Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW - page 43. (Read 182581 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Is this coin able to be mined with cpu ?
When it 1st launched I was able to cpu mine.  Not able to now since the algo changed  Sad
You can mine it with cpu and get a decent hashrate
Activity: 241
Is this coin able to be mined with cpu ?
When it 1st launched I was able to cpu mine.  Not able to now since the algo changed  Sad
Activity: 684
Merit: 500
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
All will be well. Soon. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Well..we are losing hashrate, that is disappointing Undecided
Dev is still active but hasn't posted anything. Wondering what he is working on now Roll Eyes
not a good sign Angry

bugger all volume, and very low price considering tends to drive people away to mine more profitable things....
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Dev is still active but hasn't posted anything. Wondering what he is working on now Roll Eyes
not a good sign Angry
Activity: 181
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
The Chinese version wallet shows litecoin on the title,Dev ,please update it in the next released wallet.
Activity: 249
I'd like to discuss some results of my research on energy efficiency of deepcoin mining.
This is the example of my small miner based on three Radeon cards: 7950+7870XT+7750.
The power consumption was measured for the whole system.
There are more than one result for some algos as I wanted to test different settings.
Scrypt is just for a comparison and setting are not really optimal. Sorry, I wouldn't bother much with searching optimal GPU settings for scrypt any more.

My general conclusion is that:
1. deepcoin algo can be really efficient and eco friendly
2. however it is also very setting-sensitive algo and can turn in power greedy if you don't care for that.

If you press these settings for maximal performance you may get in result significant electrical waste.
In this case tiny performance improvement of roughly 8,5% is completely not worth of 27% power drown increasement.

Thanks for the interesting data.

It is very useful to be reminded of the diminishing returns (power/hash) involved in having the highest-megahash settings.

Time to get my power meter out soon, and check how my rig is doing.
jox
Activity: 681
It is very strange you have any CPU usage at all.
I have 5 miners and no one uses any CPU power for mining deeps. Only the GPU is being used...

I agree, thats why I ask there. But thanks for suggestion. Then I play with intensity and found there was problem.

Try out -g 1, -I 21. This is confirmed to work well with R9 280X by my friend.

Cheesy
Many thanks, 14.5 Mhs now and almost no CPU usage (~0.20%). Before I used -g 2.
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
I have 5 miners and no one uses any CPU power for mining deeps. Only the GPU is being used...

I agree, thats why I ask there. But thanks for suggestion. Then I play with intensity and found there was problem.

Try out -g 1, -I 21. This is confirmed to work well with R9 280X by my friend.
jox

jox
Have anyone else same problem with new deepcoin sgminer like me? This new sgminer consuming 30-50% usage from my CPU. This is unacceptable, I think there is some bad coding in sgminer. Still don't get it, why deepcoin change algo from qubit to this. Qubit is less power hungry on GPU and no taking usage from CPU - less than 2%.

Can dev look at this problem, why is so high CPU usage when runing this new sgminer?

My CPU is in idle.

I guess you have exceeded with the intensity or having a windows.

I found problem. I running on windows, but main problem is intensity.
Until now -I 14 and this consumes ~15% usage on four cores CPU / 12.6 Mhs (R9 280X)
when I tried use:
-I 11 / ~35% usage on 4cores CPU / ~4.5Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 12 / ~35% usage on 4cores CPU / ~9.2Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 13 / ~22% usage on 4cores CPU / ~11.5Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 15 / ~7.5% usage on 4cores CPU / ~12.1Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 16 / ~3.8% usage on 4cores CPU / ~11.8Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 17 / ~2% usage on 4cores CPU / ~11.2Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 18 / ~1% usage on 4cores CPU / ~11.05Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 19 / ~0.6% usage on 4cores CPU / ~11.0Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 20 / ~0.4% usage on 4cores CPU / ~10.9Mhs (R9 280X)
-I 21 / ~0.2% usage on 4cores CPU / ~11.0Mhs (R9 280X)

So looks like I must use some higher intensity, if I don't want high cpu power usage, but I obtain lower Mhs.

with intensity 11:
Have anyone else same problem with new deepcoin sgminer like me? This new sgminer consuming 30-50% usage from my CPU. This is unacceptable, I think there is some bad coding in sgminer. Still don't get it, why deepcoin change algo from qubit to this. Qubit is less power hungry on GPU and no taking usage from CPU - less than 2%.

Can dev look at this problem, why is so high CPU usage when runing this new sgminer?

My CPU is in idle.

I guess you have exceeded with the intensity or are having a windows...

Activity: 364

So, I'am only one who has this problem? Nobody cares, why this sgminer is consuming CPU power? On my dual core CPU miner, sgminer is taking 30-50% of power usage (60-100% of single core CPU), that means an additional electricity consuming.
On four core CPU it takes 15%, that means 60% from one core. Please look at this.

No problem on Ubuntu 14.04 .
If you are under linux you can use
Code:
taskset -c 0 ./sgminer .....
. That way you limit the use to a single core (first core in this case)
On windows you can define the priority and the affinity of sgminer process to 1 core in the task manager.
jox

So, I'am only one who has this problem? Nobody cares, why this sgminer is consuming CPU power? On my dual core CPU miner, sgminer is taking 30-50% of power usage (60-100% of single core CPU), that means an additional electricity consuming.
On four core CPU it takes 15%, that means 60% from one core. Please look at this.
@xwebnetwork&peterw1234

Thanks for your appreciation. I have just started my research and this is just the only one example. I am going to test some more of the hardware and settings, maybe discuss it with other miners to confirm the conclusions. I am going to publish some more data soon and am waiting for more opinions.
Activity: 181
I'd like to discuss some results of my research on energy efficiency of deepcoin mining.
This is the example of my small miner based on three Radeon cards: 7950+7870XT+7750.
There are more than one result for some algos as I wanted to test different settings.
Scrypt is just for a comparison and setting are not really optimal. Sorry, I wouldn't bother much with searching optimal GPU settings for scrypt any more.

2. however it is also very setting-sensitive algo and can turn in power greedy if you don't care for that.

If you press these settings for maximal performance you may get in result significant electrical waste.
In this case tiny performance improvement of roughly 8,5% is completely not worth of 27% power drown increasement.

This should be made available within the OP. Quite valuable information. Thanks for the contribution!

+1 Should post this within the OP. Nice to know Cheesy
Activity: 364
Deephash consumes slightly less than X11 and Xxx algo but I have the impression that it is more stable with my 280x GPUs.
Activity: 684
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

This should be made available within the OP. Quite valuable information. Thanks for the contribution!
Pages:
Jump to: