Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 259. (Read 1201327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Let's be honest, the official forum is totally dead. [...]

By all means, I'll agree to disagree. I do respect other people's opinions, and as an investor/holder myself, I will only add that the marketcap-to-price ratio remains overall favorable to someone that is actively staking, given a reasonable average ticket price.

On the node count: I don't know how precise those figures are, as for example my home node is always up and is never listed in either monkeyland or dcrstats. I imagine that the command line does scare away a lot of people from running their own nodes, but I haven't looked closely enough at how other relevant altcoins are doing in that respect.
Activity: 630
Merit: 309
"Investors" should be happy to see the fundamentals holding strong and that development pace is doing very well.
The official forum is also quite active and the community keeps growing at a slow & steady rate there.
Daytraders and PnD'ers are probably better off looking elsewhere.  Roll Eyes

Let's be honest, the official forum is totally dead. There are only 1-2 new messages per day. I agree there was a rush after airdrop, because most of the users wanted to sell their coins.

If you check active nodes: https://decred.monkeyland.io/online.shtml
There are only 100-115 active peers across the planet.

So the truth is that only a hundred geeks use this coin in their terminals, and nobody cares.

Look at market cap, it is increasing, while the dcr price is falling. In February 2017 I will be not surprised to see the price 0.0012 btc ($0.5-$0.7)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010
I think decred the best evolution of bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
omg WHY does DCR always have to be so hard to just USE? Sad

is there not just somehwere i can just simply mine DCR and throw it into a stake pool quickly and easily? (automatically from mining would be dank but i wont push it)

i have scoured i swear for my solution b4 getting frustrated i  promise !  BAH!

i DONT want to dl the whole wallet/chain for a PUBKEY, why cant i use exchange address if needed like a normal coin? Sad    blarg...

The only hard thing is staking because its different. but then again its more profitable too.

For all regular use you can have online wallet and even exchange address.

Decred's pow/pos combination is awesome :

https://wiki.decred.org/Introduction#Meritocratic_Governance

Decentralized governance with ticket voting system.

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

is there not just somehwere i can just simply mine DCR and throw it into a stake pool quickly and easily? (automatically from mining would be dank but i wont push it)

i DONT want to dl the whole wallet/chain for a PUBKEY, why cant i use exchange address if needed like a normal coin? Sad    blarg...

The only hard thing is staking because its different. but then again its more profitable too.

For all regular use you can have online wallet and even exchange address.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

Activity: 700
When next update with DB optimization?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Only the new Database in next release, which would speed up the synchronization time.
A good feature for existing users, but nothing interesting to attract new investors.

"Investors" should be happy to see the fundamentals holding strong and that development pace is doing very well.
The official forum is also quite active and the community keeps growing at a slow & steady rate there.
Daytraders and PnD'ers are probably better off looking elsewhere.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 399
Activity: 630
Merit: 309
They better hope those suppression walls aren't still up when I cash out of my other positions.  Wink That low hanging fruit is mine.

Are we expecting any news soon?

Only the new Database in next release, which would speed up the synchronization time.
A good feature for existing users, but nothing interesting to attract new investors.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
They better hope those suppression walls aren't still up when I cash out of my other positions.  Wink That low hanging fruit is mine.

Are we expecting any news soon?
Activity: 259
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Sooner or later, we will see the rise.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Massive buy wall added on polo
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Price is down like XEM before the pump.
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
Still watching, caution is advised.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Good time to buy a little more DCR Smiley
Activity: 318