Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 498. (Read 2170652 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
burstforum.com down for anyone else?

EDIT: nvm, i need a new router
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
If you have multiple disks on the same PC, what's the best way to mine? By multiple I mean a dozen or more. Are there any more user friendly miners for such mining? It seems like most miners you have to run multiple instances in order to mine on more then one drive.
Burst.today is a good one to try.. always gives me problems and I've heard complaints though... hopefully that one gets fixed up soon because it would be awesome to have an easy plotter.

We will pretty soon publish a new Win guide written by crowetic. Should be before new years at the very laters.

I've been looking at the google doc guide, but it doesn't outline multi-HD mining very well and even after reading it, I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do for it.

Like plotting they don't mention overlap nuances, but how do you do that for multiple HDs?

It's the same exact process, just with multiple drives. you can just make sure you don't overlap on ANY drives that are in the same account, and you're good to go. The guide explains exactly how to do things, just literally follow it exactly, and you'll get it.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
If you have multiple disks on the same PC, what's the best way to mine? By multiple I mean a dozen or more. Are there any more user friendly miners for such mining? It seems like most miners you have to run multiple instances in order to mine on more then one drive.
Burst.today is a good one to try.. always gives me problems and I've heard complaints though... hopefully that one gets fixed up soon because it would be awesome to have an easy plotter.

We will pretty soon publish a new Win guide written by crowetic. Should be before new years at the very laters.

I've been looking at the google doc guide, but it doesn't outline multi-HD mining very well and even after reading it, I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do for it.

Like plotting they don't mention overlap nuances, but how do you do that for multiple HDs?
Activity: 827

...ETC....

PD: There is something strange.... yesterday i use the faucet to activate my account, and now my account its 0 and desactivated. lol
PD2: I have bad englando skills, sorry.

EDITED:
I have a problem with the wallet.... Every time i log-out, it doest save my transactions or my numerical id... its like resetting every time.... What i can do? Is it a bug?

if you want i send you 2 burst for reactivate. put here your id
Run your burst client (wallet)
If you use wallet for first time DON'T FORGET to put coins in! eg: register your personal name wallet, otherwise you are unable to use it.
I put coins from the faucet but i dont know why it dissapeared all (my alias and all transactions, the wallet ID too haha)

Im redownloading the entire blockchain now, when it finish i will need someone to activate my account! Cant use faucet for 7 days because that unusual reset  Shocked

PD: I will update later!
if you need burst send me PM
 Wink
Activity: 207
Merit: 100

...ETC....

PD: There is something strange.... yesterday i use the faucet to activate my account, and now my account its 0 and desactivated. lol

EDITED:
I have a problem with the wallet.... Every time i log-out, it doest save my transactions or my numerical id... its like resetting every time.... What i can do? Is it a bug?

If you use wallet for first time DON'T FORGET to put coins in! eg: register your personal name wallet, otherwise you are unable to use it.
I put coins from the faucet but i dont know why it dissapeared all (my alias and all transactions, the wallet ID too haha)

Im redownloading the entire blockchain now, when it finish i will need someone to activate my account! Cant use faucet for 7 days because that unusual reset  Shocked

PD: I will update later!

**EDIT: If someone is able to update the Linux guide, you are very, very welcome. We will get you tips and feedback on what you write. I'll through in 10,000 BURST for it, if an external reviewer finds it good enough

Ill do it if i have time, first im triying in Ventanas(WIndows), when my 8TB arrive, i will do it in linux while writting a documentation.

EDITED:

**EDIT: If someone is able to update the Linux guide, you are very, very welcome. We will get you tips and feedback on what you write. I'll through in 10,000 BURST for it, if an external reviewer finds it good enough

Ill do it if i have time, first im triying in Ventanas(WIndows), when my 8TB arrive, i will do it in linux while writting a documentation.

EDITED:
I have about 10 external hard drives with roughly 500-1000GB each and 5 internal hard drives with roughly 100GB each. Would it be worth "mining" in my situation? How many coins should I expect to get with 5-10TB?

Im a newbie here but there is a "BURST calculator" : https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator

Just put your total of GB or TB and it do all the hard maths!   Smiley

Interesting, so 7.5 TB makes 0.136 BTC worth per month. Smiley

It's an estimate. Diff can change drastically, but, yeah, with a couple of HHDs you can make real money. An almost for free and it wont effect your compute much when running (win 7 does have a memory problem though). Additionally, HDDs need very little watts compared to regular mining so it should effect your power bill much at all.

yeah, ... in fact ... in my pool gains are much higher compared to the calculator. looks payments ...
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
I have about 10 external hard drives with roughly 500-1000GB each and 5 internal hard drives with roughly 100GB each. Would it be worth "mining" in my situation? How many coins should I expect to get with 5-10TB?

Im a newbie here but there is a "BURST calculator" : https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator

Just put your total of GB or TB and it do all the hard maths!   Smiley

Assuming we stay at current prices.. Which personally seems unlikely to me.. Also makes it sound like you're Ming to cash it to BTC.. stay with Burst.. Proof of Capacity is a really nice algo...
Activity: 462

Just put your total of GB or TB and it do all the hard maths!   Smiley

It's an estimate. Diff can change drastically, but, yeah, with a couple of HHDs you can make real money. An almost for free and it wont effect your compute much when running (win 7 does have a memory problem though). Additionally, HDDs need very little watts compared to regular mining so it should effect your power bill much at all.

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

Activity: 527
Merit: 503

Activity: 347
I was trying to install burst.today, but I get error on 3 different computer, put dot.net, Java 7,.... And on all computers same problem, when I insert they pass -> I get error. Any idea how to solve? I have tried on both Win 32 and 64 bit.
Thanks in advance. I have many computers so I would need an automated installation....
Activity: 350
Merit: 118

We are working on press releases, they will be ready tonight. But we need HELP.

Can you list all the important publications, blogs, people, even major bitcoin publications for us, to send the PR?

Here's a google spread sheet to use:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tQ5Eu3nEjGT3w8PcSoMpVw8rzKjytISqa3bH04lgozc/edit#gid=0

PLEASE HELP OUT!

Sure I will love to help.Also I can make translations from English to Russian language during the holidays.
    Just PM me,I will be happy to help.

Thanks, but try to fill in the spread sheet above Smiley We only have one single entry in there, and we need like 50. 100 would be great. I edited it for twitter accounts too.

Please: put every publication (online or print), person or twitter account you can come up with which are relevant to crypto! To have a list will be so much easier than PM a bunch of people, so can your spread it yourself, put your twitter account up there Smiley

We are still working on the releases, but we are spread out over the world/time zones/travel at the moment. But it should be available in five-six hours. We need to check all the facts are correct too, which is a bit complicated.

Once again: PLEASE fill out the spread sheet.

One final bump of this, then I give up. We have two entries in spread sheet about where to sending the press releases. Price has climed without the news been activelty spread. This could be huge if we help each other.

I really hate to do the below, not because I'm against bounties or donations but because I could give them to dev or vbcs instead:

• I will give 200 BURST for each entry in the spread sheet

Conditions:
    1) The roof is 100 unique entries, that means there are at least 20,000 up for grabs. Note: The roof may become made higher during the night/day, which will then be announced in a post from my account on in this thread
    2) Entry your nick in the third column in the spread sheet and email [email protected] with your contribution. PMs does not count. To be real sure of your payout include a printscreen of the spread sheet.
    3) In case of dispute of who was first with an entry, Irontiga will give the ruling of who should have the coins
    4) Entries have to be real, meaning crypto and/or bitcoin related, and complete/correct. Unrelated entries or spam will not count

Ok?

This is a reeeeeally easy way of earning some Burst, just adding guys like Max Kaiser, Gavin Andresen's or altcoinherald.com's email addresses will give you 600 and takes 1 minute. Googling another 20 entries will give you 4,000 BURST. And the roof might very well become much higher then 100...

One last time: PLEASE HELP US Smiley And let me pay you Wink And get us write the releases instead of hunting for relevant email addresses.

Address: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tQ5Eu3nEjGT3w8PcSoMpVw8rzKjytISqa3bH04lgozc/edit#gid=0
    Email address: [email protected]

**EDIT: THANK YOU!! Eleven now and counting! Keep going Smiley

**EDIT 2: YEAH, great!! Take my money Wink But most importingly help out BURST!! Cheesy Keep going, I don't thing I stop at 100...

**EDIT 3: Just added this to the spread sheet (slightly edited):
    - GOOD JOB, CONTINUE. UPDATED MY POST, I DON'T THINK I'll STOP AT 100 Wink
    - MORE; MORE; MORE. You might earn 10,000 BURST tonight if I go higher Wink
    - MORE PUBLICATIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED; doesn't need to be an email address but a contact form is good too

** EDIT 4: 24 entries taken now!
    - NOTE: If we reach 100, the next 50 entries after that will be 200 BURST for BLOGS and PUBLICATIONS (print or online); PUBLICATIONS in certian foregn langueges will be accepted (Scandinavia, Spanish, Russia, Portugees, Franch, Dutch, German). Twitter accounts will pay 50 BURST after 100

** EDIT 5: EPIC WORK, GUYS, EPIC!! BREAK ME, plz, DO NOT STOP!! Wink
    - Even if I say more publications, twitter is fully and equally paid up to 100; I will pay more for publication within the first 100 entries tho. After 100 entries, BLOGS AND PUBLICATIONS WILL PAY 200 BURST and TWITTER 50 BURST

** EDIT 6: 63 entries!! Great guys, really nice of you.
    - Please continue Smiley I would like to announce that the former roof a 100 entries are now officially 200 entries Smiley However, the the above rules apply.
    - Note that you still can get 200 Bursts for a single (relevant) twitter account, up to 100 entry.
    - After that, 200 Burst will be paid for for PUBLICATIONS, not only in English but also in certain languages (UPDATED list: "Scandinavian" (you know what I mean), Spanish, Russia, Portuguese, France, Dutch, German. Chines, Thai, South Corea), both in print and online. This also include blogs in those languages.
    - And don't forget to email [email protected] with what you have been adding and an address so I can send you the money! Plz remember, its holidays coming up so if I have a lot of email, this can take awhile. I'll keep you updated on that!
    - And please continue: only 30 percent of the quota has been filled yet Smiley Smiley

5.26AM:
    I would lastly would like to say thank you for your work and I hope the community can continue to contribute to the development of Burst in this way, sometimes payed, sometimes for free. We must all cooperate to get Burst to the place in crypte where it belongs; technological innovation can to much but connections, friends, becoming a "name" and regularly be active on twitter and other places are so important. To this you have been to great help Smiley
    [/list]

A promise: This is the very last update of the post: We now allow cryto-related forums in the spread sheet. The same conditions apply as above, including allowed languages. For the forum entries, you do not have to provide the contact info but the correct subforum where information of Burst in general and the press release in general should be posted. The forum has to be active (e.g. with recent post), and forums with with less then 2,000 members will be payed 100 BURST while all forums with more than 2,000 members will give 200 BURST. All forums but BitCoinTalk.com are allowed

Link to spread sheep is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tQ5Eu3nEjGT3w8PcSoMpVw8rzKjytISqa3bH04lgozc/edit#gid=0

Please, read the former conditions carefully as they apply in addition to the new terms.

We now have 105 entries; there must be 45 relevant forums out there so that we can break 150 entries. Please try!!

Lastly: just a remainder that payment might take a while, but they will come
    Smiley
    I'm not at home atm, and started to think I got too few coins the last days. It haven't been terrible but still noticeable worse than usual. So I log into the boxes just now to check them out: It turns out I've had two rigs not mining with a total of 48tb for four days...  Angry

And a note from the PR team: We are getting closer to releasing the "simple" press lease. We will used the contacts in the spread sheet; I'm still paying for relevant publications, blogs and twitter accounts, so keep adding until I say we are done Smiley Also, soon a BURST article will published on a new crypto news site, that we are existing about. And... And... Well, we got much more coming up Smiley

Thanks!
    (---)
    Also, interestingly.. I posted here a little friendly post letting Ethereum folks know we had Smart Contracts working and that they should come write one.. they deleted the post and banned my account!  Looks like someone is scared Smiley   Can't wait till we can get those press releases out the door!
    https://forum.ethereum.org/categories/services-and-decentralized-applications

(---)

Made me laugh out load! How long did it them to ban you?
    Activity: 108
    Merit: 10
    With more than 2 disks, I'd go with Blago if you're mining on windows.
    Jump to: