Author

Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟 - page 129. (Read 170086 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533
Is there a way to change my BTC address in my portal? I was going to use the Jaxx address but seems like Counterwallet is the best and safest way. It failed to import and move the fund over when I tried.

Might help to put some FAQ in OP BTW.

Yani is not here for now, but it would be better if you join the slack, he will guide you there. Once there PM him.

Thanks. I saw an 8 steps or something but I'd rather just send BTC to my counterwallet to be safe. So can't change BTC address on the portal once it's assigned?

Yes you can change it, but it is not required as you did everything right, but if you have doubts, you could check with Yani on slack.

Nemgun, I have read some comments that Maidsafe is taking too long in deploying the official release of their project, is this a concern for NVO and will it be affecting you seriously in any way?
Nemgun, I have read some comments that Maidsafe is taking too long in deploying the official release of their project, is this a concern for NVO and will it be affecting you seriously in any way?

This is a big concern to me.  Maidsafe is promising the moon on a stick: a new internet based on a DHT and no blockchain.   We know this technology, have serious doubts and question such a claim. They have not released anything substantial and everyone is waiting and waiting.

We have about 4 months to finish the exchange and the validator as we have engagements regarding the investors, partners, and community. If MaidSafe isn't ready untill there, we said that we will offer to help them, if they refuse, we will go for a different option, like Radix, or create our own system, which would need about 2-3 months of intencive work.

The idea is to form a team that will be sufficiently experienced to make good progress on the project and to help other projects that may need it.

As you know we secured the funds with milestones because the money can make you crazy, that's why the goal is to deliver 100% of the project in 10 months if there is no SafeNet. And to be sure that the funds are not misused, because many projects end up finishing without delivering the project because they have been too late to issue.

There will be no centralized processor because you already have it on your computer, and the program that will use it is called safebrowser (before it was safelauncher), it is it that connects you to safenetwork and that encrypts your data To secure them.
The only flaw that I had that I resolved is that the person who had to send the private key to the safenetwork could crack it, or even keep it on his computer, this is why it will be encrypted in double sha256, and the one that looks like a blockchain will have access to the decryption key.

Does this mean the private key(s) of the validator would be generated locally on Bob's or Alice's system?
But if that's the case, one could easily attach a debugger and see those private key values before they could even be encrypted and stored on safenetwork.
Perhaps I misunderstood something.

When alice wants to put an order, it is the blockchain that will put it in place and it will send a smart contract, everything will come from the blockchain, the smart contract is more to send to safenet and add more security. It can also be seen as a sidechaine.

So the blockchain generates the keypair?  That implies that the keypair is generated on every peer, which would be insecure.  The key generation has to happen somewhere.  Is this the point where your whole project falls apart and everyone whose invested starts crying?  You need to do better explaining how this can possibly work, otherwise we all end up bag holding either nothing or a non-decentralized exchange.

For now i see no one crying, and no one asking for a refund.
NVO won't insult her investors, no one will be a bag holder.

I understand what you say and it's normal to panic about it. But I would ask you to erase what's in your head, just two minutes.

Imagine that we are in a room you and me, and that we have made a program for a system of probability. And we do not want to know the result, first we are going to do the program that flips a coin randomly, except that if we want to see the result, it must be recorded to be able to read it, except that In this case, the result must go to the safenet.
The first question is that we have made the algorithm, we know it, and have the decryption key, except that to be sure not to know the key, we will ask the blockchain to generate a random decryption key, and give us a smart contract, it will convey the coin to safenet.

So the smart contract is only the vehicle of the coin that we fliped. The computation will be used to flip the piece elsewhere. We will not have the decryption key.

Hi Sir/Mam,
Kindly advice how to confirm my contribution went through.

Currently my contribution does not reflect in my account private Altcoins addresses .
Ethereum:
0xf3b521ed63565025396bafd8f2cd78045a25c6f3

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xdf891fe8f53e5069bedf2492cae6101e6490af4b2cebfe1e552a913af1c0e621

Thanks and regards,

Do not worry about that, as long as the transaction appears on a block explorer there is not problem. feel free to join on slack if you have more issues.

saqwe - it is possible answer my two questions? Smiley
1. private keys = backup phrase? (e.g. bitpay uses as backup just this phrase or it is possible to export private key from bitpay e.g. like is in paper wallet?)
2. who will guarantee 99 cents for NVOS? It would be possible to sell it e.g. on poloniex? If so, who will guarantee price? because every week there will be lots ot NVOS tokens for sale ... if price on poloniex cant be fixed at 99 cents, how could people sell it in this price?

1- You should use counterwallet to solve this issue with no hussle.
2-NVO will guarantee the price, as NVO will buy them back. Not possible to be listed on Poloniex, at first it will be hosted on counterparty, and later added to NVO exchange.

Hello i already logged in and already entered a btc address but when i press the home button it returns me too log in again i tried it thrice already. is there something im missing in logging in?.. thanks

Can you please join Slack ? This kind of issues are managed there.

How is the value of ICO deposits calculated? For instance if I buy 200 LTC worth today, will it go by USD value at the end of the crowdsale or at the time it is deposited?

The calculation will be done at the end of the crowdsale timer.

Hi Saqwe

I have accidentally used my ripple wallet gatehub to sent BTC to my crowdsale dashboard Bitcoin Escrow address.

I was suppose to sent the BTC my Personal bitcoin address first then to the bitcoin Escrow.

In the dashboard i have also contributed XRP.

Pls advice what next.

Best Regards

Hi Sir/Mam,

Currently my contribution does not reflect in my account private Altcoins addresses .
Ethereum:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xdf891fe8f53e5069bedf2492cae6101e6490af4b2cebfe1e552a913af1c0e621

Thanks and regards,

Your ethereum address must be from https://www.myetherwallet.com wallet and you will need to add the nvo token to your watch list.

The information below is from https://www.myetherwallet.com website

A Token Creation Period (ICO) may cause delays in transactions on June 20 2PM - 8PM GMT. What time is it now?
If your TX is not urgent, we recommend waiting for faster & cheaper TXs. You can also use a gas price of 50 GWEI, which you can adjust in the footer. Thank you for understanding.

Please join Slack and PM Yani, he will you with this issue.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi Saqwe

I have accidentally used my ripple wallet gatehub to sent BTC to my crowdsale dashboard Bitcoin Escrow address.

I was suppose to sent the BTC my Personal bitcoin address first then to the bitcoin Escrow.

In the dashboard i have also contributed XRP.

Pls advice what next.

Best Regards

Hi Sir/Mam,

Ethereum:

Thanks and regards,

Your ethereum address must be from https://www.myetherwallet.com wallet and you will need to add the nvo token to your watch list.

A Token Creation Period (ICO) may cause delays in transactions on June 20 2PM - 8PM GMT. What time is it now?
If your TX is not urgent, we recommend waiting for faster & cheaper TXs. You can also use a gas price of 50 GWEI, which you can adjust in the footer. Thank you for understanding.

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
How is the value of ICO deposits calculated? For instance if I buy 200 LTC worth today, will it go by USD value at the end of the crowdsale or at the time it is deposited?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Hello i already logged in and already entered a btc address but when i press the home button it returns me too log in again i tried it thrice already. is there something im missing in logging in?.. thanks
Activity: 7
saqwe - it is possible answer my two questions? Smiley
1. private keys = backup phrase? (e.g. bitpay uses as backup just this phrase or it is possible to export private key from bitpay e.g. like is in paper wallet?)
2. who will guarantee 99 cents for NVOS? It would be possible to sell it e.g. on poloniex? If so, who will guarantee price? because every week there will be lots ot NVOS tokens for sale ... if price on poloniex cant be fixed at 99 cents, how could people sell it in this price?
Activity: 700

Hi Sir/Mam,

Ethereum:

Thanks and regards,

Activity: 5

Hi Sir/Mam,

Ethereum:

Thanks and regards,

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
There will be no centralized processor because you already have it on your computer, and the program that will use it is called safebrowser (before it was safelauncher), it is it that connects you to safenetwork and that encrypts your data To secure them.
The only flaw that I had that I resolved is that the person who had to send the private key to the safenetwork could crack it, or even keep it on his computer, this is why it will be encrypted in double sha256, and the one that looks like a blockchain will have access to the decryption key.

Does this mean the private key(s) of the validator would be generated locally on Bob's or Alice's system?
But if that's the case, one could easily attach a debugger and see those private key values before they could even be encrypted and stored on safenetwork.

When alice wants to put an order, it is the blockchain that will put it in place and it will send a smart contract, everything will come from the blockchain, the smart contract is more to send to safenet and add more security. It can also be seen as a sidechaine.

So the blockchain generates the keypair?  That implies that the keypair is generated on every peer, which would be insecure.  The key generation has to happen somewhere.  Is this the point where your whole project falls apart and everyone whose invested starts crying?  You need to do better explaining how this can possibly work, otherwise we all end up bag holding either nothing or a non-decentralized exchange.
legendary

This is a big concern to me.  Maidsafe is promising the moon on a stick: a new internet based on a DHT and no blockchain.   We know this technology, have serious doubts and question such a claim. They have not released anything substantial and everyone is waiting and waiting.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
legendary
Activity: 1404
Is there a way to change my BTC address in my portal? I was going to use the Jaxx address but seems like Counterwallet is the best and safest way. It failed to import and move the fund over when I tried.

Yani is not here for now, but it would be better if you join the slack, he will guide you there. Once there PM him.

Thanks. I saw an 8 steps or something but I'd rather just send BTC to my counterwallet to be safe. So can't change BTC address on the portal once it's assigned?

legendary
Activity: 1404

Activity: 448
For those that are interested the USD value of all the coins collected so far is $2,919,985.66 so they're pretty much at the $3million mark (as of the price snapshot I took ~5 minutes ago).

thanks for this update man.. anyway, what is the current status now of the figures collected?
i just visited the site looking for an update for the current figures but i cant see any figures there aside from the countdown ticker..
Activity: 33

Activity: 420
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
Hi dears. Please I need donation for paying for my BSC final year tuition of 10,000 USD. you can mail me on [email protected] if you need to see proofs.
My Bitcoin Wallet:32ioFBC5kqU6zaAMjFR2M6jtyNgf6NeG6z
My litecoin wallet:LhGBEynBAHS5C1cjTitfQRpZ5TT5PQyLTe.
Thanks in advance, Michel.

Oh sure let me just open my magic basket....

Dude fuck off with your spam
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
An article about the ICO:

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-nvo/

There's one crucial error that I found in this analysis (so far)

The token will be called NVOT (NVO Token) and will apparently have a fixed price. This doesn’t, of course, make it untradeable via other exchanges, which could give it varying prices and some volatility regardless of any efforts.

NVOT will trade at whatever the market decides, NVOS will be stable at $0.99. Unless I just really didn't grasp the concept properly.
Activity: 6
I contributed to this in BTC - and sent from a JAXX wallet. Should that work fine?
legendary
Re-posting @nemgun's response from https://safenetforum.org/t/nvo-decentralized-exchange-crowdsale/13608/630

In our typical scenario, user A has BTC and wants to buy ETH, and user B has an ETH and wants to sell them for BTC.

1. At any given time User A shall submit an order expressing its intention to purchase 100 ETH @ 0.1 BTC / ETH prices
The order will be the procedure of creating address 2of2
* The validator part in the wallet named safe browser will create a 2of2 address with the amount, price, ETH reception address, it will call the smart contract encrypted in double sha 256.
* The private key of the address will be stored in the safenet
* The decryption key for the private key that is stored in the safenetwork will be stored on a blocked encrypted blockchain this blockchain is the inverse of a standard blockchain it encrypts the information.
* The mini blockchain will place the order in the order book
* The mini block chain has the role of syncronizing the wallets and it allows communication between them.

2. At another time, User B will issue an order to sell 50 ETH Awards @ 0.1 BTC / ETH

The validator part in the wallet named safe browser will create a 2of2 address with the amount, price, ETH reception address, it will call the smart contract encrypted in double sha 256.
3.Calculation Exchange Procedure
* The mini block chain will detect the deal by logical price
* She will call the two smart contracts that will be compared
* At the end of this verification, the active wallet will engage the safebrowser
* The safebrowser vas creates the ultimate smart contract that will be named the smarcontract swap
* The smartcontract swap will compare the amounts to deduct the excess with the exchange addresses.
* The excess will remain on the smart contract which will be returned on the safenetwork waiting for another deal the ride will be 0.04994 btc all from hangs from sending fee.
* The smartcontract swap will be copied into 4 online wallets in case of disconnection, the blockchain will specify the wallets online in a way aleatoir.
* It will take 4 copies of the smart contract for the deal to be realized, once synchronised the smartcontract swap realises the swap en then is deleted.
* Arrive at this stage the smart contract will be deleted.

This is where my logic model stops because for the following I am in test phase for the 0conf.

Thanks for the link. This still doesn't answer my questions.

It is mainly these two points that I find kinda unclear from a security perspective:
* The private key of the address will be stored in the safenet
* The decryption key for the private key that is stored in the safenetwork will be stored on a blocked encrypted blockchain this blockchain is the inverse of a standard blockchain it encrypts the information.

The private keys will be stored encrypted in blockchains/safenet to be decrypted and used at some points. The question is how these keys will be used safely in a decentralized manner? The only way I can think of that would make such process secure is to have couple of offline/centralized processors. Having all the logic running on the cloud of safenet/blockchains might not be free of security flaws.

Thanks for reposting Allo.

NEMergizer, I don't remember that you asked, but no problem.

To begin with, I do not want you to suppose without knowing the thing, because you could lose yourself.
Now what you need to keep in mind is how the safenet works, how it will use the computation and make its logical calculation.
In safenet, you have your wallet which is the safebrowser, it uploads your information on the safenetwork by encrypting them in order to secure them, then they are duplicated at the farmers, so I will use some of the code of safebrowser and adapt it for The encryption process, so that users do not have access to the private key of the validator.

Correct me if am wrong: then you as an operator will have access to all private keys of all the validators which in my opinion considered a single security point of failure in the design. Still much better than all current available exchanges. Do you have plans to secure such attack surface?

As the validator is divided in three parts, each wallet have the capacity to create a part of the validator, no one have access to the validator. It would have been centralized to allow such access.

Make sense, thanks nemgun. You should consider NEM's supernode concept in securing and decentralizing the validators beyond the safenet. Best wishes for NVO future.

That all well and good, but SAFE net does not yet exist.  There is a chain of things that can go wrong.  If SAFE never launches then your ideas will never materialize.  Double risk.
Jump to: