Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 255. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
No panic, weak hands sold, 4 BTC buy orders at 200k
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Panic started!

Nice!

+1, I'm in this for the long haul. We all know $4mm cap is a total joke for a coin like DCR. Would love to average down more.  Bring it on.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
You guys are just making assumptions that miners are dumping the DCR they receive from the dual miner.  As someone else stated, it increases the amount of electricity used by your gpus to mine both eth and dcr at the same time. 

It's not like it's "free DCR".  Most serious miners are very conscious about their power draw. 

This is simply a bear trap.  If you read the forums, the tentative deadline for the new database integration is Sept. 25 (I believe).  This new database structure will bring several new capabilities to the DCR blockchain.

Not the best time to sell, unless you like selling bottom (for a loss). Happy trading
nice knowing about this so its just someone who's trying to make some shake best time to buy some cheap dcr and wait for that announcement till then mate thanks again.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1274
You guys are just making assumptions that miners are dumping the DCR they receive from the dual miner.  As someone else stated, it increases the amount of electricity used by your gpus to mine both eth and dcr at the same time. 

It's not like it's "free DCR".  Most serious miners are very conscious about their power draw. 

This is simply a bear trap.  If you read the forums, the tentative deadline for the new database integration is Sept. 25 (I believe).  This new database structure will bring several new capabilities to the DCR blockchain.

Not the best time to sell, unless you like selling bottom (for a loss). Happy trading
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Panic started!

Nope, normal trading as usual it's just that the demand is too low while most miners are consistently dumping their own dcr.
Activity: 517
Merit: 257
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I am very curious what the impact of having a popular dual miner like Claymore has on the otherwise very small DCR market.  Seems like it would just be an opportunity for people to mine and dump, further driving prices down.  I still believe in the project, and will hold some for the long run.  I made enough staking it early to cover my investment, the rest is a hail mary.

That has been on my mind lately as well. ETH miners can dump at a few satoshis and still profit from DCR as it is basically free for them.
nothing is free, i dont know how claymore works but i'm sure it isnt creating hashpower, therefore if you mine only ETH you will mine more ETH and if use claymore is because you want them both(not "free" like you said).

It is free DCR according to:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925

- Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.

I wouldn't mind some sort of fork to prevent this....

That would be illogical... it's free exposure for the DCR project and aids in distribution.  You're assuming that everyone using the miner is dumping every DCR they mine.  I'm sure the miner has brought new faces to the project.

Impossible to overlook the fact that majority of ETH dual miners just dump decred as they mine though.

It makes sense to me. If they don't really care about DCR then why not just dump it to help offset their daily ETH mining cost. I'll buy a few thousand if we see $0.50 per DCR  Wink
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
I am very curious what the impact of having a popular dual miner like Claymore has on the otherwise very small DCR market.  Seems like it would just be an opportunity for people to mine and dump, further driving prices down.  I still believe in the project, and will hold some for the long run.  I made enough staking it early to cover my investment, the rest is a hail mary.

That has been on my mind lately as well. ETH miners can dump at a few satoshis and still profit from DCR as it is basically free for them.
nothing is free, i dont know how claymore works but i'm sure it isnt creating hashpower, therefore if you mine only ETH you will mine more ETH and if use claymore is because you want them both(not "free" like you said).

It is free DCR according to:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925

- Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.

I wouldn't mind some sort of fork to prevent this....

That would be illogical... it's free exposure for the DCR project and aids in distribution.  You're assuming that everyone using the miner is dumping every DCR they mine.  I'm sure the miner has brought new faces to the project.

Impossible to overlook the fact that majority of ETH dual miners just dump decred as they mine though.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010
427,631 DCR (51%) of Airdrop coins were never spent. 1513 address from Airdrop have 0 transactions.
Only 1458 airdrop participants moved / spent their coins.

Tnx for this info ... I think decred have more and more power for long term success .. Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
427,631 DCR (51%) of Airdrop coins were never spent. 1513 address from Airdrop have 0 transactions.
Only 1458 airdrop participants moved / spent their coins.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have created an app for Android - Decred Widgets. It would be great to be included in the first post under "User Projects"!

Simply install the app and the widgets will become available for you to place on your homescreen.

The widgets update every 30 minutes, or you can press on them to update them on demand. Battery and storage consumption are both kept to an absolute minimum.

Download it from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamieholdstock.dcrwidgets

Great widget, thanks !
Activity: 350
the is no reason for price go for 50cents, soon price will go up for 2.5/3$

yeah, no reason for 50cents but no reason to go up too... the charts doesnt look good right now.
i'm still a believer, buying and holding for the long term.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
the is no reason for price go for 50cents, soon price will go up for 2.5/3$
Activity: 1239
Merit: 562
Why Price so low and still go down?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
How
       l
         o
           w
              will
                   we
                        go, fellas?  Accumulation mode has been activated.  Hoping I didn't activate too early...... Undecided

From the looks of it DCR will go down further, my target price is 50 cents.
legendary
Activity: 1206
How
       l
         o
           w
              will
                   we
                        go, fellas?  Accumulation mode has been activated.  Hoping I didn't activate too early...... Undecided

Activity: 399
I have created an app for Android - Decred Widgets. It would be great to be included in the first post under "User Projects"!

Simply install the app and the widgets will become available for you to place on your homescreen.

The widgets update every 30 minutes, or you can press on them to update them on demand. Battery and storage consumption are both kept to an absolute minimum.

Download it from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamieholdstock.dcrwidgets

I like it !
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Ok, guys, I know this answer is buried somewhere, but I can't seem to find it:

When I buy a ticket, what is the reward? Do I get my ticket money back plus X amount or do I have to hope that when I "win", it is more than what I paid for?

At dcrstats.com for example, what is the the PoS reward at the moment?

I feel kinda stupid for not figuring it out myself, but well…

Right now, the reward is 1.6944/ticket vote, in a nutshell: When ticket votes you get the price you paid it+reward. If ticket expires or missed you get the price you payed but not reward. But in any case, your funds are always in your hands. When you buy ticket the amount you pay is locked until ticket vote or expire, but funds are all time in your hands.

Alright, gotcha Smiley

Thanks!

Maybe I should try it. I don't see myself selling my stash anytime soon…
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Actually, only Pascal cards are positive (maybe the RX 4xx as well, but not so sure, they suck power too, a RX 470 is like a 970)

200W per day has a price, which is more than DCR incomes... http://yiimp.ccminer.org/bench/algo?algo=decred

If you think its Claymore (or any cuda/opencl miner), its wrong... FPGAs in an industrial quantity maybe.. (These chips cost each the price of a GPU so i dont think so)

Actually, only Stake "miners" have no costs, i suggest to look in this direction Wink
Jump to: