Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟 - page 95. (Read 170086 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533
is NVO working on the same type of project as Safe Exchange?  What is the main difference between the two?

I remember the Maidsafe community supporting Safe Exchange to a point that critics were kicked out of the forum.  Why is the community acting differently towards NVO?

To be honest, I have no idea about this project. For now, i know only about one interesting technology in this field which is Bitshares. However we will use a different technology, will it be open osurce ? yes, but it will be patented to avoid bad manipulations.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
is NVO working on the same type of project as Safe Exchange?  What is the main difference between the two?

I remember the Maidsafe community supporting Safe Exchange to a point that critics were kicked out of the forum.  Why is the community acting differently towards NVO?
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Check out these trade videos of different coin pairs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCDBoR9fHb21bLH7FGvFrQg

Its in testnet right now. Moving to live in the next 2 weeks I think.
Activity: 560
Merit: 253

Could you please join us on slack and transmit it to @marto or @tonbi to confirm it.

Will do - thanks.

Although I've lost confidence & strongly dislike the way you have conducted yourself, I still wish you all the best and hope that there have just been some misunderstandings and a few lost tempers that led to the unfortunate exchange on the Safe forum.

There is already a fully working DX. The Blocknet.   You can already trade like 10 coins wallet to wallet with atomic exchange with no middleman.  You can use it now.

I thought it was still a non-functioning model?
Activity: 50
Merit: 1

Could you please join us on slack and transmit it to @marto or @tonbi to confirm it.

Will do - thanks.

Although I've lost confidence & strongly dislike the way you have conducted yourself, I still wish you all the best and hope that there have just been some misunderstandings and a few lost tempers that led to the unfortunate exchange on the Safe forum.

There is already a fully working DX. The Blocknet.   You can already trade like 10 coins wallet to wallet with atomic exchange with no middleman.  You can use it now.
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
if this really will works then it will be huge. a multi-coin-hd wallet and a marketplace inside one app. you will be able to delete a lot of wallets and a lot of blockchains stored on your computer. wallet that you only have because you don't want to store the coins an polo, bittrex or other exchanges.

Also, from what I understand, the Devs of coins can add their wallet. No need to ask an exchange to list it. With all that's going on in the Us with BTC-E, exchanges are becoming dangerous. Bittrex and Poloniex are not safe. I want to move my coins to a 256 encrypted, blockchain supported exchange ASAP.

But thank you US government for assuring NVO will thrive.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
if this really will works then it will be huge. a multi-coin-hd wallet and a marketplace inside one app. you will be able to delete a lot of wallets and a lot of blockchains stored on your computer. wallet that you only have because you don't want to store the coins an polo, bittrex or other exchanges.
Activity: 504
Merit: 259
People should give the dev team a bit of time to put out a product. Too much panic and FUD taking place. I like the project and I finally figured out how to put a buy order in on Counterparty. As soon as I can get some more fiat converted to crypto, I plan to buy a bunch more.

The primary reason that this price is so low is due to it being traded on Counterparty. That platformed is so non-user-friendly that's I'm surprised that anyone actually figured out how to use. Had you guys used Waves platform instead, you would have a much better price and a much easier platform to maneuver. I was so frustrated that I almost gave up, but then I realized that if I'm having this much difficulty, a lot of other are probably experiencing the same frustration. I know that when this token gets listed on other exchanges, it's going to skyrocket. Even EtherDelta, which I haven't tried to use yet, is probably easier to maneuver than Counterparty.The whole issue with different addresses within CounterParty not being able to communicate and not being able to transfer funds from address to another within CounterParty is absurd. My thoughts are if a discombobulated contraption like CounterParty can exist and be worth nearly $10, NVO should be able to blow that figure out of the water. Not to mention, NVO only issued 15 million tokens.

Instead of trying to get listed on Bittrex and Polo, why not start with Cryptopia and then work your way up?

Counterparty DEX is just horrible. I have tried placing four or five BTC/NVST orders before realising they disabled the 'BTC_pay' function so the transactions can't go trough. But it took transaction fees everytime anyway, costing me about 12 dollars before finding a hidden blogpost somewhere clarifying that you should get XCP on another exchange and send it to counterparty. Finnaly, my XCP/NVST order did go trough.
Why the hell don't they just disable all the BTC pairs on their exchange then...

Anyway, I don't think a fallout with maidsafe is a reason to bail out just yet. I'm holding on to my NVST.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
People should give the dev team a bit of time to put out a product. Too much panic and FUD taking place. I like the project and I finally figured out how to put a buy order in on Counterparty. As soon as I can get some more fiat converted to crypto, I plan to buy a bunch more.

The primary reason that this price is so low is due to it being traded on Counterparty. That platformed is so non-user-friendly that's I'm surprised that anyone actually figured out how to use. Had you guys used Waves platform instead, you would have a much better price and a much easier platform to maneuver. I was so frustrated that I almost gave up, but then I realized that if I'm having this much difficulty, a lot of other are probably experiencing the same frustration. I know that when this token gets listed on other exchanges, it's going to skyrocket. Even EtherDelta, which I haven't tried to use yet, is probably easier to maneuver than Counterparty.The whole issue with different addresses within CounterParty not being able to communicate and not being able to transfer funds from address to another within CounterParty is absurd. My thoughts are if a discombobulated contraption like CounterParty can exist and be worth nearly $10, NVO should be able to blow that figure out of the water. Not to mention, NVO only issued 15 million tokens.

Instead of trying to get listed on Bittrex and Polo, why not start with Cryptopia and then work your way up?
Activity: 52
Merit: 2

Will do - thanks.

Welcome to the forum, are you an investor to say that the investors want to be refunded ?

Thanks for the welcome, even if I've been a member of this forum for about 3 years longer than you have.

Yes I am an investor. As you've said that NVO will offer refunds to investors who want one, can I please request a refund because I've lost all confidence in the NVO team based on the discussion in the MaidSafe forum?

Can you please arrange a refund for my investment of around 0.25 BTC? I can PM details if you're willing to refund me, or should I contact Tonbi, who told people on the MaidSafe forum that he won't offer any more refunds & people should use the counterparty DEX to exit (which is now at a significant loss)?

Please let me know how to get a refund from NVO.

Will raised bitcoin funds from crowdsale benefit from bitcoin cash fork tomorrow?

We don't know, i personally support bitcoin core, segwit, however it still doesn't exist and i think it is too early to talk about it.

If you are building a house you would have an architectural plan, all in one place. If you are building a new settlement you have lots of different plans for lots of different aspects and areas of your settlement, it would not all be contained in one place. You wouldn't have plans and details about your water treatment system in the same place as your political or economic plans.

Anyway, whatever, you've said you'll wait the three months and you've said you will refund any requests (not what was implied on the safe forums), that's as much as I could ask so I have no more beef of any kind here. Well done for doing those things, I think they are the right thing to do.

I wish you luck, I don't think you're a bad guy and don't know if you are an amazing developer or not, but I hope so and I hope the project is a success because the world does need a decent dex.

peace out

I thank you for what you said, it has really pleased me. But even to make a beautiful city it takes architecture, even when a president arrives, it has an architecture to set up.
But i really appreciated what you said, apparently you are very rational.
To confirm what I say, the government, the ministers, are only skills, recruited in relation to the main architecture, the president.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
Welcome to the forum, are you an investor to say that the investors want to be refunded ?

Thanks for the welcome, even if I've been a member of this forum for about 3 years longer than you have.

Yes I am an investor. As you've said that NVO will offer refunds to investors who want one, can I please request a refund because I've lost all confidence in the NVO team based on the discussion in the MaidSafe forum?

Can you please arrange a refund for my investment of around 0.25 BTC? I can PM details if you're willing to refund me, or should I contact Tonbi, who told people on the MaidSafe forum that he won't offer any more refunds & people should use the counterparty DEX to exit (which is now at a significant loss)?

It is impossible to exit using counterparty exchange if you are a large investor.There is no buy support even to maintain the current price which has fallen by almost one third recently.A large exit would deplete the buy book.
Activity: 52
Merit: 2

Activity: 179
If you are building a house you would have an architectural plan, all in one place. If you are building a new settlement you have lots of different plans for lots of different aspects and areas of your settlement, it would not all be contained in one place. You wouldn't have plans and details about your water treatment system in the same place as your political or economic plans.

Anyway, whatever, you've said you'll wait the three months and you've said you will refund any requests (not what was implied on the safe forums), that's as much as I could ask so I have no more beef of any kind here. Well done for doing those things, I think they are the right thing to do.

I wish you luck, I don't think you're a bad guy and don't know if you are an amazing developer or not, but I hope so and I hope the project is a success because the world does need a decent dex.

peace out

Activity: 74
Will raised bitcoin funds from crowdsale benefit from bitcoin cash fork tomorrow?
"Jabba saying that people want to be refunded"

I did not say that, I said IF people want to be refunded you should honour any request. I also said quite clearly I was not one of the investors.

"we demanded an architecture which is normal but we have been unable to find it."

It would be 'normal' to raise the $7M AFTER looking closely into maidsafe and how safenet works, not before.

"This is why i asked the safe architecture, but they don't have it"

They do have it, but it is all in parts/sections. The documentation exists in massive repositories, each piece of the picture being bigger than many crypto projects are in their entirety.

There is a mountain of text, whitepapers, the wiki github, everything you need except a spoon fed single document of 10,000 pages that contains it all in one place.

"Meanwhile, as i haven't got the document"

All the documentation is public. You can go and find whatever you want, don't expect very busy maidsafe devs to walk you through anything, just go an find whatever it is that you need, you've been told where the data is.

"I do not need to listen to the podcasts or see videos, I need to see the code, I have done it, now I need to see the architecture"

You've done it? Have you looked on github? Have you seen how much code there is any how many sections/libraries. No human being could have taken a good look at their code in that time. It just sounds mad. Code for what. It's like saying 'I've had a good look at the code for the internet today, now someone tell me about the architecture'.  This is not some simple little DLT project which is contained all in one whitepaper.

"What is missing, what is needed, what needs to be deployed and what are the means I have to deploy for NVO"

You can take a look at the roadmap to see what's missing, but really it is not so much a question of what is left to be done, but what can or do you want to help with? There are things left to be done everywhere. It is a huge beast of a project. They are working hard on datachains part2 now, but that's way too complicated for anyone to just dive into, perhaps you'd like to work on some simpler stuff around safecoin now that mutable data has advanced far enough as an easy way in, or if you want to help make the APIs as developer friendly as possible that might be a good place to start. To be honest, if I was skilled enough to help I'd be looking at the areas I had skills in and seeing what I could contribute, not demanding the conductor of a huge orchestra stop playing and walk you round introducing you to each instrumental section, or to give you a document that not only describes the song being played, but the employment rights of the musicians, the building plans and the accounting stuff for ticket sales. All these things are speerate and have their own areas, the conductor is too busy to walk anyone through it all, even someone who would like to help if they can. It is not an easy thing to help with, they hire very selectively and try to waste as little time as they can catchng up their own full time staff. They don't have time to personally take on catching up potential helpers who they don't know.

"You should do some cleaning in the repo, keep it clean, you said you have migrated from safe launcher to a safe browser, but safe launcher is still there."

It is still there for a reason, some app devs were using it for their own builds of mock routing... or something like that anyway. It will be removed when it is no longer being used by anyone.

"Imagine that you builds a hotel, you're just going to tell him, that it is more beautiful compared to the ancient with more features. He won't care about that, he will ask you the plan to know where to begin."

Great example, and if you take a hotel in this example what you are asking for is a single document that contains the building plans as well as the business plans for the hotel, the accounts, the grocery orders for the kitchen and the employee records. All these things exist, but not in one place, what part of this hotel are you interested in? It is all made out of code and all built in the digital world, but it has even more parts that are even more distinct than in these examples.

"I hope you understand what I'm saying, it's simpler to make mine that's all."

I am being completely honest and not facetious when I say that if you can make your own safenet before maidsafe has launched then I will absolutely apologise to you in a very public way. I would love for you to achieve those goals - 'privacy, security, freedom, for everyone'. That is what I really care about (I suppose I'd like to get rich off it too, but that isn't how I found crypto and it's not why I'm here). If you can win us those goals then I will become an evangelist for every future endeavour from you. The only thing that might help me sleep at night is a solution to the dystopian future of centralised control that looms over our heads. If you can save my kids from that then I will be forever grateful.  The reason I defend David Irvine is because he has been working hard to try and achieve that goal for over a decade and he has always been completely honest and transparent, and he has never done it for the money or to try to get rich - unlike most other projects in crypto.

Jabba, i appreciate you a lot, especially because of your username, even if you love trolling me recently, but it is not a problem and i can understand. you know, we refunded many investors for different reasons on our personal funds, we do it for all the users who join on slack. Some was scared regarding the recent events in China, and we refunded them. So yes, people are refunded whenever they ask for it, without even disturbing the escrows, why do you mingle into it, people on safenet have said they want to be refunded, they have been sent private messages, and they have not replied . Ton said he was going to put his own money and not the funds from the crowdsale, in order to spare the development as we withdrawn 9%, not 30% because it's enough for now, for the next milestone.

You should stop saying it's a beast, it's complicated, if you have the skills you can help on simple tasks. As long as we see maidsafe as an endless task, it will never end. There is no problem about the conductor to continue to play, I have nothing against that, he can play without interuption he is not disturbing me at all. But I will explain, it is a developement project, so to do a roadmap you need architecture, and if you can not give me this architecture I can not go ahead, I understand an architecture, But I do not understand random indications given to me.
Imagine I am a contractor specializing in building, an old lady  having problems contacts me to help her. She tells me that the plumbing is broken, I would ask her where is the leak, where are the pipes, she would answer me asking to guess. I say okay, I'll guess their location and try to do some research.
Once it's good, she tells me there's an infiltration in the house, I tell her ok I'll fix it.
She will tell me that she has an electrical problem, I will ask her the electrical plans, she will answer me vaguely remember the indications of her husband ...
I could give many more. Let me say that I repaired all the problems that she indicated to me, leaving the house I take the car to go home, the old lady calls me saying that there was a small earthquake and That her house was destroyed, I her why, and she replie that the pillars were rusty.
Conclusion, everyone would have just lost his time and money trying to repair without taking into account the architectural aspect, and working blindly. We would have simply had to rebuild the house since the start.
It's the same thing in development, especially when you have a beast, it's one more reason to make it architecture to avoid hacks, minimize the bugs ...
Now, I said that one of our members would go to see maidsafe, offer them a global audit, it is normal all companies do it, and afterwards we will judge on what we can start seriously.
Activity: 9
may i have a summary please. and from both sides would be great. i think i deserve this because i send money in the ICO. thank you.
Summary:
I think NVO and MaidSafe teams went into a fight. It all started on MaidSafe forum, but Jabba wants to continue this really deep discussion, so he came to try and make scenes on the NVO announcement.

I followed their "Rap Battle", but now I'm getting sick of that.

Advice to the arguing sides

@Jabba if you want to do melodramas, go do them somewhere else, what is this are you supporting or are you challenging the NVO team, or are you simply having too much time so you've decided to waste someone else time.

By "trying to help the investors" you're only hurting all of us. All of us knew it is based on MaidSafe - a network that may or may not achieve the requirements NVO has, we still went consciously into NVO's project.

The only thing positive, not from you but from this "Forum Drama" is that @nemgun will try to make the network they need. So these are the things that may happen:
He may build your Maid's project before them
He may fail
Maid may finish their network.
Maid may fail

and why are we here?

Give NVO team the support for our decentralized exchange, so stop wasting time and start giving support.

@nemgun stop wasting your time with people who are spending their life making comments, and go do things that might improve our community.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
may i have a summary please. and from both sides would be great. i think i deserve this because i send money in the ICO. thank you.
Activity: 179
"Jabba saying that people want to be refunded"

I did not say that, I said IF people want to be refunded you should honour any request. I also said quite clearly I was not one of the investors.

"we demanded an architecture which is normal but we have been unable to find it."

It would be 'normal' to raise the $7M AFTER looking closely into maidsafe and how safenet works, not before.

"This is why i asked the safe architecture, but they don't have it"

They do have it, but it is all in parts/sections. The documentation exists in massive repositories, each piece of the picture being bigger than many crypto projects are in their entirety.

There is a mountain of text, whitepapers, the wiki github, everything you need except a spoon fed single document of 10,000 pages that contains it all in one place.

"Meanwhile, as i haven't got the document"

All the documentation is public. You can go and find whatever you want, don't expect very busy maidsafe devs to walk you through anything, just go an find whatever it is that you need, you've been told where the data is.

"I do not need to listen to the podcasts or see videos, I need to see the code, I have done it, now I need to see the architecture"

You've done it? Have you looked on github? Have you seen how much code there is any how many sections/libraries. No human being could have taken a good look at their code in that time. It just sounds mad. Code for what. It's like saying 'I've had a good look at the code for the internet today, now someone tell me about the architecture'.  This is not some simple little DLT project which is contained all in one whitepaper.

"What is missing, what is needed, what needs to be deployed and what are the means I have to deploy for NVO"

You can take a look at the roadmap to see what's missing, but really it is not so much a question of what is left to be done, but what can or do you want to help with? There are things left to be done everywhere. It is a huge beast of a project. They are working hard on datachains part2 now, but that's way too complicated for anyone to just dive into, perhaps you'd like to work on some simpler stuff around safecoin now that mutable data has advanced far enough as an easy way in, or if you want to help make the APIs as developer friendly as possible that might be a good place to start. To be honest, if I was skilled enough to help I'd be looking at the areas I had skills in and seeing what I could contribute, not demanding the conductor of a huge orchestra stop playing and walk you round introducing you to each instrumental section, or to give you a document that not only describes the song being played, but the employment rights of the musicians, the building plans and the accounting stuff for ticket sales. All these things are speerate and have their own areas, the conductor is too busy to walk anyone through it all, even someone who would like to help if they can. It is not an easy thing to help with, they hire very selectively and try to waste as little time as they can catchng up their own full time staff. They don't have time to personally take on catching up potential helpers who they don't know.

"You should do some cleaning in the repo, keep it clean, you said you have migrated from safe launcher to a safe browser, but safe launcher is still there."

It is still there for a reason, some app devs were using it for their own builds of mock routing... or something like that anyway. It will be removed when it is no longer being used by anyone.

"Imagine that you builds a hotel, you're just going to tell him, that it is more beautiful compared to the ancient with more features. He won't care about that, he will ask you the plan to know where to begin."

Great example, and if you take a hotel in this example what you are asking for is a single document that contains the building plans as well as the business plans for the hotel, the accounts, the grocery orders for the kitchen and the employee records. All these things exist, but not in one place, what part of this hotel are you interested in? It is all made out of code and all built in the digital world, but it has even more parts that are even more distinct than in these examples.

"I hope you understand what I'm saying, it's simpler to make mine that's all."

I am being completely honest and not facetious when I say that if you can make your own safenet before maidsafe has launched then I will absolutely apologise to you in a very public way. I would love for you to achieve those goals - 'privacy, security, freedom, for everyone'. That is what I really care about (I suppose I'd like to get rich off it too, but that isn't how I found crypto and it's not why I'm here). If you can win us those goals then I will become an evangelist for every future endeavour from you. The only thing that might help me sleep at night is a solution to the dystopian future of centralised control that looms over our heads. If you can save my kids from that then I will be forever grateful.  The reason I defend David Irvine is because he has been working hard to try and achieve that goal for over a decade and he has always been completely honest and transparent, and he has never done it for the money or to try to get rich - unlike most other projects in crypto.

Activity: 43
It's nice to see the forum getting along so well  Grin I also remain skeptical about being able to replicate SAFENET with Safenet10.0 it is a 10+ year project and still in development for a reason. Now admittedly I don't understand the coding and network side of hows its built so there maybe there is some way it can be done that I'm not aware of. I would make the project open source through github; otherwise it does come off as brash and arrogant to raise millions for a promised project built on the network essentially saying "Hey we trust this network enough to build our project on it" then turn around and say "Wait nevermind the project is too disorganized and cluttered to build our project on it so we're going to build the project on our own network." That sounds both very unrealistic and makes the team look disorganized on top of it because now the roadmap and details have changed and that in turn makes NVO look like a pipe dream to investors. I would offer either a refund to those that want it as the terms of the roadmap have changed by a huge degree and open source the projects if you haven't already to show you are as serious can be to bring this project to life.

I sort of agree. Refunds must be facilitated upon request if the investors lose trust in the devs and their approach.
However, this is just the first month after the ico ended and devs changing their mind about the base of the platform is alarming, it is not a step backwards. What is alarming indeed is the fact that this comes out within the first month after ico ended. I would have hoped that the NVO devs had close contact with the SAFE team and knew what they're getting themselves into before announcing "Hey, - I"VE GOT THIS" sort of attitude.

I am very worried with the language nemgun is using on and off this forum. Highly unprofessional, petty, and destructive.

I really wonder how this will turn out...

This is the same question I received on Slack
http://imgur.com/a/LjVVf
Pages:
Jump to: