Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE] - page 56. (Read 237657 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Invest in your future.
I'm thinking long term here, but to facilitate large scale adoption Checkcoin will need an extremely easy point of sales. It should be very convenient for people how they aquire CKC. Things like gift cards, credit card sales etc. The first question potential newcomers will ask is 'cool, but how can I get Checkcoin' an answer like 'mine them' or 'buy BTC then go to an exchange to swap them for CKC' will make no sense to the crypto uneducated. I don't know if this is being worked on right now, but it should be if development resources allow it. When the platform has fully matured we want people to be able to hop on board without going the usual crypto route. This is paramount to CKC's success. Lots of coins that aimed at adoption outside the cryptosphere failed because their point of sales was overly complicated.

Bump, incredibly legit. I agree.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
I'm thinking long term here, but to facilitate large scale adoption Checkcoin will need an extremely easy point of sales. It should be very convenient for people how they aquire CKC. Things like gift cards, credit card sales etc. The first question potential newcomers will ask is 'cool, but how can I get Checkcoin' an answer like 'mine them' or 'buy BTC then go to an exchange to swap them for CKC' will make no sense to the crypto uneducated. I don't know if this is being worked on right now, but it should be if development resources allow it. When the platform has fully matured we want people to be able to hop on board without going the usual crypto route. This is paramount to CKC's success. Lots of coins that aimed at adoption outside the cryptosphere failed because their point of sales was overly complicated.
I estimate that a Checkcoin zone will be backed up by a CKC ATM. For me it would be just a matter of downloading the app/wallet via a qr code (stickers maybe?) and changing fiat currency for CKC at the ATM.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
SolydK:

xyz@xyz ~/checkcoin $ ./checkcoin-qt
./checkcoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Sad I've got all the required libraries.

This is what turns me off somewhat. Average joe blogs will look at that and think 'wtf' but I looked into it and found some advice to create a symlink. The average user won't understand this. Can you compile a static binary? I'm trying to look at this (as I do any new coin) as a normal everyday person would and to be frank it's a lot of stuffing around.

Edit to add: When I got into bitcoin in 2011 everything 'just worked' from the qt client. Thought granted it would fuck up continuously at least it ran.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Only 2 votes? We need more action guys, passivity is no good. Remember the devteam needs active users to help develop services, promotion and adoption.

https://cryptex.biz/page/voting
#3 voted
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
A paperwallet generator is needed. It is surprising that CKC does not have one yet, as so many coins do.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
Only 2 votes? We need more action guys, passivity is no good. Remember the devteam needs active users to help develop services, promotion and adoption.

https://cryptex.biz/page/voting
Activity: 177
Invest in your future.
Absolutely love the side-trend.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
No rocket, but still steady going to a high altitude  Cool

Activity: 227
Maurice/CKC devs,
I urge you guys to start doing a dev team blog with weekly updates, photos, and screenshots of the GPS framework & App development. This will decrease the amount of FUD and will also help you guys maintain a positive trustworthy image in the altcoins community. It would really be groundbreaking for a team of professional devs to maintain consistent communication with your users. It will help bring CKC to the moon as well as solidifying your reputation and minimize investors risk potential

I'm in this for the long run, and it seems most holders are! But don't be afraid to sell a little and buy back.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts on Checkcoin. I'm sorry I have not yet found the time to update our blog. We are all about transparency, our doors are always open (not sure where you are from). Ironically, now that more individuals and companies are starting to learn about Checkcoin I have been exploring the world and discovering a lot of new places myself. I've been out of office quite a lot, it's the reason I have not yet been able to keep you all updated on everything that happens. I'll try to work on keeping our blog up to date and posting some pictures when I'm at the office.

Best regards,

Maurice

Bitsend

Activity: 227
For the dev team
Let's try to get merchants on board with Checkcoin ASAP. They would do wonders for marketing the coin and spreading awareness among it's customers. I will get the word out to my merchant followers on Twitter, but I think we should start pitching to businesses as a means of marketing.

Hat's off to the Dev's for deploying such a revolutionary concept in crypto. I'm all in on Checkcoin!

We'll start reaching out to merchants once our software is fully developed and tested. Thankfully we've got a head start here, BitSend has already helped many businesses set up and accept Bitcoin. We will reach out to these clients and introduce them with Checkcoin, if all goes well we will even be able to help many merchants set up. We've got some great idea's that will help Checkcoin grow and create loads of awareness among customers.
Pages:
Jump to: