Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 31. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
As qqqq noticed on another thread, the hp12-derived datacoin wallet does not have windows version available at the moment. Could anybody compile it for windows, let me know and share the binaries? Please!
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
I like the concept of Datacoin, but I think Datacoin should take care of encrypting the data.
My hope is that Datacoin makes it possible to encrypt all data before/while uploading. Otherwise I'm not sure if this is going to work well.

People can already use cloud based storage services that do the same for free.

Think again.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Yeah! Well, maybe I was too quick with my opinion.

I see the potential of this coin, and I'm sure new features will be added in the future that will make it even more interesting.

I hope Cryptsy will add Datacoin very soon that will generate more volume and interest from new people.
At the moment I am trying to scoop up some DTC, but Bter exchange does not have high volume/big traders, so it is very hard to buy big amount for 1 price. No big sell walls, etc.

Price at the moment is quite low, so nice moment to get in before it will hit Cryptsy.

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
That's like saying we should throw Bitcoin in the bin because we already have money.

And BTW this is completely different from cloud storage providers in some ways :

- You can't delete data (thus you can't censor it).
- You should not trust any third party to store it (remember that's what makes the Bitcoin technology really disruptive ).
- Storage space is expensive and limited compared to other Data Storage providers.

Ideally Datacoin should be used to store :
- Documents/information that otherwise could be censored. This usage case should use enryption in order to protect the nodes.
- Any info you want to demonstrate that was available at some point in time. The blockchain not only ensures integrity but it also provides a great timestamping service.
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
I like the concept of Datacoin, but I think Datacoin should take care of encrypting the data.
I don't think that is practical, what if you wanted to upload some data witout encrypting it?

That's like saying we should throw Bitcoin in the bin because we already have money.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
My hope is that Datacoin makes it possible to encrypt all data before/while uploading. Otherwise I'm not sure if this is going to work well.

Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Could datacoin eventually be used to store critical operational data for electrical systems and eventually be used to control the operations of that system directly through application of the operational data stored in the blockchain? Could this be used to automate electrical systems operations, programming their operations based on verifiable and incorruptible data stored in the blockchain?

The original dev. explained how personal nodes chains if you will were in development. Thus could datacoin eventually be used to individually automate the control and operations of a persons electrical devices(systems) and be sure that such controls cannot be corrupted and do not fail?

A system that is in metastable equilibrium and that is controlled by an operation based on data relating to the condition of its metastable equilibrium is prone to failure due to metastability in its electronics

Could Datacoin eventually be used to limit failure in such a system through asynchronous circuit?

How important could it be in an electronic age to have verifiable encrypted automated control over electric and electronic circuits and systems? Especially in fields such as advanced flight guidance systems development, power plants, computers, national defense systems, etc.

Does anybody understand this? I fear the dev. might have been onto this already, problem is a lot of people wouldn't want this to happen.
Activity: 17
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Is 128K the max per block?
128K - max per TX, 1MB - max per block
Activity: 588
Is 128K the max per block?
Activity: 12
Does anyone know how to store data on datacoin. Could be a good way to permanently back up stuff.

You can use
- the Perl scripts on the Datacoin github to upload data using your local Datacoin daemon.
- or krypte.net where you can upload up to 1Mb. file.

You need DTC to cover the network fees with both methods.
Take into account that everyone can see the contents you upload, so you should encrypt sensitive information.

Activity: 308
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
Is this the original thread for datacoin?
yes, it was started by the original dev. You can also find many links together in this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dtc-promo-thread-information-is-money-datacoin-implements-these-words-358592

wait aren't you the original dev I thought I saw you come up on both?
Nono. He is not the dev. Just part of the unofficial team. Dev. seem to have done a Satoshi Nakamoto.
yes, it was started by the original dev. You can also find many links together in this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dtc-promo-thread-information-is-money-datacoin-implements-these-words-358592

wait aren't you the original dev I thought I saw you come up on both?

Thank you.

Does anyone know how to store data on datacoin. Could be a good way to permanently back up stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Any news from development team?
There will be very interesting news, not for 'pump prices', but from tech-side. They will come not from the core developer who seems to leave Datacoin. Stay tuned Wink
If your "overtaking" DTC development, count me in as dev Wink
Activity: 322
I am a long term holder on DTC and I am waiting for the latest updates.
Looking at the current shit coins, an innovative coin like DTC should be valued much higher with new updates.
Pages:
Jump to: