Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking] - page 7. (Read 20047 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Pool CrocodileCash

Fee 2%
No registration
Auto payments 30 min

http://TimeTeh.com/
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
CROC pool still freezing https://cryptohub.online/pools/

CROC miners! share hashrate to some another pool, CROC wallet is not able to submit 5 blocks per minute. Commonly a pool should not have more than 50% of net hashrate

I think we need check what passes on block submit,  it doesn't write to disk, but freezes, so that process takes a lot of time
Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
What is the date of ICO?

ICO? There is no ICO. This is not a product we are selling. This is an ecosystem and currency we are developing. You either use it or don't!  Cheesy
@startsts

Awesome work digging up the problem and implementing that solution.  I'm going to make that change in my copy of that file now too...

It makes few sense if you wallet.dat is small.    Actually I didn't implement anything.   The dev (when he will exist) should add launching parameter to manage that wallet flushing interval

Like I said, we are going to migrate to newest Peercoin code whenever we can. I wonder if this option has been added up there?

What is average block time in Peercoin?  Seems 10 minutes,  so they don't need this option

I thought it was Anti Bitcoin not peer coin code.

We will not be using Peercoin's block time but CrocodileCash's original blocktime. It will embody all the features CrocodileCash has now but in a newer, compatible code base.

Yes it's based on Anti Bitcoin, which is based on Peercoin. Anti Bitcoin has not been touched in years, and so is no good to us.

I will personally add a command line argument to support the flushing if needed.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
What is the date of ICO?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
@startsts

Awesome work digging up the problem and implementing that solution.  I'm going to make that change in my copy of that file now too...

It makes few sense if you wallet.dat is small.    Actually I didn't implement anything.   The dev (when he will exist) should add launching parameter to manage that wallet flushing interval

Like I said, we are going to migrate to newest Peercoin code whenever we can. I wonder if this option has been added up there?

What is average block time in Peercoin?  Seems 10 minutes,  so they don't need this option

I thought it was Anti Bitcoin not peer coin code.
@startsts

@startsts

@startsts

Activity: 164
Merit: 71
@startsts

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Not bad guys. I am in
Yeah  Cool Cool Cool Cool  that is I call a success

After setting wallet.dat flushing interval 200 seconds  for CROC and Q2C  waiting I/O in average is only 5% now  (were 60%),   CROC wallet responds all commands immedeately

Nice!

My only question is, what does this imply? I think this will take more RAM.

Don't think so.  It keeps wallet data in memory anyway,  only writes it to disk with different interval

Actually all wallets do this shit, but on coins with large block time and that has few pool blocks wallet.dat is not so heavy

That flushing wallet.dat to disk after every block was creating in bitcoin with block time 20 minutes,  on modern coin with block time 1-2 minute, especially on CROC with ~15 seconds it should be reworked.  It has no sense rewrite that file if there is no new tx in that new block. 

After setting wallet.dat flushing interval 200 seconds  for CROC and Q2C  waiting I/O in average is only 5% now  (were 60%),   CROC wallet responds all commands immedeately

Nice!

My only question is, what does this imply? I think this will take more RAM.

I see in log file such strings  all the time:

Flushing wallet.dat 9433ms
Flushing wallet.dat 13237ms

If I use "top" command I see

6.3 us,  2.4 sy,  6.0 ni, 23.7 id, 61.6 wa

61.6% waiting of I/O  it's a lot, so disk is really overloaded.  

This can be reason of slow work  and how to resolve the problem?  To have separate disk/server for every coin?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

command "iotop"  that shows I/O waiting processes shows me that CrocodileCashD and QubitCoinD - 2 coins with 30 seconds block time (Croc even worse since it has PoS), so no idea what to do with that coins
For now I'm going to delist qubit coin

Searching in internet give me no solution.  Actually it is not a common thing when PoW, PoS and deposits (addresses generating) work on the same wallet

Yes, you need to give it its own disk then...Lots of random access all over the place when you are running many coins

I understand, but it is not good solution. It will be impossible to have dedicated server for every coin daemon.
There is a discussion about same problem https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/problem-with-a-lot-of-hdd-writes-on-big-walletdat-1242364

Maybe there is a way to increase interval of writing file wallet.dat to disk  ?   If I set 20 minutes instead of 1 minute (seems so for now) I think problem will be resolved.
I don't see any reason to write it so frequently.

Let's find in code something about that

found in code:
walletdb.cpp  line 559
if (nLastFlushed != nWalletDBUpdated && GetTime() - nLastWalletUpdate >= 2)

so it wants to write to disk every 2 seconds.... such a shit... let see if problem resolves if I set here 200

This can be reason of slow work  and how to resolve the problem?  To have separate disk/server for every coin?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

command "iotop"  that shows I/O waiting processes shows me that CrocodileCashD and QubitCoinD - 2 coins with 30 seconds block time (Croc even worse since it has PoS), so no idea what to do with that coins

Searching in internet give me no solution.  Actually it is not a common thing when PoW, PoS and deposits (addresses generating) work on the same wallet

Yes, you need to give it its own disk then...Lots of random access all over the place when you are running many coins

@heratys111 @currypto

CROC at cryptohub works again.   after sync from zero seems a little faster.   I will get wallet.dat from server and try at local machine so I will know if problem is large wallet.dat or  another thing

OK good to hear.

"little faster" - you said up to 90 seconds before. What does it seem to be now?

time /root/CrocodileCash/src/CrocodileCashd getinfo

real   0m41.782s
user   0m0.008s
sys   0m0.000s

time /root/CrocodileCash/src/CrocodileCashd getblocktemplate

real   0m7.318s

So all methods delay too much and wallet can't submit valid block from stratum.  No way to mine it here
@heratys111 @currypto

CROC at cryptohub works again.   after sync from zero seems a little faster.   I will get wallet.dat from server and try at local machine so I will know if problem is large wallet.dat or  another thing

OK good to hear.

"little faster" - you said up to 90 seconds before. What does it seem to be now?
@heratys111 @currypto

Pages:
Jump to: