Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 256. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Ok, guys, I know this answer is buried somewhere, but I can't seem to find it:

When I buy a ticket, what is the reward? Do I get my ticket money back plus X amount or do I have to hope that when I "win", it is more than what I paid for?

At dcrstats.com for example, what is the the PoS reward at the moment?

I feel kinda stupid for not figuring it out myself, but well…

Right now, the reward is 1.6944/ticket vote, in a nutshell: When ticket votes you get the price you paid it+reward. If ticket expires or missed you get the price you payed but not reward. But in any case, your funds are always in your hands. When you buy ticket the amount you pay is locked until ticket vote or expire, but funds are all time in your hands.

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
I am very curious what the impact of having a popular dual miner like Claymore has on the otherwise very small DCR market.  Seems like it would just be an opportunity for people to mine and dump, further driving prices down.  I still believe in the project, and will hold some for the long run.  I made enough staking it early to cover my investment, the rest is a hail mary.

That has been on my mind lately as well. ETH miners can dump at a few satoshis and still profit from DCR as it is basically free for them.
nothing is free, i dont know how claymore works but i'm sure it isnt creating hashpower, therefore if you mine only ETH you will mine more ETH and if use claymore is because you want them both(not "free" like you said).

It is free DCR according to:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925

- Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.

I wouldn't mind some sort of fork to prevent this....

It's not free at all.  Using Claymore to dual mine decred comes at a substantial power use increase.  While it's true: you get the extra dcr hash rate with little/no expense to your eth hash rate, dual mining costs extra power.  For a long time now, dual mining dcr hasn't really added any profit to my rig (6x 390x).  Just thought I'd point this out and set people straight Cheesy

Edit: I also mine dcr with my nvidia rig, and I'm staking every dcr i have and managed to buy a few during the dip. Cheesy So no, not everyone dual mining is just dumping dcr for "profit".
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
I am very curious what the impact of having a popular dual miner like Claymore has on the otherwise very small DCR market.  Seems like it would just be an opportunity for people to mine and dump, further driving prices down.  I still believe in the project, and will hold some for the long run.  I made enough staking it early to cover my investment, the rest is a hail mary.

That has been on my mind lately as well. ETH miners can dump at a few satoshis and still profit from DCR as it is basically free for them.
nothing is free, i dont know how claymore works but i'm sure it isnt creating hashpower, therefore if you mine only ETH you will mine more ETH and if use claymore is because you want them both(not "free" like you said).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925

- Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.

That would be illogical... it's free exposure for the DCR project and aids in distribution.  You're assuming that everyone using the miner is dumping every DCR they mine.  I'm sure the miner has brought new faces to the project.

good point about new faces but still a double edge sword IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

That would be illogical... it's free exposure for the DCR project and aids in distribution.  You're assuming that everyone using the miner is dumping every DCR they mine.  I'm sure the miner has brought new faces to the project.
legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Ok, guys, I know this answer is buried somewhere, but I can't seem to find it:

When I buy a ticket, what is the reward? Do I get my ticket money back plus X amount or do I have to hope that when I "win", it is more than what I paid for?

At dcrstats.com for example, what is the the PoS reward at the moment?

I feel kinda stupid for not figuring it out myself, but well…
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

@topic
still not the reason for this dump tho... to me sounds like manipulation. big orders were filled at 200k and then the after that the big sell order  was gone.
That's what i call market manipulation

What makes you say that ?

Yesterdays fake sell-wall. I also bought little more on drop.

But that comment doesn't mean i don't believe in Decred, tech is great and devs are very motivated to improve it.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

What makes you say that ?
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
A picture is worth a thousand words. DCR is going to overtake LTC soon.

Just FYI: trade volume of LTC is 2325 BTC on btc-e.com
But I get your point - volume is more important than price in a way, because volume signals interest.
However we need to see if that trade volume is maintained over many days... that it wasn't just one instance of a huge sell off
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

That isn`t a miracle when you compare DCR with a rock..

1st you are comparing DCR to shitcoin
2nd you are doing it on the wrong exchange, LTC marketmaker is different
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

That isn`t a miracle when you compare DCR with a rock..
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI

Activity: 622
Merit: 251
love coins
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Getting very close to my 10k goal.  Thanks guys
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
At least there is some kind of movement and more people showing interest here. I also bought a few more and put some more orders.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
its not a "single" miner which can put 75 BTC sale orders... in DCR Wink
legendary
its not related to claymore at all... income is already under the price of electricity

Wouldn't claymore miners profit even more from that? less hash from DCR-exclusive miners....
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
its not related to claymore at all... income is already under the price of electricity
Jump to: