Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin - page 6. (Read 92271 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084
I mined myself so i finally got the 5 confirmations...

This is the issue though.  If people double spend against Crypsy, then they could decide to drop the coin. 
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I mined myself so i finally got the 5 confirmations...

Jesus i just transfered about 1K CRC from cryptsy to coins-e, before i found this thread...

The transfer not get confirmed on coins-e after hours, is it possible because of the fork? What can i do to get it right?

The problem is that miners have (mostly) switched to the new fork.  That means the old fork gets very few new blocks.

Cryptsy is still on the old fork though, so for them the old fork is the "real" one.
legendary
You could argue that the old fork is the "real" fork anyway. 

Has there actually been any announcement about the update, other than on github?
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

EDIT: Blindfolded please update all the first posts with the latest info.. Many new users are using an outdated version of client that is linked.

I don't think Blindfolded will be updating anything anytime soon.
I would appreciate very much a windows wallet upgrade, thanks.
Code:
Name: Blindfolded
Activity: 156
Position: Full Member
Date Registered: July 03, 2012, 08:18:43 PM
Last Active: October 02, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
I have had the daemon running for a few hours and no connections. I even went and added the nodes in the OP.

I need some nodes if I am to get the explorer running again.

Thanks for working on updating the block explorer dreamwatcher. The dev has really dropped the ball here. Will send you a node to add in a PM.
legendary
Activity: 1064
I have had the daemon running for a few hours and no connections. I even went and added the nodes in the OP.

I need some nodes if I am to get the explorer running again.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Well, I tried to warn about this earlier in the thread but it looks like craftcoin forked it's blockchain   Undecided

Most are still on the old 10 coins per block blockchain.

This block explorer is on the old version:

http://crc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chains

You can see blocks still being found there...there are going to be some unhappy people I imagine.

I'm sure cryptsy is on the old version too...    Cry

Nobody notified me of a hard fork, so I did not change the daemon on CCE.  I just ran a git pull on the CCE Craftcoin daemon and it did update. I will get the explorer updated ASAP.

In the future, somebody, preferably the coin dev, needs to drop me a PM or E-mail about these things. I only go through and run git pull's on all the daemons about once a month or so. Most developers will drop me a note when there is a mandatory upgrade.

legendary
Jesus i just transfered about 1K CRC from cryptsy to coins-e, before i found this thread...

The transfer not get confirmed on coins-e after hours, is it possible because of the fork? What can i do to get it right?

The problem is that miners have (mostly) switched to the new fork.  That means the old fork gets very few new blocks.

Cryptsy is still on the old fork though, so for them the old fork is the "real" one.
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
Introducing.. 

Here is another connected node on the P2Pool network, Slowly but surely becoming your one stop P2Pool destination.

Code:

Craftcoin crc.e-pool.net:8830 cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://crc.e-pool.net:8830 -u YourWalletAddress -p password

There is no registration required, visit the site http://e-pool.net for mining information.!

Happy mining!
CartmanSPC do you know where the new block explorer is?

thx.

Well, I tried to warn about this earlier in the thread but it looks like craftcoin forked it's blockchain   Undecided

Most are still on the old 10 coins per block blockchain.

This block explorer is on the old version:

http://crc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chains

You can see blocks still being found there...there are going to be some unhappy people I imagine.

I'm sure cryptsy is on the old version too...    Cry

legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
UPDATED TO LATEST VERSION 1.2 of Craftcoin!

Where is the new version of the wallet. It is not found on the website
What the hell? A new bandaid?
Apparently those who compile from source code can still use their coins, thanks for considering all users!
Code:
CraftCoin (CRC)
Mandatory update to v1.2.0.0 required before Jan 31st, 2014 @ 00:00:00 UTC

CraftCoin is a cryptocurrency based on Litecoin. CraftCoin was designed to be a portable in-game currency for Minecraft servers. The currency is used to buy in-game items on minecraft servers, and can be instantly transferred to any other Minecraft server that supports CraftCoin. The reason this coin was made is: Prior to the spike in value of LTC, I ran a successful Minecraft server that used LTC as an in-game currency. The sudden spike in value caused a "bank run" and suddenly people stopped playing on the server due to hyper-inflation. This coin aims to solve this problem, since the value of a CraftCoin will be based on what players are willing to pay for in-game items, rather than being tied to a coin with fluctuating value. CraftCoin is not intended to be a competitor with Bitcoin, Litecoin, or any other currency. Its one and only purpose is simply being a game currency that is protected from wild price swings that cause inflation/deflation on minecraft servers, and yet remains portable across any group of servers that wish to adopt the currency.

I will be preparing a package for people to download all of the necessary software and plugins to implement CRC on their own Minecraft servers soon. Please check back soon.

New parameters starting block 32000

1 Minute blocktime target (Faster transactions!)
2 Coins per block (Adjusted for faster blocks, same targeted payout per hour as before)
100,000,000 Total Coins (unchanged)
Difficulty Adjustment Every 60 Blocks (1 hour) sampling last 240 blocks (4 hours)
Reduced max diff adjustment to 25% (from 100% previously)
These changes should result in a more stable, faster blockchain. Brought to you by RazorLove

Old parameters still in place until block 32000

10 Coins Per Block
5 Minutes Between Blocks
100,000,000 Total Coins
Difficulty Adjustment Every 12 Blocks
Read the FAQ, Visit the Website.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
You're both at fault.

You were stupid enough to keep mining during a fork issue and the pool owner didn't follow this close enough and now has a fucked up balance to deal with.

As soon as I saw the new low Diff and the old 10 coin reward, I stopped using the pool.

Minar.cc has paid me out consistently up until the screw up.

If anything, they weren't stealing, you were ,by abusing his pools payout mistake.
Thanks Digi7ech,
This time it was different, there was a preannounced hardfork at 32000, and the pool was setup to pay always 10crc per block, and when the net changed to 2CRC per block, all the pool funds were sent to users, NOT KEPT BY THE POOL.

When you mean low Diff, the pool is on the right fork, the "correct fork" is the one with 2 CRC per block and that is the one with lower diff.

Moreover, many users are returning the coins that were overpaid so miners understood what happened, the balance on the accounts were not correct, so no coins were actually removed from the balance of each account.

If anyone else needs any explanation please ask me i will kindly answer any questions, and please stop the FUD with those big letters.

EDIT: Blindfolded please update all the first posts with the latest info.. Many new users are using an outdated version of client that is linked.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
HBN <3
http://craftcoingames.playgrid.com
New MC CRC server made by the original owner. It's been down a few days though.
legendary
Just as an FYI currently the old blockchain is on 32222 with a diff of 11.663 and the new blockchain is on 32968 with a diff of 1.25811096.

So, mining power has mostly transitioned to the new chain?

Wasn't there a minecraft test server somewhere?  Maybe there was an announcement on those forums?
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
HBN <3
DO NOT USE crc.minar.cc MINING POOLS

They do not pay and steal your coins!!!!

I tried cashing out last night without success.  I woke up this morning to HALF my coins GONE!  Some excuse posted on the homepage about overpaying.  Believable, yes, BUT they have the SAME excuse listed for almost all of the other coin mining pools!!!  I may believe one coin pool, but not all of them.  This is simply very fishy.

AND, if that is the case, that's THE POOL ADMIN FAULT, not the workers wasting money on their fucking hash!!!  You can't just take coins and not pay!!!!!!!!
You're both at fault.

You were stupid enough to keep mining during a fork issue and the pool owner didn't follow this close enough and now has a fucked up balance to deal with.

As soon as I saw the new low Diff and the old 10 coin reward, I stopped using the pool.

Minar.cc has paid me out consistently up until the screw up.

If anything, they weren't stealing, you were ,by abusing his pools payout mistake.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I haven't found a single minecraft server that uses craftcoin, also can you make craftcoin in the actualy minecraft game ?
Activity: 42
DO NOT USE crc.minar.cc MINING POOLS

They do not pay and steal your coins!!!!

I tried cashing out last night without success.  I woke up this morning to HALF my coins GONE!  Some excuse posted on the homepage about overpaying.  Believable, yes, BUT they have the SAME excuse listed for almost all of the other coin mining pools!!!  I may believe one coin pool, but not all of them.  This is simply very fishy.

AND, if that is the case, that's THE POOL ADMIN FAULT, not the workers wasting money on their fucking hash!!!  You can't just take coins and not pay!!!!!!!!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Well something odd happened, my pool is on the new lower diff 2crc/block chain.
But i lost around 5k CRC and that is why the wallet has not enough funds to payout users. I dont understand why is this, was there any fork i did not see??
EDIT: I had latest (6efea6051b) git pull since it was commited ~13 days ago.....

EDIT 2: Nevermind, i had the pool setup to pay 10 CRC per block....... so i actually gave free coins to all Minar.cc users but now the wallet obviously does not have enough funds to continue to payout 10crc per block when 2crc are being mined!
legendary
Activity: 1270
Just as an FYI currently the old blockchain is on 32222 with a diff of 11.663 and the new blockchain is on 32968 with a diff of 1.25811096.
Pages:
Jump to: