Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 423. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
there you go.. sale orders are reversing , so re-purchase by that person or persons or you.. good opportunity Today won't or might repeat again... MAYBE  Cool
legendary
cryptonote coin(s) will be adding smart contracts and saying this will raise value of the coins, just saying you are ahead of the curve  Cool

Have any more info on this? I do not really follow cryptonote. It could potentially be interesting for Burst as well (eventual ACCT??).

btw I would be afraid to sell for the purpose of re-purchase right now, as coin like yours can easily "escape velocity" and one could lose big time like 30% 50% of coins, seen it before...

not worth it, have long term outlook on this, btw seen network capacity spike to 20 P at some point, also block reward is going down again, it is going to be even MORE expensive equipment wise to mine

I have rebought quite low Smiley, I am long on Burst. However, I do agree it is risky trading now.

veeeery scary I am chicken ko ko ko

Risk aversity is my middle name Tongue

chicken just "ate" significant amount of BURST it was no brainer , lucky someone offered that amount, as there seem to be a small bot operating too between bittrex/c-cex, but amounts are arbitraged much smaller, so someone unloaded significant chunk from mining operation which I find really really strange.. but hey!, this in addition to intensive mining operation what I really need to do is trace and follow work done on blockchain extensions here
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
cryptonote coin(s) will be adding smart contracts and saying this will raise value of the coins, just saying you are ahead of the curve  Cool

Have any more info on this? I do not really follow cryptonote. It could potentially be interesting for Burst as well (eventual ACCT??).

btw I would be afraid to sell for the purpose of re-purchase right now, as coin like yours can easily "escape velocity" and one could lose big time like 30% 50% of coins, seen it before...

not worth it, have long term outlook on this, btw seen network capacity spike to 20 P at some point, also block reward is going down again, it is going to be even MORE expensive equipment wise to mine

I have rebought quite low Smiley, I am long on Burst. However, I do agree it is risky trading now.

Risk aversity is my middle name Tongue
legendary

legendary

ha! I see someone is playing big time games with ya' all  Cool 180 sat on bittrex , could be same person causing "dynamics" selling and buying own coins , well there you go good opportunity to purchase on low as I don't see diminishing mining activity in fact people are adding drives as per increased network capacity
Activity: 714

Well, Burst is not based on bitcoin rather on Nxt. I believe nxt uses jetty which in turn uses Java Secure Sockets extension which is not related to OpenSSL. So I'd say unless you are on *nix and have specifically used OpenSSL, for example to access API via https you should be ok (is this even needed/possible for Burst?).

If this is the case, I'd surmise the number of affected people should be pretty small and the rest of the network would just reject their blocks without causing major issues.

For final confirmation please wait for someone better versed in all this than me Smiley.

This OpenSSL is really buggy, it is not the first day it had security issue. And also affected all android apps once last year.
It wasn't me dumping just for the record.

Ahah, I like your style mate Smiley

The 16 mil dump from a few days ago was one of the early, and major, adopters (courtesy of burstdev forensics).

Today's dump I do not know who is behind.

Hey,

I'm late, but I'm in. It sound promising.

I plotted 1T in about 24h, and currently plotting another 2TB local disk and 8TB on my NAS  Smiley

It is not late to join a good thing. Welcome, if you got questions feel free to post here or join in building more activity on burstforum.com
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hey,

I'm late, but I'm in. It sound promising.

I plotted 1T in about 24h, and currently plotting another 2TB local disk and 8TB on my NAS  Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
It wasn't me dumping just for the record.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Some people dumped 6.7mln coins(11 BTC worth)  on polo to lower the price to buy more and more cheaper...

Be wary of Bob Surplus and Ryan Pumper. They have their little gangs to pump and dump. There are many others too. The economy has to be such that an 11 BTC pump or dump has little to no effect on price. 30% drop smacks of manipulation.

I think it is quite obvious some people have been messing with Burst the past few days. I have made some nice trades in the meantime riding the waves. I guess it is just a question whether you're long on Burst Smiley

If some early adopters liquidated parts (or entirety) of their assets (and I do know some have), I sure do hope it got distributed to more people than just p&d groups Smiley

I have sold some and bought more. It is good to keep the economy of the coin active on the exchanges (for now). This smacks of a P & D though.
Some people dumped 6.7mln coins(11 BTC worth)  on polo to lower the price to buy more and more cheaper...

Be wary of Bob Surplus and Ryan Pumper. They have their little gangs to pump and dump. There are many others too. The economy has to be such that an 11 BTC pump or dump has little to no effect on price. 30% drop smacks of manipulation.

I think it is quite obvious some people have been messing with Burst the past few days. I have made some nice trades in the meantime riding the waves. I guess it is just a question whether you're long on Burst Smiley

If some early adopters liquidated parts (or entirety) of their assets (and I do know some have), I sure do hope it got distributed to more people than just p&d groups Smiley
legendary

Well, Burst is not based on bitcoin rather on Nxt. I believe nxt uses jetty which in turn uses Java Secure Sockets extension which is not related to OpenSSL. So I'd say unless you are on *nix and have specifically used OpenSSL, for example to access API via https you should be ok (is this even needed/possible for Burst?).

If this is the case, I'd surmise the number of affected people should be pretty small and the rest of the network would just reject their blocks without causing major issues.

For final confirmation please wait for someone better versed in all this than me Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io

legendary
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
@whoever runs http://burstcoin.eu/

Do you think you could add the ability to sort average block time on a weekly and daily basis? Also please add the ability to break down blocktimes into smaller increments. More tools for analysis, the better.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
How is this an investment, what does the coin do?  It would be great if there was online harddrive space you could use with more coins that you buy or mine.  

What are people going to use this coin for that the other 700 altcoins or BTC or LTC don't offer?

I'm holding a few million BURST and I'm wondering where it's all going.

I should say good-buy. This coin is very promising and a really good investment...

There are some other coins that want to offer online storage like dropbox does. Storj and maidsafe are the ones that i know about. But you have to consider that not one of them have anything running. Only BURST right now lets you farm coins, even though the farming does nothing. The other had a presale and now everyone is wating(also their coins are expensive). Burst really has a chance if it implements online storage first and maybe other services! What makes me really angry is that so many altcoins start with a idea or concept and want funding and backing and start deving afterwards instead of delivering a first product even if it's not perfect. If that's how this works i could start my own coin.
Jump to: