Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CON] PayCon™ HI POS | LiteStake | Multisend | TOR | Android - page 8. (Read 179152 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
The developers have ran into quite a few issues while working on the existing code and also attempting with a new code base.

What were the issues?

Concerning the old code it's basically just outdated at this point.  Initially the plan was to remove TOR to help with the current orphans issue but once in the code it really wasn't worth the work to go backwards with the code and then try to move forward with newer features.

Concerning the implementation of a new base code was moreless the lack of discussion towards the direction CON is moving. Eg. Coin-Swap or No Coin-Swap, type of POS algorithm, etc. 

My wording "issues" might not have been the correct way to explain it but that should paint a better picture. 

Also, to be blunt about my position is I am doing a lot of learning here as well. I've been part of Crypto for a few years now but never was a dev for a coin.  Was part of the Netcoin foundation for most of my crypto experience thus far.  I know quite a few programming languages; however, my weakest unfortunately is C++.  What better way to learn more though right?  I'm eager to learn more about coin code as well as help out a community in need. I hope this helps everyone get a better understanding of my situation.

Eh OOP is OOP, shouldn't have too hard of a struggle with c++ vs others. The struggle is probably more about the familiarity with the giant code base that the coins come from. What also doesn't help is how fragmented all the coins are with codebases.

I think a lot of the problem is that Crestington might have had partial implementations of certain featuers. And yes, adding the TOR thing was a huge mistake imo. It seemed to really cause the code to struggle, which is why I never updated my block explorer to that code.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Faucet Emporium has sent payouts, 6/8/16!

We hope everyone is getting some CON.
Activity: 393
Merit: 500
The developers have ran into quite a few issues while working on the existing code and also attempting with a new code base.

What were the issues?

Concerning the old code it's basically just outdated at this point.  Initially the plan was to remove TOR to help with the current orphans issue but once in the code it really wasn't worth the work to go backwards with the code and then try to move forward with newer features.

Concerning the implementation of a new base code was moreless the lack of discussion towards the direction CON is moving. Eg. Coin-Swap or No Coin-Swap, type of POS algorithm, etc. 

My wording "issues" might not have been the correct way to explain it but that should paint a better picture. 

Also, to be blunt about my position is I am doing a lot of learning here as well. I've been part of Crypto for a few years now but never was a dev for a coin.  Was part of the Netcoin foundation for most of my crypto experience thus far.  I know quite a few programming languages; however, my weakest unfortunately is C++.  What better way to learn more though right?  I'm eager to learn more about coin code as well as help out a community in need. I hope this helps everyone get a better understanding of my situation.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer

What were the issues?
Hello CON Community

I would like to open the discussion for a proposed coin swap.  In my opinion a coin swap would be good for CON due to the built up inflation.  There are approx. 23million CON currently in circulation.   I personally would like to do a proportional swap down to say 230k CON or 2.3million CON.  Also, the current avg. yearly APR is around 190%.  I would like to take this down to around 50%.  I believe this would be a good start to get CON back on it's feet while working towards a brighter future.  Once a new wallet has been released either with or without the coin swap new features and projects can then be started moving forward.  I have ideas of my own I would like to add to CON after the new code /wallets have been released but would love to hear from the community on things they would like to see in CON's future as well.

Your opinions and concerns are greatly appreciated.

Also, due to these discussions and important decisions please being patience for the new code/wallet release.  I will be working diligently to get things completed as soon as possible but do not want to my rash decisions when it comes to the future of CON.  I appreciate your patience and support moving forward.

CryptoTech
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
Ok people we got a new slack set up, link is:
slackin.conslackin.tk
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
I have a question for the community to get a "vote" as to what we should do.
The wallets are 2-3 weeks away from release. The new OP can be released in 1-2 days.
Should we release the new OP before the wallets have been updated with the new logo and released?
Activity: 473
I found CON at the bter voting list. If somebody has an account on that with some BTR points, please vote for CON.

https://bter.com/voting

With the issues now discovered a new code base is still the plan moving forward but we will be keeping the original chain so no coin swap needed.

We do not have an ETA at this time, but if everything goes well we hope to complete this in about 3 weeks.

If you want to follow the news and stay up to date,

join our CON Community Skype Group (https://join.skype.com/rpgzo9hbOUoj) or our Slack group (http://slackin.conslackin.tk). I will send 200CON to everybody who joins us for a minimum of 3 days

Estimated ETA 3 Weeks:

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Faucet Emporium has sent payouts, 6/4/16!

Make sure you come get you some CON. faucetemporium.net
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
I can't wait for updated wallet. With the new one we try to add CON to Bittrex. CON is suffered by collapse of Cryptsy but it will be shining again. It's a good time to join new supporters.
Hello CON Community!!!

We are making progress with CON.  New graphics have already been completed.  Coding is in the works as we speak.  We will begin working on a new website soon as well.  

I would like to open the discussion of the new reward structure.  What do you think the rewards should be set at? Yearly Percentage, min and max stake times, etc.

Also what features would like to see added to CON in the future?  Not saying every suggestion will be implemented or the ones that are will be in the first release but I would like to get your opinions.  

If you would like to join our community chat group please feel free to @ https://join.skype.com/t5DJc03RoGkE

Not sure what the current percentage is? But maybe increase it for a while, then gradually decrease it down.
Like when a certain amount of coins have been created. Decreases built into wallet, so not having to fork, or
upgrade to a new wallet. 30 coins per stake is okay with me. As difficulty increased, had to make larger blocks
to stake in about 7 days. Just something, to create some new excitement to attract new holders. Do not want to
get runaway inflation. There are already 22 million+ coins. Not sure what all of the current features are?
Maybe you could post them? POSP, might be a good feature, not too many other coins have that.
The new graphics look cool! have to check around and see what attractive features other coins have.
That could add value to CON. Glad to see CON is not going to fade away. Thanks for taking over!

Peace, Dennis

You can see the annualized stake rate here: http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/paycon/
Activity: 300
Hello CON Community!!!

We are making progress with CON.  New graphics have already been completed.  Coding is in the works as we speak.  We will begin working on a new website soon as well. 

I would like to open the discussion of the new reward structure.  What do you think the rewards should be set at? Yearly Percentage, min and max stake times, etc.

Also what features would like to see added to CON in the future?  Not saying every suggestion will be implemented or the ones that are will be in the first release but I would like to get your opinions. 

If you would like to join our community chat group please feel free to @ https://join.skype.com/t5DJc03RoGkE

Not sure what the current percentage is? But maybe increase it for a while, then gradually decrease it down.
Like when a certain amount of coins have been created. Decreases built into wallet, so not having to fork, or
upgrade to a new wallet. 30 coins per stake is okay with me. As difficulty increased, had to make larger blocks
to stake in about 7 days. Just something, to create some new excitement to attract new holders. Do not want to
get runaway inflation. There are already 22 million+ coins. Not sure what all of the current features are?
Maybe you could post them? POSP, might be a good feature, not too many other coins have that.
The new graphics look cool! have to check around and see what attractive features other coins have.
That could add value to CON. Glad to see CON is not going to fade away. Thanks for taking over!

Peace, Dennis
Activity: 1148
Merit: 562
Blockchain Core Dev
Hello everybody, new source? Or always the same?

The source is being changed.

Let me know when it's ready, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
I think CON should move away from flat rate stake rewards. A healthy moderate reward is 35% a year - 50% a year. I suggest adding some of the latest technologies I like that I will be implementing into my own coins and they are HODL and POSP.
Vegas
Hello CON Community!!!

We are making progress with CON.  New graphics have already been completed.  Coding is in the works as we speak.  We will begin working on a new website soon as well. 

I would like to open the discussion of the new reward structure.  What do you think the rewards should be set at? Yearly Percentage, min and max stake times, etc.

Also what features would like to see added to CON in the future?  Not saying every suggestion will be implemented or the ones that are will be in the first release but I would like to get your opinions. 

The source is being changed.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 562
Blockchain Core Dev
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
PayCon will have a new logo!! A big thank you goes to logocreator for creating it. The new logo looks more professional. Great progress for CON. It will look very nice in the new wallets.

If you would like to show your appreciation for his work on our new logo send him some love (CON), PXEfZzwZM1Rf7MkKhcVHqx6R1ziWKvmuXt.
Pages:
Jump to: