Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 346. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I couldn't mine with cgminer. can anyone show instruction with picture and command lines.

1. Download cgminer 3.7.2 for your OS.

Mine is Windows 7 so I'll explain for Windows 7.

2. You extract the zip file

3. You create a text document (right click, create new Textdocument) in the folder of the cgminer.exe

4. Call it Start.bat - you need to be sure there is no .txt at the end of the file. It must be Start.bat and not Start.bat.txt

5. Right click on Start.bat --> Edit

6. The file opens and you can type in:   cgminer --blake256 -I 10 -o http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -u YouAccountName.Workername -p Password --vectors 1 --no-submit-stale --gpu-threads 1 --scan-time 2 --queue 2

7. Click save

8. Close the textfield and double click Start.bat - your miner should start now.

You need an account on the suprnova pool and you need to create a worker in your account with password.

This will only work for Windows!

I couldn't mine at all. Anyone can help me?

Long-polling error:
http://uploads.im/AYq4k.png

Big community but no one can help me!
I am wonder how you guys are mining this coin while there is a problem from pools and networks not from me.

Honestly it looks like you're using the wrong miner.

Hay wolf, whats the current fastest ATI miner for Dcred?

Probably mine; failing that, what's on the DCR cgminer repo.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I would doubt ztex fpgas are the source of any sort of spike in hash rate.  They only perform at the hash rate of a smaller gpu.

At least on Suprnova's getwork Ports I see a Spike of about 250 gh/s since the release Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
My, I was observing the recent explosion in XCP price, Poloniex has crazy velocity and trade volume, Bittrex trading is peanuts compared... once/if DCR hits Poloniex, the trade volume is going through the roof.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I would doubt ztex fpgas are the source of any sort of spike in hash rate.  They only perform at the hash rate of a smaller gpu.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
iam guessing some eth miners have moved to Dcr. Sudden jump in global hash rate.

FPGA's are mining this now
I need to get my hands on some but have no idea of any that aren't so old that you can't find them anymore. I was literally about to buy like 3-4 GPUs today but now I'm unsure of what to do.  Huh

Wait until I get the big gun I just discovered I have online. It's gonna be biblical Cheesy

I hope it is an optimization to GPUs that make it competitive enough for FPGAs

Nope! A board I have had for a long while that I haven't investigated. 8 quite awesome chips on board...

What kind of board?
legendary
iam guessing some eth miners have moved to Dcr. Sudden jump in global hash rate.

@ocminer - do you know of any bitstreams for the Cairnsmore 1 units?

Not yet - IIRC it was not hard to "convert" the bitstream from ZTEX to CM1's (just some difference with the USB driver ..) but i've sold all my CM1's long time ago and haven't got the possibility to test/develop anything for them anymore.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

I need to get my hands on some but have no idea of any that aren't so old that you can't find them anymore. I was literally about to buy like 3-4 GPUs today but now I'm unsure of what to do.  Huh

Wait until I get the big gun I just discovered I have online. It's gonna be biblical Cheesy

I hope it is an optimization to GPUs that make it competitive enough for FPGAs
Activity: 81
It was only the wind.
I couldn't mine with cgminer. can anyone show instruction with picture and command lines.

1. Download cgminer 3.7.2 for your OS.

Mine is Windows 7 so I'll explain for Windows 7.

2. You extract the zip file

3. You create a text document (right click, create new Textdocument) in the folder of the cgminer.exe

4. Call it Start.bat - you need to be sure there is no .txt at the end of the file. It must be Start.bat and not Start.bat.txt

5. Right click on Start.bat --> Edit

6. The file opens and you can type in:   cgminer --blake256 -I 10 -o http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -u YouAccountName.Workername -p Password --vectors 1 --no-submit-stale --gpu-threads 1 --scan-time 2 --queue 2

7. Click save

8. Close the textfield and double click Start.bat - your miner should start now.

You need an account on the suprnova pool and you need to create a worker in your account with password.

This will only work for Windows!

I couldn't mine at all. Anyone can help me?

Long-polling error:
http://uploads.im/AYq4k.png

Big community but no one can help me!
I am wonder how you guys are mining this coin while there is a problem from pools and networks not from me.

Honestly it looks like you're using the wrong miner.
legendary
Activity: 1504

@ocminer - do you know of any bitstreams for the Cairnsmore 1 units?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Oh, well that sucks for small gpu miners lol.

and not sure where to buy fpga that works with this algo in AU :-/
Activity: 12

Wolfy! Wolfy! Wolfy!
You're scaring me though. Crypto-noob here seeking clarification and help if you'd like to provide any haha.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

I need to get my hands on some but have no idea of any that aren't so old that you can't find them anymore. I was literally about to buy like 3-4 GPUs today but now I'm unsure of what to do.  Huh

What do you mean with "big gun"?
A new kind  of miningsoftware? An asic? A fast unknown GPU?
Activity: 12

legendary

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
All normal web services have resumed Cool

Only the stats page on the stake pool is inaccessible at present. The stake pool still needs some ironing out, but after the initial hiccups, it's doing well. More stake pools will be brought up as several interested and experienced parties have stepped forward after the call to action went out. There will be an RFP for this process too - so that compensation can be awarded for hosting an maintaining a stake pool. At least until fees are integrated and stake pools can become self-sustaining.

Will investigate what happened at the colocation and see the best way to mitigate future issues with downtime. It's certainly unusual and not a regular occurrence - albeit annoying.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1024
Just got off of IRC about the webpage outage. Here is the answer.
"The data center is doing physical maintenance (power related).  So, all of the front stuff (websites) hosted on them is down."
They use a vendor, so it's the vendor's problem, not Decred.

That's correct. It's definitely on the colocation provider's end. Everything in the back-end is working - i.e., the stake pool is voting, but all the front-ends are down.
All normal web services have resumed Cool
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
"The data center is doing physical maintenance (power related).  So, all of the front stuff (websites) hosted on them is down."

That's correct. It's definitely on the colocation provider's end. Everything in the back-end is working - i.e., the stake pool is voting, but all the front-ends are down.
Activity: 48
A project of this nature should have been using cloudfare.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Jump to: