Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 191. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
askNFTY Team Account

learned about Decred recently - really interesting stuff, will be following the work you guys are doing!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Small buy wall appeared at 170K, seems we are ready to go back at 240K Wink
Waiting for buy signal from bitcoin)

can you explain that signal please! Cheesy thanks
Activity: 630
Merit: 309
Small buy wall appeared at 170K, seems we are ready to go back at 240K Wink
Waiting for buy signal from bitcoin)
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

I agree. Solo staking is like running to work when you could drive/bike instead.  You can eliminate the hassle quite easily if you stake with a pool.

If good prices for tickets are available and demand is low then yes, because you can pay the default fee of 0.01 dcr per kb.

But when that is not the case and you end up having to pay for example 1 dcr fee per kb, that translates to a little over 0.5 final cost per pool ticket whereas solo it would be 0.3 dcr for the same ticket.

To solo mine you need to pay a VPS that can down and you lose all your mining that is incomplete.
Latency is also directly related to missed tickets.
The pools have several servers, there is no down risk

DCR wallet has been broken on Yobit for weeks, have sent multiple tickets and they still haven't fixed it. does anyone know this dude who can get him to spend the 30 minutes to fix the wallet?

Yobit is a scam exchange with a lot of scam coins.
There isn't problem with Decred wallet. They are lying.
They belong to a pump & dumper group.
They want everyone to drop decred on their buy orders.

Activity: 248
One World
correction but some spread fear around with their analysis...
Activity: 140
Price was like double 2 weeks ago, what happened?

Bad news or just a casual pump and now the usual afterdumping?
One World
Activity: 157
DCR wallet has been broken on Yobit for weeks, have sent multiple tickets and they still haven't fixed it. does anyone know this dude who can get him to spend the 30 minutes to fix the wallet?

I never used Yobit, but what i've heard there has never been working Dcr-withdrawal in Yobit.
Activity: 175

I agree. Solo staking is like running to work when you could drive/bike instead.  You can eliminate the hassle quite easily if you stake with a pool.

If good prices for tickets are available and demand is low then yes, because you can pay the default fee of 0.01 dcr per kb.

But when that is not the case and you end up having to pay for example 1 dcr fee per kb, that translates to a little over 0.5 final cost per pool ticket whereas solo it would be 0.3 dcr for the same ticket.

I prefer solo-mining because lower fees. But then there is need for reliable low-latency connection and staking-machine. If there is lack for either one, i suggest stakepool.

Join the slack. Someone will assist, if something unclear.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

I agree. Solo staking is like running to work when you could drive/bike instead.  You can eliminate the hassle quite easily if you stake with a pool.

One World
Join Us On Slack.decred.org more news coming soon!!!
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Another ticket missed with my server up and running

This is needlessly complex to hide the fact that you are just locking up the money supply to prevent dumping and force users to host nodes with a chance that you might get a tiny reward

I gave it another month, but it has failed me again

On to other things with more of a chance for basic user adoption, not just people in the crypto scene  

This is the first coin that beat me from a technical and complexity aspect

I just cant see how this could gain popularity with the general population

Moving along defeated and distrought

Are you using cmdline? Are you sure, that you have --enablestakemining and wallet is unlocked?

Yes it was unlocked and stakemining

Just sent my remaining balance to the exchange so on a positive note I can get out on a bit of an upside

I do love this community and the coin concept, I just will sleep easier without the hassle

If you change your mind, i'm sure you get help with technical problems in forum or slack. Or optionally use stakepool, when pool does voting and no need  to run wallet 24/7.

Activity: 180
Hey guys, using the 0.8.0 release with Paymetheus Standalone (launches dcrd itself it seems)...

Whenever I try to buy tickets through Paymetheus (using a stakepool I configured in the background), I get -22: TX rejected...transaction output 0: payment of ... is dust.

Seems like maybe it's trying to use a utxo that is too small? I sent a tiny tx as my first tx to this wallet to test migrating from wallet.decred.org to Paymetheus. Any ideas?

0.8.2-beta Paymetheus has solved this problem for me FWIW

This is needlessly complex to hide the fact that you are just locking up the money supply to prevent dumping and force users to host nodes with a chance that you might get a tiny reward

On to other things with more of a chance for basic user adoption, not just people in the crypto scene  

Are you using cmdline? Are you sure, that you have --enablestakemining and wallet is unlocked?

Just sent my remaining balance to the exchange so on a positive note I can get out on a bit of an upside

I do love this community and the coin concept, I just will sleep easier without the hassle

If you change your mind, i'm sure you get help with technical problems in forum or slack. Or optionally use stakepool, when pool does voting and no need  to run wallet 24/7.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

Moving along defeated and distraught
Activity: 546
Today is a day to buy more DCR.
Every day is this kind of a day! hahhahaha
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Decred always on my heart!
de need to do some kind of public promotion,or google hangsout like most famous altcoin do nowadays.
not act always in anon.
Jump to: