Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 16. (Read 171811 times)

legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
Struggling to get a connection from my laptop (Windows 7) but from my VPS (Ubuntu 12.04) everything is fine with 7 connections.

No active connections at all showing up in Windows wallet, using the same (+ other Nodes noted in thread) but nothing active. My VPS is based in a different location to laptop location (VPS is US based, laptop is UK based).

Do we have any UK based nodes?
legendary
Thanks, will check my server soon.

That address owns more than 52% of the current mined coins, could be an exchange wallet but doesn't look like it, would be good to have who ever owns this wallet onboard!

Great, I'll start work on my side then I'll pass it over to you and we can work between us

I'll add my nodes (When set up and tested) to the Datacoin conf file aswell.

A mining guide is good, a step by step will be good aswell. The more information for potential miners the betters

I have a few ideas of developments with Datacoin but I think we need all this set up first and then I can detail my ideas and move forward with the Devs I know.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
So sexy, it hurts.
Sent you some Datacoin Smiley

And not sure who owns that addy you mentioned - hopefully someone that can help get things back on track.

And I can help with a couple things you mentioned:
the Datacoin conf file should include the most current node listing, which is this:

server=1
addnode=198.205.118.181:4777
addnode=191.101.9.62:4777
addnode=218.24.154.38:4777
addnode=61.235.146.130:4777
addnode=144.76.123.194:4777
addnode=92.222.37.29:4777
addnode=80.74.157.31:4777

And I have a basic mining guide above (with newer AMD cards) - with one change - one needs to edit the config file not the dtc.config file. My mistake. There are additional instructions within the config file itself to explain what all to do. And I can do a step-by-step rundown if need be Smiley (note that the miner must be x'd out, not ctrl-q'd or c'd out, there appears to be a glitch in the program) - We apparently need a better miner to work with Smiley But to it's credit, it's working very well with my R9's, so long as I just let them whirl away Smiley

My offer to others for free Datacoin for developmental purposes stands  Cool

All aboard the Blockchain revolution - giving the power to The People to publish their work on an indelible medium.
legendary
Ok, I've got a few ideas and like I said would like to see a central place (A website maybe) where all the current Datacoin services are listed, with download links, conf file, mining help etc. This will help get us started to see what we need and will be a good place to point others to help them get set up - I'll get this started soon and start thinking of a domain.

Once we have this we can reach out to others and build from there

I have set up a Ubuntu install, could you send a small amount to: DNjJm5stLZReXTAVEfuEqejA9N3uSEv2zt so I can check all is live and working

Also do we know who owns the DGFA65jcSuazPCcP5PUpTdpYsGBKu9HFEV address?
So sexy, it hurts.
I still firmly believe in this coin.

It has many attributes that are desirable:
~~A dedicated blockchain for data - immutable thus uncensurable - plus can take the burden of data off of the Bitcoin network.
~~The Proof of Work is the Primecoin algorithm (GPU based - the people still control Datacoin).
~~Bitcoin origin (other types of data layers can be embedded in the blockchain because of this).

I believe so much in this coin that I'm mining it right now.

If anyone wants some FREE DATACOIN for developmental purposes, I'll GIVE you some.

Respond to this thread with your Datacoin address, or PM me here or Twitter or wherever.

I have plenty of Datacoin to get some action happening Smiley Let's do this.

DataCoin is definitely a great coin with a lot of potential, a lot more than most others and I have seen some great projects written for DataCoin which could be applied elsewhere.

What are you mining with ?

Looking back on the thread it could really do with a post of all current services and services required, I'm willing to popup a few nodes (Like you have) and get a block explorer etc.

Indeed - The People need to adopt this coin - so much potential.

I'll do my part.

I'm currently mining on a R9 290.
I'm using windows 7, with all the updates in the .net series, plus running the most recent (as of today) Catalyst Control Center program to manage my GPU.
I'm using "dtc.graymines.net" as my pool.
The address to get the mining software is here --> http://dtc.graymines.net
You'll need to configure your Datacoin address in the "dtc.config" "config" file - and if you're using a different mining pool.
The program you run to mine is called "xpmclient" (it can be used for both Primecoin and Datacoin - depends on the configs).

I'll help maintain a hashrate that would require anyone who wants to mess with Datacoin to pack a lunch. On top of what I have, I also have some old Litecoin rigs that'd more than enjoy being activated Smiley

And yes, anything you and anyone can do should be done.

Block explorers are very important - as are nodes - anything to move Datacoin forward to a brighter day.

Mostly we need developers to adopt Datacoin, developers to Love Datacoin --- to pick out bugz, continue upgrades, and most excitingly --- create programs that layer on top of Datacoin.

Data on indelible blockchains is key for The People to thrive.
legendary

~~A dedicated blockchain for data - immutable thus uncensurable - plus can take the burden of data off of the Bitcoin network.
~~The Proof of Work is the Primecoin algorithm (GPU based - the people still control Datacoin).
~~Bitcoin origin (other types of data layers can be embedded in the blockchain because of this).

If anyone wants some FREE DATACOIN for developmental purposes, I'll GIVE you some.

Respond to this thread with your Datacoin address, or PM me here or Twitter or wherever.

DataCoin is definitely a great coin with a lot of potential, a lot more than most others and I have seen some great projects written for DataCoin which could be applied elsewhere.

What are you mining with ?

Looking back on the thread it could really do with a post of all current services and services required, I'm willing to popup a few nodes (Like you have) and get a block explorer etc.
So sexy, it hurts.

Activity: 851
Merit: 556
Yes, keep up the development.
Coins rly can't live without development, also the community needs to see that devs are still on the coin :-)
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Current nodes active:

218.24.154.38:4777
80.74.157.31:4777
144.76.123.194:4777
92.222.37.29:4777

Long live Datacoin!

Long live the Blockchains!

Nice but any coder to takeover this coin - coins can't live without development

-samsunk
So sexy, it hurts.
Current nodes active:

218.24.154.38:4777
80.74.157.31:4777
144.76.123.194:4777
92.222.37.29:4777

Long live Datacoin!

Long live the Blockchains!

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
I'd like to implement some DTC Android stuff but I'm not sure of the best way to get DTC functionality without downloading the whole blockchain.  Of course it could just connect to nodes running the full DTC wallet, but then how would Android clients get a list of nodes without relying on a centralized node?  Any ideas?
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
Hi guys, been out for a while but I'm back for the second BTC coming Smiley. Is mining DTC with CPU still feasible??
It should be, difficult is still be around 9.3, but you have to go solo, since there are no more cpu pools available.
Is CPU mining worth it though? i thought GPU mining was possible for dtc which is why i never bothered with my CPU or am i off base here?
GPU mining is possible for Datacoin, but the difficulty is still so low that you can make several Datacoins a day with a fast CPU.

Working GPU pool for new radeon cards is here:

http://dtc.graymines.net/index.php?id=start
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I've got quite a handsome bag of DTC to sell at 3000 satoshi. Message if interested. Accepting BTC, LTC, UNO in return.
Activity: 177
Merit: 153
Hi guys, been out for a while but I'm back for the second BTC coming Smiley. Is mining DTC with CPU still feasible??
It should be, difficult is still be around 9.3, but you have to go solo, since there are no more cpu pools available.
Is CPU mining worth it though? i thought GPU mining was possible for dtc which is why i never bothered with my CPU or am i off base here?
GPU mining is possible for Datacoin, but the difficulty is still so low that you can make several Datacoins a day with a fast CPU.
Activity: 707

Activity: 577
Merit: 500
It would be very interesting if the Datacoin Browser had an EDIT facility, where a transaction could be indicated as an "edit" of a previous transaction.  In that way the browser could show updated versions of transactions and their files.  Then the raw data on the blockchain could be shown as newspapers, tweets, social media posts etc.  All uncensorable.

This would effectively implement the "sidechains" that oocook5u talked about.

EDIT:  Oops, I see this is already part of the envelope rules (#4).

Yes, updates are already possible. Datacoin Browser currently shows the newest valid update if you request the original tx (or any tx in the update chain).

One of my planned features includes an history function.
Something like:
Code:
/dtc/lsrpc/listhistory/TXHASH
/dtc/lsrpc/gethistory/TXHASH

Which lets you access a specific update (or the original tx)
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
It would be very interesting if the Datacoin Browser had an EDIT facility, where a transaction could be indicated as an "edit" of a previous transaction.  In that way the browser could show updated versions of transactions and their files.  Then the raw data on the blockchain could be shown as newspapers, tweets, social media posts etc.  All uncensorable.

This would effectively implement the "sidechains" that oocook5u talked about.

EDIT:  Oops, I see this is already part of the envelope rules (#4).

Activity: 707
Datacoin up 30 places on cmc since yesterday!
Pages:
Jump to: