Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 421. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I don't understand this wallet .... any help plz

EDIT: Why not a Qt wallet  dev ?
O well.
As mentioned many times before

The first RFP will go up soon - that will be for native GUIs. A Windows GUI is well underway, but UI/UX designers are likely going to have to step in and pretty it up. That's where the RFP will come in as well. Mac OS X and then Linux GUIs are on the cards too and big priorities. A stake pool is going up very soon (today or tomorrow), so any user can get involved in voting and PoS mining using a web interface. That's critically important.

In the meantime, I'll continue correspondence and get in touch with other people based on community feedback to let them know Decred developers are standing by and ready to help anyone interested in integration. There's also RPC work and developers have looked at a web dashboard so the network is visible and interpretable by anyone. And of course, everything built is open-source, so anyone can work with it and improve it.
Thank you What if I mine and hold them on the pool until the GUI wallet comes out?

You can use the web wallet too it is working pretty well and it is GUI
Ok thx  not sure if I understand that and it's on a web page.... thx though...

It is not really on a webpage the platform is served online but none of your data is stored in any server. All of your info is stored locally in cookies you just use the webpage to connect to the blockchain
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

It took me a couple of days, but I now have the daemon and wallet running. I don't have any actual coins in it though. I have them in the web wallet for now. I'm not in a hurry since I missed the train for the airdrop; don't want to mine with my AMD 7570; and not sure I want to lock up my small stash of 6 coins, for a month or more to solo stake.
Thx  I don't even now how to compile a wallet from a source code......... no book on it.  But good luck with your coins.
legendary

O well.

The first RFP will go up soon - that will be for native GUIs. A Windows GUI is well underway, but UI/UX designers are likely going to have to step in and pretty it up. That's where the RFP will come in as well. Mac OS X and then Linux GUIs are on the cards too and big priorities. A stake pool is going up very soon (today or tomorrow), so any user can get involved in voting and PoS mining using a web interface. That's critically important.

In the meantime, I'll continue correspondence and get in touch with other people based on community feedback to let them know Decred developers are standing by and ready to help anyone interested in integration. There's also RPC work and developers have looked at a web dashboard so the network is visible and interpretable by anyone. And of course, everything built is open-source, so anyone can work with it and improve it.
Thank you What if I mine and hold them on the pool until the GUI wallet comes out?

Ok thx  not sure if I understand that and it's on a web page.... thx though...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

It took me a couple of days, but I now have the daemon and wallet running. I don't have any actual coins in it though. I have them in the web wallet for now. I'm not in a hurry since I missed the train for the airdrop; don't want to mine with my AMD 7570; and not sure I want to lock up my small stash of 6 coins, for a month or more to solo stake.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Great, but now the main thing for mainstream Decred use is: Gui wallet and selling/paying/recieving payments. This is the biggest part in what a coin needs to have. I am a rather simple user, seeking for a coin where you can Pay for a product FAST and SAFE. As you can see this is where BTC kind of failed (long transaction times or risk double spending etc.)

O well.

legendary

O well.

Activity: 909
Merit: 506
WTS decred.xyz domain, PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
What now? Any news? If the price will rise, why would it? You cant really use Decred to pay etc. yet.

Well in 3 days not much can happen. Bugfixes are actively ongoing on github as far as i can see. And the price is rising probably because there are not much coins  available, and there is a demand for it and those who wanted to dump the airdrop at this price dumped already

Would be interesting to know how many airdrops have been claimed to this date and how many of those coins have been already sold. I am rather certain that most of the airdrop is still hanging because 800k coins at this price would need some serious whales to buy all that up and maintain the price.
And as told, the coin just launched, cant expect much yet.
After the first 24 hours the volume was almost 350 BTC. I guess many airdrops were sold then

IF we exclude daytrading in the first 24 hours but of course we can't that would mean around 15% of the total airdrop coins which is still quite impressive as we can't expect more than 50-60% to be dumped
Probably the rest 35-45% of users involved in airdrop, realized that Decred is much more than a P&D clone.

around 10% of which are from countries that dont speak English (Brazil, Russia, China, etc) lost their seeds and the coins are out the market forever
Lol i didn't took that in consideration Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
What now? Any news? If the price will rise, why would it? You cant really use Decred to pay etc. yet.

Well in 3 days not much can happen. Bugfixes are actively ongoing on github as far as i can see. And the price is rising probably because there are not much coins  available, and there is a demand for it and those who wanted to dump the airdrop at this price dumped already

Would be interesting to know how many airdrops have been claimed to this date and how many of those coins have been already sold. I am rather certain that most of the airdrop is still hanging because 800k coins at this price would need some serious whales to buy all that up and maintain the price.
After the first 24 hours the volume was almost 350 BTC. I guess many airdrops were sold then

IF we exclude daytrading in the first 24 hours but of course we can't that would mean around 15% of the total airdrop coins which is still quite impressive as we can't expect more than 50-60% to be dumped
Probably the rest 35-45% of users involved in airdrop, realized that Decred is much more than a P&D clone.

around 10% of people who are from countries that dont speak English (Brazil, Russia, China, etc) lost their seeds and the coins are out the market forever

O well.

legendary

EDIT: Why not a Qt wallet  dev ?
O well.

Well in 3 days not much can happen. Bugfixes are actively ongoing on github as far as i can see. And the price is rising probably because there are not much coins  available, and there is a demand for it and those who wanted to dump the airdrop at this price dumped already

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

Well in 3 days not much can happen. Bugfixes are actively ongoing on github as far as i can see. And the price is rising probably because there are not much coins  available, and there is a demand for it and those who wanted to dump the airdrop at this price dumped already

It would be nice but to get how many are sold is hard to guess coz the fact that it was moved to another address does not means that it was sold already.

yes, but the info you get would be, how many airdrops remained untouched until now.

Yup would be some nice info but i have a feeling it is something that will not be revealed, at least not yet. It would make trading a bit easier and would give a bit more confidence into the buys because right now there is no telling how much further down the price could be hammered. It has stayed a lot higher than i thought anyway, i was thinking it might get dropped to around 100k but it keeps on holding strong!
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

It would be nice but to get how many are sold is hard to guess coz the fact that it was moved to another address does not means that it was sold already.

yes, but the info you get would be, how many airdrops remained untouched until now.
Activity: 770

legendary

EDIT: Why not a Qt wallet  dev ?

Jump to: