Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking] - page 5. (Read 20047 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
On looking at my last post anew today, I find it a bit rambling and not as tight or focused as I'd like.  Anyway, to move on to something productive along the lines I was trying to suggest...

...supposing I have the day off from my full-time job tomorrow (as I anticipate), I'm planning on forking the Peercoin code into a test coin that (after sufficient experimentation and alteration) might be something we could credibly or justifiably offer (after we work any bugs out or conceivably improve on or tweak) as a viable CROC 2.0.  My current impression remains that a well-executed coin-swap (not to the test-coin but to an iteration ultimately derived from this) will be the most suitable and equitable approach for current CROC holders.

The test/makeshift coin will be a work-in-progress on Github as long as will be deemed necessary by the community-at-large.  My tentative name for this (as it's not a serious coin/intended-object-of-speculation and would instead be a transitory and a community-manipulable thing) is "Cow-chip Thrower coin" [CCT] Grin.  More details (and a link to the source) in all likelihood will be forthcoming tomorrow.  I still like the nomenclature of "CROC-prime" for the test-coin (after it has undergone any and all trials-by-fire) as a sort of development name... although CrocodileCash would remain the actual name of the long-term CROC 2.0.

One issue I considered -- during some idle reflection today -- was that existing CROC holders should be able to port-over their addresses; or (if this isn't possible or even desirable) retain their position with the CROC that they have held.  Again, I think the coin-swap model seems to be the most suitable formula for bringing this about (Huh).

I agree with Currypto that we can piggyback off the Peercoin code but adapt it to CROC.  The parameters I think we want to keep for this animal include the following:

* 30-second block target,
* 55 million coins before POW ends (and I think we want to ensure it ends firmly... unlike a zombie coin such as Q2C that just keeps generating coins through some wishy-washy loophole or lack-of-rigor in the code),
* SHA-256d still for the POW (keeping it an ASIC coin... just because it's that particular kind of beast),
* securing the chain through hybridization with (simultaneous) POS and POW ... ... ... this is actually a point-of-difficulty/nebulousness for me personally because I don't claim to understand how the blocks are generated (I realize that CROC stakes like a top-of-the-food-chain reptile but I don't understand how a new block is generated exactly... do POS and POW compete or take turns or what?  Any idea anyone???),
* keeping the transfer fee as (the peanuts amount of) 0.01 CROC -- [LTC and DOGE eat your hearts out!],
* start any enforced/strongly-recommended-transition at a pre-announced point in the blockchain (again, after we can be confident that the Peercoin-fork has the expected behavior/characteristics of CROC but is built upon the more evolved Peercoin codebase instead of Antibitcoin -- which hasn't seemed to have had a developer's or a development-team's eyes upon it for about two years).

* What have I overlooked?   Your/any input is wanted here.

I think it's great.
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
@Hyperjacked: please respond to the pm (regarding the development wallet and any wallet functionality issues if that remains a problem).
On looking at my last post anew today, I find it a bit rambling and not as tight or focused as I'd like.  Anyway, to move on to something productive along the lines I was trying to suggest...

...supposing I have the day off from my full-time job tomorrow (as I anticipate), I'm planning on forking the Peercoin code into a test coin that (after sufficient experimentation and alteration) might be something we could credibly or justifiably offer (after we work any bugs out or conceivably improve on or tweak) as a viable CROC 2.0.  My current impression remains that a well-executed coin-swap (not to the test-coin but to an iteration ultimately derived from this) will be the most suitable and equitable approach for current CROC holders.

The test/makeshift coin will be a work-in-progress on Github as long as will be deemed necessary by the community-at-large.  My tentative name for this (as it's not a serious coin/intended-object-of-speculation and would instead be a transitory and a community-manipulable thing) is "Cow-chip Thrower coin" [CCT] Grin.  More details (and a link to the source) in all likelihood will be forthcoming tomorrow.  I still like the nomenclature of "CROC-prime" for the test-coin (after it has undergone any and all trials-by-fire) as a sort of development name... although CrocodileCash would remain the actual name of the long-term CROC 2.0.

One issue I considered -- during some idle reflection today -- was that existing CROC holders should be able to port-over their addresses; or (if this isn't possible or even desirable) retain their position with the CROC that they have held.  Again, I think the coin-swap model seems to be the most suitable formula for bringing this about (Huh).

I agree with Currypto that we can piggyback off the Peercoin code but adapt it to CROC.  The parameters I think we want to keep for this animal include the following:

* 30-second block target,
* 55 million coins before POW ends (and I think we want to ensure it ends firmly... unlike a zombie coin such as Q2C that just keeps generating coins through some wishy-washy loophole or lack-of-rigor in the code),
* SHA-256d still for the POW (keeping it an ASIC coin... just because it's that particular kind of beast),
* securing the chain through hybridization with (simultaneous) POS and POW ... ... ... this is actually a point-of-difficulty/nebulousness for me personally because I don't claim to understand how the blocks are generated (I realize that CROC stakes like a top-of-the-food-chain reptile but I don't understand how a new block is generated exactly... do POS and POW compete or take turns or what?  Any idea anyone???),
* keeping the transfer fee as (the peanuts amount of) 0.01 CROC -- [LTC and DOGE eat your hearts out!],
* start any enforced/strongly-recommended-transition at a pre-announced point in the blockchain (again, after we can be confident that the Peercoin-fork has the expected behavior/characteristics of CROC but is built upon the more evolved Peercoin codebase instead of Antibitcoin -- which hasn't seemed to have had a developer's or a development-team's eyes upon it for about two years).

* What have I overlooked?   Your/any input is wanted here.

Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
Can US/Singapore citizens participate in the ICO?
Just die. Thank you.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Can US/Singapore citizens participate in the ICO?
I was wondering what the mechanics would be of forking off or otherwise incorporating Peercoin's (PPC's) more recent code as currypto has proposed(?).

I) For a fork from Peercoin:

I think it would be smart to run a testnet form of the altered code for a bit.  We would want to be sure that people are happy that the functionality of that codebase is roughly as expected using CROC's different parameters of:
a) 30-second target block time
b) coin supply
c) steady POS rate
d) anything else overlooked or ignored in the preliminary steps of the fork.

* Perhaps a fork might address the RAM-usage problem (as PPC billed itself somewhere as energy-efficient ... I'm not that familiar with PPC but considering that the source had its last commit five days ago and other changes seem to have been made in the last month [with its history of being an older coin] it's probable that it's a more streamlined batch of code).  Although as startsts mentioned, blocks are more frequent for CROC than with PPC.  I don't know the block time offhand compared to XSH... since Mikanoshi made the memory-usage comparison with that.

I figure then we would be looking to do a coin swap (as the most equitable way to transition what people have at stake figuratively or literally to the new code based on allocations as they are)?   Effectively, it would be like issuing a premine and then doling those out to CROC-holders at a 1:1 ratio with a swap.

I'm not sure why but I don't think it's as simple as having everyone just upgrading to a new version of the wallet.
 I remember SUMO had a wallet upgrade for a new difficulty readjustment algorithm and that being relatively painless; but I've also encountered a circumstance where if one has multiple addresses there's the process of doing a bunch of dumpprivkey's and then incorporating those keys/coins into the newer version of a wallet (not as simple as sending a small amount of coins as a test for a swap and then sending more once the new coin has proven to be evidently sound).

Alternatively:
II) There's the probably much more exhaustively-labor-intensive process of comparing the code between PPC, ANTI, and CROC.
 I'd presume CROC is much more similar to ANTI (and that PPC has had a lot of changes over time).  We'd probably even want to look at MOZZI as Gizzard seemed to be active in that coin's forum shortly before the launch of CROC -- and these coins, again, seem outwardly similar.

The code-comparison and adjustment to the original wallet method is probably not the best judgment call and I think currypto's onto something with considering a tweak of PPC (or even the fork/tweak and then a code-comparison of the test-netted code, which IMO seems the best option --  [I'm calling this option IIb] ).

A third suggestion is to maintain CROC and issue this fork as a parallel coin [CROC_Prime??? CROC' ] (again, after it's been testnetted before being let loose).  So basically each CROC-holder would suddenly have two parallel coins after a period of transition.   Otherwise, I'm not sure there'd be a lot of mining being done on a coin that's only in a testing phase -- and that part of the hybrid coin-generation obviously would need some testing.  However, I'd prefer to keep (although improve where relevant) the branding and not split the coins unnecessarily (as the over-abundance/multitude of alts is already the situation).

Somewhat as an aside: I'd be curious what would happen with the 237,671 CROC sitting in Yobit sell orders (about 9% of the total CROC), that no one -- except maybe Yobit --  is staking?  I'm assuming a lot of those folks are traders; otherwise I'm surprised those people haven't tried to get a listing at coinsmarkets to get some new coins minted while they wait.   With Yobit's reputation, I don't think either a coin-swap or a wallet upgrade will be really easy to execute with that exchange.

What are people's thoughts?  I don't think we want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but I'm interested to see what might be the result of a fork (or a fork with some bells and whistles after a code-comparison).

By the way, I never thought to look but was there much (if any) activity in the translated threads from the original??
CROC 745902 blocks - 308 MB.
XSH 452281 blocks with 50 sec between them - 150 MB and it was like that with 200k blocks too. Based on recent Bitcoin version.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.
It's on https://croc.blockstats.pw like... forever Smiley
Node still needs cpu/ram fix, most resource hungry one ever.

surely with such few block time,   I recently added DogeCoin to CryptoHub, it consumes even more CPU/RAM,  so CROC is not the hungriest one anymore
I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.
It's on https://croc.blockstats.pw like... forever Smiley
Node still needs cpu/ram fix, most resource hungry one ever.
price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action

Even if CrocodileCash reaches zero, I will continue to work on it Smiley

it can't reach zero,  if reaches 1 sat I can enable prices lower than 1 sat  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action

Even if CrocodileCash reaches zero, I will continue to work on it Smiley
I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

Smiley  price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action  Grin

Nice...  Smiley  Grin.

It is an unusual circumstance with BTC making that 14.8 K USD figure today.   Also, there's no denying that some new coins have slicker graphics and a glitzier marketing pitch.

I'm underway adding a CROC entry to the coinwiki site (in its stub-state it can be found here:  http://coinwiki.info/en/CrocodileCash ).  I don't think coinwiki is necessarily a high-traffic site -- but it will be there to represent and potentially reach a broader audience.  It's definitely a stub for now but I'm planning to keep adding content there.  Also, as it is a wiki, anyone else should feel free to alter that page (hopefully with intent to improve it).

I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.  On the topic of security, did you guys see or hear that NiceHash got hacked in the last day or so (and had some users' BTC stolen)?

yeah it's a sad situation with nicehash, I was using it for mining monacocoin and honeycoin ...
I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

Smiley  price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action  Grin

Nice...  Smiley  Grin.

It is an unusual circumstance with BTC making that 14.8 K USD figure today.   Also, there's no denying that some new coins have slicker graphics and a glitzier marketing pitch.

I'm underway adding a CROC entry to the coinwiki site (in its stub-state it can be found here:  http://coinwiki.info/en/CrocodileCash ).  I don't think coinwiki is necessarily a high-traffic site -- but it will be there to represent and potentially reach a broader audience.  It's definitely a stub for now but I'm planning to keep adding content there.  Also, as it is a wiki, anyone else should feel free to alter that page (hopefully with intent to improve it).

I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.  On the topic of security, did you guys see or hear that NiceHash got hacked in the last day or so (and had some users' BTC stolen)?
I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

Smiley  price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action  Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.
Activity: 79
Rainbow Lite Dev
wow guys keep it up, was loosing faith til i saw all the work going on here, impressive I am building balance back up slowly and holding this time amazing how you all came together in a troll box on cryptohub and have been able to get this far, strength in basking indeed. This a true crypto community!

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
Have all these been met ?....what plans are underway for croc.    No   new website and new twitter account still
Relevant questions for sure...  I've been accumulating CROC (mining, staking, and buying). I know one of the team mentioned in the announcement had wallet problems and don't know whether this has been resolved in his case; however, I think three of the members are prepared to get that multi-sig wallet happening.  At this point, I'm prepared to donate 70k CROC to a development/ecosystem wallet for this coin.

As indicated in earlier posts, I'm a fan of Spectrecoin and (as I keep up with that thread), I do want to have a CROC post online at coinwiki.info -- as XSPEC does --  describing and representing this coin  I'll probably start it myself, but do tend to keep busy with other matters.  

I don't honestly/personally care about Twitter/Facebook or social media campaigns because I'm not sharing nor planning to share that needle.  If CROC has a presence there that's great, but it's probably subsidiary to other things that might be worthwhile or more substantive.

The website (http://crocodilecash.ga/) is very minimalistic for sure and not a great selling point.  The only coin websites I've really encountered much have been Dash and Monero's though (and they're much more major-league and established coins than CROC) but also Solaris, Amsterdamcoin, and Spectrecoin.  At the very least, I think a new site should update the broken links and having a more modern look than the current site.

Hey Heratys

You are incredibly generous...

I'm excited about the team and confirm what we discussed on crypto hub. This will be a long term project and I will donate at least 10% from my address CR2C1W9DE7RneBwLpNFQ5AgHFSqKRgYH6Y

The community currently owns Croccash.com which I purchased last month and I can turn over the password so someone can manage the site when Currypto finishes it.
The official Twitter account is @croccash which I will manage
https://mobile.twitter.com/CrocCash

This is just the beginning...

Cheers Crocs  Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Bookmarked to watch. I'm in with some small money. Let the croc bite Cheesy

Not visible on coinmarketcap to date. Let it fly below radar until it's ready.
Activity: 67
What are the developments you want to make?
they should make some roadmap.
What is the donation account?
I could give something
Pages:
Jump to: