Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 426. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Seems great coin i'm in

Nice to see another member come on-board burst welcome to Burstcoin.  If you get any problems or stuck on anything feel free to post. Am sure someone even myself will give you a hand on getting started. Can get a bit bumpy but is simple enough to do if you got some experience in mining and computers Smiley
legendary
-=Updates=- The Ultimate Burstcoin Guide By CrazyEarner.

Current Progress report.

Overview

• 1.0 Windows Files Needed: All files and help guides to making sure you will get no problems.
Completed. Cheesy

• 2.0    Burstcoin Wallet: details on how to set-up wallet install and maintain a healthy burst wallet.
In progress to be finished by end of 6th Feb 2015

• 3.0    CPU Plotting Software: Details of how to set-up and get plotting with CPU software.
On to do list

• 4.0    GPU Plotting Software:  Details of how to get your GPU to plot faster and without errors or crashes.
On to do list

• 5.0    Optimizing Generated Plots: details of how to get your plots optimized after creating your plots.
On to do list

• 6.0   Pools/mining: This will cover mining software and getting set-up on pools to mine. On to do list.

• 7.0 Trouble Shooting: General information going over problems caused and what the cause is to this and to fix.
    On to do list

I will continue to keep everyone up to  date on progress on where everything is at on completion.
Once this is done I will provide links to this guide and continue to update links to updated wallets and changes that happen as Burst gets updated.
I will also be making a very detailed guide when I get the chance to.

So for now this will be detailed as much as one can so that everyone can understand everything that is needed to be known to make sure you have a simple and easy start to burst from section 1 and following it though and getting everything up and running smooth first time. Following the completed guide this will eliminate most your problems and frustrations on trying when this guide will successfully get you started.

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
Say what you will about my questionable ethics in regards to salvaging bitcoins from people who don't know what they have, but I take a mild amount of umbrage at this "troll" tag.

You only need to look at the price history of this crap coin to see that I AM CORRECT in my evaluation of it.  If you are going to invest time, money, and electricity in a coin, do it on one with a future.  What the hell is BURST coin?  Why will its value ever increase?  Why will people one day want to use it instead of Bitcoin?  Hell, even Litecoin, the once-vaunted silver to bitcoins gold, is nearly a crap coin now.

Who can give a good answer to these questions? 

Tell me why a person should mine this coin instead of another coin.  Prove me wrong. Huh

If alt coins can have their value manipulated up and down, and someone is smart enough to use those price swings to trade for better coins on the exchanges, then that is about the only use I can see this coin ever having.
legendary
Okay, let's separate this into the troll / steal arguments.

Troll - am I a troll for proclaiming the truth and calling people idiots when they blindly and naively keep dumping money into trying to mine crap coins that have no future?  I speak the truth.  I may have no diplomacy and I may offend people in my way of addressing these matters, but I'm not wrong in my assertions about the coins!

Steal - is it really?  If someone calls me to work on their computer, and they didn't know there was a bitcoin wallet on it, or they did know and thought it was useless, then I am not stealing, I am merely capitalizing on their ignorance for my own personal profit.  Somehow, I think that sounds better than "stealing".  So far I have not found any Bitcoin wallets, and I do check the appdata folders on every PC I get called to look at.

If I didn't save those coins and put them back in circulation, the computer likely would eventually be turned off and thrown away with those coins still on it.  And if I can make a little profit on the side, then what the hell, why not? Wink

Not only are you a troll, you are also a thief which makes you a scumbag and your opinion does not matter. GTFO of this OP.

Hint to others... use ignore on this shitstain!

Already got my ignore button on. No point to trolls other than having good cheap coins but that causes damage to other people from their gains and BS talking. Wish admin on here would actually but a ban hammer on trolls as they do nothing but cause problems, heated arguments or spread rumours that are all trash.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Troll - am I a troll for proclaiming the truth and calling people idiots when they blindly and naively keep dumping money into trying to mine crap coins that have no future?  I speak the truth.  I may have no diplomacy and I may offend people in my way of addressing these matters, but I'm not wrong in my assertions about the coins!

Steal - is it really?  If someone calls me to work on their computer, and they didn't know there was a bitcoin wallet on it, or they did know and thought it was useless, then I am not stealing, I am merely capitalizing on their ignorance for my own personal profit.  Somehow, I think that sounds better than "stealing".  So far I have not found any Bitcoin wallets, and I do check the appdata folders on every PC I get called to look at.

If I didn't save those coins and put them back in circulation, the computer likely would eventually be turned off and thrown away with those coins still on it.  And if I can make a little profit on the side, then what the hell, why not? Wink

Not only are you a troll, you are also a thief which makes you a scumbag and your opinion does not matter. GTFO of this OP.

Hint to others... use ignore on this shitstain!
legendary

Lmfao if you speak the truth then where's your proof that this coin is Trash and nothing more than an alt coin. hmm troll much get people to try dumping and cashing out moving to something else then cause nice market crash on coin and you buy up some orders and then wait for the rise and gain a big profit off it. Find that really amazing helpful. NOT. If your a troll then you only do one thing and one good thing at that so happy days ill ride the waves like the rest do and actually hold strong and not panic troll sell into your stupid heated arguments and comments. Love the ignore button come sin handy for trolls..
legendary
I have been using Blago miner mining at pool for some days... But it keeps showing "Missing Passphrase" error recently, any clue? Or it is the server issue?

could be 1 the pool or that your not assigned to the pool correctly could try restarting miner if that does not work and you are assigned to the pool correctly and plots are also fine then could well be the pool with problems as I did get a few problems like this in the past be eventually resolved their self but I then left and went to another pool to try. Since been back and forth from the pool and seems to be ok. So might just be an intermittent problem but no doubt staff will look into it if you been mining perfectly fine on it.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

How do you know that they will eventually lose their BTC?  Maybe they'd be just fine for a long time to come.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
All Yes. Reuse burst 1.2.1 blockchain Smiley

Burst 1.2.2

https://mega.co.nz/#!z8BT0BCZ!Z1MXYcVJrObMcx2M_zjHPbsMKQLxGKVqQYqh1u1etWY
sha256: 2e1a7f2d74c584e46b16b40ac8889101e44039ebcaa95a0c1b71abc9eb83a37b

All users must update by block 67000 (about 9 days from now)

This is a bugfix release mainly for ATs, and also loosens restrictions on ecblock info.

Hi dev
Just two question
Can i reuse burst 1.2.1 blockchain?
Or i need to resync all chain?
Can i reuse previous plot files?

Thanks

thank you numberT!!!
burst blockchain is becaming really fat...

nothing to do with bitcoin blockchain, but it is rising!!!

and this is a good news!!!

That comes with a question on too big to download for average user. Burst investor will eventually come from all around the world. Not every country have fiber broadband internet connection and it might deter some investor from getting into the coin. I guess one solution could be a trusted online wallet for burst , it will make using burst a whole lot easier. 500 gb database will come eventually and we better be ready before that happens

i think a good solution it is to include the blockchain folder on each new relase zip.
so, the user will need to sync just the latest few block....
so we avoid to have fork with every new version release.
i hope burst dev, repute this a valid option !!!

and/or we just include a link to a blockchain that's mostly downloaded, and have two downloads.
legendary
Dev pool 2 is on Block 64022 where as my solo is on 64045 !
Pool wallet stuck or another fork ?
Wallet was stuck, restarted and pool will be back as soon as it catches back up.

ERROR: Unable to get mining info from wallet.

What's up?
It was getting stuck on block 64030 when I restarted it. I just restored a backup of the blockchain from yesterday and am trying again.

EDIT: that seemed to work. it's now caught up.

yep working now
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Wallet was stuck, restarted and pool will be back as soon as it catches back up.

What's up?
It was getting stuck on block 64030 when I restarted it. I just restored a backup of the blockchain from yesterday and am trying again.

EDIT: that seemed to work. it's now caught up.
legendary

What's up?
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
pool.burstcoin.it updated to 1.2.2   Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

It said all, no need to discuss anymore  Grin

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Wow - don't think I've seen a -28 Trust level before. Awesome effort! Grin

Oh the wellknown troll is back. If you look at his trusted profile you will understand. He doesn't obviously troll for no reason, he attempts to steal from others too.
And someone like him becomes a hero member of this forum, how sad.
Wow - don't think I've seen a -28 Trust level before. Awesome effort! Grin

Yeah, I don't know how I even got that, as I have never bought or sold anything with anyone else here.  My guess is that one of the liberal college student asswipe mods here is offended by the sheer amount of TRUTH I exude about these crap coins, and is trying to destroy my trust rating, not that I ever cared about it.

It went from -6 to -4 to -28 in only a couple days, thereby proving forced manipulation by mods.  Who else could do that?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
That comes with a question on too big to download for average user. Burst investor will eventually come from all around the world. Not every country have fiber broadband internet connection and it might deter some investor from getting into the coin. I guess one solution could be a trusted online wallet for burst , it will make using burst a whole lot easier. 500 gb database will come eventually and we better be ready before that happens

i think a good solution it is to include the blockchain folder on each new relase zip.
so, the user will need to sync just the latest few block....
so we avoid to have fork with every new version release.
i hope burst dev, repute this a valid option !!!

I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting. But in any case, a central authority should not be distributing the blockchain, nor introduce checkpoints. The history of the blockchain requires the entire blockchain to verify. It should be possible reduce the size by giving up on some history, but I do not know enough about this particular blockchain to claim it is. In any case, introducing checkpoints or the blockchain within the download, is very much against the decentralized nature of the blockchain, by giving a central authority the ability to dictate what chain is the right one.
Jump to: