Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 320. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515
Has the GUI wallet been released? the cmd wallet is too hard to use.

It's already released on testnet, so  I reckon it should be coming very soon.
I hope it support staking ,then i'll withdraw my dcr from bittrex to local wallet.

You can already start staking now (although I don't recommend buying tickets right now, the price is at an all-time high ... dcrstats.com gives you an idea when is a good time to buy: price will drop), there's a good guide on the Decred Forum. Don't let the command-line scare you, it isn't as complicated as it seems. Go to the PoS part of the Decred Forum, someone even made .bat files that you can run, you just edit a few things... but if you really don't want to do this (keep in mind solo mining requires you to have wallet on 24/7), then I would at least invite you to use the Decred web wallet instead of keeping your DCR on an exchange. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but you never know... an exchange can get hacked, it happened before as you know. Also, you might prefer to mine with stake pools (they're coming out soon too) - which will not require your computer/wallet to be on 24/7.

Decred seems interesting - can you elaborate more on what are the tickets?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Lets see ,when i get some BTC on my wallet mulibet now i have,and do it backup,and withdraw my btc to another wallet and then restore my backup so i will be have the btc before i withdraw?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
when i type >dcrwallet /u xxxx,i encounter this:

17:11:47 2016-04-20 [INF] DCRW: Legacy RPC server disabled (requires username an
d password)
17:11:47 2016-04-20 [ERR] DCRW: Unable to create RPC servers: no suitable RPC se
rvices can be started

dcrd is running.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
when will GUI staking wallet come for Windows?

i dont want to do CLI.

Soon I hope

I'm missing out with my coins just collecting dust. Need that ASAP.........

You might learn something new if you try using CLI. There are good guides on the DCR forum.
Activity: 567
Merit: 503

i dont want to do CLI.

Soon I hope

Yeah, if it was a PoS minting it would have been very easy for the average user.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

i dont want to do CLI.

Soon I hope

Activity: 458
Merit: 102

i dont want to do CLI.

Soon I hope
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos

i dont want to do CLI.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

I hope it support staking ,then i'll withdraw my dcr from bittrex to local wallet.

You can already start staking now (although I don't recommend buying tickets right now, the price is at an all-time high ... dcrstats.com gives you an idea when is a good time to buy: price will drop), there's a good guide on the Decred Forum. Don't let the command-line scare you, it isn't as complicated as it seems. Go to the PoS part of the Decred Forum, someone even made .bat files that you can run, you just edit a few things... but if you really don't want to do this (keep in mind solo mining requires you to have wallet on 24/7), then I would at least invite you to use the Decred web wallet instead of keeping your DCR on an exchange. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but you never know... an exchange can get hacked, it happened before as you know. Also, you might prefer to mine with stake pools (they're coming out soon too) - which will not require your computer/wallet to be on 24/7.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
The biggest mistake DECRED made was the high inflation. Everything else about it, made it a coin that was similar too but superior to BTC.

If this coin is worth more than $0.25 each in a years time that would be a huge achievement by the devs with these settings.  

Decred team is fenomenal,dozen of people working for free. They deliver every day new stuff on code.
Decred could reach 0.1 within 2 months for sure.

Lol. Decred has 180% inflation in the first year. Do you know what that means? To sustain even the $2.5 million valuation they have now, they need $12 500 in net new demand every single day, they barely do that in volume. Decred might get a pump after it's added to Poloniex but then it will become worthless for circa 2 years.

It's not quite 2 months but you can see from the price action, DCR isn't being dumped but is constantly declining due to huge inflation despite decent volume and support.

It's a great coin and a great team but apart from news sikes, example Poloniex, it will be constantly declining for the foreseeable future.

this gets thrown around in almost every coin thread.. inflation/daily demand is a weak argument, mining also accounts as demand, it is investment after all, not every mined coin is being auto-dumped.... some miners are also market makers.

And? People also buy the coin. It has to be distributed somehow, and unless you have a better idea, this is what we've got. If a coin is to succeed, it is to succeed on its merits - that's not to say luck and shit doesn't influence it, but it's probably not the deciding factor. If a coin fails, you can't just point the finger at "those damned miners dumping!" That simply shifts the focus away from the fact people didn't want to BUY your coin because YOU did not create demand and interest.

eh.. chill wolf.... all I'm saying is that people will always complain about the same stuff, miner dumps, etc and that these miners are an integral part of the economy. It was a reply mostly to the guy he was quoting... not hating on miners or anything... go ahead and read it again if you want.

Oh - my bad, I think I misinterpreted it.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

Activity: 386
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Hello guys I have a wallet from here : https://wallet.decred.org/#/
and when I try to put my wallet addres in the mining pool Payment Address I got that :
Did some1 have the same problem?

Probably you are using a testnet address (Ts).
You need to use a main net address (Ds).
Activity: 329
while dcrd update was successful, dcrwallet update fails:
Code:
$ go get -u -v github.com/decred/dcrwallet/...

This fails because grpc was updated. Have a look at pull request 189. That's going to be merged in a few minutes which will fix the issue for you.
it works now, thank you!
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
The biggest mistake DECRED made was the high inflation. Everything else about it, made it a coin that was similar too but superior to BTC.

If this coin is worth more than $0.25 each in a years time that would be a huge achievement by the devs with these settings.  

Decred team is fenomenal,dozen of people working for free. They deliver every day new stuff on code.
Decred could reach 0.1 within 2 months for sure.

Lol. Decred has 180% inflation in the first year. Do you know what that means? To sustain even the $2.5 million valuation they have now, they need $12 500 in net new demand every single day, they barely do that in volume. Decred might get a pump after it's added to Poloniex but then it will become worthless for circa 2 years.

It's not quite 2 months but you can see from the price action, DCR isn't being dumped but is constantly declining due to huge inflation despite decent volume and support.

It's a great coin and a great team but apart from news sikes, example Poloniex, it will be constantly declining for the foreseeable future.

this gets thrown around in almost every coin thread.. inflation/daily demand is a weak argument, mining also accounts as demand, it is investment after all, not every mined coin is being auto-dumped.... some miners are also market makers.

And? People also buy the coin. It has to be distributed somehow, and unless you have a better idea, this is what we've got. If a coin is to succeed, it is to succeed on its merits - that's not to say luck and shit doesn't influence it, but it's probably not the deciding factor. If a coin fails, you can't just point the finger at "those damned miners dumping!" That simply shifts the focus away from the fact people didn't want to BUY your coin because YOU did not create demand and interest.
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
while dcrd update was successful, dcrwallet update fails:
Code:
$ go get -u -v github.com/decred/dcrwallet/...

This fails because grpc was updated. Have a look at pull request 189. That's going to be merged in a few minutes which will fix the issue for you.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
yeah i also recommend supernova for the pool. but its better to buy than to mine the coin.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
Supernova is good pool now, stratum working correct
Jump to: