Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 192. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Woot.... 200 DCR for a ticket. And I was already shocked when I saw the previous price which was over 100 DCR...

The price of Decred tickets for a vote sometimes shows a surprisingly high values. You just need to wait for some time and it will decrease.

Yes of course it will decrease again after some time, but anyway, this was the highest ticketprice since launch. And if things keep going, some smaller coinholders will have problems to buy further tickets as the price exceeds their stack.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Woot.... 200 DCR for a ticket. And I was already shocked when I saw the previous price which was over 100 DCR...

The price of Decred tickets for a vote sometimes shows a surprisingly high values. You just need to wait for some time and it will decrease.
Activity: 248
One World
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
DCR down to $1.5-$1.8 next week
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi all.
I tried to launch Paymetheus v.0.8 on 2 PC win10 and win7, but get error "Consensus server exited with code 1." What it's mean. Console wallet work fine. Early Paymetheus I don't use.
Thanks. Sorry for my bad English Smiley

Do you have dcrd.exe already running? I believe Paymetheus tries to launch it's own instance of dcrd when it opens. If dcrd is already running, it might give an error message (just a guess).
Thanks for the help all. I understood my problem. My user name and directory have simbol &. In cli wallet I change default directory because wallet work fine. In Paymetheus, when I use wallet directory not change.
Activity: 546
Hey everybody with problems with paymetheus 0.8.0.

A patch has been released to fix the bugs, you need to download v0.8.2 on www.decred.org or https://github.com/decred/decred-binaries/releases/tag/v0.8.2

Thanks, Emil!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

A patch has been released to fix the bugs, you need to download v0.8.2 on www.decred.org or https://github.com/decred/decred-binaries/releases/tag/v0.8.2

Activity: 59
Hey guys, using the 0.8.0 release with Paymetheus Standalone (launches dcrd itself it seems)...

Whenever I try to buy tickets through Paymetheus (using a stakepool I configured in the background), I get -22: TX rejected...transaction output 0: payment of ... is dust.

Seems like maybe it's trying to use a utxo that is too small? I sent a tiny tx as my first tx to this wallet to test migrating from wallet.decred.org to Paymetheus. Any ideas?

Try to join our Slack. There some more knowledgeable individuals may be able to help you brother. For me, everything is going smooth.
Activity: 409

Nah, 100+ prices have been seen before many times.
But for the First time recently I saw a price of 50 with a full mempool and where it was actually necessary to raise the ticket fee a little to manage to buy some.

So stake difficulty is going up for good. Already the stake profitability has fallen a lot and apparently will continue to. I guess it couldn't stay so high forever, all good things come to an end
Activity: 248
One World
One more year guys! Patience... Decred was a middle-term investment. We good around $0.4 and $3. Soon be it will around $100!!!
Activity: 463
Merit: 256
what is better for nvidia pascal - ccminer or gominer?
legendary
Activity: 2321
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
any possibility to see dcr back over 300k? I've bought there
If you didn't put any money into it which you need quite soon, I'd say don't worry. It's a solid project with good support from different sides, and it's holding its price nicely, so far.
My advice would be to not worry and stick with your bag.

We just had what people would consider a "sell the news"-event, and price tanked like what? 15%? Then Bitcoin moved up nicely, and DCR held its price. It even went up. So, no. I'm not worried that it'll dump to shit anytime soon.
Boy do I wish I had more money when DCR was sub 50k.
I mean I'm still happy I invested all my BTC when it was ~300k and started staking, but man did I want to buy more.

That feeling when you know something is about to blow up, but you can't do anything about it.   Sad Sad Sad

I know this feeling. Completely agree on this
Activity: 68
Boy do I wish I had more money when DCR was sub 50k.
I mean I'm still happy I invested all my BTC when it was ~300k and started staking, but man did I want to buy more.

That feeling when you know something is about to blow up, but you can't do anything about it.   Sad Sad Sad
legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Decred is certainly an interesting coin however excluding governance what advantages does it hold over other alt coins?

From what I can tell whilst the PoS/PoW hybrid system seems to solve some issues with hard forking, and potential vulnerabilities caused by large mining pools, it's more or less on par in terms of other features.

I'm only a layman so I'm probably missing something, but how does a coin like this gain widespread adoption when the main advantages are things end users are unlikely to notice?

It looks like you missed the roadmap for 2017

https://forum.decred.org/threads/2017-decred-roadmap.4937/

- Lightning Network  
- Privacy project with a new and unique anon system
- Smart contracts  
- DAO  
- Decentralized governance with vote through the blockchain
- Marketing Campaign  

legendary
#mitandopelomundo
A patch has been released to fix the bugs, you need to download v0.8.1 on www.decred.org or https://github.com/decred/decred-binaries/releases/tag/v0.8.1

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Hey guys, using the 0.8.0 release with Paymetheus Standalone (launches dcrd itself it seems)...

Whenever I try to buy tickets through Paymetheus (using a stakepool I configured in the background), I get -22: TX rejected...transaction output 0: payment of ... is dust.

Seems like maybe it's trying to use a utxo that is too small? I sent a tiny tx as my first tx to this wallet to test migrating from wallet.decred.org to Paymetheus. Any ideas?
Activity: 59
Decred is certainly an interesting coin however excluding governance what advantages does it hold over other alt coins?

From what I can tell whilst the PoS/PoW hybrid system seems to solve some issues with hard forking, and potential vulnerabilities caused by large mining pools, it's more or less on par in terms of other features.

I'm only a layman so I'm probably missing something, but how does a coin like this gain widespread adoption when the main advantages are things end users are unlikely to notice?

great staking value / also it is going to offer a new approach to privacy in the coming months...different from XMR or ZEC. Keep in mind DCR went in to development at the same time as XMR almost. They both went into development the same month.
Activity: 16

Jump to: