Author

Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟 - page 124. (Read 170086 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Why on coingecko.com showing that until the end of crowdsale are 2 days left, but on nvo.io showing 4 days? Why they differ? And which right?

We should follow what's on the NVO.IO website which is 4 days left. I'm assuming its the official timer before the Crowdsale ends.

I checked https://www.coingecko.com/en and I saw its 1 day and 22 hours left. But if you click "Join Crowdsale" it will point to https://nvo.io/ and will give you back 4 days still. We don't know how coingecko got its timer though.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Why on coingecko.com showing that until the end of crowdsale are 2 days left, but on nvo.io showing 4 days? Why they differ? And which right?

We should follow what's on the NVO.IO website which is 4 days left. I'm assuming its the official timer before the Crowdsale ends.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Hi Folks:

Interesting project here... looks pretty good so far.

I am still reading thru all the ANN thread to be sure I understand everything before investing, but time running short LOL and I'm still only on page 33 at the moment, so I wanted to jump ahead here to the end and ask a question (hope this is not a repeat of anything earlier, apologies if so...)

Anyway, SO, okay... I understand I need to use a bitcoin address where I have the private key FOR SURE, for this to work in the future.

I used VANITYGEN to make up my own custom "1nvo..." address for this.  So far so good.  Was able to import this address into a web wallet for SENDING the bitcoins, so that should be okay?  And/OR if in the future there's any problem about whatever web wallet I'll use for this (OmniWallet or blockchain.info, whatever) as long as I have preserved the priv key everything should be okay to access my NVO value in whatever other way is best at that time (the NVO wallet itself, presumably...?)

My QUESTION is about the CounterWallet alternative, that's also been noted earlier in this thread.

I made a wallet account there and looked to see IF it was possible to add my VANITY ADDRESS via private key, BUT it appears that CounterWallet only will SWEEP a balance from an entered private key and put the funds, instead, onto it's OWN address???  Repeat: CounterWallet does not seem to be able to directly "ADD" a bitcoin address using a private key (unless I misunderstood something there?)

So, Is this correct?

And, if so, please clarify my understanding that THIS IS NOT what we need for correct working of the crowdsale... yes?

On the contrary -- seems to me that use of the CounterWallet address is ONLY advised to be by way of their OWN address in the wallet (albeit, yes, they provide private key) and ONLY because this wallet will allow us to "SEE" our NVO tokens right away (as "counterparty" assets?) whereas using another wallet and bitcoin private key will require us to WAIT a bit (but, how long?) to be able to see our purchased tokens, after the crowdsale is over....?

Again, is my understanding of this correct?  Please advise.

Bottom line, I'd prefer to use my custom vanity address for this IF possible, as long as it won't take TOO long after the crowdsale is over to be able to confirm my purchase in the NVO wallet itself: if it's gonna be MONTHS later, well, then maybe it'd be better to use the address provided in the CounterWallet system instead.

Thanks in advance for reply.

Hope this was clear enough question LOL

You are right about allwhat you said, except that you can your balance using counterparty explorer, or https://xchain.io/
Yes, they sweep the address, because they consider that it is unsafe, the problem here is that you have a vanity address.

You can still keep it as is, and retreive the address using xchain, and create transactions manually. Or wait untill NVO releases a wallet update.
It is all up to your decision.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions, you can join us on slack too.

OK so just to follow up on my question and Nemgun's answer...

1. The CounterWallet web-wallet now CANNOT import an address via private key: it only now "sweeps" which is not really sufficient!!!

This needs to be made more clear by all here who are recommending use of the CounterWallet I think.  It's leading to some confusion.

2. ANY ADDRESS for which you have the proper, correct private key WILL BE OKAY to use for the NVO crowdsale address, but...

2a. ... we will not be able to ACCESS our NVO tokens until after either the NVO wallet itself is able to support NVO tokens...

2b. ... OR we may be able to access our NVO tokens IF/WHEN the CounterWallet (or another counterparty-supporting wallet) enables priv key IMPORT (and not just "sweep" functionality)

3. Our NVO Tokens WILL be able to be "SEEN" at least, upon issue at the end of the crowdsale, by using a counterparty 'explorer' such as https://xchain.io/

4. But, again, just being able to "SEE" them via https://xchain.io/ will not allow them to be moved, transferred, sold, etc... UNTIL such time as real wallet support becomes working (again either via NVO Wallet itself or maybe privkey import feature in something like CounterWallet

SO: Bottom Line...

1. IF you have just a privkey and address that's not coming from CounterWallet... be prepared to just HODL awhile after crowdsale is complete.

(Personally this is what I'm going to be doing, using my custom generated address from VanityGEN)

-OR-

2. IF you absolutely MUST have "access" to your NVO Tokens immediately upon crowdsale completion (not just "see" them) then you absolutely MUST ONLY USE THE COUNTERWALLET with it's own internal "native" bitcoin address *ONLY*... and "sweeping" some other address there via a priv key IS NOT GONNA WORK.

---

This is my current understanding of the situation... hope it helps to clear up any confusion over the last couple days.

Ton, Yanni, Nemgun, Lauda, etc... please clarify my understanding of the above IF anything written here is not correct!

Hope this helps Smiley

THIS is the shit I'm talking about, yet for some reason an important figures such as Lauda can't understand it - participating and having a control over your own NVOT are 2 completely different things and none of these instructions warn ANYONE about this!

in the thread and on the website it should be CLEARLY stated that you HAVE TO USE COUNTERWALLET if you want to CONTROL YOUR NVOT, otherwise you CAN'T DO SHIT

I believe people responsible for this crowdsale ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS AND GIVE PROPER INSTRUCTIONS, so people investing actually KNOW what the fuck will happen after they invest, yet they just ignore this with the statements that "any address of which you own private key to is fine" and to "sweep your remaining balance" - NO, I'm NOT gonna use counterwallet and sweep my other addresses just to participate in this crowdfund - there's a REASON I use vanity addresses and paper wallets - don't you expect me (and a lot of other people) to use any browser wallet, fuck that shit

now looking at the unprofessional level this crowdfund is taking place at I'm starting to doubt that people will ever have true access to the NVOT tokens (if there will be any, after all) as long as they didn't use counterwallet, as not a single person responsible for this can't understand this simple premise
Activity: 608
Merit: 509

Hi Folks:

Interesting project here... looks pretty good so far.

I am still reading thru all the ANN thread to be sure I understand everything before investing, but time running short LOL and I'm still only on page 33 at the moment, so I wanted to jump ahead here to the end and ask a question (hope this is not a repeat of anything earlier, apologies if so...)

Anyway, SO, okay... I understand I need to use a bitcoin address where I have the private key FOR SURE, for this to work in the future.

I used VANITYGEN to make up my own custom "1nvo..." address for this.  So far so good.  Was able to import this address into a web wallet for SENDING the bitcoins, so that should be okay?  And/OR if in the future there's any problem about whatever web wallet I'll use for this (OmniWallet or blockchain.info, whatever) as long as I have preserved the priv key everything should be okay to access my NVO value in whatever other way is best at that time (the NVO wallet itself, presumably...?)

My QUESTION is about the CounterWallet alternative, that's also been noted earlier in this thread.

I made a wallet account there and looked to see IF it was possible to add my VANITY ADDRESS via private key, BUT it appears that CounterWallet only will SWEEP a balance from an entered private key and put the funds, instead, onto it's OWN address???  Repeat: CounterWallet does not seem to be able to directly "ADD" a bitcoin address using a private key (unless I misunderstood something there?)

So, Is this correct?

And, if so, please clarify my understanding that THIS IS NOT what we need for correct working of the crowdsale... yes?

On the contrary -- seems to me that use of the CounterWallet address is ONLY advised to be by way of their OWN address in the wallet (albeit, yes, they provide private key) and ONLY because this wallet will allow us to "SEE" our NVO tokens right away (as "counterparty" assets?) whereas using another wallet and bitcoin private key will require us to WAIT a bit (but, how long?) to be able to see our purchased tokens, after the crowdsale is over....?

Again, is my understanding of this correct?  Please advise.

Bottom line, I'd prefer to use my custom vanity address for this IF possible, as long as it won't take TOO long after the crowdsale is over to be able to confirm my purchase in the NVO wallet itself: if it's gonna be MONTHS later, well, then maybe it'd be better to use the address provided in the CounterWallet system instead.

Thanks in advance for reply.

Hope this was clear enough question LOL

You are right about allwhat you said, except that you can your balance using counterparty explorer, or https://xchain.io/
Yes, they sweep the address, because they consider that it is unsafe, the problem here is that you have a vanity address.

You can still keep it as is, and retreive the address using xchain, and create transactions manually. Or wait untill NVO releases a wallet update.
It is all up to your decision.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions, you can join us on slack too.

OK so just to follow up on my question and Nemgun's answer...

1. The CounterWallet web-wallet now CANNOT import an address via private key: it only now "sweeps" which is not really sufficient!!!

This needs to be made more clear by all here who are recommending use of the CounterWallet I think.  It's leading to some confusion.

2. ANY ADDRESS for which you have the proper, correct private key WILL BE OKAY to use for the NVO crowdsale address, but...

2a. ... we will not be able to ACCESS our NVO tokens until after either the NVO wallet itself is able to support NVO tokens...

2b. ... OR we may be able to access our NVO tokens IF/WHEN the CounterWallet (or another counterparty-supporting wallet) enables priv key IMPORT (and not just "sweep" functionality)

3. Our NVO Tokens WILL be able to be "SEEN" at least, upon issue at the end of the crowdsale, by using a counterparty 'explorer' such as https://xchain.io/

4. But, again, just being able to "SEE" them via https://xchain.io/ will not allow them to be moved, transferred, sold, etc... UNTIL such time as real wallet support becomes working (again either via NVO Wallet itself or maybe privkey import feature in something like CounterWallet

SO: Bottom Line...

1. IF you have just a privkey and address that's not coming from CounterWallet... be prepared to just HODL awhile after crowdsale is complete.

(Personally this is what I'm going to be doing, using my custom generated address from VanityGEN)

-OR-

2. IF you absolutely MUST have "access" to your NVO Tokens immediately upon crowdsale completion (not just "see" them) then you absolutely MUST ONLY USE THE COUNTERWALLET with it's own internal "native" bitcoin address *ONLY*... and "sweeping" some other address there via a priv key IS NOT GONNA WORK.

---

This is my current understanding of the situation... hope it helps to clear up any confusion over the last couple days.

Ton, Yanni, Nemgun, Lauda, etc... please clarify my understanding of the above IF anything written here is not correct!

Hope this helps Smiley
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
the sweep process will take everything I own on that BTC address and send it to the counterwallet, rendering my original BTC address I generated for the purpose of this crowdfund useless AF, as I'd have to use this newly generated counterwallet

meaning it's completely useless and a waste of time to use ANY wallet other than counterwallet for this crowdfund, it is completely useless to attach my BTC address at the NVO site, as at the end I will still have to fuckin create a new wallet using counterwallet and sweep all the shit in there

this is YOUR fault as you clearly state that we can use ANY address of which we've got the privkey, nowhere it says that it HAS to be counterwallet

ALSO: if I generated the new address, attached it to my NVO profile, send you the funds - now I'm supposed to receive the NVOT to THAT address - how in the hell is counterwallet gonna "sweep" the NVOT, when it doesn't fuckin exist at all?!

i think the best guide to participate in this crowdsale is HERE
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
http://imgur.com/a/KIjeH

Can someone pls explain me what now...
I bought some/deposited some ETH from my Jaxx wallet and now I see some funds in my ETH section.
My main BTC personal address is from my electrum wallet.

When and where will I receive these NVO tokens?

I think you will received NVO tokens after the end of crowdsale which is 4 days from now.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
http://imgur.com/a/KIjeH

Can someone pls explain me what now...
I bought some/deposited some ETH from my Jaxx wallet and now I see some funds in my ETH section.
My main BTC personal address is from my electrum wallet.

When and where will I receive these NVO tokens?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
the sweep process will take everything I own on that BTC address and send it to the counterwallet, rendering my original BTC address I generated for the purpose of this crowdfund useless AF, as I'd have to use this newly generated counterwallet
Just move any leftover BTC balance into some other address and import the address you've used to invest with. I don't see the problem?

this is YOUR fault as you clearly state that we can use ANY address of which we've got the privkey, nowhere it says that it HAS to be counterwallet
It is certainly not "anyone's fault". What nemgun has stated is correct. Any address with a privkey should work.

As for the bullshit thing, I'd really love to know - what exact rule was violated by my response to nemgun.
How should I know? Ask the forum moderators.

Lauda, if you believe that my comments on the differences between encryption and sha256 could be considered an attack of any sort that you were trying to fence off, then I wonder why you weren't the first one to jump in and correct nemgun's reference to sha256 as being an encryption algorithm.
I was not exactly talking about you; the statement was rather meant in general based on my observations in several communities/channels. I am not watching over this thread 24/7 and will surely not be the first person to read everything. Let's not waste time on this (we're drifting off-topic with the debate about moderation anyways).
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
Ok, I see that my post got deleted by the moderator, as apparently it didn't conform with the overall "shut up you sheep" attitude of the team.
I'm just speechless to see this censorship at work.
And btw, who's the moderator here? - If it's nemgun, then I'm not surprised at all.
Just really hope it wasn't Lauda.  Sad

I don't think it have been deleted, this thread isn't self moderated, and lauda isn't a moderator.

Well, yes it was. And I'm obviously going to share it directly with some participants of this thread.

Let me explain how it works, as you are apparently new to the forum, i am not a moderator, and the thread isn't self moderated, no one have the ability to delet your post except the moderators. which means that if your post have been deleted, it is because you broke bitcointalk's posting rules.

I read the post, there was nothing wrong with it, so somebody deleted it...it did however say that this ICO was not worth investing in.  Not sure how that can violate the forum rules.

Allo, repost it...

In fact, the post doesn't even say that this ICO is not worth investing in, - it just says what I personally have decided to do based on my failed attempts to get clarity.
And I honestly tried as best as I could to get myself convinced that there was a solid foundation, and do so through a civilized yet very specific technical discussion.
Not all ICO projects are the same. Etherum was the first such kind project and look at results! Yes, there are projects which didn't get any result at all and their price didn't change for years. It is high risk investment actually! But as we all know it's not wise to hold all effs in one basket, so, for positive income I would invest in several project if I would have money.
Activity: 33
Lauda, no need to use such word, let's stay cicilized. Normal mix up yeah right.
Bullshit is pretty civilized considering the intentional trolling and spreading of fear in this thread.

You are only escrow. It looks like you have a big interest in this project for some reason.
I somewhat know nemgun, thus try to help out as much as I can even though much of the people don't deserve it anyways. I won't stand by while randoms try to unjustifiably attack the project.

Must be the competitors panicking. Cheesy

Lauda, if you believe that my comments on the differences between encryption and sha256 could be considered an attack of any sort that you were trying to fence off, then I wonder why you weren't the first one to jump in and correct nemgun's reference to sha256 as being an encryption algorithm.
Due diligence is not an attack, and if it's immediately labelled as one then the very spirit of protecting the proverbial "sacred cow" causes more concerns than the technical inaccuracies themselves. 
Activity: 33
Lauda, no need to use such word, let's stay cicilized. Normal mix up yeah right.
Bullshit is pretty civilized considering the intentional trolling and spreading of fear in this thread.

You are only escrow. It looks like you have a big interest in this project for some reason.
I somewhat know nemgun, thus try to help out as much as I can even though much of the people don't deserve it anyways. I won't stand by while randoms try to unjustifiably attack the project.

hahaha... yeah, I wish I could be a competitor. Seriously! - I have my own projects to run, which have nothing whatsoever to do with cryptocurrency. Smiley
As for the bullshit thing, I'd really love to know - what exact rule was violated by my response to nemgun.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
also I've never used counterwallet before - how do I use it with an address generated using vanitygen or electrum (so I can work with NVOTs), for example?
You just need to control the private key to the address(es) you've used to invest with. All you have to do is import the private key(s) into counterwallet. Pretty simple. This guide covers investing with counterwallet, albeit it does not mention importing private keys: https://medium.com/nvo-exchange/how-to-contribute-to-the-nvo-crowdsale-d3e4453e3d7d

yes, I saw this article, however looking at the counterwallet you can import only the 12 words you get to re-generate the wallet, the only thing I found for importing the address using privkey to counterparty/counterwallet was a sweep option

https://counterpartytalk.org/t/how-to-use-private-key-to-import-btc-funds-from-external-address-to-counterwallet-address/1225

can't find a thing about using a btc address generated with vanitygen (for example) using counterwallet

The sweep process is due to the fact that you send your private key over internet, so it is wiser to sweep rather then import.

meaning it's completely useless and a waste of time to use ANY wallet other than counterwallet for this crowdfund, it is completely useless to attach my BTC address at the NVO site, as at the end I will still have to fuckin create a new wallet using counterwallet and sweep all the shit in there

ALSO: if I generated the new address, attached it to my NVO profile, send you the funds - now I'm supposed to receive the NVOT to THAT address - how in the hell is counterwallet gonna "sweep" the NVOT, when it doesn't fuckin exist at all?!
Activity: 476
Hello,  Is it feasible  to see NVOT in the address we receive the NVO tokens?
Also, can a user get the private keys of NVO wallet after the crowdsale or you are not intended to provide these facilities in future?
legendary
Merit: 1226
Livecasino, 20% cashback, no fuss payouts.
Saw an ad for NVO on CoinGecko and I wanted to come learn about it, but I am seeing lots of bad talk here. Is this project doing good, is it a good idea to buy into the crowdsale? Are there issues going on?

There's a lot of bad talk on any thread. That is the result (or purpose?) of decentralised democracy haha. But yes, project is doing good of course with all the issues that is normal for any new project. See for yourself, the crowdsale is almost $4 million total now (from combined crypto value).
Activity: 460

From the V-logs i think TenX is A LOT interested in the exchange world,

IMHO i suggest to contact them to form a collaboration, it could be a mutual HUGE boost to the projects.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy
Hey, I somehow missed this project in the announcements, but I think it looks promising.
Just wanted to bring the focus back to the actual topic, and say good work guys, it seems clever enough to
Achieve great success.  Cheers! i hope your investments grow and your team gets the reward they deserve.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Ok man, whatever floats your boat.
I'm off, good luck with the project.
legendary
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Not an attact, if some basic questions can't be answered, I expess my concern, that's all.
Every single question, of which many are absurdly basic, has been answered. Roll Eyes

So Nemgun is not the (lead) dev, who is then?
Yanni Bragui.

Competitors...  Wink
Correct. That is one of the valid ways of explaining this.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Not an attact, if some basic questions can't be answered, I expess my concern, that's all.
So Nemgun is not the (lead) dev, who is then?
Competitors...  Wink
Jump to: