Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]ChronoLogic - Proof-of-Time token on Ethereum - page 5. (Read 45343 times)

Activity: 381
Merit: 11
Will Chronologic need more how many months to show the one that came in the cryptocurrency market? Currently there are some competitors and for example, what is the real difference that DAY could offer besides some more tokens in the wallet if the prices are decreasing? Or as the price decreases, is the possibility of receiving more DAY true? Why should Chronologic have any intrinsic value? Just like countless tokens, there is no sense. Undecided

Let me enlighten you and answer as simple as possible to those question you have raised. First of all, DAY tokens has been in the market for 4 to 5 months now. They are tradable now  to the public that is why the value is low right now because its publicly driven. I have no idea about other competitors that is at the same concept with chronologic.  But DAY tokens offer procedure that schedules transaction in the future . To compensate that ETH will be rewarded. As timeMints halve every 88 days, the production of DAY tokens collectively decreases. As time goes by lesser would be available to the public as DAY holders are using the tokens to earn ETH via EAC. Demand for DAY token will increase as a result of timenodes but the supply slowly decreases making it higher scarcity does putting the price up. Chronologic indeed makes a lot of sense using time-based products and services.
gret summary..for the ECA will this be somehow similar to a normal wallet running 24/7h or does it also work like the timemints now..that i dont need to have any system runninng permanently?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Will Chronologic need more how many months to show the one that came in the cryptocurrency market? Currently there are some competitors and for example, what is the real difference that DAY could offer besides some more tokens in the wallet if the prices are decreasing? Or as the price decreases, is the possibility of receiving more DAY true? Why should Chronologic have any intrinsic value? Just like countless tokens, there is no sense. Undecided

Let me enlighten you and answer as simple as possible to those question you have raised. First of all, DAY tokens has been in the market for 4 to 5 months now. They are tradable now  to the public that is why the value is low right now because its publicly driven. I have no idea about other competitors that is at the same concept with chronologic.  But DAY tokens offer procedure that schedules transaction in the future . To compensate that ETH will be rewarded. As timeMints halve every 88 days, the production of DAY tokens collectively decreases. As time goes by lesser would be available to the public as DAY holders are using the tokens to earn ETH via EAC. Demand for DAY token will increase as a result of timenodes but the supply slowly decreases making it higher scarcity does putting the price up. Chronologic indeed makes a lot of sense using time-based products and services.
The current price is looking very sadly. Constant downtrend..  very bad investment at this point. I hope devs will implement features exclusive for timemints. Otherwise investors will be screwed probably.

My suggestion is try to watch Chronologic's webinar. They hosted a lot of interesting projects namely, Chronos DaPP, EAC, Crypto and the Chronos Protocol. Sure the projects mentioned are not yet released but the potentials are huge specially EAC where one can earn considerable amount of ETH just running a timenode. Head over to their official blog site to better understand the concept of Chronologic and DAY tokens.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
in-spite of the very low supply this token is struggling, the team is pathetic why do even created this coin when you dont have time to even update your website it still says it is in ICO.

The only thing I think you are focused on is the price. Just recently Logan and the team Chronologic won the grand prize Hackathon sponsored by Melonport in Reinvent Finance conference. There are so many features of this platform like scheduled transactions and condition transactions that is essential to decentralized exchange. Because of its limited supply the team is slowly picking up the pieces . Might as well wait for another year or choroERA 8 for DAY to become what the price you want it to be.

Hi MoneyJ, I agree with your assessment. My question is, why is chronoEra 8 special?

Well if we are to analyze it chronoERA 8  approximately marks the 2nd year of launching and mathematically timemints produce smaller amount of DAY tokens collectively . Thus making DAY tokens scarce. Then hopefully by that time Chronos has been adapted by so many crypto entities to leverage their respective products and services. And last 8 for me is the luckiest number.
haha MoneyJ speak truth Smiley from my calculation after 1year post ICO timemints will produce already very slowly so it will be possible to see some trading § beginning of the adoption. but hodl 2years it's not so long for big money
in-spite of the very low supply this token is struggling, the team is pathetic why do even created this coin when you dont have time to even update your website it still says it is in ICO.

The only thing I think you are focused on is the price. Just recently Logan and the team Chronologic won the grand prize Hackathon sponsored by Melonport in Reinvent Finance conference. There are so many features of this platform like scheduled transactions and condition transactions that is essential to decentralized exchange. Because of its limited supply the team is slowly picking up the pieces . Might as well wait for another year or choroERA 8 for DAY to become what the price you want it to be.

Hi MoneyJ, I agree with your assessment. My question is, why is chronoEra 8 special?

Well if we are to analyze it chronoERA 8  approximately marks the 2nd year of launching and mathematically timemints produce smaller amount of DAY tokens collectively . Thus making DAY tokens scarce. Then hopefully by that time Chronos has been adapted by so many crypto entities to leverage their respective products and services. And last 8 for me is the luckiest number.
Activity: 172
Merit: 0
The current price is looking very sadly. Constant downtrend..  very bad investment at this point. I hope devs will implement features exclusive for timemints. Otherwise investors will be screwed probably.
Activity: 7

Is there a guide what holders of timemint will have to do to run a timenode? Like stetup, min amount of day tokens etc...thanks

Not sure if it's different for timemints, but in general,  there are two parts to this:

Acquiring test node tokens:
https://blog.chronologic.network/how-to-get-eth-and-day-on-the-kovan-test-network-f2190076052a

Proving DAY ownership to set up timenode:
https://blog.chronologic.network/how-to-prove-day-ownership-to-be-a-timenode-3dc1333c74ef
Activity: 448
Merit: 258
Activity: 381
Merit: 11
Is there a guide what holders of timemint will have to do to run a timenode? Like stetup, min amount of day tokens etc...thanks
The people that own DAY since day 1 will most likely wait patiently another few weeks, or in a worst case scenario months even, because finally a use case / utility is coming. That does not necessarily automatically mean price goes up, because the free floating DAY on exchanges (the part that is not locked in timemints (the original ico eth addresses) sets the price, always remember that. When timenodes prove to be economically profitable, demand for DAY will rise.

Great post Obi-Wan, and I must commend you for your commitment to this thread. I just read this entire thread in one sitting to get a sense of the project's history. This is the first thread I've read on this forum, and if I knew how to "merit" your posts then I would.

I'm really hoping to chat with anyone via DM or private message here, on telegram, or on discord, who has been a Chronologic investor since 2017. I'd love to talk to someone who is closer to the history (if you were in the old slack channel, please let me know, I would love to talk to you!) or anyone who has a very good sense of how this project has evolved. Feel free to send me a direct message.

It's very clear that the team had some issues at the start given the Yesterday tokens and the lack of transparency around the project for some time. I would really love to talk with someone that experienced frustration during those periods of time.

As a new person, I think this is a very interesting project to monitor.

One question about something you said, Obi:
At the end of next month or early july (IF the security audit is done and green light is given) the Ethereum Alarm Clock (EAC) will be on the ethereum mainnet,

In an April blog post, the ChronoLogic team seemed to indicate that the security audit is related to ERC20 scheduling but not ETH scheduling. Am I interpreting their post wrong? If I'm correct it would imply they're already greenlit for ETH scheduling but not for ERC20's yet, and the audit is focused on the ERC20 functionality?

Quote in particular:

ChronoLogic partnered with Merriam to continue the development of the Ethereum Alarm Clock and now it has reached a major milestone. One can now schedule ERC20 token transfers on the Kovan Test Network. Pending a security audit, this functionality will soon be available on the main net.
Very well explained Obi-Wan Coinob1. Blockchain application platform such as Chronologic has the huge potentials in the long run. It will take time and slowly timemints are still building its ecosystem by producing enough DAY tokens to support the future application fuels. I will say give DAY token price 3 years for it to be really at an ICO price.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
Thx for the explanation Obi-Wan Coinob1, I believe in the little experience I have on the market for encryption coins, I believe that after the EAC of new partners or a new roadmap for 2019, listing in new exchanges, even though small will be more people to know this CL project, which I bet is good, that will lead to a bigger volume, if everything happens successfully in timenode, chrono-node, we will have few tokens day in the exchanges because holding the token will be more profitable than a possible trade in exchanges.
Waiting for 1 to 2 years ahead, I would bet on an approximate value in usd around 40usd or more, would be an affordable price and a gradual path according to the script ... again thank you for your opinion that it is very relevant.
Activity: 29
Merit: 15
someone more experienced here could give their opinion on the value of the token DAY, for example the value that will be from here a year or two years of project.
I was also hoping that someone could come by and post prediction and speculation about the price in a month and year to come but there is none, the ICO token was sold 24 USD a piece now it is trading 2.13 USD imagine the lost.

Don't you know by now that your guess is as good as anyone else's? There are no "experts", speculation about price in dollars in x months from now is more depending on bitcoin than anything else almost. I can give you my take though:

At the end of next month or early july (IF the security audit is done and green light is given) the Ethereum Alarm Clock (EAC) will be on the ethereum mainnet, that's an important starting point by which we will see if the DAY token can shape its own price trajectory or not. Since it's needed as a stake for running timenodes, we will probably see some action i think, probably not with very high volumes though.

The ico price for the DAY token, assuming you were one of the 3333 ico participants, was around $12.5 by the way (when ether was 300$), but keep in mind that for the ico participants DAY is a self minting token that has grown 280% so far with a declining growth rate. To give you an example: if you bought 24 DAY (for 1 ETH) during ICO, you now have 91 DAY, assuming you didn't move them at any time from your original ethereum address.

The people that own DAY since day 1 will most likely wait patiently another few weeks, or in a worst case scenario months even, because finally a use case / utility is coming. That does not necessarily automatically mean price goes up, because the free floating DAY on exchanges (the part that is not locked in timemints (the original ico eth addresses) sets the price, always remember that. When timenodes prove to be economically profitable, demand for DAY will rise.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
someone more experienced here could give their opinion on the value of the token DAY, for example the value that will be from here a year or two years of project.
I was also hoping that someone could come by and post prediction and speculation about the price in a month and year to come but there is none, the ICO token was sold 24 USD a piece now it is trading 2.13 USD imagine the lost.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
I can't wait for the scheduled transactions to go online on the mainnet. I'm ready to become a timenode.

Well, just hold your horses and be ready. With the recent blog published regarding news features of mycrypto ethereum wallet, scheduled transaction feature is being highlighted. So if ever this will start, your timemint is basically needed for execution. Just imagine it will come a time where a 1000 scheduled transactions are being placed every single day.
Activity: 16
I can't wait for the scheduled transactions to go online on the mainnet. I'm ready to become a timenode.
The longer the code of initial version of EAC , the better audit results. I should be confident with EAC to entrust my hard minted DAY tokens because of in depth analysis of its code.
Pages:
Jump to: