Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 258. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Long time lurker. Made a wallet around the beginning and thought the CLI was not intuitive at all. But I liked mining these coins for some reason. Decided to check out what was going on last week, and really like the ease of using paymetheus. Figured out that I wasn't going to lose my wallet with the seed and eventually transferred my CLI wallet into paymetheus wallet to finally buy a ticket. Still a bit complicated to setup up the ticket in a stake pool, but its much easier than pure CLI.

What's the easiest way to buy DCR right now? Want to buy some to get more tickets as I can't mine fast enough.

The easiest way is to buy them an exchange there are lots of cheap DCR on polo and bittrex  in the last couple of months.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
It sounds ridiculous,probably even to yourself.
You say it is a common case to put a sell order with amount of three times of a daily volume, right ?

No it doesn't, I have enough market experience...
I'm not saying it's common, but it does happen.  If you're thinking that it's being used for manipulation then that would be pretty foolish on the seller's part.  There are many people on the exchange that could take that wall away from him and call the bluff.  75btc isn't that much in the grand scheme of things and "fake" walls only stay up only for short amounts of time to minimize risk.  It's still there...
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
It sounds ridiculous,probably even to yourself.
You say it is a common case to put a sell order with amount of three times of a daily volume, right ?
Polo has quite the sell wall , 75btc at 0.0023900.  The price has been going down steadily ever since the release of the pos wallet.  I guess it makes it easier for everyone to stake and sell off.  I guess not that many people have too much faith in the future and are holding their coins.

...and do you think this 75 btc sell wall (put under 250k sats!) looks "natural" to you?
 Smiley

Yes actually it does.  I know you're implying manipulation, and that probably would be the case if there was some kind of news on the horizon to try and keep the price down.  There isn't though.  My guess is it's a long time holder that wants to get out and invest in something else.  Since the entire order book isn't even that much(75btc) it doesn't make sense to sell little by little, it would take forever.  Sometimes people just put up their entire order and hope some other whale is interested in buying it.
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
Long time lurker. Made a wallet around the beginning and thought the CLI was not intuitive at all. But I liked mining these coins for some reason. Decided to check out what was going on last week, and really like the ease of using paymetheus. Figured out that I wasn't going to lose my wallet with the seed and eventually transferred my CLI wallet into paymetheus wallet to finally buy a ticket. Still a bit complicated to setup up the ticket in a stake pool, but its much easier than pure CLI.

What's the easiest way to buy DCR right now? Want to buy some to get more tickets as I can't mine fast enough.
legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
Polo has quite the sell wall , 75btc at 0.0023900.  The price has been going down steadily ever since the release of the pos wallet.  I guess it makes it easier for everyone to stake and sell off.  I guess not that many people have too much faith in the future and are holding their coins.

...and do you think this 75 btc sell wall (put under 250k sats!) looks "natural" to you?
 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Patience is rewarded...

bought XCP counterparty a long time ago and I believed in it... it kept falling and falling...

... and falling ...

And what did I do? I bought more.

I just believed in the technology. But nothing was going on with it... it was just stagnating.

Then suddenly, all the news... Spells of Genesis launched... price skyrocketed....  and the news will just keep coming I believe.

Decred is for now just pure tech. The votes haven't been experimented with yet.

Yet I believe in the tech and just like XCP I will be patient, even for years, and I know I will be rewarded because my intuition has proven me right again and again.

Sooner or later some killer appplication of Decred will come, who knows when. Just like it has for Counterparty.

Maybe I will be the one to develop that killer application!  Or maybe someone else will.

PS: Nice idea by dcrstats about the "hedge fund"! People could even send him BTC and he could stake for them.
If you get 6% / month, you need a stable price. Can you be sure of that ?
Staking the coins means locking them for some time.

Would you like to stake in Bitcoins with let's say 3% monthly interest? We can lend some DCR to you, with higher stakepool fee, of course.

I understand you try to promote your stake pool, but the 75 BTC sell wall advises to be cautious.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

Would you like to stake in Bitcoins with let's say 3% monthly interest? We can lend some DCR to you, with higher stakepool fee, of course.
hi mate just new here in your thread i just wanna learn how to stake dcr and how many coin do i need to earn at least a piece of it with in a day. thanks in advance mate.
Activity: 714
Merit: 529

Hi guys,

I have few questions that I have a hard time to find answers to.

1. what is the current PoS interest % like?

2. what is the minimum-age before staking start?

3. in your experiences, is it better to stake your DCR coins directly in your wallet (like the usual PoS altcoins) or to use a staking pool?

I would say that I'm totally lost when I hear terms like "tickets" associated with PoS. I know that Decred PoS system is different than others alts, but I just want to move my coins out of exchanges and stake them. I find the informations about staking a bit complicated for non-nerds.

thanks if you can enlighten me.

1. ~ 6% per month
2. 20 hours
3. staking pool, because you can just leave it and have no worries at all.
omg WHY does DCR always have to be so hard to just USE? Sad

is there not just somehwere i can just simply mine DCR and throw it into a stake pool quickly and easily? (automatically from mining would be dank but i wont push it)

i have scoured i swear for my solution b4 getting frustrated i  promise !  BAH!

i DONT want to dl the whole wallet/chain for a PUBKEY, why cant i use exchange address if needed like a normal coin? Sad    blarg...

you can mine and send directly to exchange if you want... not a good idea tho.
you just cant stake it directly at exchange and other coins cant stake there too(at least not for you  Roll Eyes)..

what's your point?..

It's not a problem, guys. We can add an option of "hedge fund" to the stakepool.dcrstats.com, where you can send any amount of DCR and start participating in automatic PoS-mining. We will choose the best ticket price and the transaction fee for you, we are pretty good in this Wink

Let me know if you are interested. PM or [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
Hi guys,

I have few questions that I have a hard time to find answers to.

1. what is the current PoS interest % like?

2. what is the minimum-age before staking start?

3. in your experiences, is it better to stake your DCR coins directly in your wallet (like the usual PoS altcoins) or to use a staking pool?

I would say that I'm totally lost when I hear terms like "tickets" associated with PoS. I know that Decred PoS system is different than others alts, but I just want to move my coins out of exchanges and stake them. I find the informations about staking a bit complicated for non-nerds.

thanks if you can enlighten me.
Activity: 350
omg WHY does DCR always have to be so hard to just USE? Sad

is there not just somehwere i can just simply mine DCR and throw it into a stake pool quickly and easily? (automatically from mining would be dank but i wont push it)

i have scoured i swear for my solution b4 getting frustrated i  promise !  BAH!

i DONT want to dl the whole wallet/chain for a PUBKEY, why cant i use exchange address if needed like a normal coin? Sad    blarg...

you can mine and send directly to exchange if you want... not a good idea tho.
you just cant stake it directly at exchange and other coins cant stake there too(at least not for you  Roll Eyes)..

what's your point?..
legendary
Activity: 1981
Merit: 1039
don't want talk in terms of war but Monero is only command line too Grin
Sorry for interrupting your holy war, but is there a list of public nodes of PoW-pools?
I want to check if they are directly connected to the voting wallets.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
"Investors" should be happy to see the fundamentals holding strong and that development pace is doing very well.
The official forum is also quite active and the community keeps growing at a slow & steady rate there.
Daytraders and PnD'ers are probably better off looking elsewhere.  Roll Eyes

If you check active nodes: https://decred.monkeyland.io/online.shtml
There are only 100-115 active peers across the planet.

My two nodes are not listed too
The latest release contains some new GUI as well.
Jump to: