Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 325. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 464
Merit: 260
I have a generic cgminer question.  Is there any reason to stop and restart it every so often, or can it just continue to run indefinitely?  I've been mining DCR for a while now and I tend to restart it when I see my hashrate drop for over a day or so, but the drop may just be due to luck.  I'm just not sure if its good practice to restart it regularly.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
Im getting around 6 Mh/s "extra" due to the new DUALminer.
The decred network must have noticed ETH miners now contributing to the DCR-nethash.

Ofcourse there will be more selling of coins. But that is the game, it also brings up volume.

AND

Dont forget all the free advertising DCR now gets.
Take me as an example. I've now mentioned DCR 3-4 "places" today. Due to the dualminer..

edit:
Has the suprnva dcr pool always had:
Pool Workers: 1396    ?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I'm a small miner. I currently mine ETH & Decred. I keep 50% of what I mine and sell 50% as a hedge and to buy mining equipment. Right now I mine just a little decred because there's no gui wallet/staking.  When there is one in the near future I'll mine more.  Since it is a stake coin I'll hold 75% & sell 25% after a non-cmd line gui is released.

I'm installing the dual miner to see how it does. Mining a little more decred won't cause me to change how I currently buy & sell.  But those that have no interest in eth might just sell their eth to buy more decred.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The same should hold true for ETH, right?
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
CTO/Spokesman
Let us see if the dual miner will bring some of the ETH love to Decred as more Ethereum miners will learn about DCR... Cheesy

But the Ether miners might dump the DRC they mine and that could cause the price to go lower too.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
This price doesn't even cover the energy bill for mining - that means all the miners move to another coin which means DCR will die slowly
Maybe you shouldn't be mining if you pay >$0.30/kWh  Roll Eyes  Go troll elsewhere
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Let us see if the dual miner will bring some of the ETH love to Decred as more Ethereum miners will learn about DCR... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
@Emilio, you're right.
But try to analyze market.

People are NOT buying decred. That's why price is dropping crazy.
Even those trolls who just say "i will buy more and more at 0.004-0.005"
They are not buying. Market tell us this. Not trolls.
Market and volume.

Maybe i'm wrong. But now market just say that noone is buying decred, and sell pressure is major then buy pressure.

Why? Dunno, maybe the release of a GUI wallet is not  a kind of update that investors will say "wooow a gui wallet". That's why people are not buyng maybe. There isn't an update that makes people buy now cause is innovative.

Just talking...

THE PANAMA PAPERS  made a good job!
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000
Peaky Blinder
Hi
I have CGminer v. 3.7.2 is there newer version?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
@skunk:
I had some error while trying to get tickets just now as well. Others had reported similar issues in the Decred forum, and I just followed the sequence that seems to have fixed it for everyone else:
 - upgrade to 0.0.10
 - recreate wallet from seed
 - consolidate balance

This worked for me. Should you have any trouble with these steps, you'll probably find better/expanded instructions in the Decred forum.
Good luck!
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Code:
$ ./dcrctl --wallet getstakeinfo
{
  "poolsize": 42206,
  "difficulty": 6.96360923,
  "allmempooltix": 1604,
  "ownmempooltix": 1,
  "immature": 2,
  "live": 36,
  "proportionlive": 0.0008529592948869829,
  "voted": 45,
  "totalsubsidy": 82.93624832,
  "missed": 4,
  "proportionmissed": 0.08163265306122448,
  "revoked": 1
}
$ ./dcrctl --wallet getinfo
{
  "version": 900,
  "protocolversion": 1,
  "walletversion": 5,
  "balance": 10.46854288,
  "blocks": 18900,
  "timeoffset": 0,
  "connections": 8,
  "proxy": "",
  "difficulty": 339428.10050576,
  "testnet": false,
  "keypoololdest": 1460536404,
  "keypoolsize": 0,
  "unlocked_until": 0,
  "paytxfee": 0.05,
  "relayfee": 0.001,
  "errors": ""
}
$ ps ax|grep dcr
 3908 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --colour=auto dcr
19553 pts/3    Sl+   72:04 ./dcrd
19709 pts/4    Sl+    1:09 ./dcrwallet --enablestakemining --ticketmaxprice=20
please, could some explain me why the wallet doesn't purchase another ticket now that the price is low enough?
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
@Emilio, you're right.

Market and volume.

Maybe i'm wrong. But now market just say that noone is buying decred, and sell pressure is major then buy pressure.

Why? Dunno, maybe the release of a GUI wallet is not  a kind of update that investors will say "wooow a gui wallet". That's why people are not buyng maybe. There isn't an update that makes people buy now cause is innovative.

Just talking...

You must not realize how crazy that sounds. People are not buying? Wrong! Every time someone sells some coins, THERE IS a buyer. Just because people stopped market buying doesn't mean anything, value deflates yes, it does. Shit look at how stocks go up and down all the damn time. Learn patience...the rewards will benefit you in life young man.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
So I tried the 1.5% fee miner posted a couple pages back.  On my 980TI (using exact same config), it was about 1.2% faster than SP mod #7.  

What really shocked me was seeing the stratum difficulty actually change while mining on Suprnova.  It started at 1, then went to 2, then 4 then 8.  When it switched from "fee mining" to my personal mining the stratum difficulty reset to 1 but then never increased.  I've tried creating new miners and I can't get the difficulty to go above 1.  Whether I mine with the 980 at 3.2GH or pair with a 750TI for a total close to 3.9GH the difficulty never changes.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my stuck stratum difficulty?

try with this new optimized miner  http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2016/04/11/new-ccminer-1-7-1-fork-by-alexs78-with-improved-vcash-and-decred-performance/
For a long time there ccminer-rel1.7.5-blake2s-x64

with improved decred and vcash performance?

here's another article about this release yesterday: http://cryptomining-blog.com/7718-new-ccminer-1-7-1-fork-by-alexs78-with-improved-vcash-and-decred-performance/
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
So I tried the 1.5% fee miner posted a couple pages back.  On my 980TI (using exact same config), it was about 1.2% faster than SP mod #7.  

What really shocked me was seeing the stratum difficulty actually change while mining on Suprnova.  It started at 1, then went to 2, then 4 then 8.  When it switched from "fee mining" to my personal mining the stratum difficulty reset to 1 but then never increased.  I've tried creating new miners and I can't get the difficulty to go above 1.  Whether I mine with the 980 at 3.2GH or pair with a 750TI for a total close to 3.9GH the difficulty never changes.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my stuck stratum difficulty?

try with this new optimized miner  http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2016/04/11/new-ccminer-1-7-1-fork-by-alexs78-with-improved-vcash-and-decred-performance/
For a long time there ccminer-rel1.7.5-blake2s-x64
legendary
#mitandopelomundo

What really shocked me was seeing the stratum difficulty actually change while mining on Suprnova.  It started at 1, then went to 2, then 4 then 8.  When it switched from "fee mining" to my personal mining the stratum difficulty reset to 1 but then never increased.  I've tried creating new miners and I can't get the difficulty to go above 1.  Whether I mine with the 980 at 3.2GH or pair with a 750TI for a total close to 3.9GH the difficulty never changes.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my stuck stratum difficulty?

try with this new optimized miner  http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2016/04/11/new-ccminer-1-7-1-fork-by-alexs78-with-improved-vcash-and-decred-performance/
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
i cant imagine when btc halves reward ,, dcr 1 sat..

1 sat? I do not think the entire marketcap for this coin will sink to 0.21 BTC. Of course, it could get to the point where no one is mining the coin, and the block chain is frozen. However, people who wanted to dump will then resort to mining the coin just to move their coins to dump. I suspect this coin has too many bag holders right now for it to ever go that low. At least not for quite a few months.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

I think most people are anticpating just that, went btc halves the price will soar and the alts will crash so everyone is getting out while the getting is good.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
c'mon...
decred is on the first page of bittrex since the first day it was released.
you know that all major altcoins were dumped by the whales in that sunday bloody sunday.

Yeah but there's much less activity than before mate...for now...
legendary
#mitandopelomundo
@Emilio, you're right.

Market and volume.

Just talking...

c'mon...
decred is on the first page of bittrex since the first day it was released.
you know that all major altcoins were dumped by the whales in that sunday bloody sunday.
Jump to: