Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]ChronoLogic - Proof-of-Time token on Ethereum - page 7. (Read 45343 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Probably not the first guy asking this, but can someone explain the whole idea like I am a 6 years old.
I bought some day tokens back at the ico and now I don't know if it's worth keeping them or selling them?

I have 788 DAY tokens at the original purchasing address + 254 YESTERDAY tokens, which I seem to have moved from the original address to a new address.

In my opinion it is really worth keeping . Several reasons will make sense to you. First you have enough tokens to be a timenode where in your Day tokens are tasked to execute future or scheduled transactions for the EAC protocol. Second with the Day token's limited supply rest assured that your token will be worthy because of rarity factor. Last would be its role in the Ethereum ecosystem is essential to the development of it.

Thanks for your reply, but I still don't know how all this works.
What is a timemint? Why are there YESTERDAY tokens and are they different than DAY tokens?

During ICO period if you contributed 5 or more ETH you are entitled to one of 3333 timemints being offered. This timemint has unique chrono power that generates DAY token everyday depending on your chrono power  and your current number of DAY tokens . After 88 days the chrono power halve itself so for example your previous minting power is 0.75% it will be just 0.375% for the next 88 days and so on . Giving lesser power of minting in the long run.

Yesterday tokens were accidentally created from the old smart contract because its minting power are 1 decimal place less than it would intend to mint. Instead of let say 1% mint the smart contract were minting just 0.1% . So developer corrected this by implementing another smart contract thus giving the previous DAY with YDAY  identity.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
Probably not the first guy asking this, but can someone explain the whole idea like I am a 6 years old.
I bought some day tokens back at the ico and now I don't know if it's worth keeping them or selling them?

I have 788 DAY tokens at the original purchasing address + 254 YESTERDAY tokens, which I seem to have moved from the original address to a new address.

In my opinion it is really worth keeping . Several reasons will make sense to you. First you have enough tokens to be a timenode where in your Day tokens are tasked to execute future or scheduled transactions for the EAC protocol. Second with the Day token's limited supply rest assured that your token will be worthy because of rarity factor. Last would be its role in the Ethereum ecosystem is essential to the development of it.

Thanks for your reply, but I still don't know how all this works.
What is a timemint? Why are there YESTERDAY tokens and are they different than DAY tokens?

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

Interesting topics included on today's upcoming webinar as developers would discuss about the launching of EAC version 1.0.0 and improved claiming bounty mechanism.
Activity: 29
Merit: 15
So how did the webinar has gone through? Hope that there is a recorded session on official YouTube channel of chronologic. I believe it was about an in depth explanation on MyCrypto wallet integration as to how Day tokens would be used to execute a scheduled transaction.

There is a recorded session available on CL's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdY7zwRQq0Y

Below here I copy/pasted the relevant written questions/remarks and answers from the april 17th webinar:

Q: Hi, I'd like to know if I can sell my TimeMint another way than having 8888 Day tokens.
A: Unfortunately no.

[edit: below 6 questions are about the conditional scheduling feature as being presented in the first part of the webinar] :

Q: Conditional scheduling can potentially be used for all decentralized exchanges
A: Precisely

Q: Nice. Market it as IFTTT (if-this-then-that) for crypto
A: That is a valid suggestion

Q: No priorities for timemint holders?
A: Claiming Mechaninsm, does that

Q: So will Time Mint holders have an advantage?
A: Yes, they will

Q: Also timemint?
A: Including TimeMint

Q: or just day amount?
A: both factors are put into consideration

[edit: below questions are about timenodes and the EAC in general and the ether/erc20 token scheduling feature as being presented in the rest of the webinar] :

Q: Do I have to use metamask when proving day token ownership to set up a timenode. Can I prove direct from a hardware wallet?
A: You should be able to prove using your hardware wallet, from mycrypto. The process uses a signed message from the address holding DAY. So you might be able to do so either way.

Q: Process did not work when signing direct from trezor
A: Kindly create an Issue on github, describing your experience, and we would get on it

Q: Can an existing Trezor account set up with MyEtherWallet.com access MyCrypto? My Timemint is tied to a Trezor / MEW address
A: Yes, you only need to sign a proof for your MEW address, from your Trezor

Q: When mainnet?
A: We are still waiting on the security audit, it might take up to 10 weeks

Q: Often ICOs require to whitelist an ETH address for participation to get the ERC20 token. This problem is unsolvable to EAC, isn't it?
A: The process would be to whitelist the generated schedule contract

Q: Is there any EAC V2 timenode version we can test? Especially CLI version... eac-js.cli on github seems to be outdated
A: Answered Live !!!

Q: How safe is EAC atm? A bullet-proof security audit would be essential before release EAC to the main net. And even then, declared clearly as BETA with use by own risk. One big issue on main net could kill the whole project.
A: We have begun an extensive security audit.

Q: Is there a plan to go out from Ethereum space with chronologic? I mean bring it into a cross chain environment?
A: Actually we are discussing this internally

Q: What is the advantage of having a time mint over just holding just 333Day.
A: You get priority claiming as a timenode [edit: i think he meant "as a timemint"]

Q: Looking further ahead - i presume companies could use the eth alarm clock for payment of stock dividends? Would this have to be paid in ETH? or could it be set for any fiat currency?
A: Only in ERC20 or ETH at the moment.

Q: Cool! Excited to hear about upcoming partnerships and who is catching on to the value here
A: We would update as we have confirmed partnerships

Q: keeping a trezor connected as a time node defeats the point of having a hard wallet
A: That is not a planned implementation, presently

Q: Will it be possible to link more than 1 timemint to a timenode? (in order to create a sort of timenode pool?)
A: we are looking at ways to implement that

If you've found this useful, merit me please Smiley thanks.
Just learning how EAC and myCrypto would collaborate on scheduled transactions makes me excited plus the fact that developers are now working on not just Ether but ERC20 token as well. Conditional scheduled transactions can also be made possible with future development of Chronos DApp.
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
Vitalik Buterin Talks To ChronoLogic
About Ethereum Alarm Clock

https://youtu.be/a1nOz3vvQiE
So how did the webinar has gone through? Hope that there is a recorded session on official YouTube channel of chronologic. I believe it was about an in depth explanation on MyCrypto wallet integration as to how Day tokens would be used to execute a scheduled transaction.
Activity: 381
Merit: 11
good news with new exchanges:)

i need your help guys...i have discovered transactions from the address 0x00000..00...the same address where i got the initial DAys-tokens from. I did not trigger these transactions and they are also not the daily DAY-tokens...so i am wondering what those transactions are. Addditinaly these transcations are never added to my balance ^^ So i contacted the support but i dont really get how his answer is realted to my question:

"Hello there,
so, regarding your TimeMint there are two very distinct things you will notice:
1st is the DAY allocation that is added to you daily due to the TimeMint's inherent minting process.
2nd is the DAY transfer from the token's smart contract to your address everytime you move DAY tokens from or to your TimeMint. This was designed so gas is saved and a daily transaction isn't needed to send you the DAY tokens minted by your TimeMint.
Hope this answers your question.
Best Regards,
XXX
ChronoLogic Team"

I added some DAY from another Eth address but those are regualry accounted for. So i still dont understand what those 0x00..00 transactions are. Can anyone help me out?  Thanks

Please delete the post if support answered shall not be shared here...
Supply of Day token is just limited to a max of possible 4million. Lesser will be expected because some sold their stake earlier that their respective timemints practically producing no day token. Some may just forgotten their wallet private keys . So anything can happen that would really diminish the projected total supply of day tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
really believe in this project, now with new exchanges have a better volume and new investors, I see that we have a very small amount of DAY in the exchanges, and a sign that many are in HOLD.
actually many have sold and only few bag holders still holds once they hit there target price, Day token will be pouring like rain but the supply is too small.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
really believe in this project, now with new exchanges have a better volume and new investors, I see that we have a very small amount of DAY in the exchanges, and a sign that many are in HOLD.
It seems DAYS are getting brighter for chronologic. Hitbtc just begin accepting trade orders for DAY tokens. More exposure to the exchange better value for DAY
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
for people who are here mainly for an investment and at the moment(how knows;)) dont plan to do a own dapp-project- will i have to do something to earn the faucets in the future? or can i just keep my day in my timemint and let the time pass for more reward? Or will i need something like a 24/7 wallet to provide stability or get rewards?
thanks guys

If you have a timemint and we are only at chronoERA 3 plus having an adequate balance in your wallet, you are ok and earning. Until such time that timemint yields smaller amount as every 88 days the power of your timemint will be cut in half.
Activity: 381
Merit: 11
for people who are here mainly for an investment and at the moment(how knows;)) dont plan to do a own dapp-project- will i have to do something to earn the faucets in the future? or can i just keep my day in my timemint and let the time pass for more reward? Or will i need something like a 24/7 wallet to provide stability or get rewards?
thanks guys
Activity: 29
Merit: 15

ok sorry for late response, I wasn't using metamask at all I was using MEW by changing it at kovan simply.
I will try metamask later but I will need to transfer my DAY tokens from minting adress to a metamask adress ? :/
thanks for help

No problem for responding 'late', this isn't a chat but a bulletin board fortunately Smiley

To get straight to your question: no, don't move any day tokens from your timemint, ever! unless you're selling them.
You need Kovan test DAY tokens because the chronologic dapp is still in the testing phase on the Kovan test net, and you can receive them by requesting from the faucet at https://app.chronologic.network/faucet . Once the dapp goes into actual 'production phase', you will need to prove ownership of the ethereum address where you keep your real DAY tokens, but not for now! you want to first get accustomed to the dapp, how it functions, experience being a timenode and perhaps schedule some transactions yourself.

Metamask is a browser extension with which you can access existing ethereum wallets/accounts without the need to expose your private key to dapps/exchanges/websites. The accounts you already own and set up once through MEW or mycrypto you can easily import in MetaMask. Do keep the MetaMask password and seed phrase private and in a safe place of course.
While being connected to the Kovan test network you can sign a message with the help of MEW ( https://www.myetherwallet.com/signmsg.html ) or mycrypto ( https://www.mycrypto.com/signmsg.html ) , that shouldn't matter, but the preferred way of doing this is by accessing the wallet (where your Kovan test DAY resides that you requested from the faucet!) through MetaMask. You will get a MetaMask popup to sign the message, the signature you then submit in the chronologic dapp.

If you still have trouble, join the unofficial discord channel and ask for help at https://discord.gg/2tStfUP  or the official telegram channel at https://t.me/chronologicnetwork .
Pages:
Jump to: