requires that you must have a certain amount of QTL on an exchange. If you do not have that amount, the program does not start or cannot use all features.
I guess with a locked amount in a wallet would do similar things.
i want to help so Smiley

i want to help so Smiley

I tried this just now and indeed that solved the problem.

The last lines I saw in the log file was:
burst_1.2.2$ tail -f nohup.out
   at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:517)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:497)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:248)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:610)
   at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:539)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I am not sure if that can help to catch such situations.
i want to help so Smiley

any helpp ? Sad
Activity: 137
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer

Activity: 714
If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Athlon X4? Core2Duo / Pentium 2core?

Thanks

I have an older core2duo e6600 with 4gb ram running 2 x 4.5Tb usb drives but it takes
120+ seconds to scan them. I have a similar setup with amd apu a4-4000 and that takes
a about 180+ seconds.

I think a budget Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz would be good, my next miner will have that cpu Smiley

Wow thanks for the inputs... interesting results.

Thanks lagur and riskyfire for sharing the results. This is very important that I think raspberry pi B+ (that we wanted to try) should not work great.

A budget PC will be the only option for burst mining machine.
Jump to: