Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 409. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
i cant open wallet it gives me an error that is java isnt installed at your pc please go java site and download it
i want to help so Smiley
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
burst.ga:

sorry guys - the pool wedged overnight (actually a 3rd-party library wedged due a thread deadlock)
I've put a new fix in place that avoids that chunk of mutex-locking code.

I know it's frustrating that the pool goes down - I feel your pain.

was running for a few minutes, now it's down again...

Maybe Windows is not the right platform for that kind of task.  Grin Grin Grin
Elmit is now, along with tim, the only two ignored by me in this thread.

Not to answer correctly shows your knowledge!

Since mmmaybe ignore me, I am sure somebody with knowledge will answer!

Recap of open questions:

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
4. Who are the developer of Burst?
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
burst.ga:

sorry guys - the pool wedged overnight (actually a 3rd-party library wedged due a thread deadlock)

was running for a few minutes, now it's down again...
My http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html page shows no projects any more.

Has something changed? Do I need to get a new atcrowdfund.html ?

Then you have done something wrong.

If atcrowdfund.html in /[wallet]/html/ui/ it will show.

Perhaps check a guide again...?

I have not changed anything!
I have reloaded the page and now ALL Projects are gone!

However, it still does show "powered by Automated Transactions and Burst."
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Elmit is now, along with tim, the only two ignored by me in this thread.
Can someone explain in non-technical terms how I can go about donating to this cause? I don't have much to spare right now but I would love to at least give something.

Nice, thank you Smiley

1. Click here: http://burstcoin.info/d/cf and download the zip.

2. Open the zip and extract the html file (atcrowdfund.html).

3. Place atcrowdfund.html in your wallet, inside folder /[wallet]/html/ui/

4. Open your wallet with your password.

5. Copy/paste, or write, atcrowdfund.html at the end of the wallet's URL; it should look like this:
- http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html
or
- http://127.0.0.1:8125/atcrowdfund.html

6. On the page opened, you will see the crowdfunding cases running now.

7. Chose the one you want to support and click "Pledge", and enter the sum you want to contribute with and click "Send".

8. Done!

Remember that it will take awhile for you contribution to show up in the statistics, but it will be added eventually.

Also: would not the pledged sum be reached, your contribution will be sent back to your wallet after the block seen at the page Smiley So it's "all-or-nothing" in a way, hence making it important to reach the goals.

Please let me know if anything is unclear Smiley

(Btw, the same steps goes for LuckyAT, the decentralized lottery running independent on BURST's blockchain. The html file for the LuckyAT is found in a .zip at http://burstcoin.info/d/lo/)

Thanks!

Sent you 100K

Thanks a lot! That is a very nice amount Smiley

I followed your instructions but the BURST did not come out of my account yet.

Still not...?

If you trust me, I can send it for you (and you sending me after it's confirmed). Will create a separate account, where possible the refund will end up and giving you the password.

Lemme know. PM
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I have sent a message from one burst account to another. It got never confirmed and after about one hour the deducted fee was returned. I tried three times, then I started to reduce the message size and at one point it succeeded.

That suggests that the size of the message may only have a certain character size.
If so, what is the size?
If so, could we suggest to the developer (whoever they are) that the message sending screen would show a count down.

I think I hit a similar issue where messages that ended with LF (unix linebreak) would get accepted by the API endpoint but not get transmitted over the network and so time out. These were messages sent with payments btw.

Then you have done something wrong.

If atcrowdfund.html is in /[wallet]/html/ui/ it will show.

Perhaps check a guide again...?

Please explain in detail:
1. The CREATOR creates a new ATcrowdfunding case.
2. The general public can "donate" via this form which "at a certain block in the future", if "enough funds are collected" will be paid to XXX
Please name XXX.
IF XXX is the creator, then you can donate ANY time to the creator's address
IF XXX is not the creator, then who is XXX Huh? And how does the creator get access to the fund?

XXX is the creator.

However, the crowdfund has its own account YYY which holds the funds untill they are either payed out or returned to donators. When you use the html form, your donation goes to this YYY account.

Therefore if you just donate to creator, you will not get the funds back if the CF does not reach the amount needed. Nor will the funds sent directly to the creator count towards fulfilling the CF goal (as they are not sent to CF's own account YYY).

Is this a sufficient explanation?

Therefore you can DONATE ANYTIME to the Creator!

Thanks for confirming that!

That's not crowdfunding, that's a donation or a simple transfer - with no chance getting your money back. Your are simply not using the AT, and this is all about ATs.

Please Elmit, can you stop with this nonsense...?

Use the guides as recommended!

I have sent a message from one burst account to another. It got never confirmed and after about one hour the deducted fee was returned. I tried three times, then I started to reduce the message size and at one point it succeeded.

That suggests that the size of the message may only have a certain character size.
If so, what is the size?
If so, could we suggest to the developer (whoever they are) that the message sending screen would show a count down.

Activity: 199
If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Athlon X4? Core2Duo / Pentium 2core?

Thanks

I have an older core2duo e6600 with 4gb ram running 2 x 4.5Tb usb drives but it takes
120+ seconds to scan them. I have a similar setup with amd apu a4-4000 and that takes
a about 180+ seconds.

I think a budget Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz would be good, my next miner will have that cpu Smiley

Wow thanks for the inputs... interesting results.
Activity: 207
If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Thanks

I have an older core2duo e6600 with 4gb ram running 2 x 4.5Tb usb drives but it takes
120+ seconds to scan them. I have a similar setup with amd apu a4-4000 and that takes
a about 180+ seconds.

I think a budget Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz would be good, my next miner will have that cpu Smiley
Activity: 275

Thanks

a about 180+ seconds.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
burst.ga:

Thanks

That is only the half information you present here. It depends not just on the CPU, but also on the RAM and especially on your staggering size.
And also think on a stable power unit.

Atom D510 only allows DDR2 667 & 4gb max -- yes, larger ram helps but...
Consider the plot files to be optimized for large staggering size.
No problem in power and mining been stable for a week now and I'll be powering my "new" system my spare SS X750.

Problem occurs when I add more drives.

My i7 would run everything smoothly and I want something close to it's performance that's why I'm going for an upgrade / new build.

Thanks

That is only the half information you present here. It depends not just on the CPU, but also on the RAM and especially on your staggering size.
And also think on a stable power unit.
Hmm why everyone selling out on this coin was in 180s to 190s and now going into the 140s and 150s area. Seems people dumping all at one.

Most people that trade coins don't care what the coin is, they trade whatever has value and based on graphs. That's why pumps are really bad for a coin, it attracts a lot of people who simply want to get in on the ride and then dump when things look a tiny bit bad, which then makes long term holders want to dump too.

Great the coin reached like 39, but I would've taken prices before the pump. This is also why it's a really bad idea currently to buy mining hardware for the coin. Really wish I knew where people were renting it though.

Then PetaByte might be the right solution:
Open your Wallet, goto Asset Exchange, Add Asset with the Asset Id: 14668748687827404894 and buy PetaByte assets. The earnings of the mining will be paid to the asset holders according to their shares.

Thanks
Jump to: