Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking] - page 6. (Read 20047 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 71
Have all these been met ?....what plans are underway for croc.    No   new website and new twitter account still
Relevant questions for sure...  I've been accumulating CROC (mining, staking, and buying). I know one of the team mentioned in the announcement had wallet problems and don't know whether this has been resolved in his case; however, I think three of the members are prepared to get that multi-sig wallet happening.  At this point, I'm prepared to donate 70k CROC to a development/ecosystem wallet for this coin.

As indicated in earlier posts, I'm a fan of Spectrecoin and (as I keep up with that thread), I do want to have a CROC post online at coinwiki.info -- as XSPEC does --  describing and representing this coin  I'll probably start it myself, but do tend to keep busy with other matters.  

I don't honestly/personally care about Twitter/Facebook or social media campaigns because I'm not sharing nor planning to share that needle.  If CROC has a presence there that's great, but it's probably subsidiary to other things that might be worthwhile or more substantive.

The website (http://crocodilecash.ga/) is very minimalistic for sure and not a great selling point.  The only coin websites I've really encountered much have been Dash and Monero's though (and they're much more major-league and established coins than CROC) but also Solaris, Amsterdamcoin, and Spectrecoin.  At the very least, I think a new site should update the broken links and having a more modern look than the current site.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hey CrocodileCash enthusiast!

Today (Oct. 27th, 2017) we are introducing a new board that will allow you to easily follow what is going on in the CrocodileCash community.
It is called a "board" because this exact post is where all updates will happen. When a noteable update occurs it will appear here.

If you reply to this thread, you will be notified via the Show new replies to your posts link at the top of the bitcointalk.org site.

Current top priority: scope the Internet for a marketing designer.
Reward: 1000 CROC (lower bound)

Below are the current tasks the team is handling:

MemberTask
curryptoApplication server development: doing Croc-lo improvements at the moment.
startstsMarket, faucet, and mining software development
HyperjackedNew Twitter account management: the old one was deleted.
heratys111Community discussion driver

Software that will terraform our ecosystem:

1. Market, faucet, wallet (online staking!) and mining, all-in-one.
2. Croc-lo, a prototype implementation for the upcoming CrocodileCash application server. (Currently down)

Note that the above software products have been completed, and are constantly being updated. Croc-lo has been pulled because there are critical issues that can bankrupt the host quickly if users know what they're doing. It will be back when these critical updates are complete.

Our ultimate goal is to create a strong ecosystem surrounding CrocodileCash, giving it true value. This means non-critical wallet updates are not a priority. "Don't fix it if it isn't broken".

If you wish to make a monetary contribution, we encourage 5% of your CrocodileCash holdings. This is based on Hyperjacked's holdings and contribution of 10k CROC.

Multisignature address: [ To be created ]

The 3-of-4 signatures required to send funds are: currypto, Hyperjacked, startsts, heratys111.

I highly encourage you to visit the old thread, to learn about CrocodileCash history and download the current wallet.

Thanks for being part of our community!

Coin update proposal

Because CrocodileCash is based off of some weird fork of Peercoin, and is not easy to update, we need a solution to this. I propose we fork directly from the latest Peercoin code, adjust the parameters to be exactly as our own, and continue to move forward. This way we can take advantage of ALL future Peercoin updates -  this means segwit, pruning and lightning network updates, with ZERO effort.

All your CrocodileCash should not be affected in any way. It should be a seamless upgrade.

Timeline

10/27/2017This post was created and the new CrocodileCash team formalized.
10/30/2017Proposing a fork of Peercoin to gain support updates effortlessly.
Have all these been met ?....what plans are underway for croc.    No   new website and new twitter account still
Activity: 520
Merit: 260
I noticed that my Blockfolio (andriod app) is no longer updating CROC prices (Yobit exchange). Other coins are updating fine. Anybody else has the same issue or is it just me?
This is a notice to everyone that I will be away for 3 weeks. Don't worry, CrocodileCash stuff is still happening.

I've spent a lot of these past 2 weeks using Rust, as it will be the basis for any serious new software I build around CrocodileCash.

Our multisig wallet still requires one more person. Currently we only have the 3 of us - startsts, heratys111 and myself. Instead of the proposed 3-of-4, we are going to most likely do 2-of-3.

Thank you fellow Reptilians!

Thank you currypto for the update.  

I'm clarifying or stating to CROC-people-at-large that the developer wallet is intended to potentially provide funds to recruit or compensate competent and motivated individuals with coin-management expertise (as Gizzard is apparently AWOL).  CrocodileCash seems to de facto be a community-coin at this point (it's not the only coin in this situation but, IMO, it's a "killer-app"-coin among that group/classification based on CROC's unique implementation).

In my view, I don't think we're looking to provide a slush-fund for some lazy lout that is going through the motions of administering a coin.  Instead, I think we would consider implementing any code-base changes that might be beneficial in future years, and/or any isolated CROC-ecosystem projects that folks might desire to be implemented (and willing to put-their-money-where-their-mouth-is) to fund particular sub-projects that might not always interest the larger community..  Thus, some of the motivation is to have various pools of CROCs at hand with voting-mechanisms to encourage bounties; this is where you have clout to make this coin what you would like more-optimal and badass forms of money to be.

Based on one conversation in Cryptohub's chat, I'd say that Hyperjacked, startsts, currypto, and myself have taken a page out of the book of coins such as DASH, PIVX, Solaris, AmsterdamCoin, and Crown which are setting aside funds to improve the prospects for those who are interested in those coins.   Lucky you who have encountered this thread and CROC at this juncture.   Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
This is a notice to everyone that I will be away for 3 weeks. Don't worry, CrocodileCash stuff is still happening.

I've spent a lot of these past 2 weeks using Rust, as it will be the basis for any serious new software I build around CrocodileCash.

Our multisig wallet still requires one more person. Currently we only have the 3 of us - startsts, heratys111 and myself. Instead of the proposed 3-of-4, we are going to most likely do 2-of-3.

Thank you fellow Reptilians!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
Is there already a description of all API functions available or maybe a demo API accesible?

You mean CryptoHub?  Api is here https://cryptohub.online/api/
CROC wallet has same rpc api as hundreds of other coins
Activity: 23
Is there already a description of all API functions available or maybe a demo API accesible?
Activity: 56
How will be the money, collected during the ICO be spent?
Activity: 35
why withdrawal takes time so long , i dont recieve any paymeny yet from my withdrawal on cryptohub Huh Cry
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
Are there plans to get croc to better markets (coinexchange, hitbtc, livecoin etc) where it can gain more popularity, Yobit sucks........croc's trading volume @yobit won't ever make croc to get listed @Coinmarket cap. These are factors coupled with community effort that can improve its popularity, Fame and Value. Perhaps the new team listed above should think of raising funds within the community in order to source for exchange listing fee
If you have a couple of bitcoins to spare then no problem)) HitBTC is the only exchange in this list that has higher daily volume than YoBit.
Coin should be promoted, being on exchanges alone won't make it popular.
Are there plans to get croc to better markets (coinexchange, hitbtc, livecoin etc) where it can gain more popularity, Yobit sucks........croc's trading volume @yobit won't ever make croc to get listed @Coinmarket cap. These are factors coupled with community effort that can improve its popularity, Fame and Value. Perhaps the new team listed above should think of raising funds within the community in order to source for exchange listing fee

CROC is on voting at Mercatox,  you can vote for free if you have any deposit there (I have deposit 1.5 ZEC and is enough to vote)  https://mercatox.com/coins/list?name=CROC
Activity: 48

...really good point about those heavy transactions. Holy shit I never thought about that.

What is the block size?

What if we had a TX that tried to send enough CrocodileCash that filled a block? Does the whole system explode?

Lol, inb4 CrocodileCash is inherently broken because of this...

What would be AWESOME is if we actually come up with a fix for this. Split-TX or something. That would be an innovation CRocodileCash would have.

block size 2mb here....   split-tx is impossible I think.    If you mean how to process big amounts - just to make dust cleaning - send coins to its own wallet by parts.  CryptoHub has dust cleaning feature if transaction is too large
Activity: 24
Nice to see CROC on the Waves Market at Yobit... lets get some more coins on that market!

I don't 100% understand what this condition implies.

What is interesting, is it is 1 coin at a time.

I forget which it is - does staking or mining reward 1 coin? I think it is mining. 1 coin per block.

So maybe he is mining so fast he is filling up his wallet / generating a lot of unnecessary traffic?

1 coin is current block reward on PoW,  on PoS rewards in my wallet from 0.1 to 0.6,  so a withdrawal of 1000 coins is a really heavy transaction, since it will have 1000 inputs or even more.
I looked the code and yes it seems that method writes to disk after every WalletUpdateSpent

...really good point about those heavy transactions. Holy shit I never thought about that.

What is the block size?

What if we had a TX that tried to send enough CrocodileCash that filled a block? Does the whole system explode?

Lol, inb4 CrocodileCash is inherently broken because of this...

What would be AWESOME is if we actually come up with a fix for this. Split-TX or something. That would be an innovation CRocodileCash would have.

I forget which it is - does staking or mining reward 1 coin? I think it is mining. 1 coin per block.

So maybe he is mining so fast he is filling up his wallet / generating a lot of unnecessary traffic?

1 coin is current block reward on PoW,  on PoS rewards in my wallet from 0.1 to 0.6,  so a withdrawal of 1000 coins is a really heavy transaction, since it will have 1000 inputs or even more.
I looked the code and yes it seems that method writes to disk after every WalletUpdateSpent

It's probably worth checking if that bit of code is prevalent in other coins. I wonder why it writes to disk after each of them (maybe the double-spend protection that Currypto indicated?).

Perhaps there's some sort of hack or tweak that can be made with an "if" condition or a local counter/integer and a "while"... something to make it not write to disk for each of the coins (although if it's to counter double-spending perhaps that would screw the wallet up and its better to experiment with that in a siloed testnet type situation).  It probably isn't such a factor for people that aren't running a server w/ a lot of processes going on simultaneously.

After payment (withdrawal) ~ 1000 CROC, wallet freeze for ~5 minutes.
In debug.log I can see a lot of lines like this:

WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 7788ee86901853ca9840a4ef5303db3e7a70cdbeea1684f20032d5b971213979
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77976a549f60e59b6212f656cef07d381e3ff3a7e6f94d694c7fec1d08c5ec49
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77a849586f232feacf455a412d3f5f809f217967a968ba22a2d3e91ec7891e92
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77b27889e51a5d93bc727f84800c483bcdeb84b01975661eae5dd930998af408
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77cbe271775807588fc9260feecf611a3118b720bfcae0d6bd9aa43fb5fcbc96

I don't know what process is this, and how to get rid of freezing?

At the source on Github I searched for WalletUpdateSpent and it returned two results (as shown here): https://github.com/RangaBoom/CrocodileCash/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=WalletUpdateSpent&type=

It seems to be calling the function at line 345 of wallet.cpp (the other result is in the associated header file on line 179 of wallet.h).   It appears to be calling this WalletUpdateSpent function and outputing/adjusting things for each CROC withdrawn -- at line 362.  It takes some time to do this -- resulting in the freeze).  Maybe lines 362-365 need to be streamlined or made more efficient somehow after more thorough investigation (obviously if  line 362 is just a printline only that can be commented out -- but that won't free up too much of the time-lag).

Sorry my C/C++ is really rusty... (I can't remember for-instance what the "::" in the function call is [I think it had something to do with altering the scope of the function-call] and haven't investigated what the BOOST_FOREACH function is doing or where that subroutine/function is declared/spelled-out).  it's a medium to long-term-goal for me to get reacquainted with this coding...  Tongue

As I'm reading that section of code, it occurred to me this is probably double-spend detection?

This function is also writing to disk, probably many times.

I think the issue could be from the extreme lack of users on the Croc network, since these conditions are happening solely to startsts who has a large hold on it:

if (!wtx.IsSpent(txin.prevout.n) && IsMine(wtx.vout[txin.prevout.n]))

WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 7788ee86901853ca9840a4ef5303db3e7a70cdbeea1684f20032d5b971213979
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77976a549f60e59b6212f656cef07d381e3ff3a7e6f94d694c7fec1d08c5ec49
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77a849586f232feacf455a412d3f5f809f217967a968ba22a2d3e91ec7891e92
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77b27889e51a5d93bc727f84800c483bcdeb84b01975661eae5dd930998af408
WalletUpdateSpent found spent coin 1.00 TC 77cbe271775807588fc9260feecf611a3118b720bfcae0d6bd9aa43fb5fcbc96

At the source on Github I searched for WalletUpdateSpent and it returned two results (as shown here): https://github.com/RangaBoom/CrocodileCash/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=WalletUpdateSpent&type=

It seems to be calling the function at line 345 of wallet.cpp (the other result is in the associated header file on line 179 of wallet.h).   It appears to be calling this WalletUpdateSpent function and outputing/adjusting things for each CROC withdrawn -- at line 362.  It takes some time to do this -- resulting in the freeze).  Maybe lines 362-365 need to be streamlined or made more efficient somehow after more thorough investigation (obviously if  line 362 is just a printline only that can be commented out -- but that won't free up too much of the time-lag).

Sorry my C/C++ is really rusty... (I can't remember for-instance what the "::" in the function call is [I think it had something to do with altering the scope of the function-call] and haven't investigated what the BOOST_FOREACH function is doing or where that subroutine/function is declared/spelled-out).  it's a medium to long-term-goal for me to get reacquainted with this coding...  Tongue
F**K, problem at CryptoHub persists

Pages:
Jump to: