Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 257. (Read 1201327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
I am very curious what the impact of having a popular dual miner like Claymore has on the otherwise very small DCR market.  Seems like it would just be an opportunity for people to mine and dump, further driving prices down.  I still believe in the project, and will hold some for the long run.  I made enough staking it early to cover my investment, the rest is a hail mary.

That has been on my mind lately as well. ETH miners can dump at a few satoshis and still profit from DCR as it is basically free for them.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I am very curious what the impact of having a popular dual miner like Claymore has on the otherwise very small DCR market.  Seems like it would just be an opportunity for people to mine and dump, further driving prices down.  I still believe in the project, and will hold some for the long run.  I made enough staking it early to cover my investment, the rest is a hail mary.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Brave move,
last price 0.00202967
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Activity: 374
i bought more DCR :-)
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
It's correcting above 200k again. Good opportunity to buy I guess.
Something tells me that an interesting week is ahead of us.

Sell wall is starting to crumble, we just have to ride this one out! Grin

Have faith!
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
It's correcting above 200k again. Good opportunity to buy I guess.
Something tells me that an interesting week is ahead of us.
legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
Sunday, bloody Sunday......time to buy, i guess. Saw that wall go up the other day and have been quietly hoping I would get a good entry point like this Smiley
what happened to DCR?

I guess the low buy support + the very high interest rate (PoS 4-6% monthly) makes it unsustainable to keep Decred above 200k satoshis. We'll see...
legendary
Activity: 1057
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Sunday, bloody Sunday......time to buy, i guess. Saw that wall go up the other day and have been quietly hoping I would get a good entry point like this Smiley
what happened to DCR?
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
WTF IS HAPPENING?HuhHuhShocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1206
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Sub 200k dip.  Now the real panic begins.  Let's see how it all shakes out.
legendary
Activity: 1981
Merit: 1039
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
legendary
Activity: 1981
Merit: 1039
legendary
Activity: 1111
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
This great coin is now entering the despair phase...
Strategy to make the weak hands sell has started : that sell wall, the replies made to remove hope ( the "oh its not fud, it's the reality" - style of replies).

It will take patience and nerves of steel during this phase,  but sooner or later, this hq tech will get its right valuation.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
The market cap is great, no ico? Wonderful project if no ico. Reliable dev team. Hold.

no ico or premine but devs do get a hefty slice of the pie. dyor
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
The market cap is great, no ico? Wonderful project if no ico. Reliable dev team. Hold.
Activity: 259
It sounds ridiculous,probably even to yourself.
You say it is a common case to put a sell order with amount of three times of a daily volume, right ?

No it doesn't, I have enough market experience...
I'm not saying it's common, but it does happen.  If you're thinking that it's being used for manipulation then that would be pretty foolish on the seller's part.  There are many people on the exchange that could take that wall away from him and call the bluff.  75btc isn't that much in the grand scheme of things and "fake" walls only stay up only for short amounts of time to minimize risk.  It's still there...

Yes, still there.
Just my stupid scenario : (1) open limit sell order with three days volume for a young coin (2) start the panic, sell-off begins, buy cheap coins (3) if people buy in your sell wall, no worries, you have three days volume there, and you are selling coins you bought cheap (or get for free in premine) anyway (4) take your reward to Bahamas Smiley
Jump to: