Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 13. (Read 171811 times)

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
Team World!

I just committed code to the Apertus.io repository that natively uses datacoin's data field.   Grin

Apertus.io offers decentralized profiles And twitter like functionality to any altcoins based off bitcoin core 0.10.0 and higher.
Apertus offers public\private storage, instant messaging and blockchain web browsing to altcoins based on bitcoin 0.8.0 and higher

Apertus makes Datacoin better because it stripes data across multiple transactions which allows you to store files of any size on datacoin.  You are not bound to the current 128K limit.  It also allows you to create a profile and signature on datacoin to include and use with your etching so other Apertus users can follow and interact with you.

Once you have installed Apertus.io and have it attached to your datacoin wallet just  Browse to the following transaction to download a 5MB .MP3 I just put on there today as a test.

8b0c671f5c64d062a887486d6f38dfcd0497a12c38d9b3d1f688330215746f30   

Here is a link to step by step training on setting up your Apertus.io Client
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDNMoJ2rHmfqn8mlv5V-jcSt7sq2kGTtE

PS: The official release supporting Data coins data field will be compiled within the week. Watch for it here
https://github.com/HugPuddle/Apertus

Thanks for your time
embii

This is big news!  Nobody seems to be paying attention, but I hear you!  I'm going to spread the word!
Activity: 62
Merit: 6
The latest release 0.3.7-Beta  now officially supports datacoin's variable data field.    enable the DTC  and the DTC-V sample wallets.
http://Apertus.io
Activity: 62
Merit: 6
Team World!

I just committed code to the Apertus.io repository that natively uses datacoin's data field.   Grin

Apertus.io offers decentralized profiles And twitter like functionality to any altcoins based off bitcoin core 0.10.0 and higher.
Apertus offers public\private storage, instant messaging and blockchain web browsing to altcoins based on bitcoin 0.8.0 and higher

Apertus makes Datacoin better because it stripes data across multiple transactions which allows you to store files of any size on datacoin.  You are not bound to the current 128K limit.  It also allows you to create a profile and signature on datacoin to include and use with your etching so other Apertus users can follow and interact with you.

Once you have installed Apertus.io and have it attached to your datacoin wallet just  Browse to the following transaction to download a 5MB .MP3 I just put on there today as a test.

8b0c671f5c64d062a887486d6f38dfcd0497a12c38d9b3d1f688330215746f30   

Here is a link to step by step training on setting up your Apertus.io Client
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDNMoJ2rHmfqn8mlv5V-jcSt7sq2kGTtE

PS: The official release supporting Data coins data field will be compiled within the week. Watch for it here
https://github.com/HugPuddle/Apertus

Thanks for your time
embii
Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
Yeah, there's still nothing quite like this coin.  It STILL offers a service that nothing else does.  I still run a node and check in occasionally.  We're still here.  Something like a Datacoin Twitter implementation would be killer.  It would be uncensorable by anyone.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
So sexy, it hurts.
~ "check storj"

Storj is a complimentary service to Datacoin.
Datacoin is immutable - Storj isn't.

Example of complimentary service:
One could store a full-file on Storj, then the hash on Datacoin.
That way one could be certain that the original file is what they claim to be on Storj by using the unchangable hash stored on Datacoin Smiley

~ "Is it started by the original dev of DTC?"

No, one can go through this thread and deduce with reasonable certainty that they aren't...

-----

Exploration of known and unknown uses of blockchain tech is important - I feel it's wise to maintain quality blockchains for experimentation - Datacoin easily qualifies - the more the better Smiley
That's why I'm putting hashing power into Datacoin, supporting full-nodes, and offering Datacoin for development.
DM me for some Datacoin if you wanna play around with it Smiley

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
appears to be abandoned by it's original developer - yes.

dead - no.

the coin still works, some are still mining and developing ideas.

bter still allows one to purchase datacoin, just not deposit datacoin - they've mentioned they'll re-activate deposits when a dev team is apparent.

datacoininfo.org is online for wallet and mining info.

dm me if anyone wishes to get any free datacoin for development and testing.

it's a viable coin - the value of immutable information on blockchains is slowly being recognized - the datacoin torch is being held . . .
Is there other more succesfull coins now, doing what was DTC meant to do?
The original developer must have left for a reason.

check storj
Is it started by the original dev of DTC?
Activity: 124
Merit: 10

dead - no.

bter still allows one to purchase datacoin, just not deposit datacoin - they've mentioned they'll re-activate deposits when a dev team is apparent.

it's a viable coin - the value of immutable information on blockchains is slowly being recognized - the datacoin torch is being held . . .

check storj

dead - no.

So sexy, it hurts.

dead - no.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Name:   oocook5u
Activity:   36
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   November 05, 2013, 05:58:23 PM
Last Active:   January 27, 2014, 09:45:46 PM

This is an abandoned coin,dead.
Activity: 124
delisted from Bter.com just now
Was that the only exchange?
Sad day for this great coin.

add it back now
delisted from Bter.com just now
Was that the only exchange?
Sad day for this great coin.
Activity: 71
Wayla is sometimes a man!
Activity: 955
One of the coolest original coins, glad to see people working on it. From January 2014 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndatacoin-next-step-web-applications-inside-blockchain-demo-405992

So many crooked shitcoins now it's good to see a creative ethical old no-premine coming back to life.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
We have placed the work in progress pages live, if you have any feedback on them please let us know. The pages are Help with mining (Only Windows help is currently present) and Help setting up your wallet (Only Windows help is currently present)

Credit goes to ATOMSEA
legendary
BTER DTC deposit is disabled for long time.

I did some digging awhile back and it appears they dropped the deposits when the Datacoin dev disappeared.

However, one can still buy Datacoin from them (odd, I know).

People, including myself, have requested they bring deposits back, but the response is "deposits have been deactivated." It's the standard line from them now.

Another user got a response awhile back that essentially said that if Datacoin gets a dev, they'll bring it back.

Thus, get us a Dev!

Cheesy Smiley

Long live immutable data on the blockchains!
Long live Datacoin!

(remember, free datacoin is available for development, DM me your datacoin addy and I'll send you all you need)

Thanks AtomSea for the support!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
So sexy, it hurts.

I did some digging awhile back and it appears they dropped the deposits when the Datacoin dev disappeared.

However, one can still buy Datacoin from them (odd, I know).

People, including myself, have requested they bring deposits back, but the response is "deposits have been deactivated." It's the standard line from them now.

Another user got a response awhile back that essentially said that if Datacoin gets a dev, they'll bring it back.

Thus, get us a Dev!

Cheesy Smiley

Long live immutable data on the blockchains!
Long live Datacoin!

(remember, free datacoin is available for development, DM me your datacoin addy and I'll send you all you need)
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
legendary
Hey guys,

We are currently updating http://datacoininfo.org with the guides kindly created by users here, if anyone has any feedback for the site it will be greatly welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: