Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DC] *NEW * DynamicCoin~ Pure Pos ~ Fair distribution ~ New wallet 1.0.2 - page 11. (Read 45896 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I apologize for the harsh words in your direction.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Hello everyone, I want to explain to you our point of view about the recent events with DC.

First of all I want to make clear, that I'm not running this pool on my own. We are a team of two admins and one web dev.
We also answer all our support mails, advertise, chat with users and as you may guess this pool is not our primary income, we all have jobs and responsibilities that we neglect to keep our users happy.
As the biggest pool on launch holding 1.3 GH/s without any issues, we spend the night monitoring the cron jobs and making sure everything goes smooth.
Sadly early in the morning around 7:00 GMT our hosting provider decided to stop our stratum server due the 3Gb/s DDOS attack.
We didn't get any customer support till 9:30, by than we managed to setup a new server and run it by ourselves. Most of our users reconnected and we a had around 800-900 MH/s on our pool.
We felt relieved and happy, that our efforts were not in vain. At that time our pool and multi-pool.eu were both holding around 95% of the whole network.
Everything was fine until we realised that the new wallet version 1.0.1 was depending on a single pnseed, dnsseed not set at all and because of poor nodes setup 98% of the network are mining on the wrong chain.

Splendid.

We decided to keep it quiet in order to save the coin. We tried to hotfix the new wallet version to sync with our node and validating this huge fork.
We almost managed .. meanwhile our pool was going up and down.
We were blamed all over this forum, compared with hooker's panties, while some of our fellow pool ops advertise themselves as stable pools running on the "correct" chain.
Finally when we switched off our stratum we got the dev attention being more than 1/2 of the network hashrate, with the help of our admins they managed to sync to the biggest fork, the one our pool and multi-pool.eu were mining.
So this whole thing end after 21 hours hard work and wallet version 1.0.2 was released.

I kindly asked the Dev twice to make a clear statement in here, because as the biggest pool we are taking all the blame.
Sorry, but "don't blame the pools" won't cut it!

Yes we didn't lost as much blocks as we would have, if the nodes were sync with the lesser chain(s). But our pool balance is negative and we have tons of pissed off users.
Our pool runs on donations ONLY !
We demand refund for us and our users ! You have good amount of premined coins that are not used for anything yet, this coin doesn't even have a block explorer !!!

Thank you.

xHash Team
Activity: 1428
Merit: 538
Dev by you paying for some of the missing coins that is a great step for dynamic, and helping the community as well. Kudoss

I think so , due to the wallet problem. I got so many orphans in my pool.

Activity: 118
Dev by you paying for some of the missing coins that is a great step for dynamic, and helping the community as well. Kudoss
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
how to solve:

zerocoin/Accumulator.cpp:106:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/zerocoin/Accumulator.d: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Using latest source:  mkdir -p obj/zerocoin && chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform

allowed me to compile. 
Activity: 1428
Merit: 538
how to solve:

zerocoin/Accumulator.cpp:106:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/zerocoin/Accumulator.d: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Yup....new wallet.

Thanks for nodes....synced up quick but nada coins.

Now back to....97 blocks remaining....somethings fuxored.

That's odd. I just shut down the wallet, backed up my wallet.dat, removed everything in \users\\AppData\Roaming\DynamicCoin except for wallet.dat, created the file dynamiccoin.conf with:

addnode=162.243.39.189
addnode=107.170.59.61
addnode=107.170.38.188
addnode=188.226.161.169

Then ran the new wallet and had no problems synching right up. No missing coins, nothing unconfirmed, current block aligns with the two biggest pools etc.

Did as you did with newest client and all is well....I retract my statement regarding blame....client must have been going two different directions.

Thanks  Smiley
Activity: 181
WTS 800 DC for 1 btc PM me
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Yup....new wallet.

That's odd. I just shut down the wallet, backed up my wallet.dat, removed everything in \users\\AppData\Roaming\DynamicCoin except for wallet.dat, created the file dynamiccoin.conf with:

addnode=162.243.39.189
addnode=107.170.59.61
addnode=107.170.38.188
addnode=188.226.161.169

Then ran the new wallet and had no problems synching right up. No missing coins, nothing unconfirmed, current block aligns with the two biggest pools etc.
Activity: 252
WTS 1000 DC for .1 btc PM me
Activity: 374
what happened now? wallet doenst sync anymore??
new windows qt 1.0.2
https://mega.co.nz/#!RUpE3aYQ!caWzQE9ukIlXtjQHPsG-yWc7zpdmxgYcd4vGiYVlKj4

always make i copy of the wallet.dat to be safe Smiley

dont blame the pools the network had a forked chain Sad

Wrong fork for 12 hours?

I think blame is due....I don't hash for free.

(well i probably just did but hey  Smiley)

I'm curious which pools were forked. I've been using XHash.net and Multi-Pool.eu with half of my rigs pointed at one and half at the other (plus each is set to failover to the other). That's been the case since 11pm EST yesterday, so 13 hours ago, and I haven't noticed any loss of coins. Xhash has certainly had some lengthy outages, but I wasn't aware of either pool forking.
Activity: 14
new windows qt 1.0.2

Wrong fork for 12 hours?

(well i probably just did but hey  Smiley)

i will pay for the lost coins tomorrow
forked chain was mostly on the small pools

close to 10% blocks mined now
Activity: 364
After how many days are all the coins mined and it becomes a pure PoS?
new windows qt 1.0.2

Wrong fork for 12 hours?

(well i probably just did but hey  Smiley)
Activity: 84
Activity: 14
new windows qt 1.0.2

Yup....new wallet.

im fixing the nodes now
i will try to pay for the lost coins tomorrow

I'm currently waiting on ~500 coins from xhash and client keeps re-syncing....seems to never get there.

Synced and no coins.

Solution anyone?

Correct nodes?

Assuming you've downloaded the updated wallet (?) I've had no problems with these:

addnode=162.243.39.189
addnode=107.170.59.61
addnode=107.170.38.188
addnode=188.226.161.169
im fixing the nodes now
i will try to pay for the lost coins tomorrow

I'm currently waiting on ~500 coins from xhash and client keeps re-syncing....seems to never get there.

Synced and no coins.

Also this wallet freezes up constantly and locks up my computer more than half the time I even look at it.

Correct nodes?

Amateur hour.....but great idea.
Pages:
Jump to: