Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 493. (Read 1150746 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
Is khashier going to have stats soon?
Indeed.  
Not a whole lot to report at the moment, unfortunately.
We've been hoping for an exchange with some volume to begin the trading scripts.
Just been stacking BTC in the meantime.
If you'd like to PM your CLAMS address, I would be happy to throw some info your way.
Just hate to turn all the scripts on, buy CLAMS at the current prices @ AGX.io, and start populating the database.
Makes sense.  Probably no rush.  I was just thinking some simple miner hashrate stats and stuff might be nice in the meantime.

yeah, we get it.
We really do.

We had some long talks early on about stats at the pool.
Initially we displayed what coin we were mining and a wealth of other statistics.

The problem is, how much can you display without giving away what coin your mining, and all the market manipulation carry-on baggage that comes with that....
I will put some thought into breaking some stats out of some of the other work, as a stand-alone stop-gap while we wait.
Don't mean to brush anyone off by any means Smiley
All-time investment in the pool is incrementing away in the database and watched daily.
Just a matter of putting some CLAMS in the wallet, so they can be paid-out Grin

Haha, really, if people are going to give away their private keys then by all means... go for it...  Huh  Shocked
umm, yeah we are going to give away our private keys
simple instructions:
1. make a copy of your wallet.dat to use for CLAM
2. create a new address and send your coins there
3. safely import your previous copy of wallet.dat into your CLAM wallet and just don't use the old addresses anymore
hi! I apologize for my noob question... i use bitcoin core... Can i move my btc to another address but in the same client? do i understand right? thx to all of u!

No need to apologize at all Smiley

You can move your BTC to ANY address in ANY client.
You can send your BTC to an exchange and buy an Altcoin (preferably CLAMS Grin).

All that matters is that there was BTC in the wallet when we did our dumps, which was a bit of time ago now.

Where that BTC is NOW, doesn't matter even a smidgeon!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Haha, really, if people are going to give away their private keys then by all means... go for it...  Huh  Shocked

simple instructions:

3. safely import your previous copy of wallet.dat into your CLAM wallet and just don't use the old addresses anymore

hi! I apologize for my noob question... i use bitcoin core... Can i move my btc to another address but in the same client? do i understand right? thx to all of u!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Indeed. 

We've been hoping for an exchange with some volume to begin the trading scripts.

If you'd like to PM your CLAMS address, I would be happy to throw some info your way.

Just hate to turn all the scripts on, buy CLAMS at the current prices @ AGX.io, and start populating the database.
Makes sense.  Probably no rush.  I was just thinking some simple miner hashrate stats and stuff might be nice in the meantime.
CLAM Developer

Indeed. 

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CLAM Developer
Haha, really, if people are going to give away their private keys then by all means... go for it...  Huh  Shocked
simple instructions:

Yeah Sad

It seems some people are either incapable of understanding, or choose to not listen Tongue

Ah well, here we are -> CLAMS to the world.
Take it or leave it, they are your CLAMS; and should be waiting for you if or when you decide to claim them.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

simple instructions:

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I really like this coins. It's sort of a treasure hunt, checking if you may have some coins left with some other wallet Smiley
Activity: 392
This one looks very promissing.
CLAM Developer
totally excited for this, can't wait to see it on some more exchanges

No Joke! Tongue

We hope after we've been around a bit; and folks have had a chance to wrap their heads around what Proof-Of-Chain means; we will get some real adoption.

We expect big things is the near future Grin
Activity: 77
totally excited for this, can't wait to see it on some more exchanges
CLAM Developer
I think this coin would rock the major exchanges!
I got my 9 clams!
I think they are precious than BTC Tongue

We thought the concept was quite "precious" as well Grin

Still working with a few exchanges as we speak to get listed.
At least one is looking into how to go about implementing CLAMS such that exchange held CLAMS are distributed to their users!
Activity: 382
I think this coin would rock the major exchanges!

I got my 9 clams!

I think they are precious than BTC Tongue
CLAM Developer
https://twitter.com/devnullius/status/472440520405704704
@ClamClient When copying btc/ltc/doge wallet.dat to %AppData%\Clam as instructed, wouldn't I overwrite Clam's own wallet.dat??
Please explain like I'm a five year old ;p
Devvie

Sure!

Your coins are associated with privateKeys (just strings of cryptographic letters stored in the wallet.dat file).

When you first start the CLAM Client, it creates an empty (no coins) wallet.dat file in the AppData/Clam folder.

However, if you already had coins associated with that wallet.dat (privateKeys) then you want to rename the file and back-up it up in another folder!

If you have no coins associated with the wallet.dat file, then it should not matter -> However, we recommend that you always keep a secure back-up of every wallet.dat that is manually moved, renamed, or fiddled with!
CLAM Developer
REMOVED AN ADVERTISEMENT FROM DEDICATEDPOOL.COM FOR A DARKCOIN POOL.

Please do not post advertisements not related to CLAMS in this thread.

Thank You.
Activity: 452
https://twitter.com/devnullius/status/472440520405704704

@ClamClient When copying btc/ltc/doge wallet.dat to %AppData%\Clam as instructed, wouldn't I overwrite Clam's own wallet.dat??

Please explain like I'm a five year old ;p

Devvie
CLAM Developer
so essentially, import private key from our doge/btc/ltc wallet to clam wallet and voila?
Yup!
Though if you import the entire wallet, don't forget to use the --salvagewallet parameter, as the additional meta-data in the wallet will gum the gears.

I should also mention (in case someone reads this and doesn't understand how "change" addresses work) that your Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin might NOT be associated with the address you think it is.  Every time you send coins, the remaining coins of the outputs used are silently sent to what is called a "change" address.

So, we would suggest that most users import the entire wallet.

If you are an advanced user and choose to import individual keys: make sure that the keys you import were associated with your coins roughly ~2 weeks ago (which can be very difficult to ascertain).
CLAM Developer
so essentially, import private key from our doge/btc/ltc wallet to clam wallet and voila?

Yup!

Though if you import the entire wallet, don't forget to use the --salvagewallet parameter, as the additional meta-data in the wallet will gum the gears.
Activity: 86

Jump to: