Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 324. (Read 1201327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
slow but sustained progress will bring us fortune.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010
 Wink Yes @_ingsoc .... I fully share your point of view ... it is like saying you prefer the egg today or a chicken tomorrow ? I prefer the chicken tomorrow  Cool
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
Inflation and no marketing/Promotion is killing decred.
Simple.

Maybe this coin will be pumped sometimes, but price will not encrease as stated.
Team is not working properly.

Just wait zcash within a couple of months,and decred is going to die.
Team need to recover price immediatelly,coming out with innovative news, not a GUI wallet.
A GUI wallet is not a news!

The strategy is very simple. Let's look at the strengths and the weaknesses that have emerged. I know this is anecdotal, and mostly based on observation, but the Decred software right now is only really accessible through a command-line interface (CLI) and that makes expansion in terms of users hard. The modular design gives it a lot of flexibility, but that also means it's not a simple CLI - you've got dcrd, dcrwallet, and dcrctl. If you don't know your way around the command-line, it is going to be a battle. Nobody denies that, and you certainly won't hear the devs tell you it's your problem. You're essentially opening up an engine and working with it directly and you don't get to experience it yet. So there is a reason the UX overhaul with Paymetheus is RFP-1.

There's a reason folks like Dyrk have created excellent interfaces to showcase the Decred network as a visualisation - hell, he did that before he was awarded RFP-3, so we'll have two real-time statistical overviews of the network. That goes hand-in-hand with the work done by Shadowlance, David, and zkott - they are making documentation accessible to users that do want to open up the engine and see what's going on and how to interact with it. That is what everyone is doing. We're all working on the different kinks in the machinery. But it's still machinery.

The worst thing Decred could do right now is bring a ton of hype to something few people can use. The original exposure brought smart people who have been tinkering all this time and continue to do so. These are the ones that see the bigger picture and aren't just here to make a quick buck. It's the reason the c0/dev bring-up DCR was locked away from trade for 12-24 months. I don't know if you've seen this, but recently a tweet went out that reads: "A little over two months in. 242 pull requests of code merged and 113 issues fixed across 30 open-source #Decred repositories since launch!". That's a lot of development in a short amount of time.

You would be silly to think things will always be quiet, but there is no point in making a lot of noise if the engine is still being tuned. A bunch of stake pool operators will be coming online as well - many of them have graduated from the first milestone on testnet. Truly talented and patient people who really deserve medals. That means Decred takes another small step toward accessibility. People can then start spreading their votes across multiple stake pools in multiple geolocations. When all of the stake pools go online, there will be enough infrastructure to attract plenty of voters. Imagine the implications of that. One step closer to decentralised voting so we can smooth fork our chain and make decisions as users with technology. We get to tap into the power of collective decision-making. Without even knowing each other (and associated biases), we get to decide on important issues together and successfully reach an outcome. That's something you can make noise about that even outsiders who don't understand the first thing about cryptocurrency would understand - and understand the potential of that.

For now, we're building and tuning an engine. It's not for the faint of heart, but we continue to build so that one day they will see there was nothing to be scared of to begin with. The journey is full of bumps, but that's part of the fun when you know where you want to go.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
Simple.

Maybe this coin will be pumped sometimes, but price will not encrease as stated.

Team need to recover price immediatelly,coming out with innovative news, not a GUI wallet.
Posts and people like you are killing Decred.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Focus on the future!
DCR is good! Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Don't worry, there is more than GUI to be released. This is just a shakeout to ban the weak hands. Remember Ethereum in october and after.
Activity: 882
Simple.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
The biggest mistake DECRED made was the high inflation. Everything else about it, made it a coin that was similar too but superior to BTC.

If this coin is worth more than $0.25 each in a years time that would be a huge achievement by the devs with these settings.  

Decred team is fenomenal,dozen of people working for free. They deliver every day new stuff on code.
Decred could reach 0.1 within 2 months for sure.

Lol. Decred has 180% inflation in the first year. Do you know what that means? To sustain even the $2.5 million valuation they have now, they need $12 500 in net new demand every single day, they barely do that in volume. Decred might get a pump after it's added to Poloniex but then it will become worthless for circa 2 years.

It's not quite 2 months but you can see from the price action, DCR isn't being dumped but is constantly declining due to huge inflation despite decent volume and support.

It's a great coin and a great team but apart from news sikes, example Poloniex, it will be constantly declining for the foreseeable future.

this gets thrown around in almost every coin thread.. inflation/daily demand is a weak argument, mining also accounts as demand, it is investment after all, not every mined coin is being auto-dumped.... some miners are also market makers.

And? People also buy the coin. It has to be distributed somehow, and unless you have a better idea, this is what we've got. If a coin is to succeed, it is to succeed on its merits - that's not to say luck and shit doesn't influence it, but it's probably not the deciding factor. If a coin fails, you can't just point the finger at "those damned miners dumping!" That simply shifts the focus away from the fact people didn't want to BUY your coin because YOU did not create demand and interest.

eh.. chill wolf.... all I'm saying is that people will always complain about the same stuff, miner dumps, etc and that these miners are an integral part of the economy. It was a reply mostly to the guy he was quoting... not hating on miners or anything... go ahead and read it again if you want.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
as long as miners see profit to dump, dumping will continue ... when decred shoots up dumpers will kick themselves or when decred goes down they will be glad dumping earlier.

anyway, always remember..we speculate and we always have a choice..do your research/homework  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
After all miners can keep or sell their coins, dump them. It is not only the factor to control the price.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
The biggest mistake DECRED made was the high inflation. Everything else about it, made it a coin that was similar too but superior to BTC.

If this coin is worth more than $0.25 each in a years time that would be a huge achievement by the devs with these settings.  

Decred team is fenomenal,dozen of people working for free. They deliver every day new stuff on code.

Lol. Decred has 180% inflation in the first year. Do you know what that means? To sustain even the $2.5 million valuation they have now, they need $12 500 in net new demand every single day, they barely do that in volume. Decred might get a pump after it's added to Poloniex but then it will become worthless for circa 2 years.

It's not quite 2 months but you can see from the price action, DCR isn't being dumped but is constantly declining due to huge inflation despite decent volume and support.

It's a great coin and a great team but apart from news sikes, example Poloniex, it will be constantly declining for the foreseeable future.

this gets thrown around in almost every coin thread.. inflation/daily demand is a weak argument, mining also accounts as demand, it is investment after all, not every mined coin is being auto-dumped.... some miners are also market makers.

legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

Activity: 452
Merit: 251
what is the meaning of this project name ?
DECRED ?

~CfA~

Hey CfA, it's mostly a made-up (invented) word. It'll likely carry whichever meaning users assign to it (decentralised credits is one such descriptor).
Activity: 602
I have a generic cgminer question.  Is there any reason to stop and restart it every so often, or can it just continue to run indefinitely?  I've been mining DCR for a while now and I tend to restart it when I see my hashrate drop for over a day or so, but the drop may just be due to luck.  I'm just not sure if its good practice to restart it regularly.

I haven't been restarting for 2 weeks. I only restart if it has an error.
There is no drop of hashpeed. It's constant even after 2 weeks.

Thanks 1337leet.  I guess I'll just let it run and not worry about it other than if I see some errors.

You can try CGWatcher for monitoring cgminer, it should work with the decred fork.
Merit: 520
DECRED ?

~CfA~

I think somewhere in the OP or somewhere else is states that DECRED is for Decentralized Credits.  Not sure if you were looking for more detail than that.

Thank u

~CfA~
Activity: 464
Merit: 260
DECRED ?

~CfA~

I think somewhere in the OP or somewhere else is states that DECRED is for Decentralized Credits.  Not sure if you were looking for more detail than that.
Activity: 464
Merit: 260
I have a generic cgminer question.  Is there any reason to stop and restart it every so often, or can it just continue to run indefinitely?  I've been mining DCR for a while now and I tend to restart it when I see my hashrate drop for over a day or so, but the drop may just be due to luck.  I'm just not sure if its good practice to restart it regularly.

Thanks 1337leet.  I guess I'll just let it run and not worry about it other than if I see some errors.
Merit: 520
DECRED ?

~CfA~
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

edit:
Has the suprnva dcr pool always had:
Pool Workers: 1396    ?

No. It was 750 - 950 a week ago.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

Jump to: