Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking] - page 3. (Read 20047 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 71
Just tell me what to update the main post with.

I'll send a list pretty shortly (I was thinking that **at the very least** we should post the three active pools, the makeshift block explorer, direct links to the two exchanges, the website, the Twitter account, the stub of a coinwiki, and the source code [such as it is]) -- maybe info on the paper wallet or the android wallet (although I suspect these will ultimately require modification).  Also links to any active threads in other languages.

heratys, I suggest you keep doing what you're doing. Once you are confident with your C++, please take Peercoin and fork it. We will then periodically merge upstream changes with our own, keeping up to date.

When you fork Peercoin, you must do it in a way that does not invalidate everyone's keys. This simply means:

1. Use very similar initial parameters
2. We need large stakers to continue to use their local databases aka the current blockchain.

This way, we:

1. Lose no tokens
2. Continue smoothly

Then people can get their CROC services up again.

Fortunately, there is a competent and experienced group of guys that have been looking at this and so we will hopefully not be reliant on me getting my crap together sufficiently (possibly jeopardizing or making a mess of things by doing it with little pertinent background and too much of a rush).  I also do want to make it a win-win situation for CROC-holders and the ROI-coin team through/upon refining or improving things.

In other news I may have lost my 30,000 CROC, whoops! :DDD

Damn... hopefully you can get them back again (is it something that can be solved by deleting the contents of your local folder [except for wallet.dat] and forcing a resync... or maybe a lost passphrase? [there are some services to recover it if you have some initial info and the encrypted wallet]).  Hyperjacked has told me he's had issues lately getting his wallet synced too, so he's in somewhat similar straits.
Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
Just tell me what to update the main post with.

Sorry I have not been interactive, but I am lurking. I have significantly improved my Rust knowledge and will be rewriting the Croc-lo application server.

heratys, I suggest you keep doing what you're doing. Once you are confident with your C++, please take Peercoin and fork it. We will then periodically merge upstream changes with our own, keeping up to date.

When you fork Peercoin, you must do it in a way that does not invalidate everyone's keys. This simply means:

1. Use very similar initial parameters
2. We need large stakers to continue to use their local databases aka the current blockchain.

This way, we:

1. Lose no tokens
2. Continue smoothly

Then people can get their CROC services up again.

In other news I may have lost my 30,000 CROC, whoops! :DDD

currypto signing off
Activity: 520
Merit: 260
what happened with faucet? Huh Huh

My daily income stream suddenly has dried up  Wink
In the past weeks I already noticed that the faucet dried up a few times. Hope it will be back soon as it is a good way to attract new people to CROC in my opinion.
Damn... I saw your earlier message today and was surveying things in preparation to make a general status announcement or update to address things.   The block explorer has been obviously useful to have (and I've always loved the visceral-croc background graphic!) and probably the faucet too (I haven't used it for awhile myself, but did previously [90 CROCs worth anyhow based on the faucet's interface -- to this address: https://croc.blockstats.pw/address/CRyw5hxuJbr4pzWXayjf3Fvi9BCG8g1X3E -- other parts of that balance have been stake-rewards]).  Perhaps you'd consider revising this plan (even if payment of CROC or some other coin would be necessary to compensate you for the effort involved in what you have done) or allowing the code to be transferred elsewhere if that would seem a better outcome for you.  I wouldn't object to personally kicking you over some CROC on a regular basis either -- but see below for updated information.
Not until this is fixed. I can fit 2 nodes in that resources.

My VDS RAM cannot be extended (it was a limited offer Smiley) and I don't want to set up another one for nodes only.
So for now block explorer and faucet are closed.

Fair enough.  It's not as though you haven't given ample warning (and it has been hosted on your server-space).

The graphic you posted shows that the RAM that this chain takes up is a problem and it will need to have a smaller relative footprint.  Looking at something such as Doge ( https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/v1.10.0/src/main.h ) their DEFAULT_BLOCK_MAX_SIZE = 750000 (with a 60s block target) whereas CROC's is MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 20000000; (with the 30s target).  Peercoin uses 1000000 (https://github.com/peercoin/peercoin/blob/master/src/main.h) but we can probably knock CROC's back to 750000 or maybe 500000 with little ill-effect.

For those that need a block explorer at the moment -- the block height at least can be compared with that here: https://lpool.name/explorer (there's also a SHA-256 multipool that includes CROC in their "pools" tab).
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
OMG, what happened?! Smiley
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
what happened with faucet? Huh Huh
Damn... I saw your earlier message today and was surveying things in preparation to make a general status announcement or update to address things.   The block explorer has been obviously useful to have (and I've always loved the visceral-croc background graphic!) and probably the faucet too (I haven't used it for awhile myself, but did previously [90 CROCs worth anyhow based on the faucet's interface -- to this address: https://croc.blockstats.pw/address/CRyw5hxuJbr4pzWXayjf3Fvi9BCG8g1X3E -- other parts of that balance have been stake-rewards]).  Perhaps you'd consider revising this plan (even if payment of CROC or some other coin would be necessary to compensate you for the effort involved in what you have done) or allowing the code to be transferred elsewhere if that would seem a better outcome for you.  I wouldn't object to personally kicking you over some CROC on a regular basis either -- but see below for updated information.
Not until this is fixed. I can fit 2 nodes in that resources.

My VDS RAM cannot be extended (it was a limited offer Smiley) and I don't want to set up another one for nodes only.
So for now block explorer and faucet are closed.
@Currypto I think we're going to want to start adding some things to the announcement (I started reviewing some of the earlier thread and found such things as that Portuguese tutorial on CROC that seemed to be somewhat about CROC-lo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYhdTkm3-Ls ).   I'm going to gather the resources available to help get our announcement pretty complete with what's available.

BTW, does anyone know what font Gizzard used in the original announcement?  It's part of the overall image/design and I think we want to be able to incorporate it into things (such as the website).
OK then, faucet is in 10x mode, after it's drained block explorer and faucet will be shut down.
I can give an explorer template design if someone wants to use it Smiley

So, as some might be aware (I know Hyperjacked is as he was part of the discussion) this past Wednesday one of the ROI-coin devs was in the CryptoHub chat and was asking about coins that might need work or development and we got to discussing CROC.

Earlier today some members of the team that he is working with (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24083829) were getting CROC wallets compiled and synced.  Based on the evidence that I have seen, this is a competent and capable group of people that are well-versed in working with a coin and its repository.  In marked contrast, I'm not going to pretend that I'm super well-versed in developing coins (as I am emphatically not but am trying to improve my skill-set and knowledge base in the spare-time that I have -- I mentioned earlier the two resources that I'm delving into).  We have had active discussion of some of these guys doing work with this coin but we haven't come to a precise, delineated plan at this moment.  At this particular juncture, I was planning on surveying the information available to see who has access to things such as the social media, website and similar.

I have thrown around some figures to DisasterFaster (out of my personal stash -- which would effectively make some or all of them potential whales in this chain).  The payments would be skewed somewhat so that the bulk (balloon-payment) is after the fork -- which would obviously be the most sensible approach for all CROC-holders.

I also don't want to step on their toes as they need their space to do effective work without compromising on their other projects.  They seem to want to keep their Slack as a dev-space and it's not my place to dictate (or restrict useful development by throwing a lot of people into the mix unnecessarily).

No news about wallet update?
it's not really necessary.  please understand that yobit never will apply our update, so we will lost that exchange

But reducing the block sizes, adding checkpoints (the last is months old), and hard-coding nodes into the code are some of the changes that I think we should like to see.  I feel an appropriately-modified version of the Peercoin code will be more useful in the long-run than the perhaps legacy codebase that CROC stems from.
OK then, faucet is in 10x mode, after it's drained block explorer and faucet will be shut down.
I can give an explorer template design if someone wants to use it Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

it's not really necessary.  please understand that yobit never will apply our update, so we will lost that exchange
Activity: 57
                                                                                    CoinRaper Miningpool [CROC]

http://coinraper.ddnss.de/

EXAMPLE for CROCODILECASH [CROC]

stratum+tcp://coinraper.ddnss.de:32112 -u WalletAddress -p x

Ports:
                                                                                    Port: 32111, Diff: 4096
                                                                                    Port: 32112, Diff: 8192-1040000 VarDiff
                                                                                    Port: 32113, Diff: 2080000

Payout minimum 10 Coins every 10 minutes
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
I am trying to buy some croc at CrytoHub wish me luck!

price grows cause more and more coins want to be listed...  CryptoHub now can list tokens WAVES
Activity: 520
Merit: 260
I was discussing CROC with the ROI coin dev earlier in the Cryptohub chat.  Was anyone here active in the old Slack for this chain ( https://crocodilecash.slack.com )?  The invite link from the old thread ( https://join.slack.com/t/crocodilecash/shared_invite/MjQxNDc2NTc2MDM1LTE1MDU0NDQ1MzgtZDNlNzFiNjcyNg ) is expired.

Edit: nevermind a link was posted in the chat to a new slack.

Where can I get an invite to the new slack?
I was discussing CROC with the ROI coin dev earlier in the Cryptohub chat.  Was anyone here active in the old Slack for this chain ( https://crocodilecash.slack.com )?  The invite link from the old thread ( https://join.slack.com/t/crocodilecash/shared_invite/MjQxNDc2NTc2MDM1LTE1MDU0NDQ1MzgtZDNlNzFiNjcyNg ) is expired.

Edit: nevermind a link was posted in the chat to a new slack.
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
I am trying to buy some croc at CrytoHub wish me luck!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Some nice activity for CROC on YoBit I see.
I just posted this in the old thread and am copying it here as well (FYI)...

Massive jump today at Yobit, +150%. What happened? Can't find any reason behind this sudden move.

Presumably because it is being used at Cryptohub as a coin for devs to pay for their introduced-coins to be represented there (but, in some part perhaps, because it might seem to be a coin with a low risk-to-reward ratio right now [CROC represents a low-Beta coin relative to the overall cryptocurrency-market -- in stock-trading jargon/nomenclature -- particularly as BTC seems to be in a downtrending channel after the latter's run-up in late 2017]).  When the appropriate effort and testing has been made, we are intending to fork the coin (hopefully as painlessly as possible) to make use of the Peercoin codebase (an indirect ancestor of CROC), modified to CROC's specifications.  I'd say the outward lack of activity is largely my own as I've been a little too much caught up in mining in my freetime (and work 50+ hour weeks) but have a few resources at hand (an in-depth C++ book to get reacquainted with this programming language, and [more recently] this very thorough and technical book with code samples and theory: https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-blockchain).

BTW, please use the current thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncroc-official-crocodilecash-update-board-strength-in-basking-2326144 -- as we can't update [that] original post [...] since Gizzard seems to have pulled a Satoshi.
Activity: 10
goodluck to this project, i wish this great project a big success in the near future. goodluck dev.
Pages:
Jump to: